• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

DropTop

"To whom it may concern,

Perhaps you’re reading this note in a cave, on the road, lost in a dungeon, locked in prison, tucked in the warmth of a tavern, even atop the throat of the world. Wherever, or must I say, whoever you are I have something worth your while. Something YOU specifically need. Your quest for eternal bliss has just begun; however, the trials that await you may in fact manipulate your fate so that your goal is not achieved. You have the opportunity now to leave this note in its rightful place and if you do then don’t worry, you were not my intended audience. But...if you’re reading this note and a fire has been lit in your heart, one so powerful you will face those awaiting trials with courage, then you are whom I need. Few others have received a note like this, and those few you will meet soon and therefore take this journey by their side. Risk what you have and become something you’ve dreamed of or keep dreaming. I will make myself known to you soon, for notes can only display so much of what I possess. Take the southern exit of Riverwood and travel down the road until you find three large standing stones. These are the Guardian stones. Perhaps you know of them, yet they have no significance to you currently. There you will receive a gift upon touching the stones granted to you specifically for your own individual qualities. There your journey will begin.

T.K."

You have received this note miraculously while on your adventures. The way in which you’ve received it was mystical and unexplainable. Perhaps it spontaneously appeared in your bag, or you found it seemingly awaiting your arrival on a previous adventure. Questions race through your mind, with every word the drive to fulfill this notes prophecy overwhelm your current agenda replacing it. To any random fellow, the words “to whom it may concern” doesn’t spark a single bit of interest. But to you, you’ve already replaced those words with your own name and have set sights on traveling to the guardian stones. Like any experienced traveler, you do have skepticism. Perhaps this is all a sham, and awaiting you at the guardian stones is a group of bandits ready to gut you for your belongings. But everything about this note, even the touch, speaks to you in ways no ordinary note has before. Your spirit doesn’t just want this journey, it needs it. With so many questions to ask, you begin the trek to your destination. Is this finally your chance to fill the gaping hole inside of you? The hole your soul seeks to fill with that of which it doesn’t know? And who else has received this note? Certainly your destiny is your own, but it intrigues you that others are perhaps experiencing the same thing as you. Without a doubt, you’ve realized that this isn’t something small.

Skyrim hasn’t seen the face of the dragon born yet. Dragons have not yet returned to the landscape, but the day is soon. One of the few receiving this note is the dragonborn, unknowingly of course. They will discover their abilities on this quest, but how they will use that power is still to question. Will Skyrim be blessed with a champion of good, or cursed with the beginning of the end days. Let the journey begin.

P.s. This story is not centered around the dragonborn I just wanted to incorporate it.

Rules/Regulations:

1. If you join, please remain ACTIVE. Meaning if you take more than a week without prior acknowledgement of your leaving I will find some way to keep the story moving without your character. Can’t stress enough. The maximum time between posts I would like to be at the most a 5 day period, anything more just consent with me. I will try for at least a post a day on my behalf. If I get out of check then by all means continue the thread without my char.
    2. I will decide through the story who will be granted the title of dragonborn, but if you do not want the title just let me know in your character creation.
    3. I have plans so do not worry about a questline, however if you would like to have your character influence the story by discovering something or doing something then just message me your idea of what you plan and I’ll approve/disapprove. I want every character involved to be as detrimental to the story as the next so don’t think your character is going to be just a tag-a-long.
    4. Keep out of character posts in the ooc thread.
    5. 18+ All types of language allowed so if your character is a potty mouth, go for it.
    6. Keep posts at least a paragraph or more. At the least 5 sentences, but with substance! I want a fleshed-out RP that’ll have everyone on their toes for the next persons post.
    7. When creating a character keep it lore friendly. Nothing TOO overpowered. I say this because I plan on using a Cathay-raht khajiit. If you’re unfamiliar with that it’s a google search away, but the character is much more athletically advantaged than the common man, specifically in size and strength. If the character is made with depth and reason they will be accepted and if your character is questionable they will certainly be accepted if the profile is well made, meaning much time spent into developing and creating. I reward those who put time into their creations. More than one character is welcome.
    8. If a fight breaks between two characters in story or more, feel free to have at it just consent with whoever you’re about to engage with so you can both establish who will be victorious and how the fight will go. I don’t want any arguments because of unreasonable fight scenes.
    9. If you want to quit or feel like you can’t keep up, just let me know and we can either kill the character off or have them leave and reintroduced further in the story if you choose to return.
    10. I’m very lenient so don’t worry I’m not going to dictate anyone around here, as long as you’re verbal with me everything will go smoothly.
    11. Since it seems nearly impossible to keep an rp moving smoothly with more than 5 people, I want to keep this to 5 spots. Exceptions can be made. If you were like me and couldn’t find a single other rp to join, message me I know how it feels to be in that spot.

My character will be posted below, so add yours here and lets get started. Once the cast is set I'll edit it in:

DropTop

e435da15e0bd8c74dc9d8c12bbc24de1.jpg

Kharjiir Aohin
    Cathay-Raht Khajiit
    The Steed
    Personal Information
    Appearance:
    There is a reason why Cathay-Rahts are the first into battle. Standing roughly 7ft 4 inches tall and weighing over 300lbs, Kharjiir is always a site to be seen. Born wardriven, only the Skyforge could create steel stronger than the bones of this brute. With hands like bear paws, a swat from his claws can engrave markings in stone. The moons destined him to be the bearer of weight where the weak tremble. Gladly he takes this responsibility. He is a bulky figure, not shredded but carrying a healthy layer of fat on his body while still keeping an athletic look. His arms are thick and solid, hardened over the years of fighting and lifting. His legs are round like tree-trunks, immovable and rooted in the earth where he stands. He doesn't look freakish for his height balances out his girth. However, he is a sore thumb in every crowd constantly drawing unwanted attention for his size.

Personality:
    Kharjiir is a curious one, which in turn gets him in trouble. Wandering off on his own often, the beast loves to be lonesome with himself. The setting of Skyrim is a lofty one for those whose hearts request adventure. Kharjiir wishes he could be an adventurer, yet he is incapable of sustaining himself without the aid of the caravan. Many don’t take kindly to Khajiit, and so the saying goes “the bigger they are the harder they fall.” In getting to know him, you have a better chance at learning more about his knuckles than his personality. Be wary when confronting him as well, for he doesn’t take anything lightly. Very respect oriented, so look him in the eyes and speak clearly or else you already put yourself on the “not-welcome” list. Rough talker as well, using intimidation to get his point across most of the time. Given his menacing appearance combined with his confidence, fear is not something that plagues him, meaning he can get himself in sticky situations unknowingly. On the outside, appears rough edged and stiff. His trust issues make him a tough fellow to really get to know, but truly he is sweet at heart and deeply fond of those he cares for.

Sexuality:
    Heterosexual

Single

Kharjiir travels with a Khajiit caravan across the roads of Skyrim; however, he can leave whenever he pleases.

Affiliations:
    None

Positive Traits:
    Sense of humor through rough times, Tolerant of people he likes, great companion, loves adventure, very defensive of himself and those he likes, always will return the favor

Negative Traits:
    Not fully trustworthy, curiosity killed the cat, anger issues, fears nothing, short attention span; easily distracted (why takes walks to gather his thoughts)

Night, Adventure, arguing, challenges, drinking by himself, long walks to clear his mind

Dislikes:
    Nords, stormcloaks, empire, argonians, ancient ruins, people who talk to fast, large bodies of water, trolls, heat

History:
    (In the workings)

Voice:
    I imagine him sounding like James Earl Jones. If you don’t know that voice then you haven’t lived (Darth Vader, Mufasa, etc). Very deep tone.

Class Information
    Barbarian

Major Skills:
    Hand-to-Hand
    Light armor
    Two-Handed

Minor Skills:
    Block
    Speech
    One-handed

Inventory:
    two-handed silver long-sword
    Fur Armor (optional chest cuirass, usually without upper body covered)
    Fur Gauntlets
    Fur Boots
    Silver Emerald Necklace
    Brown Fur Bag for carrying
    Wood Cutting axe
    Torch
    Single fur tent and bedding

Style:
    Kharjiir always begins a fight with his hands, and if unable to end it with his hands resorts to his great longsword to finish the job. He can wield the weapon with one hand or both. When using both he acquires much better accuracy; however, when using one it leaves his other hand available to deal as much damage as possible yet limiting his maneuverability. His fur armor isn’t much for armor but to keep him warm which his already dense fur provides. He doesn’t like the cumbersome weight added through heavy armor, and prefers his ability to be rather agile for a large brute, of course relative to the skilled fighter he may not be as quick. His knowledge in fighting isn’t nearly in depth to that of the experience fighter; however, when it takes one palm to knock a heavy-set Nord on his rear then you don’t really need much knowledge or experience. His only experiences with combat are those endured while travelling Skyrim’s harsh roads, which has given him a cold shoulder and decent fight in him. Plenty a bandit and creature he has slayed through the past 3 years of caravanning, plenty more to come. He is weak against the nimble and those who use magic, strong against the fellow warrior.

Magic:
    None

Interested! If you like my CC let me know so I can start working on my first post. (Its the same character I'm using in another thread, but I think he is the easiest of mine to incorporate into other peoples stories. I also have a stealthy-illusion character if she would fit better, but she isn't particularly talkative.) Also prefer orange but not picky.
    Name: Casamir Arcole
    Race: Imperial/Breton
    Class: Healer, Fighter
    Height: 5' 9"

Appearance: Short brown hair, brown eyes, 5 o' clock shadow but otherwise well kempt. Wide shouldered and muscular. wears brown long sleeve with a hood and single button at the neck. will put a leather chest price over shirt if expecting a fight and will roll up sleeves, leaving his arms free for mobility. Carries a sword and dagger on his right hip.
    Personality: Neutral Neutral alignment, thinks logically. generally personable but prefers company of close friends than that of strangers. Smokes occasionally, will often roll a cigarette and put it behind his ear as a nervous habit, or while thinking. History of moon sugar use, but doesn't use regularly. Avoids excess drinking. Natural leader who Aspires to more than the Mercenary work he turns to to survive.
    Background: Brought up in the Cyrodiil countryside by his Breton mother and imperial father. His adopted Khajiit brother and him are still close friends and working partners. his parents past away in a house fire when he was young. He escaped the blaze and he and his brother grew up being raised by different denizens of the imperial city, primarily residing on the waterfront. Learned to fight from a martial arts teacher.
    Notable Skills: Alteration and restoration magic, specializing in hardening own skin for defense and healing own wounds during battle. Also able to heal others. Formidable unarmed opponent, able to grapple and snap bones. Able to create a bright flash of light that disorients opponents. journeyman skill with sword.
    Fighting Style: Fights with his sword or dagger in a reverse grip in his right hand, but with his left side facing his opponent. he holds his left hand out towards his opponent. Prefers to hide his magical abilities from his opponent until the critical moment where he can catch them off guard. Is an even more formidable opponent when he is unarmed, specializing in disarming his opponents and brutalized them up close. Able to harden fists with his alteration before a punch making it more dangerous.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    latest

Race: Imp

Name: Goes by "Gnarl"

Marital Status: Single

Affiliation(s): Mehrunes Dagon, long-dead ex-Mage's Guild Associate

Traits: Mischievous, underhanded, self-absorbed, astonishingly loyal to his contract-holders, slightly carefree, occasionally vicious

Likes: Fire, lightning, most magick in general, Lord Dagon, salmon, and belt buckles

Dislikes: Frost magick, other imps, daedric artifacts, grime, and moccasins

Background: Several years before the Oblivion Crisis, a Mage's Guild Associate discovered the potential of the forbidden magicks, and began to study them. During the course of these studies, this unnamed Associate summoned a young imp, barely in its forties, and bound its soul to a silver dagger, anchoring its existence to the world of Tamriel. To ensure the imp's obedience, this mage made sure to keep the blade on his person at all times, threatening to send the imp back to its hellish life surrounded by other imps, should it refuse to follow his orders.

Seeing its predicament as unlikely to change anytime soon, this imp was forced to bow to its new master, and quickly adapted to life as an otherworldly steward. While its master was not harsh, he didn't know how to go about keeping such a burdensome secret from the Mage's Guild, while continuing to study there. So, he simply cut ties with them, and ventured out into the large world to find a home - one in which he could keep his imp steward and freely practice the various experiments he thought up.

Over the next two years, the occasional bandit or adventurer found his or her way to the mage's cave, only to be slain by the imp who stood guard at its entrance. The mage benefited from the odd dead body to experiment with, but was blind to the imp's actions. For whenever the imp brought its master a corpse, it first checked for one specific item - a silver dagger. And, at long last, it found one.

The imp took the body down the winding tunnels to its master's lair, and called for him. After some moments passed, the imp's master rose from his studies, and made his way over to the imp. Just before he took the body, though, the imp lost his grip, and the body crashed to the floor, taking the imp's master down with it. Quickly, the imp scrambled to pull his master from the floor, apologizing profusely, but its master was furious. He threw the imp across the room, to crash to the floor, and reached inside his robes for the silver dagger he kept.

Brandishing the blade, he spat harsh words at the imp for his clumsiness, his idiocy. Cowering, the imp cried out its lament, over and over, begging for its master's mercy. After many minutes were spent doing so, the imp's master finally replaced the blade in his coat, and put out the fire he'd held at the ready. But, before he returned to his studies, the imp's master made sure to kick, spit upon, and further verbally abuse his imp steward. Then, he roared at the imp to return to its post at the cave's entrance, and dragged the bandit's corpse back to his study chambers.

The imp held its position on the floor for several minutes, making sure its master stayed in his chambers, before allowing a smile to creep its way onto the imp's face. It slowly rose from the floor, holding its arm against its cracked ribs, and gave a quiet chuckle. The imp's left hand emerged from behind its back, and revealed a silver dagger, one that hummed with the imp's soul energy.

"As you wish... master," the imp hissed, as its wings began a rhythmic beat, and it hovered back up the tunnels, out into the daylight.

As it emerged from the musty cave, the imp stopped and brandished the knife, looking at what could be considered its true self.

"This," the imp said to itself, "is my rebirth..."

For several weeks, the imp wandered about the area, scouting for camps of bandits and their ilk. Finally, he found a suitably large one, and watched it until night fell. He watched who gave orders and quickly spied the camp's leader, noting where she went to bed, and readied himself.

Once the moon had risen to its highest, and all but the camp's sentries had fallen asleep, the imp made his move. Calling upon his atrophied illusion magicks, the imp cloaked himself with invisibility and made his way to the camp leader's tent. For more than an hour, he whispered to her, whispered of a cave filled with treasures, a cave to the south.

Finally, she murmured back, spoke of riches in a cave to the south. Satisfied, the imp left the camp, and journeyed further north, distancing himself from the bandits, and from his former master.

For two hundred years, he wandered from place to place, town to town, using his magicks to keep himself hidden from the average citizen. Most saw a child with an awkward gait, wandering about, asking for jobs. Those few who saw through it were often of a mind to make use of a creature such as himself, and would take him on as a contracted mage, to take care of whatever business they needed done. Those who attempted to make trouble for the imp were shunned by their neighbors for being so ill-mannered as to call a child with trouble walking something as horrible as a daedra.

And so the imp, bound to Tamriel, made a living as a traveling mage, known to few, but legendary among those who did. Even the infamous Oblivion Crisis did little to hamper his business, what with his ability to conceal himself so strongly after years of practice.

And so the imp, bound to Tamriel, made a name in the society of mages.

The name?

Gnarl.

Skills: Exceptionally proficient with illusion, destruction, and alteration magick. Additionally, Gnarl has quite a silver tongue, from two hundred years of fooling people into believing him a child.

Inventory: A single silver dagger, recognizable only to Gnarl as something special, and a rusted belt buckle secured to his body by twine.

DropTop

Ten feathers, I'm curious as to how you'll incorporate an imp into the story it'll be interesting to see

You and Tommy Tequila are both good and kenia a spot is saved for you as well

DropTop

Ten feathers, although I do really like your character after a bit of thought I don't know how realistic of a scenario your character is. Imps are generally creatures and relatively low level at that idk if an imp could become that powerful.

Wauten Dayhil

I'll try to keep myself from double-posting anymore... heh.

Anyways, I just want to go on record and say that my writing hours will be really weird compared to a lot of people. I'm home and awake from about 1 pm to 2, and 1 am to 4-ish, Pacific. So, I likely won't be able to rapidly respond to anyone's posts in the RP unless they're posting during those times. Just so y'all know.

I wrote at odd hours too, no worries. I work nights during the week and usually post at work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Soooooo I wrote my intro post. But I have this problem where I set out to write a short intro and it turns into a short story. So it's kind of long. But it's fun and not too cumbersome. So whenever you open up the ic I'm ready :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DropTop

Awesome we'll start soon! Nothing wrong with length seems like a plan! I think our first posts should begin with everyone's arrival at the guardian stones or the events leading up to the arrival

and ten feathers I guess I would say to make another character if you don't mind

Wauten Dayhil

Guardian Stones as the meetup? Gooooot iiiiiiit.

I'll have my CC up in a bit, then.

Hope you don't mind if I use an older character that has yet to see the light of a RP... he's fun, but still fresh.

Be warned... he's kind of ridiculous. And definitely overpowered. BUT! I am quite capable of writing him out to play well with others, and I won't write him to be overpowered in the RP. He's just written that way.

Last edited:

Wauten Dayhil

Name: Wauten Dayhil

Race: Imperial

Appearance: Short-cropped black hair, handsome, hazel eyes, stubble beard, Van Helsing-esque hat (Hat), handsome. Also handsome.

Marital Status: Single

Occupation: Daedra Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire (or a bard, for you knuckle-draggers)

Traits: Witty, tiresome, too clever by less than enough, attempts to make light of all situations - usually fails.

Likes: Buxom wenches, ale, doing his job, buxom wenches, doing buxom wenches, drinking ale while doing his job, drinking ale while doing buxom wenches, doing his job while doing ale... also cabbages. But only the pretty ones.

Dislikes: Ugly cabbages.

History:

In a totally original turn of events, Wauten Dayhil's birth came about when a Daedric Prince coupled with a mortal woman.

Sanguine, in a fit of liquor-induced debauchery, convinced a young woman to sleep with him after getting her far beyond drunk. The ensuing sexual revelry was spoken of for decades afterwards, though Dayhil himself didn't hear of it until he was well into adulthood.

Long before he learned of his parentage, though, Dayhil was very much in love with the idea of slaying daedra, singing songs of his glory, and then singing songs of his glory whilst slaying more daedra. Upon learning who fathered him, though, something changed in him. Instead... he wanted to switch things up a bit by singing songs of his glory before slaying daedra, and then sing of his glory whilst slaying. This had a profound impact on his way of thinking, and helped to shape him into the famously obscure bard-with-a-bow that he has come to be.

The songs he wrote served as a precursor to Dayhil's deeds, and he trained his body to match the glory he sang of. Because of this, Dayhil was forced to grow to be a notable swordsman, master bowman, and excessively handsome. Women who once scoffed at his advances would fall to their knees before him, once he sang of their delight to be in his arms. It was all very realistic.

However, after years of watching Dayhil enjoying himself, his father had had enough. One day, on Dayhil's 56th birthday, Sanguine made an appearance. And then he left. It was all very startling.

Humbled, Dayhil took up his crossbow, and left his cozy life of wine, women, and other W's, and set out to make a new name for himself. He set out to be known not as a bard that slew daedra, but as a daedra slayer that was also a bard.

On his first day, Dayhil crashed his way into a daedra worshiper's lair. The cult's leader, caught entirely by surprise, could only utter a single phrase, "What in the hell?!" before Dayhil's arrow found his throat.

"Ah! So you know my name already! No need for introductions, then," was all Dayhil said, before he lay waste to the cult's members.

Skills: One-Handed, Archery, Speech, adept at Lockpicking

Equipment: Steel plate reinforced leather armor, steel crossbow, lock picks, lute, and a marvelous singing voice.

Speech text color....

Last edited:

DropTop

He's good to go ten feathers! If the ic thread isn't up today it will be tomorrow I'm just waiting to see if anyone else joins before we start

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts