Private The invasion of the Damned

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Cyrus smirked at the Jester's answer. He clearly was beyond reason, Cyrus' previous statement was probably the nicest, most diplomatic sentence that the Jester was going to be receiving. If the fool was threatening to amputate Cyrus' leg, then he obviously had some kind of weapon on him, one that needed to be taken off of him.

"Jaygue, guard the door" Cyrus ordered the Breton as he opened the cell door with his key. He walked over to the Jester, leant down and picked him up to his feet by the scruff of his ludicrously coloured collar, he dragged the fool over to the far wall, and turned him around, so the crazed smile of the fool was against the wall. Holding him to the stone with one hand, searched the Jester's person, removing his stick and a unsubtly coloured blue and red ebony dagger, and the rest of his possessions from him, including lockpicks and provisions

He stepped away and released the fool, and headed back out of the cell door, closing and locking it behind him. "If you want these back, and your freedom, you're going to have to play nice from now on. Now, why exactly are you here? This guild hasn't been going long enough to make enemies, and you're certainly not undead, not with your... eccentric behaviour."

Star Gazer

"You think I'm a quack, but may I have my lute back? It was from my mother, it is not like any other!" He said, reaching through the bars of the cage. "I know it seems like it would be gambling, like rolling dice, but if I got my stuff back it would be quite nice. If I do not get my lute back, I will be forced to sing, but it's not so bad, I sang in the presence of a king!" He said, referring to his time in the High-King's Court. "If you want these back, and your freedom, you're going to have to play nice from now on. Now, why exactly are you here? This guild hasn't been going long enough to make enemies, and you're certainly not undead, not with your... eccentric behavior." "Why am I here? I could have disappeared! Maybe there is something that I did overhear! Come to this cage, lend me your ear. I have something for you to hear!" He said, motioning for Cyrus to come closer.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Cyrus took two steps forward, getting closer but not too close. He wasn't stupid, clowns like this often resorted to trickery. "This is as close as you're going to get me" He glared at the fool, with a no-nonsense, slightly menacing poker face. He awaited the Jester's words.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    As the Jester began to sing again, Jaygues jaw clenched. He was about to leave the dungeon, letting the Jester rot in his cell for the night, when Cyrus appeared. Somewhat relieved by the lesser masters arrival, Jaygue stepped back dimming the flames in his hand, allowing him to take over the interrogation.

As Cyrus took the Jester out of the cell and started patting him down, Jaygue frowned, cursing himself under his breath as Cyrus confiscated an ebony dagger and several lockpicks. How could he have been so careless as to forget to search the crazed man? Mabye it was the Jesters Rhymeing, it got into his head and clouded his thoughts.

When the Jester told Cyrus he had something to say Jaygue came a little closer, somewhat annoyed that the fool only now told them of his purpose.

Minecat24

One of Many
    Midarha entered the brotherhood's shared room. There, she spotted Ambrosia, who was deeply invested in the book she was reading. Midartha wasn't one for books- very few were interesting enough to be worthy of her eyes. She approached, and sat on the bed next to Ambrosia's.
    "Hello lovely, how fares thee?" she said in a mock tone, dramaticly pretending to bow. She brought her legs up in a crosslegged position despite her dress; she had little use for the mannerisms of ladies.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Geran eyes shot open, he could here the annoying Jester singing in the Dungeon, and like any man this annoyed him quite alot.
    He quickly put on his leather armor and hood, then un-locking his door and opening it quietly so other guild members would not awake.
    Geran stormed down the hall, as the singing of the Jester irritated Geran even more, luckily the nice lighting and the cold breeze from outside was calming him, he prefered the even lighting, not to bright nor dark. Perhaps because of his time spent in dungeons during contracts and his bandits days.
    And like any Nord of Skyrim the cold air was nice and refreshing.

Eventually Geran reached the dungeon, opening the door he took the whip that usually Jaygue would use and held it in his right hand.
    He walked towards Jaygue to only notice that Cyrus was also their, perhaps awoken by the fool.
    Unfortunately for both Jaygue, Cyrus and the annoying Jester Geran was rather annoyed about being disturbed. He had hoped bow now the Jester was dealt with, either by the sting of a whip or the cut of a sword, for Geran it did not matter.
    The dungeon was cold and damp, a area Geran had always hated, but was getting used to it due to the amount of time spent down here dealing with prisoners.

He walked up to Jaygue, as Geran approached both Jaygue and Cyrus caught quickly the fact of Geran's anger and saluted him instantly.
    Geran then began to speak to Jaygue facing him glaring into his eyes ''What is the meaning for this stupid Jester singing? I was asleep, warm and in the land of dreams to be awoken by this petty fool. Are you lossing your touch for torture!'' Geran's facial expressions showed his anger.
    He then approached the Jester ''You will have you freedom if you fluffing shut up and listen! All you need do is tell me, right here right now your meaning for being here. And then you shall have your freedom, now speak.''
    Geran's grip of the whip tightened, if need be he would resort to torture, though on such a madman it would not work, it would give Geran some pleasure knowing the Jester is in pain.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Jaygue looked at Geran, suprised at his outburst. He was usually a very calm and controlled man. Using a formal tone that he very often didn't use, Jaygue replied to Geran, looking calmly into his tense face, "Lord Geran, Cyrus was about to hear the Jester out on what he had come here for. I had warned him about the singing, but he seems to think it.... entertaining." Jaygue glared at the Jester, making it clear that he did not agree with the statement.

Mini Mongo

Geran quickly gained his senses back, he was back to his calm self losing his glare and standing in a more toned posture.
    He then looked at Cyrus and the Jester, both staring at Geran but quickly turned around once Geran glared at them clearly not impressed by their staring.
    He looked over the Jester, he was a crazy man, clearly been in a cardboard box abit to long.
    ''Then speak Jester, for we all wish to sleep. And as I can imagine you wish to be freed from such an animals cage. Jaygue keep your wit about you when we release him........if we release him.''
    Geran tone was spoke more softly this time, claerly Jaygue was suprised by his outbreak.
    But like Cyrus knew, Geran could be very harsh at times, but kept his calm most of the time.

Star Gazer

The guild-came into the room, yelling harshly at each one of them. He threatened with the whip, but it had no effect on the Jester. "If you would like me to go mute, I will need one thing... my lute!" He said. He was delighted to see that he enraged the guild-master with his rhymes and riddles. He held out a hand, reaching for the lute that Cyrus was holding.

lbrasz44

After the fight, Thorral realized that the sun has set and it is about time to get some sleep. Apparantly there will an assignment for him and his fellow witchers that will be starting tommorow. What it was Thorral did not know yet, but it will involve the undead. Returning to his room, Thorral began to prepare to sleep.

The guild's main headquarters did not only provide him with some fancy clothes, but it provided him a warm bed that was not made of stone, and a clean room that isn't rotting on the walls and doesn't smell dirty due to any previous people sleeping in it. So began a restful sleep for Thorral, even if it was just for an hour or two.

Throughout his life, the dreams would always be there every night. The ones that he used to fuel his disdain for the undead. Draugr coming into the room surrounding him. Suffocating. Overwhelming. Their eyes that emits the ghostly blue light staring at him in the face while grabbing his throat, squeezing tighter by the minute while the other undead holds him back, refusing to let him resist. The dreams didn't scare at all now like it did when he was a child. Thorral became used to it. But the dreams still somewhat bothered him, giving him insomnia. Thorral grew tired if these dreams, he wished they would just go away to give him at least one night of peaceful sleep. When something doesn't scare a person anymore, this something will only turn to just pissing this person off. Only through living to destroy the very thing that haunts will be the only solution to situation like this. It will be the one thing to do to give himself inner peace and move on in life.

Thorral thought about when Geran approached him in the woods, saying he heard about his skills and so offered him a chance on becoming a witcher in this brotherhood. How could Thorral refuse? A chance to rid of these nighmares and the inbominations that dwelled within the dream world and the real world? An opportunity like this doesn't happen by chance; it was more of a gift than anything else.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    "If you would like me to go mute, I will need one thing... my lute!" A grimy, outstretched hand beckoned Cyrus to return the lute to the madman. Cyrus ignored the gesture.

"We don't want you to go mute, we want you to talk. No explanation for your appearance here, no lute." Cyrus was smiling, he was pleased that the Jester was stressing over the loss of his instrument. It seemed to be his bargaining chip for getting the crazed fool to talk.

Star Gazer

"We don't want you to go mute, we want you to talk. No explanation for your appearance here, no lute." The Jester fell back to the corner of the cell. He found a tiny white mouse that had made it's home within arm's length of his cell. "Perfect... Fine, leave me then! Leave me to myself again! If you keep me in this cell, late at night you'll hear my bells! Once you close your eyes to sleep, into your room I will creep! And when and if you awake, your fingers, arms, and toes will break! If you want me to obey, you will give me my lute today!" He sang, trying to wake everyone in the building.

MissingOne123

whats this
    Ambrosia had been lying awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. She silently cursed the Jester and his terrible singing, waking her up in the dead of night. Then the loud voices of the other guild members filled her ears. Rolling over with frustration, she pressed her face into the thin pillow, like that just might drown out their voices.

Sighing, she sat up and and leaned over, pulling her book out from beneath the bed. If she couldn't sleep, she might as well do something productive. Using the flames at the end of her finger tips, she lit the wick of the half-melted stub of wax at her bedside, illuminating the large room in a dull, pale light.

Opening her book, she hunched over and resumed reading. She had barely noticed when Midarha had walked in and sat down on the bed beside her. It was fine with her- The woman could sleep wherever she pleased. That is, until she attempted to speak with her.

Lifting her head, Ambrosia turned to look at th
    e Argonian, her lips turned down in a scowl. "Was there something you needed?"

lbrasz44

The insomnia is starting to take over again. "Ahhh son of a bitch." Grumbled Thorral, in an angry tone. Having enough, he got up from bed and began to walk in the halls of the building. But then he hears yelling down in the dungeon, most likely the jester annoying the other guild members. Making his way down to the dungeon he exclaims angrily, "What the hell is going on here?"

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    "What the hell is going on in here?"

Thorral, a huge Nord who had recently joined the Brotherhood, had appeared, most likely disturbed by the noise the Jester was making with his tunes, judging by the irritation in his voice.

"Nothing, go back to your room, we'll be done here soon"
    A unintentional spitefulness accompanied his voice, one that he hadn't heard himself speak before. Perhaps his words were more cold than he meant them, it didn't matter. Everyone in the guild knew how light-hearted and easy-going he was, and most knew that if he became serious or aggravated, then he wasn't to be further annoyed.

Looking back to the Jester, he glared into his eyes. He then sighed, beginning to grow tired of the fool's empty threats and unwillingness to co-operate, but he showed no signs of frustration. He was a patient man, more so that Geran and Jaygue, he could be seen as the good cop among the two bad ones, and he thought that the Jester would be more willing to speak to hie reasoning than Jaygue's intimidation, or Geran's ferocity. Not the case, it seems.

"Fair enough."

Cyrus walked over to one of the torches burning bright with flame, lute in hand, and turned to face the Jester. He held the lute over the blaze, dancing in activity. "You have five seconds to tell us why you are here, or your beloved instrument is burned to ash", Cyrus stated in a cold, emotionless voice.

"Five..... four..... three.... two..."

Star Gazer

"Nothing, go back to your room, we'll be done here soon" He said, while The Jester took a sheet of yellow paper from his tunic. He placed it on the ground behind him. "Fair enough." He said, as The Jester took the white mouse he had found before, and tied a bell to it. "You have five seconds to tell us why you are here, or your beloved instrument is burned to ash" He said, as The Jester flicked the mouse upside the head and watched it scurry down to the other side of the room. "Five..... four..... three.... two..." Down he counted. The mouse made much noise, ringing the bell as he ran. The Jester screamed, pointing at the mouse. Everyone turned to see what was making the noise, but when they turned back, the Jester was gone. The only thing in the cell was a piece of yellow parchment. The sheet was folded, and must have been a note.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    A small white mouse ran across the floor of the dungeon, it had a bell jingling from its neck. The Jester screamed and everyone turned their heads to look at the small animal. When the group turned to look back at the fool, he was no longer in the cell.

"Hmph."
    Cyrus dropped the lute into the flame, it wasn't long before it was ash. Cyrus looked to Geran for orders of what they should do. He was probably going to give them in extreme rage.

Mini Mongo

Geran turned to see a guild member walking into the dungeon rather angry, Cyrus quickly dismissed him before Geran even had a chance.
    It was rather annoying since Geran wanted the member to fetch his weapons but it did not matter.
    Geran then smiled at the Jesters attempt of seemingly disappearing, but it was obvious he merely turned invisible from a spell of Illusion.
    Geran saw within the cage a note, and wanted to check it out, even though he knew the Jester was inside.
    ''Look jester I'm no fool I know your in their, Cazzer open the gates. Quickly!''

Gerans voice was rather raised and Cyrus quickly ran to open the gate, Geran knew he was going to be in for a surprise by the Jester.
    Probably use him as a barganing chip, but his poor lute was gone so Geran kept a smile on his face.
    Geran then walked into the small damp cage, walking to the yellow parchment and picking it up, un-folding it to see what it said.

Star Gazer

Leaving the door open, Geran opened the parchment. There was a small picture of a colorful man holding a staff, grinning from ear to ear. The Jester walked behind Geran and out the open cage. He noticed Cyrus blocking his way out, but felt he could make his way through. He grabbed his belongings, slipped past Cyrus, and ran down the halls, letting his bells jingle so the group could follow him. He sat down at the dining table casually, gnawing on a chicken leg while waiting for the group.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Cyrus obliged to Geran's command and opened the cell. Geran went inside and picked up the note, while Cyrus turned and grabbed a mug of water lying on the table behind him. He was thirsty, the tense situation causing his mouth to water. The slightly warm liquid was gulped down, it wasn't the nicest taste, but it cured Cyrus' thirst.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts