The Idus of Mars: A Skyrim story

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Pompey

Supporter of the fourth Legion
Hello, if you are intrested in my fanfic story, please notice the following:

- Maybe there are spoilers, I don't know, the story has to unfold.

- I am no native english speaker, if you encounter a mistake, something that can better ... in one of my writings, contact me via PM.
- Please rate my chapters, so I can see if you like it.
- This is about Caesar, I left on purpose some things out like his epilepsy, the Nicomedes incident. (only rumors) -> If you want to know more about Caesar, read his books, Caesar by Adrian Goldsworthy, and Wikipedia.
- Caesar was known for his good condition and resistance against diseases, so don't be suprised as he fights like a young man. He had also lots of charisma, he could easily rally the soldiers to charge once again in battle.

I hope that you enjoy my writing.

Chapter 1: Awakening
(Note: Kudos to everyone that guesses where Julius is)

Julius felt a dog licking on his face, he opened his eyes. What he saw, was unthinkable.
A day ago, Julius was in Rome. Now, he was in a simple wooden shack with a dog licking his face. When Julius stood up, he saw a man sleeping on a cot. Julius tried to wake the Gaulish looking man up. After a few seconds, Julius realized the man was dead. When he heard the growling of a bear close to the shack, he swore. Julius searched the hut for weapons and shields. He found an iron shortsword and a round shield. Julius throwed the toga he wore on the ground, because it allowed him to fight more freely. He looked now like a slave, but Julius didn’t care. When the bear charged towards Julius, he raised the small round shield and muttered: “Mars and Athena, help me.” Julius blocked the first jabs from the bear’s sharp claws and when he bashed the small shield on the wild animal’s face, it was confused. Julius used this chance to stab the bear in the neck. When the bear fell, he thanked the Gods and Julius sacrificed the animal to Mars and Athena. He searched the shack for useful things, because he wanted to get away from this place. He found a map, a backpack and a few books. Julius looked the map for the closest city in the area, Solitude. He looked at the books and saw to his relief that the books were written in Latin. Julius left the books for what they were and he putted the toga in his backpack, maybe he could use it later. Then, Julius left the shack and meanwhile he was walking, he thought about what happened a day ago. The last he could remember of Rome, was Brutus and Cassius drawing their daggers. "Brutus, that traitor, I had to listen to the augur", Julius taught bitterly. He didn’t know if he could return to his beloved city, but he was planning to make the best of his life in this world. As he was outside, Julius noticed that the world looked alike Gallia. Maybe the Gods decided to place him in this world. When he noticed the dog still followed him, Julius decided to give him a name. He said to the dog: “What about Achilles?” In response to his idea, the dog barked happily. Julius said: “Well, then it is Achilles!” And so, they departed to Solitude

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter 2: The road to Solitude

Julius walked together with Achilles to Solitude. When Julius saw an open place, he also saw an encampment with soldiers training and guarding the place. As Julius had no idea how long it was walking to Solitude, he decided to ask one of the guards. Before Julius could ask something, the blue-armored guard yelled: “Attack him, it’s Tullius!” When Julius saw the man drawing a huge axe, he understood the man was up to no good. Julius raised his small shield to block the first blows of the axe, almost being hit. Then, he stabbed the man with his short, but sharp sword. When the man fell, he ran towards the city of Solitude. “Achilles, follow me!” Julius shouted. The soldiers that followed him, taunted him with the following words: “Imperial milkdrinker, a pox on the Empire!”

As Julius didn’t knew what an Imperial was and he taught that drinking milk was healthy, he just stayed running towards Solitude. When he reached the road, they stopped following him, but while he was running, an archer hit him. He swore of pain, but Julius stayed running. When he reached the entrance of Solitude, he pulled the arrow out his shoulder. Then, he cutted a piece of cloth from his toga and Julius wrapped the provisional bandage around his shoulder. Because Julius had noticed the flag of a bear on the enemy camp, Julius said to Achilles: “Bears don’t bring any luck today, isn’t it?” When he reached the big city, he sheathed his sword. When Julius passed one of the guards, the guard shouted: “It is General Tullius, open the gates and inform Rikke!” Julius frowned when he heard the name “Tullius” again. And so, Julius and Achilles entered Solitude together.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter 3: Solitude

When Julius and Achilles entered Solitude, Julius saw a heavy armored woman running up to him. “Armored? Woman?” Julius taught. In Rome, he never had seen a woman in armor. She looked worried. “General Tullius, I heard about Helgen. Are you wounded?” she asked and also handed a red bottle over. Julius looked confused at the bottle. He didn’t knew what it was. The woman said: “What’s the problem? Just drink it, it will heal your wound.” Julius drunk the red bottle out, feeling in an instant a lot better. When Julius tried to say something, the entrance of Solitude opened. A man stepped in and the woman looked confused at him and the other man. Julius saw the man and realized this must been General Tullius, because he looked exactly the same as Julius. Tullius looked at him, confused too. Then he said to the woman: “Legate Rikke, you weren’t probably discussing sensitive intelligence with this stranger?” Rikke said: “Excuse me, but who is the real one?” Julius said to Rikke: “My name is Gaius Julius Caesar, not General Tullius, I wanted to say it all the time.” Tullius said: “Well, then this is solved, you there, follow me to Castle Dour” Julius called Achilles over to follow him. The two men, Legate Rikke and Achilles walked to Castle Dour.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter 4: The Talos Mistake
(note:This chapter is a short one, but a long will follow)

Meanwhile Rikke asked Tullius about what happened when he was in Helgen. Tullius telled the epic tale to Julius and Rikke: “We were about to execute Ulfric Stormcloak when a damned dragon burned the whole city” Rikke asked: “A dragon? I taught they were already dead for a long time, since the reign of the emperors after Tal-, excuse me, Tiber Septim”

“Legate, watch your words!” Tullius hissed, slightly upset. “Who is Tiber Septim? I only know a river close to Rome that’s called the Tiber” asked Julius. General Tullius answered his ask with a sharply “Later.”

Then, they entered Castle Dour

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter 5: Castle Dour

When they entered Castle Dour, General Tullius dismissed the guards and other legates. He said: “I think we need to properly present each other. My name is Marcus Tullius, General of the 4th legion and military governor of Skyrim. I am from Cyrodiil. Who are you?” Julius answered: “My name is Gaius Julius Caesar, but you can call me Julius. I am from the great city of Rome, the center of the Roman imperium. ” Rikke presented herself too and asked: “Can you tell me more about Rome?”

Julius started to explain: “Rome lies close to a river, the Tiber and the city is founded by Romulus. I think Rome lies in another world. The city is really big.” “How did you end up here?” asked Tullius. Julius responded with: “I just awoke in a wooden shack, with Achilles licking my face. A few hours before, the brothers Casca, Marcus Junius Brutus, Cassius and others tried to stab me to death.” Rikke asked him why they wanted to kill him. Tullius responded quickly with: “Rikke! That isn’t our business.”

Then, Tullius began to explain: “Okay, you wanted to know who Tiber Septim was, isn’t it? Tiber Septim was known by General Talos or Hjalti Early-Beard, the first who conquered all of Tamriel. Now, He is worshipped by Nords, Imperials and maybe Redguards. Roughly 25 years ago, there was the Great War between the Empire and The Aldmeri dominon. I and Rikke fought against the Thalmor. The Empire lost. For peace, The Emperor needed to sign a treaty. That treaty is known by the White-Gold Concordat, which favors the Thalmor too much if you ask me. In the treaty stands that Talos worship is outlawed. The Nords, especially Ulfric Stormcloak, are angry because they cannot worship Talos in publicly or they are taken by the Thalmor. Now, The Emperor, Titus Mede II has asked me to put this little rebellion down.” Julius said: “I understand. Can I join the Legion? I can still fight fairly well, but I am probably more of use when I can command soldiers” Rikke asked curiously: “Why do you want to join the Legion?” Julius said: “When I walked to Solitude, I wanted to ask the Stormcloaks how far it still was. They mistook me for General Tullius, and chased me all the way to here. Plus, one of them shot an arrow in my shoulder.” Rikke chuckled. “I understand”, she said. General Tullius said: “I can always use some help, but to join, you have to swear the oath. Repeat after me: Upon my honor, I do swear undying loyalty to the Emperor, Titus Mede the second and unwavering obedience to the officers of his great Empire. May those above, judge me and those below, take me if I fail in my duty. Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!”

Julius repeated the oath effortless. Tullius told him the following: “You are now a Tribune or Captain. Go get some armor at Beirand, the blacksmith outside.” Tullius also handed him a note with the kind of armor. Julius asked him the following: “I am used to Roman equipment, can I ask Beirand to forge a special shield for me? It will have the symbol of the legion on it if you want.”

Tullius nodded, and started to discuss some strategies with Rikke. Julius walked outside with Achilles.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter 6: Exploring the city

Julius walked outside and searched for Beirand. When he saw the smith, he walked up to Beirand and handed him the note. Julius also asked the man for a special shield. Julius showed him on a piece of parchment the rectangular shield. Beirand asked him to return tomorrow for the shield and he received his Tribune’s armor. While Julius was outside, General Tullius and Legate Rikke were discussing something. Rikke said: “Why did you appoint Julius immediate to Tribune?” Tullius quickly responded: “Did you notice his way of speaking and his comprehension of military cases? He’s used to this things and I always can use some help” “Maybe you are right, but do you believe that he comes from Rome?” said Rikke. “Hmm… I do believe him, Julius looks just like me and someone must have noticed it. Besides, the fact is that he knows so much about his city” Tullius said. Legate Rikke said unintentionally: “I’d have to admit, Julius is pretty handsome” General Tullius chuckled. He said: “Thank you.” When Rikke realized what she said, she blushed and walked outside. Tullius was still grinning when Julius entered Castle Dour again. “What’s so funny?” asked Julius. “Oh, nothing. Only Rikke that finds you handsome. I know now what she thinks about me. ” he said. Julius laughed. “I was wondering where I could sleep” he said. “You can find the guard barracks there, the legionnaires and the guards sleep there. By the way, you are dismissed for the rest of the day. Oh, here are some books about Tamriel and his history. You will need it.” Tullius responded. Julius also asked the General when he received his pay and how much it was. Tullius told him that he received each month 1300 Septims as Tribune. Because he didn’t have anything at the moment, he asked Tullius to give him his money at the beginning of the month. Tullius agreed and Julius also asked him if he could train a group of 20 legionnaires because he was allowed to command a small amount of legionnaires. Tullius asked him how long it would take and how much it would cost. Julius said: “With a bit of luck, they are battle-ready over a week. I only need 20 rectangular shields like I asked Beirand one and the soldiers need already experience with battle. The Stormcloaks are pretty fond of arrows, isn’t it? It will protect them from those pesky things. I will turn those men into precise killing machines for almost no money. Your Emperor will be happy.” The General said: “Okay, okay, you convinced me. Go to Aldis tomorrow. He will give you the men.” Julius also asked General Tullius where he could eat. Tullius said that he could have the Captain’s meal at 6 o’ clock. Julius walked outside with Achilles, his loyal dog. Julius was planning to explore the city. He walked around, entering Radiant Raiments. Julius wanted to ask for a new toga and clean tunic. When he tried to ask something, the woman that owned the store was already calling him Tullius. “Hold on, I am not Tullius. My name is Gaius Julius Caesar” Julius said. She also asked him what he needed and to make it quick. Julius became a bit angry; no one was that impolite against him. Julius said: “Are you always that unfriendly against a captain of the Imperial Legion?” Taarie looked at him, saying him that she doesn’t have much time, she had to make a dress for Jarl Elisif the Fair. Caesar told her what he wanted: a brand new toga and tunica with a small brown belt. Taarie said on a still unfriendly tone: “What is that? I can’t make anything if I don’t know what it is.” Julius explained what it was. She said: “Tomorrow, it will be ready. It will cost 100 septims.” Julius didn’t found it cheap, but he didn’t try to lower the price. He gave the septims and received a proof of payment. When Julius left, he heard Taarie arguing with the other Altmer woman. The other woman was referencing to Julius as a pig. Julius stopped immediately and turned. He said: “Madame, you should really need some speech lessons. If people hear that you called the dictator of Rome a pig, it might have an unpleasant result.” Then, Julius and Achilles walked outside. When he was outside, he laughed and he stepped towards the guard barracks. When he entered, it was 6 hours. He took his meal and walked to a free bed. He sat down and removed his armor. Julius lied down for a while, thinking about what happened this day. It wasn’t a dream, for that, the arrow hurted too much. He knew he would probably never see Rome again. If he could, in the meantime, he would make the best of his life in Tamriel. Then, he took a roll of parchment, a bit of ink and a quill. He holded it close to him, because it was one of the things he took from Rome with him to Skyrim. Julius began to write something on the parchment. He wrote the following: “This will describe what happened with Gaius Julius Caesar before he arrived in Skyrim. Caesar is born on the 12th of July; He is the son of Gaius Julius Caesar Strabo and Aurelia Cotta. After many years of war, I became the dictator of my beloved city, called Rome. When Caesar was around 18 years old, He was caught by pirates while traveling to Rhodos. Caesar demanded 50 talents instead of 20 talents as ransom. When Cornelius Sulla became Dictator, Caesar had to flee from Rome. He became later a military staff member of the Roman delegation in Bithynia. ” Julius was happy with what he wrote. He planned to write every day a bit. Julius looked at the books General Tullius gave him. The first book was a series about the history of the Tamrielic Empire, the next one was about the Great War between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominon, the third called “The Oblivion Crisis”, and the last one was “The holds of Skyrim” Julius decided to read the last one. It learnt him more about Skyrim, and the military usefulness of the cities. Julius took his map, and noticed that Falkreath isn’t described in the book. He put his stuff away and wished Achilles good night. Then he fell asleep.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter 7: Training of the Wolves.

When he woke up, he nearly summoned a slave, but then, he realized he wasn’t in Rome. He put his armor on, grabbed his backpack and took a quick breakfast on the way out. Together with Achilles, he walked to Beirand for his shield. When Julius arrived at Beirand, he also received the shields for his soldiers. He asked Beirand to help him carry the shields to Aldis. Beirand didn’t refuse and walked with Julius and Achilles in silence to Aldis. Julius dropped the shields on the ground, walking towards Aldis. He handed the note over to Captain Aldis and Aldis shouted for some men. The soldiers came running up, and Aldis said: “Legionnaires, this is your new Captain. He will train you” The soldiers nodded and waited for a command from Julius. “Grab a shield, legionnaires” Julius commanded. The soldiers grabbed each one of the new shields that Julius brought with him. Julius said: “We are going to train at the Sawmill, if there are enemies around, like Stormcloaks, just kill them. You are legionnaires; you know already how to fight.” The group walked outside, following Julius. When they were at the Solitude Sawmill, Julius presented himself: “Comrades, my name is Gaius Julius Caesar; I am your new Captain. I will teach you special combat techniques that will protect you against the Stormcloaks. From this day, you are my Wolves and we will bring our legion even more glory!” The men shouted happily and Julius asked if they had questions for him. One of the soldiers asked how his dog called. Julius explained him that his dog called Achilles. The soldier asked why. Julius telled him about Homeros’ Ilias, Achilles was an ancient Greek hero. Julius promised the soldiers that he would once tell the story. Another soldier asked why he looked just like General Tullius. Julius told him that he didn’t know why, but he said: “If you don’t see the difference, just say: ‘Greetings Captain.’ The one that’s angry is Tullius.” The men laughed. Another one of the legionnaires asked from where he was. Julius said: “That is a very long story, I will tell it this evening.” The men nodded and Julius began to explain what exactly he would teach them, “You will learn the Testudo and the phalanx. It will require great discipline.” The legionnaires frowned at each other, and Julius inspected the soldiers. The soldiers were mostly Gaulish men, some were Romans. Julius explained the usage of the rectangular shields, they were mostly used to protect themselves. He showed the soldiers how to hold them and corrected where needed. Then, Julius appointed places to every soldier for the Testudo. He said that they must remember their places, and they must quickly assemble when he shouted “Testudo” Julius drilled the soldiers for one hour, until they knew their places and could assemble pretty quickly. Then, Julius teached them where they must place their shields. He shouted a few orders: “First line, shields before yourselves! Other lines, shields above yourself and the man before you! Good! Now, move forward!” Julius saw that the moving was a lot harder. He shouted another order: “If you find it hard, hold the shoulder of the man before you! Move forward!” Julius clapped in his hands, because it was already better. Julius shouted: “Well done, stop for a while!” The soldiers stopped immediately and waited for another order. Julius told them that they worked good, you may pause for a while. The soldiers stayed in their ranks but they were talking. Julius talked with one of the Imperial soldiers. The man called Lucius. Lucius telled him about Cyrodiil and about the Imperial city. Julius asked him to describe the Imperial city. Lucius said: “The Imperial city is the biggest of all the cities in Cyrodiil and the center of the city is the White-Gold tower. It is ruled by the Emperor, Titus Mede II, unlike the other cities. The other cities are ruled by a Count or Countess, they are equal to a Jarl. During the events of the Oblivion Crisis, Mehrunes Dagon entered the city. Martin Septim, the last heir of the Septim throne, a priest of Akatosh sacrified himself for Tamriel. When the Thalmor attacked, they eventually took the city. Titus Mede II retook the city. That battle was called the Battle of the Red Ring. Titus II is considered as a great tacican and he splitted his army in three groups to retake the city. I did not fought in the Great War, but rumors are that the Emperor wielded Goldbrand, a legendaric weapon.” Julius asked him from where he was. Lucius responded: ”I am from the Colovian highlands, the city of Chorrol.” Julius wanted to ask something else, but he saw a small group of Stormcloaks coming. Julius shouted: “Testudo! The Stormcloaks are coming! Kill them.” The men formed quickly the Testudo. Julius shouted another order: “First line, stab the rebels with your weapons! Other lines, hold the first line. When they attack from the side, kill them!” Julius put his officers helmet on and grabbed his shield. The Stormcloaks charged wildly, but the first were already dead before they could touch a shield of the first line. Julius charged into battle, enjoying the feel of battle again. He blocked many axes and greatswords with his shield. Next to him, the attacking testudo had already killed half of the Stormcloaks. Julius shouted: “Stormcloaks, surrender or you will die!” None of the Stormcloaks surrendered and they stayed fightning. None of the legionnaires was wounded or dead. Julius encouraged the soldiers again, there was only a quarter of the Stormcloaks left. Julius killed another few of Stormcloaks, he saw that none of them fled. Julius taught by himself: “I should revise my Commentarii again, not the Belgae but the Stormcloaks are the fiercest warriors in battle.” He chuckled and fought further. Julius was almost hit by an axe, but Lucius shouted: “Behind you!” Julius turned and blocked the huge axe that tried to cut his head off. Julius stabbed the Stormcloak trough the heart and sheathed his weapon when he saw they were all dead. Julius shouted: “Comrades, today you have proven yourselves in battle! You are the name of Wolves worthy!” The soldiers made so much noise, that it could been heard in Solitude. Julius was allowed to promote soldiers under him. He spoke to Lucius, and he said: “Lucius, you have saved my life. I am in debt to you forever. You are now my Quaestor.” Lucius nodded. Julius said: “Wolves, we have trained enough today, let’s return to the city!” The men followed Julius to Solitude and they took a meal at the barracks. Julius left the men for a while to report to Tullius. He entered Castle Dour and greeted Rikke, who was back. She blushed a bit. Julius said: “General, when we were training, the Stormcloaks attacked. We didn’t lose nobody and none of the soldiers is wounded. The Stormcloacks are all dead, they were with 30. We were with 21. I consider my Wolves ready for battle. I will tomorrow train with them and then we are ready to accept any mission.” Tullius clapped in his hands and said: “Good job! Report to me tomorrow.” Julius left and returned with Achilles to his men. During the battle, Achilles had bitten the heels of the Stormcloaks. He could easily avoid the slow axes of the Stormcloaks. He entered Radiant Raiments for his clothes and walked further to the barracks. When Julius arrived at the barracks, the men cheered for him. Julius sat down and telled them how he ended up in Skyrim. When Julius told them how he won the battle for Alesia, the men looked at him in awe. Julius fell quickly asleep, because he was very tired of the battle today.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter 8: Dragonborn and Korvanjund

The next day, Julius woke up from a nightmare about Brutus. He put his armor on and putted his other stuff in his personal chest away. He took a fast breakfast and reported for duty at Castle Dour. Tullius said: “I heard from our spies that Ulfric wonders how it comes that the Stormcloaks of the Haafingar camp are all dead. Keep up the good work!” He dismissed Julius and started to discuss Whiterun with Rikke. Julius walked toghether with the men to the sawmill. Julius shouted: “Comrades! Today, I will teach you today the phalanx! This way of fightning is used to defend a camp. Together with cavalery and courage, the phalanx brought me victory at Alesia!”
The Legionnaires cheered and waited for orders. Julius began to explain how it worked and appointed a place to every soldier. He teached them that there were mostly three lines and the first had to kill the Stormcloaks. The second and third must hold the the first line. “I don’t like to say it, but if someone dies, the man behind him must take his place”, Julius said. He clapped in his hands and the men began to exercise. After a few hours of training, Julius and his legionnaires heard a huge rumbling sound. Julius shouted: “Ready your swords men, we are going back!” The legionnaires and Achilles runned together with Julius to Solitude. Julius left the men at the barracks and sprinted to Castle Dour. He pushed the door open and asked what the sound was. Rikke said: “This hasn’t happenend in centuries! Not since the Greybeards summoned Talos from Atmora.” Julius and Tullius asked togheter what she meant. Rikke muttered: “There is a Dragonborn.” Tullius said: “Maybe the Dragonborn was at Helgen. Alduin has returned. It is his or her fate to destroy Alduin. I am sure we will hear of the Dragonborn soon enough.” Julius was confused, Rikke noticed it. She said: “You don’t probably know who or what the Dragonborn is? I will explain. Centuries ago, there were dragons in Tamriel. Men and Mer were slaves, until the Nords stood up and gained the gift of the Voice by Kyne. The first blades, the dragonslayers stood up and tried to kill Alduin. The firstborn of Akatosh. They succeeded, but he has surfaced again. The destiny of the Dragonborn is to slay Alduin forever. You know that Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn, isn’t it? He was the last one to be summoned by the Greybeards. They live in seclusion, close to the top of a mountain in their monastery, High Hrothgar. They don’t speak much and are a few mad cows that follow the way of the Voice. They are trained to use Shouts, the language of dragons. Some shouts spit fire, others freeze you. Ulfric is trained by the Greybeards before he fought together with me and Galmar Stone-Fist in the Great War.” Julius said: “Uh, I understand. Now, I consider my Wolves ready for killing some rebels. Have we a task for tomorrow?” The General said: “Yes, Korvanjund. You, your Wolves and Rikke are going to Korvanjund. You’ll depart now. She will explain on the way to Korvanjund. Rikke will also have a closer look at your famous battle techniques.”
Julius walked outside with Rikke and he summoned his soldiers.
They walked the rest of the day to Korvanjund. On the way to the Nordic Tomb, Julius was talking with Legate Rikke. She told him what they had to do. At a certain moment, Julius said: “How long do you know Marcus already?” Rikke said: “He saved my life in the Battle for the Imperial City, when I was still a plain legionnairy and he only a Tribune. Since then, we were friends. I am in debt with him forever.” Julius asked curiously: “What do you think of him?” She chuckled and said: “Don’t tell him, but he is pretty handsome.” Julius chuckled and walked to Achilles. He muttered: “Did you notice how Tullius looks at Rikke, I think someone has to play for Cupido.” Achilles barked and Julius took that for a yes. When they arrived close to the crypts, they searched a place where the Stormcloaks couldn’t see them. The soldiers setted up camp. Rikke forbade them to make fire. They slept a few hours and decided to attack at night. Julius called silently the legionnaires and speeched quietly “Comrades, tonight, we are going to take the Jagged crown out the crypts. It will be a step closer to Elisif High Queen, a step closer to an Empire’s victory and a step closer to the fall of Ulfric. Do you fight for me and the Empire?” The soldiers silenty said: “Yes!” Julius ordered them to form a Testudo and so, they attacked Korvanjund. Most of the Stormcloaks didn’t even notice the attack. Julius’ Wolves were silent and effective. Rikke looked satisfied at Julius and they killed together the last ones. They silently opened the door and sneaked their way in. The soldiers hid behind the stairs. Julius whispered to Lucius and Rikke: “On my sign, we attack. Lucius, form a Testudo with the legionnaires and crush them.” Julius charged and shouted: “For the Empire!” The soldiers formed as fast they could a Testudo and Rikke followed with Achilles. As there were only 4 Stormcloaks, they were dead before they could say something. The Wolves proceeded carefully into the small crypts and killed two unlucky Stormcloaks. Rikke said: “Ten to one that they are waiting for us on the other side, Julius, find another way. He ordered his Wolves to charge when they heard fightning. Julius found a way up to a small bridge where he could see most of the Stormcloaks. He proceeded carefully and when he reached the stairs, Julius ran downwards and shouted: “Down with Ulfric” At that moment, when the Stormcloaks were distracted, the Testudo came charged in. Julius killed the first few with his sword and when his Wolves came, the others were soon dead. Julius followed Rikke towards a few burial urns with a Stormcloak that runned against his blade. There was another Stormcloak dead on the floor with close to it a kind of mummy. Julius found it creepy and Rikke said: “Wolves, we aren’t stopping because of some dusty, old bonewalkers.” When Julius heard that, he was pretty terrified. He asked Rikke if the mummies were dangerous. “Draugr, you mean. They are mainly annoying if you are with enough.” Julius felt more calmly and climbed the stairs. Julius saw a huge iron door. Rikke opened the door and to Julius’ relief, he only saw a dead Stormcloak. Rikke saw a ebony claw and asked Julius to open the door. He noticed that the symbols on the claw matched with those on the door. He matched the symbols on the door, but before he used the claw as a key, Julius breathed and muttered a small prayer to Athena. He could use her wisdom. Julius turned the claw, and to his relief, he saw that the door opened and he wasn’t dead. Rikke praised him and they walked inside, swords readied. Julius saw a crown on the head of a Draugr. Rikke said: “That must be king Borgas’ body. Lucius wanted to grab the crown, but Rikke warned him. He stepped back and Rikke said to the mummy: “Let us take the crown and we will leave you.” When Borgas stood up and other Draugrs emerged from their tombs, she said: Then we do it on your way.” Julius killed the first few with a controlled jab of his sword. When he heard the shout of Borgas, he understood this was a ‘Shout’. He raised his shield and pierced his sword through Borgas’ heart. At this moment every draugr was dead. Rikke said: “I think Tullius is happy. Your Testudo is awesome. If we knew this during the times of the Great War, we could have won. Grab the thing and let’s return to Solitude.”

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter IX: The amulet of Mara

The tired soldiers prepared for a long march to Solitude. When they finally entered the city, Julius said: “Comrades! Today you have proven you worthy, I only trained you for a few days! You may go to the barracks, grab some mead on the way in! You have earned it!” The soldiers cheered and entered the barracks. Rikke and Julius were still talking. Julius asked: “After the Great War, did you still see Marcus?” Rikke answered: “No, I returned to Skyrim and Marcus stayed in Cyrodill. When Ulfric decided to start a rebellion, Titus Mede II requested Marcus to quell this rebellion.” Julius became more curiously and asked: “What do you think of him?” Rikke blushed and she said nothing. Julius chuckled and said: “Admit it, you love him.” Rikke blushed and asked a bit nervously: “Does he love me?” Julius responded: “Does it snow in Skyrim? By Jupiter, Venus and Mars! Talk among the legionnaires and guards is that you and Tullius have a relation. The other Captains and Legates told me that he always speaks high of you. I noticed that he also looks with desire at you.” “Heh, then I wasn’t wrong,” said Rikke. Julius muttered to Achilles: “See, I was right.” The dog barked and they walked to Castle Dour. When he entered, he saw General Tullius looking on a map with blue and red flags. Julius gave him the Crown and waited for further orders. Tullius said: “Good, but where’s Rikke? Don’t tell me she is …” Julius quickly responded: “No, no, she’s at Beirand for sharpening her sword.” General Tullius sighed from relief when Julius said no. On that moment, a courier entered. When Tullius saw the courier, he muttered: “Not again.” The courier said: “I have an invitation for General Tullius, the military governor and one for Gaius Julius Caesar. Heh, the fact that the ambassador invites just a captain, a captain to her parties, the Empire has probably no one else more qualified to visit her receptions. It doesn’t wonder that you lost the Great War.” Tullius looked angry, but didn’t say anything. Julius sneered: “It is clear why you are only the courier, you have probably no idea who I am. My name is Caesar, leader of Rome. Such arrogance to a dictator! The Thalmor have a reason to invite me, one you don’t know because you are only the courier.” The courier throwed both invitations on the ground and left angrily. Julius and Marcus laughed. Julius opened the sealed invitation. He readed : “Elenwen, First Emissary of the Aldmeri Dominion to the Kingdom of Skyrim Requests the Pleasure of the Company of Gaius Julius Caesar at a Reception on the 25th of First Seed, 4E 201 at the Ambassador's Residence. You are allowed to bring a guest. Regrets Only. Formal Attire Requested.” Julius asked: “What’s wrong with those parties?” Tullius said: “The Thalmor are inviting me here to remind everyone that they can tell the Empire what to do. I would refuse, but I don't want to jeopardize the peace between us." Julius responded: “Ah, I understand.” On that moment, Rikke entered. She asked: “What’s up?” Marcus answered: “A Thalmor courier invited me and Julius to Elenwen’s reception. The courier was pretty arrogant and Julius teached him to be more polite.” Rikke chuckled, and asked: “Marcus, can I speak you in private?” The General nodded and the two walked upstairs. Julius nodded briefly at Rikke and she blushed. When Marcus and Rikke were in Marcus’ office, He asked: “What would you like to say? Wait, is that an amulet of Mara?” Rikke didn’t say anything, but promptly kissed him. Tullius muttered: “You damn Nords and your ...”, but then, he kissed back. Julius glanced at Legate Adventus. Both of them were smiling and looking upstairs. When they entered the barracks, Julius took a meal and he readed a bit in The Great War between The Empire and The Aldmeri Dominon. After the first pages, Julius fell asleep.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter X: Party at the Thalmor Embassy

Five days later, the 25th of First Seed:

Julius had asked Lucius to take care of Achilles, and when it finally was time for the party, Julius putted his brand new tunic with belt on. He also asked Lucius to help him with the toga. Lucius frowned first, when he saw the toga, but he helped Julius. Julius walked to Castle Dour for General Tullius and Rikke. When Julius saw Rikke, he couldn’t believe it. She looked awesome. Marcus wore a ceremonial version of his armor. When they were outside, Marcus gave Rikke a little kiss when he taught Julius couldn’t see it. Rikke blushed and kissed back. The three walked towards Katla’s Farm for their carriage. When they reached the Embassy, Julius and Marcus showed their invitations and entered. Julius was greeted by a half-Nord half-Imperial man, called Tiberius. He briefly spoke with him. After Wulf, Julius met Razelan. Razelan was a dark-skinned man, a member of the East-Empire Company. The breath of the man smelled to alcohol. Julius suspected that he was drunk. He noticed a tall woman in black clothes standing in the middle of the room. “That must be Elenwen. She’s really beautiful.” Julius taught. He also noticed Tiberius talking with Razelan and giving the already drunk man another beverage. When Elenwen walked towards him, Razelan stood suddenly up. Julius saw Elenwen tripping over the feet of the merchant. She fell, but someone hitted her with a blunt arrow. The arrow was not meant to kill, but to knock out. Julius ran immediately to her, everyone else was petrified. When Julius saw the wound, and noticed she was unconsciously, he lifted her from the floor and began to shout some orders, even the Thalmor obeyed him. Julius shouted: “Make the way free and bring me to her rooms. One of the Thalmor guards accompanied him towards Elenwen’s Solar. Julius carefully layed her on the bed. Julius commanded the other guard: “Bring me some water and a cloth.” The guard still obeyed him and ran for some water. When the guard returned with a tankard full of water, he said: “Sir, I can’t find linen wraps.” Julius stood up and walked towards the guard. He said: “Give me your sword and cloak.” The Thalmor responded nervously: “Sir, I can’t.” Julius, who was worrying about Elenwen, said: “Give it now, I won’t kill her.” The nervous guard gave him finally his weapon and cloak. Julius cutted one third of the cloak and returned the guard’s weapon. The Thalmor sighed relieved. Julius commanded the guard again: “Give me a healing potion, now!” The elf searched for a potion and gave it to Julius. Julius began to clean the wound on Elenwen’s with the black cloak. When Julius considered the wound clean enough, he threw the cloak on the ground. He uncorked the potion and poured the fluid in her mouth. When the first Emissary finally woke up, she asked: “What happened, where am I?” Julius said: “Not that fast, you are wounded, do it calm. You are in your quarters.” Elenwen responded stressed: “Razelan, that drunk idiot, what would the others think of me? Marcus? What are you doing in my quarters?” Julius pushed her back on the bed, and said: “I said calm. My name is Gaius Julius Caesar, not Marcus Tullius.” Elenwen firstly dismissed her guards and said, more calmly now: “Ah, I remember you from the guest list. You are Tullius’ Tribune. Tell me more about yourself.”Julius responded: “I am from the great city of Rome, I once was Consul and Dictator of my city. I am 56 years old.Now, I am in Skyrim and I am planning to make the best of my life here. Rome is very alike Cyrodiil and so, I joined the Legion. Another reason is that the Stormcloaks chased me all the way to Solitude. And you? Tell me more about yourself, please”. Elenwen said: “I am the ambassador of the Aldmeri Dominon in Skyrim. I am a member of the Thalmor since my youth. At this moment, I am around 250 years old.” Julius frowned his face and said: “What? You look like you are in your thirties? How is that possible?” Elenwen blushed for a brief moment and began to explain: “Mer, age differently in comparison to men. We live around 500 years or more.” Julius began to understand it, although it was very confusing. Elenwen said: “I assume you want to go back to the party.” Julius began to like the woman and said: “Much isn’t to do there, I like the pleasure of your company more.” On the face of the ambassador flashed a small smile and she dismissed the guards. Elenwen said: “Now we can talk more freely, what is your opinion on the Civil War?” Julius said: “ I consider the Stormcloaks like an old friend of me, Marcus Tullius Cicero once said: In truth, in such a vast number of citizens, there is a great multitude of those men, who either, from fear of punishment, because they are conscious of their own misdeeds, are anxious for fresh changes and revolutions in the republic; or who, on account of some innate insanity of mind, feed upon the discords and seditions of the citizens; or else who, on account of the embarrassment of their estates and circumstances, had rather burn in one vast common conflagration, than in one which consumed only themselves. What is your opinion?”
(Note: Cicero: Pro Sestio 99, translation from Perseus, can't post links)
Elenwen thinked a while about Julius’ words and finally said: “We only want what is best for Tamriel. Surely, the rebels will accept peace when they realize this. This wise Mer, Cicero, is he from Rome?” Julius responded: “Yes, but he is no mer. He is an Imperial, like me. In our world, Mer, don’t exist. We have only what you call Imperials, Nords and Redguards, and of course the Imperials, Romans are the superior ones.” Elenwen frowned when she heard they were no Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer, Orsimer, Khajiit or Argonians in his world. She asked: “Why do you consider Romans superior above Nords and Redguards?” Julius explained her: “We are more civilized, the Nords in our world are fairly uncivilized and Gaul would fall again in barbarism and lawness without us. Ah, and we conquered almost the whole known world. Redguards, what we call Numidians were mostly slaves.” Elenwen, who became more curiously said: “Can you tell me more about your life in Rome?” Julius, who always liked to brag about what he achieved, said: “What I consider one of the better things is the following: When I gained command of Gaul, I conquered Gaul beyond the Alps. No one ever did that. I also setted foot on Britannia, what people considered as unknown. Our expeditions there, were not that successful, because of the weather and I had to return to Gaul because of Vercingetorix, who started a rebellion. I caught him at Alesia and builded a wall around the city to hunger them out. But then, reinforcements came from the outside. My men builded a wall, to lock the reinforcements out and we waited. Now, they were with 250 000 and we with 40 000. I and my cavalry were able to slip out and attacked their reinforcements on the rear. After long battles, we defeated most of them and Vercingetorix surrendered. But, fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces. ” Elenwen said: “As I consider you a strategist, how do you see the outcome of this war?” Julius taught for a while, but finally said: “I think the Empire will win. I am almost sure, there will be a second Great War. I know you and the Thalmor don’t like it to hear, but if I am honest, the Empire will succeed. Based on what I already readed, the Empire was recovering from the Oblivion Crisis, whatever that is.” Elenwen responded: “The outcome of a war can be decided by everything, but as I am a Thalmor, I say the Aldmeri Dominon will be the victor.” Julius chuckled and said: “Wise words, but as there can be no peace, because both want more lands and power. By the way, why do you outlaw Talos worshipping? I heard little of him, but it seems he was a good general and Emperor. I don’t worship the Divines, so explain me.” Elenwen said: “It is right what you say, about why there can be no lasting peace. About Tiber Septim, Talos was a heroic man, but not a god. It pains the Altmer that we must remind our younger cousins of the difference.Can I ask you which gods that you do worship?” Julius said: “I understand. We Romans, worship also gods, they are Men, like us. The twelve major gods are called the Di Consentes.” Elenwen responded: “And they are even more gods?” Julius chuckled and said: “Indeed, you are right.” She asked: “Do you have a temple for every one of them?” He smiled and said: “Yes, of course, and that were only the most important ones. We have a temple for every god or goddess we worship. Rome is scattered with temples.” The two of them laughed. Julius asked: “Are you feeling already better?” Elenwen said: “Yes, of course, thanks to you.” Julius looked outside and said: “It is already dark, for how long did we talk? I better go back to Solitude.” Elenwen nodded and walked with him outside. When they were outside, there was an awkward silence and they shaked hands. Julius walked to the carriage and on his way, he saw Rikke and Marcus kissing. He laughed and walked to the carriage. Julius opened his hand and saw a small note in his hand. He readed: “Julius, meet me tomorrow again at the embassy, Elenwen” When Julius saw the name, he smiled. Julius was still grinning when he entered the barracks. Achilles nearly jumped on him, when he entered. Lucius asked him how it was, Julius answered that it was fun.They wished each other a good night.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter XI (Recommend a title to me, I have no inspiration)

The next day, Julius entered Castle Dour for asking leave. He asked Tullius: “General, I would like to have free today” Julius explained why, and Tullius frowned. He said: “Elenwen? Fine, but please go first to the Blue Palace. Jarl Elisif the Fair won’t wear the Jagged Crown because she heard we retrieved it out a Draugr crypt. Rikke told me about your persuasion skills. Also, I expect you here tomorrow, because I have a task for you.” Julius laughed and said: “No worries, I’ll convince her!” Julius returned to the barracks and putted his armor on. Julius walked towards the Blue Palace, when he arrived, he noticed that the Jarl was holding court. They were discussing the stockpiling of food if they were under siege. When they seemed to finish their discussion, Julius coughed. When the Jarl saw him, she said: “General Tullius, what are you doing here?” Julius sighed and answered: “I am not Tullius, my name is Gaius Julius Caesar, his Captain. I am here to convince you to wear the Jagged Crown.” Elisif said: “Ah, I remember you from Elenwen’s party. But, no, I am not going to wear that crown.” Julius almost shouted: “I and my Wolves risked our lives in that crypt! For you and the Empire! You have the full right to be High Queen! Would you rather lose the moot against the killer of your husband? Do it for Torygg!” After these words, Julius left the Blue Palace while hearing the voice of Elisif: “Alright, I’ll wear it.” He chuckled, and stopped at Castle Dour. Julius said: “Elisif is going to wear the Jagged Crown” He was already gone before Tullius could ask how he did it. He patted Achilles on the head and promised him he would return. When Julius arrived at the embassy, the guards nodded, but they looked constantly at his sword. He greeted Elenwen, and they walked towards her office. Elenwen showed him a mannequin for his armor. He left his helmet and gauntlets on the thing. He dropped his shield and sword there too. Julius asked: “How is the wound?” Elenwen responded: “Fine, a simple healing spell sufficed thanks to your care.” Julius looked confused, he said: “A spell, magic?” Elenwen chuckled and said: “You don’t know about magic?” After these words, she casted a spell. Julius looked around to see where she was, he half expected to see her flying. Julius felt a hand on his shoulder and nearly jumped. He said: “By Jupiter, Elenwen! Where were you?” She responded: “Ah, that was an invisibility spell.” Julius looked even more confused and asked: “Can you teach me a spell?” Elenwen thinked, knowing he was from Rome, and said: “I will try, but I am not sure. You are not from Tamriel, so I don’t know. I’ll try to teach you a basic Restoration spell, it will heal yourself. Other useful Restoration spells are healing hands, that one heals other people. Imperials have a crack for those. They tend to be useful in battles.” She began to search her office for a spell tome, after a few minutes, she found it. Elenwen said: “Here, if you are able to use magic, the tome will teach you a spell and will destroy itself in the process.” Julius opened the book and he felt nothing special, but the book was destroyed. Elenwen said: “Very good, now, try channeling your mind to magic. Hold your hand open and think of healing yourself, use the knowledge you gained. Casting a spell makes sound, so when you succeed, you will hear something.” Julius focused and heard nothing, he tried again, and another time. The third time, it worked. Julius smiled and continued practicing. After a few seconds, he couldn’t continue casting the spell. Elenwen explained: “Spells are charged by Magicka, when your Magicka is depleted, you cannot continue spell casting. Trough practice, you’ll gain more Magicka.” Julius answered: “How can I thank you?” She responded: “You don’t, it was a pleasure.” Julius said: “Sure?” Elenwen answered: “Yes, sure, you helped me already. I was in debt to you. Now we’re even.” Julius chuckled and taught that she really was a friendly woman. A little voice said to him: “Don’t be misled, she is the enemy of the Empire. It is just a trick to gain more control.” Julius left the voice for what it was and continued to talk with Elenwen. In the meantime, at Castle Dour, Tullius and Rikke were discussing Whiterun. Rikke said: "I'm telling you, Ulfric's planning an attack on Whiterun." Tullius answered with: "He'd be insane to try. He doesn't have the men." Rikke responded: "That's not what my scouts report, sir. Every day more join his cause. Riften, Dawnstar, and Winterhold support him." Tullius said: "It's not a cause. It's a rebellion."Rikke responded: "Call it whatever you like, Marcus. The man's going to try to take Whiterun." Tullius muttered: "Jarl Balgruuf..." Legate Rikke chuckled and said: "I know, Balgruuf refuses the Legion's right to garrison troops in his city. On the other hand, he also refuses to acknowledge Ulfric's claim."Marcus responded: "Well, if he wants to stand outside the protection of the Empire, fine. Let Ulfric pillage his city." Rikke sighed. The General said: "You people and your damn Jarls."Legate Rikke said: "Marcus? You can't force a Nord to accept help he hasn't asked for."
Tullius thinked for a while and responded: "If Ulfric's making a move for Whiterun, then we need to be there to stop him. Draft another letter with the usual platitudes, but this time share some of our intelligence regarding Ulfric's plans. Embellish if you have to. We'll let it seem like it's his idea. Send Julius for convincing him, the letter might not be enough. You go with his Wolves hiding in the plains. Make sure to bring archers " Rikke responded with: "Yes, Marcus." Tullius sneered: "You Nords and your bloody sense of honor." Rikke chuckled and said: "Marcus!" Back at the Embassy, Julius and Elenwen were dinering. Elenwen asked him: “Want some wine?” Julius responded: “No, thanks, I don’t like alcohol.” Elenwen nodded and dismissed the servant. She asked him: “Did you hear about the recent dragon menace?” Julius answered: “The Greybeards have summoned a Dragonborn, and I heard from the guards that a dragon was slayed at the western watchtower in Whiterun. Ah, Tullius told me about Helgen.” Elenwen responded: “Heh, I was at Helgen. Luckily I was on horseback, otherwise I was dead, the black monster nearly setted me on fire. I’ve seen also some dragons roaming the skies. Unfortunately, yesterday, our dossier concerning dragons was stolen and a prisoner escaped.” Julius said: “Why would a dragon want such a beautiful woman dead?” She blushed and continued eating. The servant cleared the table and they sat silently, watching each other. Finally, they walked back to her rooms. Julius asked her: “Do the Thalmor have a dossier on me?” She chuckled and said: “Yes, the Thalmor have a dossier about everyone that is considered of interest.” Julius liked to know what they had written about him, so he said: “Can I read my dossier?” Elenwen answered: “Uhh, no, that information is top secret.” Julius responded: “So, I can’t correct or add information to my dossier? I taught that knowledge was power.” Elenwen thinked for a while and said: “Okay, you may read it.” She took the notebook and handed it over to Julius. Julius opened the book and readed the following: “Status: Interesting asset, requires more research. Description: male, Imperial, 56 years. Imperial Captain. Looks almost like the Military Governor of Skyrim, Marcus Tullius. Gray, receding hair. Background: From the city of Rome, almost assassinated and ended up in Skyrim. Has led a successful mission for receiving the Jagged Crown.” Julius nearly shouted: “I don’t have receding hair! Did you write this?” She laughed and said: “Julius, admit it, your hair is receding. And yes, I wrote this.” Julius said: “Okay, my hair is receding, but only a bit. Oh, I was leader of Rome” Elenwen responded: “Fine, I’ll change it.” Julius looked outside and saw it was already evening. He said: “Hmm, it is already evening, should I go? You have probably still work.” Elenwen replied: “Work can wait, essentially I am working. I am researching you.” Julius laughed and they continued to talk. Julius looked 4 hours later outside and said: “It is night. I don’t like to walk at night to Solitude.” Elenwen taught and responded: “No problem, just sleep here, we have enough rooms.” Julius nodded and asked for a bit of water. Elenwen called for a servant and they continued to talk further. Both of them were tired and Elenwen showed him an empty room at the other side of her office. Again, there was an awkward silence and Julius chuckled. He said: “Let’s redo that.” Elenwen briefly blushed and nodded. Instead of just saying goodnight, Julius kissed her. Elenwen was surprised for a moment, but kissed back. The next day, Julius waked up naked in Elenwen’s bed. He quickly equipped his armor and nearly left, until he heard Elenwen’s voice. She asked: “Where are you going?” Julius answered: “I need to go back, Tullius has a task for me.” She said: “Please, return.” Julius responded: “Sure. When I’m back, I’ll meet you here, okay?” Elenwen nodded and Julius departed. He reported at Castle Dour and Tullius explained him his next mission: “Tribune, your next mission is convincing Jarl Balgruuf the Greater to choose a side. He is the most stubborn of all Nords, so, I expect you to use some honeyed words if Rikke’s letter fails. Rikke, the Wolves and archers will set up camp, close to Whiterun. You need to go to Whiterun.” Rikke said: “Remember, Balgruuf is a man of honor. He will probably have a task for you. Someone will provide runners, he will approach you with the passphrase the 30th of Frostfall, and when Balgruuf has chosen, send him to me. We will follow together with Legate Cipius and his reinforcements.” Tullius also handed him a bag with money over. “For possible expenses, it contains 300 septims. You may hold the remaining for yourself. Our army is ready to depart. Gods be with you.” Tullius whispered in his ear: “I have another mission for you, keep an eye out for jewelry stores. I want to buy something for Rikke. Don’t tell her.” He muttered to Rikke: “Please return.” She nodded and walked with Julius outside. Julius explained Lucius and his Wolves what the mission was, and they marched to Whiterun. On the way to Whiterun, the men were chittering about many things, and Julius loved to talk with them. The Nordic soldiers were boasting about the amount of women they bedded. One of the men had drunk to much Mead or was very brave, because he dared to ask Julius how many he had bedded. The Nord asked: “And you Captain? With how many women have you slept in Skyrim?” Julius glanced at Rikke, who tried to not laugh. Julius said: “You are brave my friend, what do you think?” The man guessed: “1?” Julius laughed and said: “By Venus, how do you know that?” The Nord laughed and said: “Just one woman?” Julius nodded but whispered in his ear: “Not just a woman, First Emissary Elenwen. Ah, also many woman in Rome, remember I am here for only a week or something.” The man looked with wide eyes at him and began singing promptly: “Lock up your women, our commander's bad news.He may be bald,but he'll fluff anything that moves.” (Note: Chant is from Tom Holland’s Rubicon. Caesars’ legionnaires have probably sung this.) Legate Rikke was now laughing, and the other Wolves were singing too. Julius shouted: “I AM NOT BALD! MY HAIRLINE IS RECEDING ONLY A BIT” Rikke said: “Admit it Julius, you are on the bald side.” Julius muttered: “Take that back, or I’ll say my wolves that I saw you and the General kissing outside at Elenwen’s party.” Rikke’s face changed and she said silently: “Did you see that? If I could, you were dead for now. And I will take it back. Is it true about Elenwen?” Julius nodded and she said worried: “Remember, she is a member of the Thalmor.” Julius whispered back: “I know, but I think it can’t do any harm to have a First Emissary in your pocket. Besides, she is a very nice woman. I think she will be of use, having the Second Great War in mind.” Rikke muttered back: “Nice? You don’t probably know about the fact that Elenwen tortured Ulfric during the events of the Great War; this stirred up Ulfric’s hate for the Thalmor that led to the civil war. Maybe are you right, but doesn’t she think the same about you?” Julius was shocked for a few seconds, but he nodded. By himself, he was thinking: “I knew it, something was wrong.” He left it for what it was, and continued walking. At the same moment in the Thalmor Embassy: Rulindil said: “Madame, I am very sorry about the fact we lost our prisoner and documents.” Elenwen snapped: “By Auri-El, being misled by a disguised Nord. You are a Thalmor, you should have seen it.” Rulindil sneered: “And you, sleeping with a mere Imperial, if it was the Emperor, I would have understand it. I taught better of you.” Elenwen sighed: “Rulindil, Julius is not a mere Imperial, he is a Roman and he was ruler of his city, Rome. Besides, my life is none of your business. It can’t do any harm to have an Imperial Captain in your pocket.” Rulindil said: And what makes that? He is no Altmer. What if your ruler was no ruler? What if your superiors know about Caesar?” Elenwen’s face flushed with anger. “What if I told them you about your failures? I am still First Emissary. And YOU are Third Emissary, not First Emissary. You let a prisoner escape, lost all our research on dragons and you were the one to recommend that traitor of a Malborn. You are fired! Get out my eyes incompetent idiot.” Rulindil roared and raised his hands. Elenwen saw it coming and prepared herself for a battle. She casted mage armor and managed to block his lightning spell with a ward. While summoning a Storm Atronach and keeping of Rulindil’s spells with wards she shouted for her guards. The Atronach kept Rulindil at bay and Elenwen had time to draw a dagger. Rulindil casted a Fire bolt to kill the Atronach, but when he wasted his Magicka on the thing, Elenwen had already paralyzed him with a shock spell. The guards finally came in and took Rulindil. Elenwen ordered them: “Kill him, and throw him in the dungeon” Rulindil screamed again, but now unable to do something. The guards took him towards the torturing rooms and slitted his throat. She sat down thinking about things. Elenwen taught: “If only Rulindil knew it, than it is fine, but my reputation is ruined if someone else knows it.” She continued with writing letters and working. Julius, Rikke and the army arrived in the plains around Whiterun and Julius walked alone the last end to the city with Achilles.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter XII: Whiterun

When Julius and Achilles arrived in Whiterun, they saw a man discussing the Legion’s weaponery and then, the man asked: “Clan Battle-Born or Clan Gray-mane?” Julius was confused, and decided to say: “I am only an Imperial Tribune delivering a letter to Jarl Balgruuf the Greater” The man laughed and said: “Good to hear, my name is Idolaf Battle-Born. We are supporters for the Empire, my father joined the Legion on the 30 of Frostfall.’ When Julius heard the date, it was clear that this man is allied to the Empire. Luckily, Julius weared a closed helmet, so they wouldn’t mistake him for Tullius. Julius nodded and whispered the password: “Honor Titus Mede II” The man leaded him to a house, where they could talk freely. Julius removed his helmet. Idolaf looked in shock at him and dropped to one knee. Idolaf said: “General Tullius, what are you doing here? It is dangerous with the Gray-Manes out there.” Julius sighed and replied: “Get up, I am not Tullius. My name is Gaius Julius Caesar, his Tribune. Unfortunately for both of us, we are lookalikes. Now, back to the matter. I am going to Dragonsreach, wait for me outside. You need 2 couriers, one for Tullius himself, and one for Rikke, who is hiding in the plains. Good?” Idolaf standed up, embrassed, but he listened to Caesar’s orders and both of them parted ways. Julius walked towards Dragonsreach, while hearing constantly the prayers of a stupid priest to Talos, and nearly slapped a arrogant Numidian called Nazeem, who claimed he was Balgruuf’s political advisor. When he saw the statue of Talos, the face remembered him of someone. He took a Septim out of his pouch, and Julius saw that it matched with the statue. It must be Tiber Septim, but the face still remembered him of someone. On his way to Dragonsreach, he noticed a beautiful jewelery stand. “Maybe something for Elenwen?” Julius taught. Julius was tired, but finally reached Balgruuf quarters. When he entered, he overheard a Nordic man discussing security with a grey-skinned woman. She was angry, because the Nord slipped out for a pint. Julius coughed and the woman turned, drew her sword and said: “Jarl Balgruuf the Greater is not receiving visitors.” Julius replied: “I am not a mere visitor, I am sended by Marcus Tullius, Militairy Governor of Skyrim and General of the 4th Legion in Skyrim.” Balgruuf said: “What does that old busybody want with me now?” Julius knew he must make advantage of the fact he looked like Tullius and said: “I would rather watch my words, Jarl.” Julius removed his helmet and handed him the letter over. Balgruuf’s mouth fell open and Julius chuckled. The Jarl said: “Excuse me General, I didn’t know it was you. Why are you here?” Julius said: “I came because it is time to side with the Empire. Ulfric is planning to attack Whiterun” The Jarl nodded and began to discuss with the woman, and a balding Imperial. Julius waited for his response and when Balgruuf finally said: “We’re siding with the Empire. On my conditions.” The Jarl quickly wrote his conditions on a piece of parchment and signed it. He handed it to Julius. Julius said: “I will deliver this message to the General.” The Jarl frowned and replied: “But you are the General, or not?” Julius cursed and said: “I am his Tribune.” Julius expected the Jarl angry, but Balgruuf laughed. He replied: “I knew, the last time I saw Tullius, he wasn’t balding. Bring this axe to Ulfric Stormcloak.” Julius said “I am not balding, and by Venus, How on Mundus (Note: Mundus is Latin for earth) can I give that axe to Ulfric. I am already chased by Stormcloaks, so what if Ulfric thinks I am Tullius?” Balgruuf thinked, and said: “Ulfric is a man of honor, Nords respect messengers. Now, I think you will be tired. You are allowed to sleep here, dine with me this evening. Proventus, make a bed ready for the man. You can depart tomorrow.” Julius nodded and replied: “Thank you Jarl, I am going to make the necessary preparations, and then, I will be here.” Julius sat down at the table and began to write two letters.

“General Tullius

Jarl Balgruuf the Greater is siding with the Empire. He asked me to deliver an axe to Ulfric Stormcloak. To convince him, I let him think I was you. I hope I give this letter to the right person, Idolaf Battle-Born. I am departing tomorrow to Windhelm and deliver the axe. It will be risky, but I will try to not get myself killed. Legate Rikke is informed too.

Tribune Gaius Julius Caesar

Julius sealed the first letter, and wrote the next one:

“Legate Rikke

Balgruuf is with the Empire. I have to deliver an axe to Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak, whatever that means. I am departing tomorrow, I will be back before the Stormcloaks are here.

Tribune Gaius Julius Caesar”

He sealed the last letter and walked outside. Julius handed the letter over to Idolaf, who said: “I make sure, that those letters trusted with my best couriers. Julius returned to the stand and looked at the jewelery. The old woman said: “You’re with the Legion?” Julius nodded and she said: “Can you help me?” Julius was confused, but nodded. The woman said to follow her. Julius and Achilles entered house Gray-Mane. When he entered, a Nord stood up and drawed his axe. “Mother, what does this Imperial do here?” The woman said: “Stop it, Avulstein, this man is here to help us find Thorald.” Avulstein responded: “How do you know he is not spying for the Battle-Borns?” The mother replied: “I want to see Thorald back, no matter what.” The woman turned to Julius and asked: “Have you seen my son, Thorald Gray-Mane in your cells in Solitude?” Julius thinked for a while, trying to remember what on the list stood. He finally responded: “No, we only have criminals in the prison, and on the list didn’t stand Thorald Gray-Mane. Idolaf told me you were Stormcloak, probably have the Thalmor taken him.” Avulstein replied: “Imperial, take your helmet off, I want to see your face if you are not lying.” Julius removed his helmet and, again the mouth of both people dropped open. Avulstein muttered: “Tullius?” Julius quickly responded: “No, no, I’m Gaius Julius Caesar, his Captain. The two looked again, but finally Avulstein nodded. He said: “My name is Avulstein Gray-Mane, and this is my mother, Fralia Gray-Mane. You said something of the Thalmor?” Julius nodded. Avulstein replied: “Damn bastards, I’d attack the Embassy if needed.” Julius responded: “No, I know a better way, let’s say that I have someone who can get him free. When I am back in Solitude, I will make the neccessary arrangements.” Avulstein looked suspiciously: “Who?” Julius said: ‘I can’t say that.” Julius said: “Fralia, you are selling necklaces?” She nodded and Julius asked: “Can I buy one?” Fralia nodded again and showed him a few ones. Julius counted his money and said: “I want the ruby one, how much Septims?” Fralia said: “500 Septims” Julius thinked for a while and taught: “I have still 1200 Septims left and the 300 Septims Tullius gave me. I’ll take it.” He nodded and handed her the money over. Fralia looked happy and handed him the necklace over. She said: “If you bring Thorald back, how can we thank you?” Julius simply said: “Just remember it was the Legion.” He walked outside and returned to Jarl Balgruuf’s palace. The Jarl said: “Welcome, it was about time to eat.” Julius and the Jarl took place at his long tables. Balgruuf asked: “A bit of Mead?” Julius replied: “No, thanks. I don’t like alcohol.” Balgruuf frowned but nodded. The Jarl and Julius eated and were talking about various things. On a certain moment, Balgruuf asked him: “That shield, never seen one like that. Where is it for?” Julius replied: “Testudo formation, when Ulfric attacks, you will see how useful it is. Now, about the attack, Rikke is bringing my Wolves, archers and a few supplementary foot soldiers, we will have around 40 men. Cipius will bring 25 footsoldiers . How many troops do you have?” Balgruuf thinked for a while and said: “I think around 10 archers, and 20 footsoldiers. The rest is staying in the city. How are we going to defend the bridge with only 95 men? I think that Ulfric has around 200 Stormcloaks.” Julius responded: “Testudo, my Jarl. The Stormcloaks can only enter the city via the main gate.” Balgruuf became a bit impatient and replied: “Good, but what is an Testudo?” Julius said: “A shield wall. Look at my shield.” The Jarl understood it and swigged another bottle of mead away. Balgruuf had another question: “That dog of you, what is his name?” Julius replied: “Achilles.” The Jarl asked: “Never heard of, tell me from where it comes.” Julius telled: “As you know, I am a Roman and not an Imperial. My mother told me the stories of the Trojan war when I was young. Achilles was a Greek hero, who died of an arrow in his heel. Legend says that his mother, Thetis washed him in the river, called the Styx. Because of that, he was invicible, except for his heel.” The Jarl nodded and they wished each other good night. The next day, Julius woke up, and putted the Whiterun Guard armor on. He walked outside and in place of directly departing to Windhelm, he realized that he better taked the carriage instead of walking. It was now 8 hours a.m. When Julius arrived in Windhelm, it was around 4 hours p.m. The guards nodded to him, reconizing him as a messenger. Someone told him about the New Gnisis Cornerclub, so he stopped there. There were mostly Dunmer and Argonians. Julius considered it might be good to have some friends in the city. He overheard a Dunmer talking about how bad Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak treated them. Julius walked to the inn’s owner and buyed a bottle of wine. The Dunmer growled: “Another Nord to beat us up?” Julius replied: “No, I am Tribune Gaius Julius Caesar, I am an Imperial.” The man nodded and presented himself as Ambarys Rendar. Julius asked him: “If Ulfric is going to die, who do you consider as a better Nordic Jarl?” The man responded: “Brunwulf Free-Winter, he is the best of all Nords. He is the only one of them who is kind to us. You’re a Legionnary?” Julius nodded and whispered: “If we need to assault Windhelm, can I count on the aid of the Dunmer and Argonians.” The man nodded: “Everything to see the current Jarl go away.” Julius wote his name down and whispered: “When we can defeat Ulfric, I count on you. Free-Winter will become Jarl, if possible.” The Dunmer nodded enthouastically and Julius walked towards the Palace of Kings with Achilles. He found Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak sitting in his throne. Julius choosed his words carefully: “My name is Gaius Julius Caesar. I am a messenger of Jarl Balgruuf the Greater.” Ulfric responded: “And what message do you have?”Julius replied: “This.” and handed Ulfric Balgruuf’s axe over. Ulfric nodded and returned it. “You are very brave to carry this message. A pity you are a legionairy.” Galmar Stone-Fist said: “I want to see your face, I’d like to know when I kill you at Whiterun.” Julius removed his helmet, praying to the gods. Galmar exclaimed: “It is Tullius!” Ulfric replied: “Impossible, that Imperial milk-drinked doesn’t dare to come in Windhelm, or am I wrong? Expect a bit of entertrainment in the near future.” Julius said: “I am not Tullius, but I am with the Legion.” Galmar waved him out with: “Goodbye, Imperial milk-drinker.” Julius turned and replied: “I am no Imperial. I am a Roman.” Galmar exchanged looks with Ulfric, but let him go. Julius ran the city out, together with Achilles. The carts were too slow, he needed a horse. He had only 950 Septims left. He talked to the stable’s owner, Ulundil. “Price of this horse?” “1000 Septims” “I only have 950 Septims, I am a Tribune of the Imperial Legion.” “That changes things, 700 Septims if you can teach those Stormcloaks a lessson.” “Deal.” Julius handed him the money over and gallopped to Whiterun with Achilles. Julius enjoyed the life of a soldier, it was already a while ago, after the defeat of Pompeius Magnus. Those senators were a bit on the idiot and dull side at moments. When they were at Loreius farm, Julius encountered a jester. “Agh! Bother and befuddle! Stuck here! Stuck! My mother, my poor mother. Unmoving. At rest, but too still!" The jester’s look slightly reminded him of someone else. Julius asked him: “Who are you and what are you doing here?” The jester replied: “Poor Cicero is stuck. Can't you see? I was transporting my dear, sweet mother. Well, not her. Her corpse! She's quite dead. I'm taking mother to a new home. A new crypt. But... aggh! Wagon wheel! Damnedest wagon wheel! It broke! Don't you see?” When Julius heard the name, he knew it, it was Marcus Tullius Cicero, the stubborn orator. he taught: “Sure this is one is not real Cicero, he would laugh with this jester.” Julius asked him: “Can I help?” The jester said: “Oh. Oh yes! Yes, the kindly stranger can certainly help! Go to the farm - the Loreius Farm. Just over there, off the road. Talk to Loreius. He has tools! He can help me! But he won't! He refuses! Convince Loreius to fix my wheel! Do that, and poor Cicero will reward you. With coin! Gleamy, shiny coin!” Julius could always use some Septims, thus he entered the farm. Loreius said: That Cicero feller? Hmph. Tell me something I don't know. Crazy fool's already asked me about five times. Seems he's not satisfied with my answer. Why can't he just leave us alone?" Julius replied: “Just help him, he hasn’t done you wrong and he will pay you.” Loreius stuttered: “Look, I... I... You're right. You're right. Feller might be nutters, might not. But fact is, he needs help. I turn him away, what kind of man am I, hmm? Look, um... Thanks. And I'm sorry for my unneighborly reaction. If you talk to Cicero, you be sure and tell him I'll be down to help soon.” Julius walked down to Cicero and said: “He’ll help you.” The estatic jester said: "Oh stranger! You have made Cicero so happy! So jubilant and ecstatic! But more! Even more! My mother thanks you! Here, here. For your troubles! Shiny, clinky gold! A few coins for a kind deed! And thank you! Thank you again." Cicero tossed him 600 Septims over. The man had certainly enough money. Julius jumped again on his horse and gallopped with Achilles to Whiterun. He dropped the horse at the stables and entered Dragonsreach. Rikke, Cipius and Balgruuf were already discussing everything. Julius said: “Ulfric’s coming.” They nodded and Legate Rikke said: “We know, what do you think to do?” Julius replied: “Set the Wolves in 3 lines in Testudo formation at the gate, I will join them in the fight. Set the other footsoldiers as backup, if some Stormcloaks manage to break trough. Archers in two lines on the gate. Look, like this. When the first line shoots, the second prepares their arrows, when first line has shooted, they step back and second steps forward. First reloads and like that you can maintain a constant line of arrows.” Rikke nodded and asked Cipius to take command of the archers. Cipius nodded and walked outside. Rikke said: “This is it, Julius, time to prove your soldiers for real!” Julius nodded and asked the Jarl to watch his dog meanwhile. He quickly changed armor and returned the Whiterun armor to Proventus. Outside, Rikke was already giving a speech to the soldiers: "This is it men! This is an important day for the Empire and for the Legion. And for all of Skyrim. This is the day we send a message to Ulfric Stormcloak and the rebel Jarls who support him. But make no mistake. What we do here today, we do for Skyrim and her people. By cutting out the disease of this rebellion, we will make this country whole again! Ready now! Everyone, with me! For the Empire! For the Legion! Rrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!" Julius and the soldiers cheered, and setted up in Testudo formation. He shouted some last orders, before the Stormcloaks attack: “Second, and third, if a Stormcloak tries to climb on the Testudo, just push your sword up.” After these words, the rebels attacked. They were not used to this new formation, so the first few were already cutted down, before they realized it. Cipius, who was commanding the archers, had already killed a lot of the Stormcloaks with arrows. Julius saw in the distance Galmar Stone-fist observing the battle. Rikke, and the footsoldiers were just waiting, because most of the rebels were killed by Cipius’ arrows and the others were stabbed by the strong Testudo formation. After almost a hour, most of the Stormcloaks losed heart and fled. Julius noticed Galmar Stone-Fist sounding the horn and they waited before disassembling. Julius shouted and waved to Galmar Stone-Fist: “Stone-Fist, are you sure that these men are all milk-drinkers?” The general walked angrily away with the remnants of his Stormcloaks, thinking how he should explain Ulfric. Julius observed the losses and a few archers were killed or wounded by arrows, Rikke’s footsoldiers and Balgruuf’s reinforcements were okay. Julius checked the shields of his Wolves and they just needed to let Beirand repair some. Balgruuf brought Achilles with him and speeched: “Revel in your victory here today, even as the gods revel in your honor! They already sing of your valor and skill! The halls of Sovngarde are no doubt ringing with your praises! In defeating these Stormcloak traitors, you have proven the hollowness of their cause and the fullness of your hearts. The citizens of Whiterun are forever in your debt! But Ulfric will not stop here. No, he will continue to strike out against any true Nord who remains faithful to the Empire. He will continue to sow discord and chaos wherever he can. And so, we must each one of us, continue to fight this insurrection, lest our fallen brothers have died for naught! Lest our honor be lessened should we allow these bloodthirsty beasts to prowl our lands! Carry on men, my gratitude and blessings go with you! For Whiterun! For the Empire!" Everyone cheered and Rikke gave another order. “Report to Tullius, I will take care of the last things and depart then.” Julius called Achilles over and they departed to Solitude. Balgruuf also informed him that he was allowed to buy property in Whiterun.

Last edited:

Pompey

I know that it's been a while, but I have got recently my hands on the Vita Caesarum, by Suetonius that gives a idea how Caesar was, so I'm planning to revise the chapters I've recently written.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter XIII: Northwatch keep

Julius stopped at the Thalmor Embassy, and greeted Elenwen with a kiss on the cheek. She asked: “How was it?” Julius replied: “We have succesfully defended Whiterun. But I have to ask you something, would you allow to release Thorald Gray-Mane?” She thinked for a while and looked in her documents. “Hmm, he isn’t useful anymore, you may have him.” Elenwen wrote an order to release him and instructed Julius: “He is held captive at Northwatch keep.” Julius thanked her and asked, “Are you really torturing people?” Elenwen nodded and replied: “Who doesn’t do it during war?” Julius responded:“You are right.” Julius said: “Tullius is probably waiting for my report, so I have to go.” He kisserd her on the cheek and walked outside, but not before he left the ruby necklace on her bureau. When Elenwen found the necklace, she also found a little note: “This is for you. Love, Julius.” She chuckled and quickly burned the note with a fire spell, before someone could find it. Elenwen summoned one of the Thalmor soldiers and said: “I want Thalmor Justiciar Ondolemar here, he resides currently at Understone Keep in Markarth.” Julius arrived at Solitude, reporting tired at Castle dour: “A few men are wounded, 3 are dead. Rikke is coming with the rest of the army.” Tullius tossed 1000 Septims over and said: “Good work, here’s your reward.The Emperor will be informed. Dismissed. I want you here, tomorrow midday.” Julius walked back to the barracks and meanwhile, Tullius wrote a letter:

Emperor

We have convinced Jarl Balgruuf the Greater to ally with the Empire and we have successfully defended Whiterun. Like you know, Ulfric Stormcloak escaped at Helgen. Rumor says that a dragon has attacked Helgen. I confirm that rumor. Dragons have risen, together with a Dragonborn. We don't have much information, but he was at Helgen, and he is a Thane of Whiterun. His name is Wulf. We also have a new Tribune, Gaius Julius Caesar. He was the brain behind Whiterun. We only lost three archers at the city. Also, he rooted with his Wolves a tomb infested with Draugr and Stormcloaks. There, they recovered the Jagged crown of king Borgas. We could be twins. He claims that he is from the great city of Rome. According to what I heard from him, he was a General, and kind of an Emperor. It could justify his military skills. He introduced a new tactic to us, that helped us to defend Whiterun and attack Korvanjund. I recommend you ask him. I don't know but my gut says that Elenwen or the Thalmor are up to something. How is it in Cyrodiil?

Yours truly

Marcus Tullius

Military governor of Skyrim and General of the 4th legion.

The General sealed the letter and trusted it to one of his couriers.

Last edited:

Pompey

Chapter XIV: The Dark Brotherhood.

Julius fell asleep, and woke up the next day, departing to Northwatch keep.

When Julius and Achilles arrived, one of the Thalmor stopped him: “Halt!”

Julius showed him the order and said: “Tribune Gaius Julius Caesar, ordered by First Emissary Elenwen.” The guard looked at the order and nodded. Julius found Thorald Gray-Mane in the keep and walked with the wounded man outside. Thorald asked him: “Are you going to kill me?” Julius replied: “No, I am here, sended by your mother and Avulstein. Let’s say I convinced someone to release you.” Thorald exclaimed: “Impossible, only that bitch of an Elenwen can do that.” Julius drew his sword and responded: “It was Elenwen, retake those words, or I bring you back to the keep.” Thorald nodded nervously and said: “I better return to the Stormcloaks, where they can’t find me.” Julius replied: “Whiterun is under Imperial control. You are safe there, I promise you, are you turning your back against the Empire now?” Thorald looked worried and said: “Maybe you’re right, what is your name? I’ll go to Whiterun.” Julius responded: “I am Tribune Gaius Julius Caesar. Here, take my horse and a few Septims, I will walk back to Solitude.” The young man looked confused to him, but took his horse and gallopped to Whiterun. Julius arrived around the midday at Solitude, reporting at Castle Dour. After a hour of discussing which fort or city they would take, a man arrived at Castle Dour. He presented himself as Wulf, the Dragonborn. Tullius nodded, and asked: “So, Wulf, what do you want?” The half Nord-Imperial replied: “A peace council with the Empire and the Stormcloaks. Ulfric has agreed to go.” Tullius exclaimed: “Why on earth would I want to talk with him?” The Dragonborn responded: “Dragons have returned and I want to trap one in Dragonsreach.” The General replied: “A dragon in Balgruuf’s palace? Has he gone mad? I am sent here to quell a rebellion, not to slay Dragons. Fine, when are we expected?” Wulf replied: “Over a week and a half at High Hrothgar.” Tullius nodded and discussed with Rikke what they should do now. “We will take Julius, you, Jarl Balgruuf, Jarl Elisif with us, and Elenwen is probably wanting to go too.” One of the soldiers hurried to the Blue Palace to inform Elisif and Tullius asked Julius to inform Elenwen. Julius departed to the Embassy, and when he and Achilles arrived, he greeted Elenwen: “General Tullius invites you to a peace council over a week and a half at High Hrothgar with the Stormcloaks because of the dragon menace. The Dragonborn wants to trap a dragon in Balgruuf’s palace.” Elenwen nodded and thanked him for the necklace. Julius returned to Castle Dour, speaking with Legate Rikke. He said: “Rikke, that Dragonborn fellow reminds me of someone. What do you think?” She nodded: “I swear to the N-Eight that I already saw that face. Anyway, we will find out. I always wanted to know how High Hrothgar looks.” After hours of discussing and deciding what they would demand at the council, Julius left tired Castle Dour and fell asleep in the barracks. On a certain moment, Julius woke up because he heard something. Julius grabbed his sword, because he was fairly paranoide, after the failed assassination attempt, what was just in time, because an asassin was about to stab him with a dagger. Julius pushed his sword in the chest of the man and when the Dunmer screamed, a guard entered with a torch. He gasped: “Someone has a mark on you. It was the Dark Brotherhood!” The dead Dunmer had a note sticking out his belt, and Julius checked it. He readed:

As instructed, you are to eliminate Gaius Julius Caesar by any means necessary. The Black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fool dead.

We've already received payment for the contract. Failure is not an option.
The passphrase has changed: "Silence my Brother."
Destroy this after you readed it.

Astrid

The guard said: “You better go to Commander Maro in Dragon bridge. He is the leader of the Penitus Oculatus and would like to know about this information.” Julius nodded and decided to depart tomorrow. Julius slept very lightly, for the rest of the night. He informed Tullius about the attack and was allowed to go to Commander Maro. Julius arrived at Dragon bridge and asked for the Penitus Oculatus. A helpful farmer pointed him to the building with the Legion’s banners. Julius entered and spoke to Maro: “I was almost assassinated by a member of the Dark Brotherhood. I killed the fool and found this note on his body.” Julius showed the note and Maro seemed estatic. He said: “I was searching for this for months! We have to go to Falkreath, their sanctuary is there. Julius nodded and wrote a short note to Tullius: “I’m going to Falkreath, destroying the Brotherhood, Commander Maro has asked it. Back in a few days, Julius.” Julius handed the letter over to a courier and asked Maro: “With how much?” The man replied: “Ten, we are the Emperor’s protectors. By the way, who are you? I am Publius Maro, and this is my son, Gaius Maro.” Julius responded: “I am Gaius Julius Caesar, Tribune in the Imperial Legion. This is my dog, Achilles. Pleased to meet you.” The men departed to Falkreath and arrived in the night. Publius rented a few rooms at the inn and they slept for a few hours. Maro woke Julius and the dog up, and they searched the forest for a door. Achilles was barking at the door, so Maro and his son ran towards the door. He said: “Ah, this is the famed door. We need to open it and it will ask us a question.” Julius tried to open the door, and an otherworldly voice said: “What’s the music of life?” Gaius Maro said: “Silence, my brother.” The men gathered and took the sanctuary out. They caught the assassins on surprise, so they were taken out fairly easy. Julius saw among the dead the jester, called Cicero. He felt sad for a second, but the man could have killed him. Julius and the two Maro’s searched the place for hints and notes. Julius found a business ledger and looked more carefully: His name stood there, with as client an unreadable name, but what was more important, was this: “Emperor Titus Mede II, client: Amaund Motierre.” Julius shouted for Maro and said: “Look at this, someone wanted to kill the Emperor.” Publius gasped and replied: “By the Nin-Eight, Amaund Motierre is a member of the Elder Council and one of the Emperor’s trusted men.” I am going to inform him! That traitor must die! You will be rewarded, return with me to Dragon bridge.” Julius nodded, thinking about Brutus, how he reached Tamriel from Rome. The spectres departed to Dragon Bridge. When they arrived, Maro said: “well, about your reward, let’s see, what about 3000 Septims and the Emperor’s sign of honor?” Julius nodded again and Publius Maro tossed him a sack of gold over. Publius said: “I officially reward you now with the Emperor’s sign of honor. I will inform Titus Mede II. If you ever need any help, and we have resources to spare, I would like to do so.” Maro handed him the sign over and Julius clipped it proudly on the leather part of his armor. The sign was a clip with the logo of the Tamrielic Empire and an inscription: “The Empire is Law, Law is sacred.” Julius walked tired back to Solitude and walked to the barracks. He didn’t have time to unstrap his armor, and just fell asleep, while wearing it.

Last edited:

Pompey

[Reserved for future posts]

Pompey

Pompey

Pompey