The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's DLC Will Be Free

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Yep. Even the horse armor.

The Witcher 3 will have 16 pieces of DLC, according to CD Projekt Red. But you won't have to pay for any of them. The free DLC packs will begin releasing the day after the game is out Feb. 25 and follow every week. The first two sets will include some new armor for Geralt (and his horse) and new beards and mustaches for Geralt (sorry horse), a new look for Yennefer of Vengenberg and new quest.

CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwiński explained the company's approach in an open letter:

We love games. We love collecting them, playing them, and everything connected to that experience. Every time we reach out for a new release, we expect to be taken care of. We expect support if we encounter any problems, we love updates constantly improving the experience, and we feel really special when we receive free content that gives us more than we initially paid for. It doesn’t have to be huge, it can be an awesome skin for a character, or an extra sword, or armor.

Unfortunately this treatment is quite rare these days. As gamers, we nowadays have to hold on tight to our wallets, as surprisingly right after release, lots of tiny pieces of tempting content materialize with a steep price tag attached. Haven’t we just paid a lot of cash for a brand new game?

As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them - if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be out Feb. 24 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
View the Post on the Blog

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Read about this on ShopTo and it made me really happy. It's no surprise to me - been a fan of CDProject RED since Witcher 1, and because of their No excluded content from games Policy I actually rate them the best Game developers out there.

Really glad that they refuse to join the Micro-Trans that goes on in too many games. Content should always be accessible to everyone, though I understand companies require support sometimes.

Acceptable Micro trans are like new skins, maps, weapons etc that aren't excluded from the original game and used to get more unnecessary profit.

Some companies *Cough EA* just use the method to milk money from those foolish enough to do it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts