The Silent Saxleel [Prologue]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Afazha

Hello

This is a prologue of a fanfic I'm about to make.
It's based on my character in game, and I wanted to hear your thoughts about it.

First of all, I need to apologize about my English.
It's bad and has a lot of mistake, it is not my native language, and I can't say that I speak English that often. So, I'm sorry for your inconvenience while reading this.
I'm trying really hard to improve it,

But, here we go

-----

[Prologue]

"Calm down, Shadowmere." his voice was rough with anger. And the horse was always restless. Rain poured on them, as they walked side by side toward the city of Falkreath.

Astrid died.

He could not believe it, would not believe it. Someone as strong as her couldn't die just like that. His anger flashed once more in his heart, and he pulled the horse to walk a bit faster. He wore some random fur armor that he found, to conceal his sacred Shrouded armor beneath it.

And the fur was soaked, for a second he just wanted to throw that armor away and walk lightly again. But no, he needed to go to the tavern, in search for a bit of information. And that would mean that he should never show anyone who he really was.

The gate, there would be a guard posted. It is safer to take the hood off, to avoid suspicion. So he did, then he used the hood to cover Shadowmere's blazing red eyes. The assassin walked fast but calmly, as common people would do in the middle of a light rain like this. When he reached the gate, the guard stared at him. When he stopped, Shadowmere kept walking. Then the guard said,

"Go on, do as your horse did, seems like he is smarter than you. You don't want to be as wet as me, standing here."

He got nothing to reply, and didn't want too, anyway. So he walked again, to the inn he went. He hated this town, but it was the closest town around here, so he got no other choice. There, he saw the inn, bigger than any other houses. But first to the stable, so he called out the stableboy that he saw sitting in chair, with sleepy eyes.

"Boy, wake up!"

The boy woke and stood up, surprised.

"I need you to tend to my horse, dry him and fed him. But don't touch him too much, he's dangerous." he told the boy.

Alone, he walked to the inn's door, he needed to dry himself too. The windows glowing from the fire inside, and voices could be heard. The more crowded it is, the better, since words and tales came from the mouths of people.

The door creaked open, and the voice lowered a little bit, heads turned at the newcomer, drenched and dripping. But soon the conversation is back, louder than before. It is crowded indeed.

The assassin walked slowly to the counter, used his time to listen and dry himself with the heat from the fireplace in the center of the room. He had reach the counter, when he heard someone said, "Murdered in sleep, you say? But, isn't that a common thing in a city as rotten as Riften?" The man chuckled.

"It maybe so, but I'm glad that city is far from Falkreath, so it's unlikely that the killer is around here, right? Right?" He heard a woman said.

"Aye, but who is it again, the one who got murdered?" A bald man replied.

"Grelod the Kind," said Veezara.

"Aye, her. I heard that she was not kind at all." said the first man. "Then someone wanted her dead, and hired an assassin. Is that the way of it?" asked the bald man.

"Assassin? No!" said Veezara, drived by anger. "He's just a lowlife killer, wanted to act cool, killing an evil woman."

The other customers were looking at him now, curious that someone raised voice.

I spoke too much.

Just as he wanted to explain what he was saying, the inn door blasted open. Two man standing at the door, one was the guard at the post. And the other is a nord hunter, both soaked heavily.

"Valdr! You're back!" The innkeeper shouted.

Then many voice spoke together, saying the same thing. People got up from their benches, moving to help the hunter, or asking question.

"Are you alright, Valdr? Where are Ari and Niels?" asked the woman.

"They're.. They're dead," he paused. "I was so lucky," hearing that the woman gasped, "D-dead?"

With a grim face, the innkeeper said, "Come here, Valdr, sit. You got a story to tell."

Veezara decided he had to listen to this story, so he went to sit in a chair near the window.

"At first it was a bear, the three of us tracked him down to his hiding place, in some cavern," said Valdr sadly. The other people were silent, listening to him.

"We got inside, had even cornered the beast.." he paused. "What happen then, Valdr?" asked the woman.

"Th-Then came a strange creature appeared from the trunk of a tree, Spriggans, I was told." he closed his eyes.

"There were five of them then, and they attacked us." he continued. "Ari and Niels were.. they were.." he couldn't go on.

The woman gasped, "We're very sorry for them too, Valdr." said the bald man.
"Bring an ale, innkeeper!" someone called out. The innkeeper went to do it.

Watching the hunter drank his ale, Veezara got bored at the story. But then, Valdr decided to continue it, silence fell again.

"I barely escaped, and injured so badly. Those damned spriggans did not follow me outside, so I can rest a bit. As angry as I was back there, I can't do anything."

"But you looked okay now, something did happen, no?" asked the innkeeper.

"Aye, someone came, a help." replied Valdr.

"Two argonians, I told them what happened immediately. They were so kind, they gave me potions and healed me. One of them tended to my wound, and the other went inside, to clear the cave, he said." said Valdr.

"But you said there were five spriggans?" said a man.

"Of course, I didn't believe it at first, but then I heard shouting from inside the cave, and in no time, that argonian came out of the cave, said he had defeated those spriggans." Valdr looked like he was still amazed himself.

"Before they leave me to bury Ari and Niels, I gave them my lucky knife as thanks." that was the end of the story, Veezara knew. But then the bald man said,

"I heard about an evil person, and a kind person. An assassin, and a savior, they're so different, eh? I hope there are more kind people like those argonians in Skyrim."

"Why don't you be one yourself?" asked the guard, who were silent until now.

Veezara broke, "Did you know where they went?"

Valdr stared at him, his face a tired one, "They said they wanted to make a camp around that cave for tonight."

That was all Veezara needed, he got up and took his leave. Outside the rain was still pouring, heavier than before, but that made no matter. He went to the stable, threw a septim to the boy's head, and pulled Shadowmere out. He rode the horse down the road, back to the gate, the town was quiet, and no one were outside.

Shouting wasn't it? This time it's no mistake. He had heard so much story of this argonian. This Dragonborn, he would rather say. He had heard the greybeards calling from their mountain. Then again, Babette said.. Babette said that Astrid was shouted to death, just like that Ulfric shouted the High King to death.

His rage came so suddenly, outside the gate he took Shadowmere to a gallop, while tearing down the fur armor. He had no worries, as Shadowmere hooves were muffled, and himself, he was invinsible in the darkness, no one could see him. For he is the Last Shadowscale.

-----

Thanks for reading, please post your comments and advice
I would really appreciate it.

Again, forgive me about my English
If you can give me some grammars or words correction, I thank you for that.

That's all for me :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts