• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So I recently started a let's play of Skyrim because I had finished everything I wanted to with my old character. As I am leaving Helgen Keep, however, I remember that the old torturer man decided to stay there. (I left with Hadvar. Ralof would have killed him) To get to the bottom of this, I went back into Helgen Keep with my old character to see what was up. Aside from a spider and a bunch of bandits, there was nothing to be found. The torturer just isn't there. I ask you for theories, because there would be a body if he had been killed by the bandits.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
The torturer and the torturers assistant got married and lived long happy lives in The Imperial City

Morgan

I kill the torturer. Every single time, no matter who I follow. Hadvar doesn't blink an eye. You get to smash, bash, slash, and turn to hash something with less lease on life than a skeever, and in addition you can also loot Imperial bracers (which is the only missing piece out of the starter set) and a steel dagger to replace the iron one you might already have.

Edit: I realize this doesn't address your original question. I'd just assume that, like the mob, bandits have ways of disappearing bodies. Also, with the dragon feeding on all the game, food is probably scarce. Did you check the cookpots for a cowl?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
The keep reset and the torturer and soldiers were only there for the quest event, one time only so to speak.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I believe the torturer realises the error of his ways when he emerges into the torched ruins of Helgen Keep. With a heavy heart, overcome by the suffering around him, he ventures out into the wilderness and wanders into a pack of wolves.

His last thoughts, as the beasts tear out his throat, are of the offer we gave him to depart and how much he regrets the decision he made.

Wildroses

I think he eventually realised we weren't kidding about the dragon and made a run for it. Either he was squashed by falling buildings, or made it out alive and has been sent to a dungeon in need of a new torturer. I prefer the squashed theory.

Also, is it possible for the torturer's assistant to survive? Every single character who has gone with Hadvar has the torturer's assistant say he's coming with us, only to be killed by the next group of bandits or me being careless with my flame spell around some oil.

Haha. These all sound much more fun than I expected. :D Anyways,

I think he eventually realised we weren't kidding about the dragon and made a run for it. Either he was squashed by falling buildings, or made it out alive and has been sent to a dungeon in need of a new torturer. I prefer the squashed theory.

Also, is it possible for the torturer's assistant to survive? Every single character who has gone with Hadvar has the torturer's assistant say he's coming with us, only to be killed by the next group of bandits or me being careless with my flame spell around some oil.
For me, the assistant disappeared after the tunnel collapsed so I assume he got squished.

Morgan

Yeah. If he survives that battle, he has a scripted dialogue point: "You guys go ahead. I'd better see to the old man." Then he goes and stands in the middle of the room and his part in the mini-play is over.

feliciano182

Wow, I didn't realize the torturer was anything other than killing material.

Though I really can't resist escaping with The Stormcloaks and joining The Legion afterwards, too much awesome comes from that.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
The torturer retired to the beaches of anvil

I hate that guy! His monologue after you kill the Stormcloaks is just begging to be killed. I usually get at least a free backstab out of him, he deserves no better. Assuming he survived (and his assistant) they had to backtrack because of the collapsed bridge, and probably back through the surface of Helgen. Seeing al the evidence, he would be forced to conclude that there was a fire, and probably exit out the East Gate so he doesn't run into the Dragonborn. Then, he either gets killed by Stormcloaks at the camp, or makes it all the way to Haemar's Shame, where he's killed by Vampires, which he doesn't believe in either. Possibly the Whispmother near the tower at South Skyborn Watch? Regardless, he's too stupid to live, and finds an ignoble death.

Curbymakesmusic

I believe the torturer realises the error of his ways when he emerges into the torched ruins of Helgen Keep. With a heavy heart, overcome by the suffering around him, he ventures out into the wilderness and wanders into a pack of wolves.

His last thoughts, as the beasts tear out his throat, are of the offer we gave him to depart and how much he regrets the decision he made.

PSA - I just killed a theif wearing the torturer’s hood that looked identical and sounded like the him! I think the mystery of what became of the torturer has been solved. He was rocking some Gnarly glass armor so he had imperial skill to acquire that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts