• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Shadowmere, I love that horse, even the sex changing ability is amazing. First female then male.

Star Gazer

I'm guessing that at the end of your post Shadowmere lets you ride him?
As on oblivion shadowmere is female, but on Skyrim male :p
oh. Yeah, I was wondering if I should let Cicero kill both of the guys, or have The Jester help him.

Star Gazer

the guys that chased Cicero. Like in the actual DB storyline, where the dragonborn and the werewolf guy chase him... nevermind.

Star Gazer

"All things truly wicked start from innocence." -Ernest Hemingway
Chapter 9: Life's Greatest Illusion
__________/1\__________
The Jester found a blotch of blood on the ground. Thinking it was Cicero's, he followed the red trail to a fallen man. It was the hairy man from the sanctuary. He stood straight, unsheathing his battle-axe. He swung it down on The Jester, but the man was too agile for this heavy adversary. Before the man could ready his axe for another strike, his throat was already slit. The door to the sanctuary was ajar, hinting that someone had been here before. He walked in, and made his way down the steps. He found the sanctuary to be relatively empty, aside from a troll carcass in a room of ice. He again followed the blood, reaching a long corridor. At the end was a door, hanging open. Inside, Cicero was laying on the floor, unmoving. He was in a fetal position with a large man with the iron-horn helmet standing above him with a sword. "Tell me liar, what is life's greatest illusion?" Cicero asked, lying on the floor. He almost grinned when he saw The Jester. "There is only one cure for your madness Cicero, and that's me." The man said, raising his sword, ready to bring it down into the clown.
__________/2\__________
The Jester stood, and watched as Cicero silently snuck a dagger out of his tunic, sliced both of his legs, and arose. The "dragon born" was on his knees. "innocence, my brother." He said as he plunged the dagger into the man's belly. The nord silently understood as his torso gushed blood. The Jester came into the Dragon-born's view. "The traitorous Dark Brotherhood is dead. Along with the blatant disrespect it caused. But since you've made it so far, I can do nothing but applaud. Although you certainly did not succeed, I will not let myself be taken by greed. And since a liar is all I see, if you can live, you'll be free. Cicero kicked him in the face, and they both left the nord in his blood. "Thought I'd have lost you." "Don't worry. I'm fine. Did you take care of everyone in the sanctuary?" "Yes, but I left the argonian badly injured." "Maybe there never will be a listener." Cicero said, sadly.
__________/3\__________
The two men made haste to retrieve the Night Mother's coffin, "I feel strange. Many years of my life, I have defended the mother, but it seems this is a dead-end. The Dark Brotherhood is nothing without a listener. After we sneakily... slice Ulfric, I would ask that you help me find new members of the Dark Family." Cicero said slowly. "I see you've been acquainted to Astrid's horse, Shadowmere." "Yes. Now... to Windhelm!" Said The Jester, snapping the reins and heading East.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
you know I bet I would find this story even more interesting if I had done the dark brotherhood quests. Even without going through them I have found this story quite fun :D

Star Gazer

you know I bet I would find this story even more interesting if I had done the dark brotherhood quests. Even without going through them I have found this story quite fun :D
be sure to do it sometime. I went along with the story pretty well (apart from the entire brotherhood dying, including the Dovakhin, but other than that, it pretty much matches the game pretty well.)

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
be sure to do it sometime. I went along with the story pretty well (apart from the entire brotherhood dying, including the Dovakhin, but other than that, it pretty much matches the game pretty well.)

yea I've always meant to, as its the only part of the game I haven't got around to playing, but I tend to play mostly good charecters so it kinda goes against the grain...

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
If only there was a creepy rating, I supose funny shall have to sufice :)

~Lady Dovakiin

Hopelessly addicted to Skyrim... <3
I like it so far! Great work.

Star Gazer

"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain
Chapter 10: The Disease
__________/1\__________
They rode on a winding mountain path, covered in new snow. They approached a group of three men, wearing dark hoods over their heads, so that their faces were covered, but eyes were barely visible. Their eyes weren't shiny and clear, but dark orange with a film over them. Evil seemed to be in the air, and danger eminent. Cicero and The Jester hopped off of Shadowmere. The horse seemed to sink into the ground, turning into a shadow of a horse, galloping back down the path they just came. The men unsheathed their swords. "Please please, let us by. Or my knife to your neck, I shall apply." The Jester rhymed.​
__________/2\__________
One of the men charged, seeming to be the smallest. Cicero stabbed him deep in the stomach before he could reach his target. The two others ran, swords flailing in the air. One cast a red beam of magic from his hand while thrusting his sword with the other. The red beam attached to Cicero, making him noticeably weaker. He fell to one knee, as the other prepared to stab him. The Jester charged unexpectedly at the man, stabbing his new dagger into the side of the man's leg, through the fabric, skin, and muscle. The last ran at The Jester and his weakened friend, but took a boot to the face. Cicero was now laying on the floor, squirming in pain. The Jester took him and threw him over his shoulder, taking him to a nearby cave and setting him on the ground. The three men took each-other in their arms, all of them were injured, one seriously wounded, and hobbled away.​
__________/3\__________
Sickly noises escaped from Cicero's mouth while he slept, passed out. Nothing else happened that day, other from Cicero screaming himself awake, only to fall asleep again. The next day was even worse. They were very close to Windhelm, but Cicero was going nowhere in this condition. When the sun rose, the man seemed to burn in the heat. The Jester did everything he could to make the sickness drown out, but to no avail, the sickness only got worse the third day. The Jester was torn from sleep as Cicero screamed a long scream and jumped at The Jester. The clown dug his teeth into the other's neck, sending pain flowing through his entire body. Cicero would not unclench his jaw, choking The Jester. Finally, instinct kicked in when The Jester drew his blade and drove it into Cicero's stomach. The clown fell to his back, grabbing at his abdomen. "Sorry, brother. I know that isn't you in there." He said, finishing the clown with a swipe. The bite on his neck stung, and he was sent into a cold sweat.​
__________/4\__________
He made his way to Windhelm in a daze, stumbling over every step. He pushed the large double-doors of the town open, and stumbled to Palace of the Kings, leaving snowy footprints on the red/gold carpet of the large room. A guard put a hand on his chest, as if to stop him. The next moment, the guard found that hand gone, his head falling to the floor shortly after. Another charged, but found a needle in his forehead. The sick feeling had turned to hot, uncontrolled anger. Screaming, the Jester sliced at everyone who came close, guards falling with every swipe. Immense power coursed through his body. He didn't even think to turn invisible when a large man approached with a long war-hammer. He swung down at the Jester, but missed by a hair. The Jester swiped at the man, hitting his armor. The pommel of his weapon struck The Jester in the face, knocking him to the ground. He let out a growl, standing. He dodged around the war-hammer, and struck his dagger through the plate-armor he was wearing. He then felt a sharp pain in the back of his head, and fell to the floor. He was punched in the back of the head by a guard with heavy gauntlets, and dragged to the dungeon.​
__________/5\__________
He was thrown in the darkest cell, and not fed for days. His anger only grew, but had no way of releasing it, other than punching at the stone wall behind his cell. By the third day, the wall was broken down considerably, and The Jester's sanity was completely drained. He felt himself leave his body. He was now looking at himself in third person, the body still moving without a soul inside. He woke up in a meadow, flowers poking up out of the ground in full-bloom. He was dressed again, with all of his equipment with him. A purple and black portal opened, and out came an orc, clad in an unknown armor, and dual wielding swords of the same material.​
__________/6\__________
"In the dungeon, I was not fell fed. It seems I died, but am I really dead?" The Jester asked the man. He seemed to have red eyes, filled with blood. "I am the champion of Molag-Bal. I am death itself. You are not dead, but I am here to send you to your rightful place, Coldharbour. Worry not, your body is filled with the soul of Molag Bal's minions. This is usually what happens when you are afflicted. We speak too much, take my hand and be taken." "Champion you are? That's quite bizarre. Inform me of why I should come with you. My illness could have been a mild flu!" The Jester joked, making it obvious that he wouldn't be taken to the afterlife without a fight. He grinned as he saw the orc snarl, an inhuman sound bellowing from his lungs. "Why can't we just be friends, what did you say your name was, again?" "Call me Death. I was tasked with bringing men to the afterlife by Molag-Bal himself! I was rewarded with legendary fighting skill. This is my arena, an open plane, given to me by the daedric princes." "Well, an arena eh? A fight to the death I present to you, today!" Again, the orc seemed to be filled with rage, angry that The Jester spoke as if he had arrived by choice. "You are a fool. We fight. We fight like men. None of that magical bullplops like you usually pull on your enemies. I've observed your fighting style with great understanding. You are a coward and afraid of death. Your fighting reminds me of a woman's, only attacking when the time is right." "If that is how women fight, they are obviously doing something right!" "Peyton of Solitude, you have killed many, a filthy murderer. I'm here to put you to an end!" He yelled. The Jester was surprised to hear his actual name said. It had been many years since he was addressed as anything other than The Jester. The orc yelled, charging the clown.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
oooh, the Jesters true name is reavealed!

~Lady Dovakiin

Hopelessly addicted to Skyrim... <3
You're welcome. I'm a big fan of cicero too. ;)

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
no, I think it fits with the Jesters whole crazyness. This wierd disease and the whole confronting death thing may contribute more towards his insanity :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts