Open The Frozen Hearth Tavern and Inn

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Ooc: In that case, no problem.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    As the spell wared off, baroth stood back up. He walked over to a table and sat. "That's what get for trying to help." He said,ordering some Mead.

LordNaskill

(OCC i got bored wanted to add some fight don't need the guys any way after all baroth and me had a fight a pilgrims palace)

Camrick headed through the town of Winterfell, irritated by the attitude of the Professors at the College. As was the norm, his well researched theories and papers had been rejected without any consideration. He was close to a breakthrough, he could feel it in his bones. But the college had grown very conservative with its funding and refused to grant it to a study of the reported location of a Dwemer city. Center of learning indeed. He thought to himself. The clicks of his Izzy, His Dwemer spider, walking down the street behind him matched the pace of his heavy heart. On a whim he walked into the local tavern. Why am I doing this? He thought. I never drink. He sat down at a table, with Izzy taking her position as a foot-rest automatically. He waved a waitress over and asked for a Cyrodilic brandy. Only when she started laughing did Camrick remeber he was in a pub in the most backwater region of Skyrim, Not a club in his beloved DaggerFall. Quickly covering his mistake, Camrick asked for a local stout. When she returned he handed her a few coins and grimaced at the dank liquid in his mug. As he downed his first awful drink of alchol, Camrick noticed someone sit down in front of him. "Hello. I would wish you a good evening but I doubt it is possible to have one in this hell-hole" He said, grimly.

LordNaskill

Simple lanterns flicked on and off as the storm that was passing was harsh and deathly cold Utadeek hooded and walking slowly as his rough scaly tail lightly dragged in the snow showing he was tired a bit as he slumped his body around shaking his head as he reached the door to the inn and he looked around and cracked his neck, Once the hood was off the Argonians red scaly face was seen with several horns intruding from the back of his head to his forehead all somehow pushed back.His piecing yellow eyes searched almost as his snow covered robes covered him still he walked off finding a seat near the counter as he had finished assessing the situation. Utadeek's teeth were slightly covered in blood as he ordered an ale and drank in in one not breathing as he drank just gulping the tasteless piss water down his throat, Once finished he rested his arms on the the counter having sat on the southern end of it his hands raced through his robe until they pulled out an oddly coloured book with a marking of the dadric symbol on it and he held it well trying to cover the symbol s he ordered another piss water ale and slowly drank and read not paying attention to the people.

Author's Notes: As the last post was in 2013, I feel safe in making a new thread. I'm cool for any old posters to have a revival, but my post is open to any ideas. No Power Playing meant, but certain liberties were taken with arguably inconsequential NPC's to facilitate the overall story.

Drea saw the far off lights twinkling in the rosy sunset like diamonds set with pink opals and thoughT of home. Of her sweet, wise mother and the warm steady voice that said ,"Now sweet, just cause you can make the snowflakes glow pink and spell Kristoff's name doesn't mean you should go and do that willy nilly. And in front of old Tulbra! Dear, you know she and the Jarl are awful scared of magic."

Drea chuckled at the ghost of her mother's voice as she raised the pale staff in her left hand. The blue globe atop it swirled and glowed softly, then suddenly grew bright as Drea called upon it to strengthen her magicks. After weeks in the bitter cold wilds Drea was more then eager to breach Winterhold's gates before sundown, and with a little help from her magick she could alter her physical limitations to make that wish a reality.

The little wolf pup at her feet gave a sharp yip at the stir in natural energies, and Drea looked down almost impitently at it.

"Oh, very well then." she hastily scooped the little she-wolf into the crook of her arm before she compelted the spell and sped off toward Winterhold's snowy gates.

"Hey! No dogs! Take it outside!"

Drea had barely had time to shake the wet snow from her heavy fur pelt before the old shrew behind the bar began barking at her. Drea made a show of looking wide eyed at the mistress of the house before popping her mouth open in a silent "Oh" and turning to the tiny wolf pup she had daintily set on the buffet table by the inn door.

"Deepest apologies, my lady, :Drea simpered with a thick smile that didn't reach her stormy blue eyes. "But this here is a service wolf. Lets me know if I'm about to uncontrollably start launching fireballs everywhere."

The sour Nord woman's eyes flicked to the quietly glowing staff at Drea's back, then settled back on Drea with an added edge. Her moements grew slightly more nervous as Drea continued," Safer for everyone, you know."

"Your that...stranger," the barkeep said, "The one Rolff warned me about."

Before the barkeep could react, Drea was at her counter, so close that the old Nord could see the dried blood upon Drea's face and wonder why it looked like artistic war paint.

"Why don't we introduce ourselves?" Drea said politely, though her smile was borderline maniacal. "My name is Drea Owl-born, and I've just had a very long, hard journey. Won't you let me buy some of your spiced wine Mistress...?"

"Elda," the barkeep said after a short pause. "Be right up, mam."

"Oh,"Drea called after her, playing idly with her thick braid "A haunch of venison for my pup. Extra bloody."

By the time Drea and her wolf pup had eaten, the night time hour was young. When the lithe little barmaid swung by Drea she ordered a bottle of Alto and pulled an elegant, if dusty, looking tome from her pack. The night was young, Drea didn't sleep, and she was in an exciting city. Surely something would catch her ear in that roomy stone inn while the snow beat against the thick glass panes.

Kim243

In a thick, fine coat, a burly orc stepped out of her room, a broad grin on her face. She cupped her calloused hands around her mouth and called, "Oi! Listen up!" As heads started to turn towards her and some of the murmurs quieted, she called, in a quieter tone, "Right, then. If anyone is looking for work, and don't mind a bit of rough trekking and possibly some bloodshed, come speak with me." She took a seat towards the back of the room, at a mostly empty table. She opened her arms wide, her smile wider, and leaned back, waiting for potential people to accompany her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts