• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Drasok Ghett

Lol, Im new :P
    "Finally, that took ages. Okay anyways" Kjold said nervously, what would they say when he asked them, would they think hes crazy? "before I begin, I need you to never repeat this. If you do, I will personally hunt you down, and nobody will every hear of you again" Kjold's smirk had gone, and a straight face had taken its place. "There is something, Something as pure as the fallen snow, as Dark as the pits of Hell. It's called "The Forbidden Power" Anybody who is consumed by it becomes filled with dark energy. They lose there sanity for destructive power. I am looking for this...Power because a certain person needs it, and Me and my "esteemed colleague" can't let him have it, we have tracked it down to Skyrim" Kjold grabbed a small crystal out of his pocket "This is the thing that will allow us to hold the power. It need to be found as soon as possible" He put the crystal in his pocket, then looked at the both of them "Do you know anything about it?" Kjold said

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "There is something, Something as pure as the fallen snow, as Dark as the pits of Hell. It's called "The Forbidden Power" Anybody who is consumed by it becomes filled with dark energy. They lose there sanity for destructive power. I am looking for this...Power because a certain person needs it, and Me and my "esteemed colleague" can't let him have it, we have tracked it down to Skyrim" The man grabbed a small crystal out of his pocket "This is the thing that will allow us to hold the power. It need to be found as soon as possible" He put the crystal in his pocket, then looked at Jokar and the lady. "Do you know anything about it?"

Jokar could not chose one single emotion for himself, so he chose all. Joy, for it seemed they were not here at all on Harkon's request, curiosity, for what the man would need a power like this for, and fear, for he knew of a similiar power as this he mentioned, but he could not speak of it, it was much too risky.

"F-forbidden Power? It needs a better name... I... haven't heard of it." He avoided eye contact with the man, and cursed himself for making such an obvious lie, he just hoped the man took his expressions for poor self confidence or something else.

Jokar was yet very young, a novice in most, and with his weak, rockjointed body, he was sure he would be of no greater use physically, at least until he regained his powers, if he had chosen to feed upon humans and mers, his body would never grown this weak, letting diseases through to him, and regaining his strength would take time, so right now, he realized something.

This might be his only chance away from desperate survival and poverty, he needed to make himself valuable, but only way he saw to do so was telling of the "power" which he knew of, which would reveal his vampirism.

Was it worth it?

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn watched and listened to the two speak, watching them. She had almost scoffed at the very mention of this character tracking her down and causing her to be lost to the world. Who did he think he was, all the same she kept quiet. She was relived if nothing else that this would be perfectly legal, that his intent was truly to glean information. However she had no knowledge on the subject.

“I must admit, there are many things that I have no knowledge of, this being one of them. Many names that I’ve yet to hear even mentioned, this name being on that list. I apologise.” She extended her apology however she had some feeling that this was not over.

Drasok Ghett

Lol, Im new :P
    "Well...This has been a complete waste of time..." Kjold shrugged, then nodded "Are you guys interested in helping, i could give you whatever you wanted" Kjold's smirk came back, if he could get them to help him, Sensin would be glad. Though Kjold had now grown tired of Sensin, he wasn't anything like Kjold. "So...What will it be?"

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn turned to the Mer, she realized she didn’t even know his name yet for some reason she felt in some way responsible, or could it be protective. Damn it. With that thought she grabbed the Mers arm once more and began to pull him away.

“Excuse us a moment.” She called back to the shady man over her shoulder.

She stopped far enough so that the man would not hear with an apology written all over her face. She sighed and gave up her gentle grip on his arm, her hand still lingering.

I apologise for this. I know I do not know you but I know what it is to fall on hard times. I,” she stopped for a moment, she usually knew exactly what she wanted to say but she was unsure. How could she explain her sudden protective feeling and that intuition that made her so uncomfortable about this man’s offer. “I have no job to attend to, I have no company holding me down… if you need, and if you have any idea on how I could help you I will do this for you. You remind me of someone… I am not sure I would want to agree to help this man. If you would like to I will join you. With two sets of eyes hopefully we could see through deceit. Its only that I wouldn’t want you accepting this only because you have fallen on hard times.”

She took a deep breath and looked at the Mer. Again unable to explain why she wanted to take him under her wing.

Brynn, “ she smiled “Brynn Ráðúlfr

Ruthis

Dunmer
    Ruthis.

An echo of silence hung over the tall silhouette of a robed man. As he made his way through the door of the Silverblood Inn, his grey-brown skin tone was made clear, and it was as simple as shooting an arrow to see that this was a Dunmer man. His vibrantly hued oculars - placed evenly on his shrewdly figured face - bounced over the dancing flames in the corner of the rooming house. Blinking, the ex - Telvanni wizard glanced around the tavern. Seeing no one that distinctly caught his eye, the tall elf made his way to an empty, wooden armchair in the closest corner.
    The man was cloaked in a fine silk, reflecting the vibrant fire's light like still waters. The robe was loose, whereas the cut was low enough to clearly see the pendant of the East Empire that hung around his neck, and if you looked closely at the jewelry's surface, you'd catch the thin glimmer of purple, which was a dead giveaway to the fact that this man was gifted in the art of Conjuration. A dark hilt that fell around the Dark Elf's waist held a Dwarven sword, and on the sword's side, was the word, "Reflection," printed in the ancient Falmer tongue.
    This man was Ruthis. He'd been around.. well, longer than most. He was a mage at heart, and had inherited the gift of stealth a couple centuries back, when he'd been turned. Unlike few of his insane brothers and sisters, he had been adopted into the Volkihar bloodline, and therefor was given the ability to alter his body to one of a so called, "Vampire Lord." Again, unlike some, Ruthis was reasonable when it came to his gift. He had a brain, and used his knowledge to control his hunger.
    As the Dunmer had been drifting off, his gaze following the movement of the flames, his mind wandering to the far - off place of his past, in House Telvanni, back in Morrowind. Widening his almond - shaped eyes, the man shook his head, drawing in a quick breath through his nose as he was brought back into reality. Lifting his head, as he'd been resting his cheek on his clenched fist, he gazed around once more. The Vampire's eyes were a glowing red - orange hue, which would normally be quite simple to spot.. but the fact that it was a common eye color for the Dunmer made life quite at ease.
    (I will have Ruthis' character site up soon.)

A young girl, roughly the age 8, with blonde hair, and eyes blue as the sea, she slowly pushes the door open of Silverblood inn, she wears rags over her body, dirt on her face, she holds a scar on her left cheek. She speaks in a soft quiet voice, "um...excuse me....I-is this enough for a cup of water..?" She holds out 3 Septims.

Ruthis

Dunmer
    Ruthis' gaze fluttered over to the heavy doors as they swung open. A small child - probably about the age he'd been when he became a Telvanni apprentice - made her way towards the counter. She had fair hair, like every other Nord character, and eyes like the misty oceans he'd once traveled. She looked to be homeless, but the Dunmer man honestly believed that this child was more than that. He had always taken great care with strangers, as many of Skyrim's inhabitants weren't what they seemed to be. Glancing up at the Innkeeper, he observed the distaste in her eyes. Not many had respect for street rats.
    "It should be just enough," the ash - skinned man said, standing from his seat and placing his hand in his pocket, taking several coins. "Two bowls of chowder, Ma'am." he said, looking down at the petite child. Poor thing looked as if she hadn't eaten in days.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
    Svarnor Far-Traveled was almost stopped at the gates to Markarth. His axe was red, his leather armor splattered with blood and, beneath his firey hair, a strange kind of madness burned in his eyes. But as the guard started to step forward, Svarnor held up the bounty notice, bearing the Jarl's seal. They waved him through.

It was late. He'd visit the Jarl in the morning. For now, however, Svarnor needed a strong drink and a night's rest.
    He pushed open the doors, stepping inside. There was a dark elf purchasing food for himself and a little girl- Svarnor waited for them to be finished, noting the fact that the girl was dressed in rags. She looked practically homeless. It was such a shame nowadays, how many orphans there were who weren't being brought to Honorhall. Svarnor pushed away the 'In my day...' that rose in the back of his mind. He knew he was getting old, but he still didn't plan to act it.

The small child stood in shock as she only asked for water but had gotten food instead. She was happy enough to cry but she didn't as she knew it showed weakness, and that it was something never to be shown in these times of darkness. The young lass hesitantly took the bowl in hand, still looking at the stranger that had bought her food, and looked down to the chowder pondering if it was a trick, that before she would eat it the man would take it and laugh. Her stomach growled intensely as she decided to take the chance that there are people in the world who pity the poor. She slowly took bits of her food until the bowl was empty. After the bowl she had eaten from was empty she stood up from the chair she had sat in when she eaten, and thanked the Dunner man. While she thanked him the young child Bowed to him as if he were a master or lord.

Ruthis

Dunmer
    Ruthis' gaze traveled across the rounded table as he sat across from the small child. As his bowl was merely half emptied, his orbs widened in shock as the Nord's serving was licked clean. "Dear, child!" he exclaimed, his voice slow an patient. "When did you last eat?" he inquired, a single brow rising in question. As she stood, his forehead drew lines upon itself. And as the girl bowed, a short chuckle sizzled from his stomach. "There's no need to bow to a mere wizard, Miss." he explained, holding out his moistened palm, sweat lining the creases as it was a warm room.

The young child raised her head from the bow. She looked at the ground feeling ashamed, "I-I'm sorry...it's out of.....habit. My...father had always made me bow to my elders after they did something for me.". The young child then sat in the chair still looking at the ground in thought. She then started lowering her head a tint lower. Then, a single small tear drop fell from her eye.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
    Svarnor ordered, collecting his food and drink and sitting at a table in the corner. Bored as he ate, his eyes panned the room, settling on the little girl and the Dunmer who'd been paying as he approached. Strange, he thought to himself, to see a Dunmer this far west. There were far more of them in Windhelm, Winterhold, and Riften than here.

He put it out of his head. It was nothing. Surely it was nothing.

Ruthis

Dunmer
    "There's no need to be ashamed, child," the Volkihar whispered, a hinted smile lacing it's way upon his thinly set lips. As the girl hastily sat down across from him, he frowned to himself, recalling his childhood. It was difficult 200 years ago to be living as an orphan - no doubt it was still quite the task. Lifting his gaze, he tilted his head, his angled jaw elevated. Spotting the tears that were falling onto the child's lap, he reached out his hand, using his long, thin index finger to lift the girl's chin. "What is your name, girl?" he asked, swiping his dark thumb across her sun kissed cheek, whipping away the wetness.

The young child looked into his sunset coloured eyes, she could sense something about him that just seemed...familiar. "M-my name? I-I believe it's Sylveia" Sylveia looks into his eyes. "What's your name?"

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
    Svarnor felt himself being drawn back again and again to look at the Dunmer. He'd just touched the girl's face with his thumb, running it along her cheek. It was a strange gesture, and as he watched Svarnor realized the girl was crying. She looked up, an innocent expression on her face, and said something.

In his corner, the Nord frowned, fidgeting a little with his axe. He'd strike an imposing figure, a bloodied Nord, standing tall over the crowd. Perhaps he'd approach...

No. He decided. He couldn't make a scene, even if he suspected the Dunmer had dark plans. He'd wait, and see what happened.

Ruthis

Dunmer
    Glancing over his shoulder, the dark skinned elf flicked his torn ear at a Nord man who'd been watching them for quite some time. He was often being hunted by the Dawnguard and his old friends; the Dark Brotherhood, but he hadn't been known to act harshly upon this. Smiling, he heard the sound of the girl's voice. Sylveia. What a strange name. Most Nord names struck the Dunmer as interesting. Even after all these years. "Ruthis." he answered, nodding his head as if it were a new greeting.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
    The Dunmer glanced over his shoulder, and once again Svarnor found himself thrown into doubt. What had it meant. Did it mean anything? Was the Dunmer aware that he was being watched? It might have-
    The Dunmer smiled as he turned back around to face the girl, making Svarnor yet more uncomfortable. what was he to make of that? Had the Dunmer been smiling at him?

There was no way to tell without acting, but perhaps something more could be gleaned before anything definite was done.

Svarnor stood, stretching in an effort to remain casual. He moved across the room, sitting down again at another table, and continuing to watch the Dunmer. If the Dark Elf looked at him again, he could be sure he was being watched.

Sylveia then realized why Ruthis was so familiar, he was a vampire. Sylveia frowned as she looked at Ruthis. "Ruthis. What vampire clan are you from?". She gave him a stern look as she expected a serious answer. Sylveia and her family were captured by vampires not to long ago. Sylveia was tortured and her life-force taken away. Her family was slaughtered and killed as she turned back from running away, after seeing the horrors, she escaped with the last bit of life. She will never forget what the Volkihar Clan did.

Ruthis

Dunmer
    Did everyone in this city think he was some sort of wild beast? Sure, he took pleasure in the flesh and blood of the living, but he wasn't like many of his brothers and sisters, who would go and terrorize cities in the night. Ruthis was a peaceful man... but not many ever gave him enough grace to realize this.
    Blinking twice, Sylveia's question registered. Taking a breath through his nose, his gaze narrowed, "A child of your age... You speak of this subject with such seriousness. Surly you've background with the Vampire Clans?" he hummed, avoiding answering the girl's question. He could see it in her eyes, anyway. She knew his true clan.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts