• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

VolenKiller

The Idealist
There have been a bunch of great theories of what the next Elder Scrolls will be, but I’m here to talk about what should be in it.

slide.jpg

So to start it off, in Skyrim, the most suspenseful part was at the very beginning of the game where Alduin starts attacking Helgen. Your mind is blown. Then it's dragon after dragon and the quest line doesn't have any more spark to it. In the next TES how about something we've never seen before? Something that will blow our minds. Not Dragons, not secret daedric cults, not anything ordinary. Possibly all the provinces go to war? There should be many different endings. And it’s annoying that the main storyline is warrior based. It would be nice to see that they made an assassin, warrior, and mage way to complete main storyline quests.

The rest are some basics. Let’s start with hand to hand. Bethesda finally makes hand to hand awesome, but not a skill? The silent take downs are absolutely grimly fantastic. And you can even have a shield in one and punch in the other. Doesn’t make sense to add to something that you “took away” .

Next, in Skyrim and Oblivion, you don't get the freedom of any house being yours which is a complete disappointment. Say if that person "disappears". Then the house should be put on the market. Or it's inherited by a relative, so then the relative will disappear. And apparently if you kill some one that really likes you, in their will they give you money. So possibly if you befriend some one in the next TES, and you become a really good friend, they’ll give you their house in their will.

Now Staffs. I’ve never liked staves because they just killed and didn’t raise any skill, except for enchanting when you had to recharge it. Maybe have that in the next Elder Scrolls, but also have staves enhance your magic. Like a wand kind of, except you can still cast without staff. For instance, a staff would have effects like “Restoration spells cost 10% less”, like enchantments, but you can still cast other things through them. So it would be nice if the next Elder Scrolls contained “normal” staffs and “my” staffs. Oh, and it would be nice to see a variety of staff appearances instead of only two (besides the daedric ones) .

The Dark Brotherhood. So much to complain about on that. The Dark Brotherhood made you feel absolutely AMAZING in Oblivion. In Skyrim it's just like "ehhhh". Personally, I would also like to see in the next TES the Dark Brotherhood and the Morag Tang try to annihilate each other. Don't know who the Morag Tang are? Google them. They are from the province of Morrowind and appeared in the game by that name.

Stealthy magic. The only stealthy thing in magic is illusion. Bethesda should add magic take downs, and enable “silent” casts for destruction skills. Maybe lowering the damage rate, but still. Speaking of magic. You have ice, you have fire, you have LIGHTNING, but no earth destruction spells? Imagine the possibilities. Another disappointment is that they took away the option to create spells. There aren’t very many spells in Skyrim at ALL. They need to bring all of that back.

And the next thing: we all love Skyrim and stuff, but they made it so short that we already want DLC. Personally I would like to see them go ahead and make a meaty DLC, and then continue on to making the next Elder Scrolls for the Xbox 720 and possibly PS4.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Huh. I didn't realize that staves don't raise any of your skills. I always figured that a fireball staff, for instance, would raise your destruction skill just like using a fireball spell does. I may have to rethink my plan to have my current character primarily use Daedric staves as a weapon...

As for quiet casting, it does exist in Skyrim - there's a perk called, fittingly, Quiet Casting! It makes every spell you cast silent. The only disadvantage is that you don't get any damage bonuses for stealth-casting destruction magic, like you do with arrows, one-handed weapons, or daggers (with the appropriate perks from the Sneak tree). I'd really like to see that added in.

I agree completely with the need for more diverse spells, especially destruction spells. Fire, ice, and lightning are great, but there could also be earth, water, and air. How awesome would it be to send your enemy flying off the ground with a hurricane spell?!

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I think that they should not make another tes. they should just keep adding to skyrim. Allow u to go to morrowind. Then to high rock, and so on. Eventually after a year or so, you can eventually go to every regon of the world. and then, possibly have for the last dlc, have all countries go to war with each other, or mabe the dwemer come back and try to take over the world. And by the way, u said skyrim is to short? It took me 156 hrs. to get all achievments and all the quests that i could find. And im sure that there r more quests that i havent found yet. I have never put more than 80 hrs. into any other game. and i have been playing games for 20 years

VolenKiller

The Idealist
As for quiet casting, it does exist in Skyrim - there's a perk called, fittingly, Quiet Casting! It makes every spell you cast silent. The only disadvantage is that you don't get any damage bonuses for stealth-casting destruction magic, like you do with arrows, one-handed weapons, or daggers (with the appropriate perks from the Sneak tree). I'd really like to see that added in.
Ah I didn't know that. Should have re checked the spell skill trees! but yes like i said bonus damage and take downs. Hope you enjoyed :)

Necromatic

Epic Gamer and Glich Exploiter
I think that they should not make another tes. they should just keep adding to skyrim. Allow u to go to morrowind. Then to high rock, and so on. Eventually after a year or so, you can eventually go to every regon of the world. and then, possibly have for the last dlc, have all countries go to war with each other, or mabe the dwemer come back and try to take over the world. And by the way, u said skyrim is to short? It took me 156 hrs. to get all achievments and all the quests that i could find. And im sure that there r more quests that i havent found yet. I have never put more than 80 hrs. into any other game. and i have been playing games for 20 years
Same here, well not the 20 years part but putting a rediculus amount of time into the game. There is supposed to be 300 hours of gameplay on skyrim, according to bethesda, and the dlc is rumored to be adding on another 50 hours or so. But yea i've gone through all the major quest lines and gotten the acheivements and now it's kinda like, "What now?".

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I was like "what now?" also. So i quit playin and went on to mass effect 3 and another playthrew new vegas, but couldnt stop thinkin bout skyrim. What do u call it? "Hoplessly addicted" thats it. Now im just trying to find new ways to play the game. I have always been a rush in and take everyone on with dual weild for ever and on most games. So by redefining how i play(ex. just using bows or just magic) it has oppened up a hole new skyrim to me. For once im not playing a game like it a video game. Im playing like im there, experiancing it like its real. There is so much u can do. Be anyone, do anything. The only way it realy could be better is if u could experiance it with other people via internet.

Necromatic

That a good idea. My character is more of a rouge, bow and backstab type. Perhapse doing something like a battlemage could be fun. It's also fun to throw on my "God Armor" and go and slaughter the entire province, minus the unkillables.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin

SaveVsBedWet

I was like "what now?" also. So i quit playin and went on to mass effect 3 and another playthrew new vegas, but couldnt stop thinkin bout skyrim. What do u call it? "Hoplessly addicted" thats it. Now im just trying to find new ways to play the game. I have always been a rush in and take everyone on with dual weild for ever and on most games. So by redefining how i play(ex. just using bows or just magic) it has oppened up a hole new skyrim to me. For once im not playing a game like it a video game. Im playing like im there, experiancing it like its real. There is so much u can do. Be anyone, do anything. The only way it realy could be better is if u could experiance it with other people via internet.

After playing nonstop since its debut, I pretty much knew the only thing that would pause my Skyrim play would be Mass Effect 3 (or computer theft).

Now after I have already lost interest in ME3 after one week because it was written to essentially make the whole 6 year journey to it pointless, and because the single player experience is in fact tied to participation the multiplayer game despite their assurances that it wouldn't be, I am back on Skyrim, and still have tons of things to do. I can't believe I've had this game for going on 5 months, played constantly, finished the main quest a month ago at least, and still have every guild questline to look forward to plus who knows how many random quests and wars out in the wilds of Skyrim. What a game. Between Bethesda DLC and the modding communities it could go on forever. Although I would really love it if they would tie the provinces together again so we could move freely through Tamriel from Skyrim.

I would like to be able to hire people to make custom armor and weapons, as an alternative to learning Smithing and Enchantment.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I realy wish o could smith arrows. especially at a low lvl. They r so expensive. Especially when with my newest class, i dont smith, alchemy or enchant. All my income comes from looting and jobs. Slow going, especially when i buy all my armor and weapons. Just would b nice to be able to afford more than 30-40 arrows other than iron.

To me the most important changes should be related to quests. Add more moral choices. Let the player gain a real reputation that has consequences. Provide a balance of good vs. evil choices.
Agree 100% This would add so much more depth and intrigue to the game for me.

Necromatic

To me the most important changes should be related to quests. Add more moral choices. Let the player gain a real reputation that has consequences. Provide a balance of good vs. evil choices.
With this have it to where the npcs start to either fear you if your evil or admire and love you if your good.

schatten1220

or maybe add physical changes for your alignment like fable,but not so dramatic.sorta like infamous and mass effect 2. nice ppl look nice and clean and human while evil ppl start looking a little pale and fugly and falmer-ish XD...well maybe not falmer but definately nasty looking and maybe extremem morphing like fable during kill cinematics!(sorry i love fable 3 almost as much as skyrim and kingdoms of amalur)

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
One word.
Karma. They need Karma like in the Fallout games.

Necromatic

or maybe add physical changes for your alignment like fable,but not so dramatic...well maybe not falmer but definately nasty looking and maybe extremem morphing like fable during kill cinematics!(sorry i love fable 3 almost as much as skyrim and kingdoms of amalur)
I totaly agree. There are several Fable 3 thing's i'd like incorperated into skyrim. The dispostion for example, the ability to "hook up" with some one and having your own kid and not have to adopt one, and most of all a dog companion. I've only seen one dog companion you could buy and he wasn't even yours, it's like you rent it.

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
other animals to ride, other than horses. (Not meaning dragons)
and Animal companions!

You should always have the choice of adding a quest to your list or not, and remove ones that don't interest you. I find it annoying to randomly bump into someone and find a new quest has been added, sometimes without actively interacting with them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts