• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Finally finishing the beef stew, I stand and pop my back, hearing the satisfying crack. 'When will Micael be back? Soon I hope'. "Wolf" I say, and the small pup come running into the room. "Wanna go outside?" He yips and starts jumping around happily. Deciding that's where I'll wait for Micael, right in front of the Inn

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "...and here, this could be mistaken for filigree but they are in fact magika pathways!" the museum curator chatters excitedly. Micael stands beside him as his shield is laid out on the table the curious man using what looks like refined glass making the details look much larger. A mage light floats over head spilling bright white light across the table.

"You see the enchantments of the dwemer still far exceed our own capabilities. Enchantment now infuse the magical essence into the entirety of the object. The dwemer however carved these patterns across the object directing the magika, much like a canal might control the flow of water!"

"Are you saying that my shield may be enchanted?" Micael looks down quizically.

"Why of course! Enchantment was common practice among the dwemer, to the point that even many mundane objects possessed some level of enchantment. The issue is that by time they are found most of the artifacts latent magika has disipitated."

"So how would you go about restoring it?" Micael's scholarly curiosity giving way to genuine excitement.

"That's the beauty of it! The artifacts can be recharged much the same way as out own enchantments. However most scholars are hesitant to do so as there is no way of telling what type of enchantment was held until it is restored."

The two go on for hours before Micael is able to peel himself away. The soul gem he bought had been expensive sure enough but it was worth it. His shield now simmered slightly with what as far as they could determine was itself a shield spell! Allowing a chance(although they could not determine to what degree) to bounce aggressive spells back at their sender!

As Micael walks down the stone steps he feels something wet hit his face. Looking up, the clouds which were previously over cast were letting loose the first few droplets of rain. "Uh oh, I better hurry." Holding his shield above his head Micael heads back to the inn taking the steps two at a time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Smelling the air I could tell hours before that it would rain. "Where could that man be? He couldn't have gotten roped up in talking to the court Mage could he? I'm sure he'd be interested in Micael's shield..." Quietly bickering to myself, I barely notice the small rain drops falling down or the man in question looking right at me as I talk to myself. "Micael! Y-your back! I had made breakfast to thank you but it's long since been cold so I fed your half to Wolf. But if you'll follow me to the room, I have dinner cooking, hope you like Vegtable soup. The old couple that owns the Inn said vegetables help with washing out things that shouldn't be in your body, so I made some to get the rest of the poison out. So what had you so caught up? Sight seeing I presume?"

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael's face beams beneath his shield. "You could say that. I knew I got a deal off the man in Solitude but now I feel I positively robbed him."

Micael walks inside with Ash recounting his day and settling into a particularly hearty vegetable stew.

"-mmm. Bye the way how are you feeling? No lingering stiffness in the joints or other I'll effects I hope. The apothecary said there shouldn't be but I wonder sometimes." Digging in another large spoonful Micael grunts appreciatively again, "And have you seen Soridius? He's missing out on this amazing stew! I swear the man is always off on his own."

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    "I haven't seen him since I woke up, he's more of a loner than I am I see." Sighing "I'm afraid our dinner will have to take a serious note... In the morning I will have to go look for, For the woman who last saw the Dragonborn... She moved to Markarth when dragons burned down Helgan, I believe she helped him escape there alive." Looking down dread settles in my heart, I know I will not like what, she has to say... "She, she was his lover after that, he helped buy her a home here, the worst part" That I can say out loud "Will be speaking to the Jarl to see if she still lives here, and where..."

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "Right then, sleep well." As Ash wander to her room for some sleep Micael sits contemplative in the inn near the fire place. He grabs himself a bottle of mead and pours it slowly staring into the fire.

Where had Soridius wandered off too? And what had Ash so on edge about her contact and the Jarl of Markarth?

Taking a long slow sip Micael's mind touched back on his original mission, to secure the loyalties of the holds and their Jarls. Two birds with one stone perhaps?

As the night grows late Micael continues to drink and think until sleep finally takes him, seated in his chair before the fireplace.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    That morning I rise with the sun as always, Wolf laying at my side. "Come on boy, wanna go outside?" He perks his ears up and tilts his little head. "Wanna go watch the sunrise?" Something about how I said son has him off running out into the Inn, me following with a curse 'I didn't think the pup would be this excited.' Upon seeing my the old barkeep laughs "That Breton you have with you, he fell asleep by the fire last night, I had to have my son drag him to bed. Would you like me to go get him?" I pause, 'Should I just get my audience with the Jarl over with? No, Micael would most likely be upset upset... He seems to have business with the Jarls...' "No, that's quite alright." I say "But you could leave a message for me when he wakes up? Tell him I'll be watching the sun rise. And that I'll be able to see when he come out of the Inn, also make him a hearty breakfast would you?" I say as I put a bag of coins on the table. "Alright Miss, I'll tell him. Hope the sunrise is as pretty as possible for you." Nodding in thanks I head out the door, Wolf trotting happily beside me.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael is roused from his sleep by the fire by the smells of cooking sausage and the sound of activity. As his eyes ease open they are stung by the low light of the inn but aside from a slightly throbbing head he felt now worse for ware.

Walking up to the bar counter he gestures to the inn keeper, "I'll have some of that sausage some fresh bread and some milk, thank you."

The inn keeper gives a small snort of laughter as he prepares the meal. Setting it in front of Micael he speaks, "That Bosmer friend of yours is already up. She wanted you to know she stepped out to catch the sunrise. You shouldn't be too late if you head off soon."

Micael grunts appreciatively as drinks his milk and begins devouring his breakfast dabbing up the grease with the bread. He takes his things and takes them into his room proper before changing into regular, although well kept clothing and slings his shield over his back.

As he steps out of the inn he is greeted to the sounds of the city waking up. Merchants setting up there stalls and haggling with caravan traders. Men and women heading to work in the mines and children scampering amongst there legs. Micael takes a deep breath of the chill air that is just beginning to warm with the fresh dawns light and he looks around for Ash.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Sighing as the sun finally comes out of hiding, I stand. "Come now Wolf, I've procrastinated out here long enough. Time to find Micael and get to work..." Sighing again I start down the steps from the Guards Watchtower, as it's the highest place in the city to see the sunrise.
    "Surely Micael is awake by now right Wolf?" The pup sniffs around and looks back towards the door of the Inn. Sure enough Micael has just walked out the door, smiling to myself I plan to play a little trick on the poor unexpecting man. Climbing down the rock face, Wolf having decided to take the stairs, I'm right above him and I jump to the ground, right in front of his face. "Morning!" I yell laughing at his shocked expression.

TheDovahkin

I wake up. The sun is streaming in through my window. I close my eyes again, what a wonderful dream I was having. I could lay in bed forever, but no, I must get on with the chores life gives you. I dress and go to get breakfast, when I sit down at the bar and order breakfast Micael comes out of his room. "G'morning." I grunt. "Morning!" He says brightly. He walks out of the door and I hear Ash shoot Morning! I chuckle.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Watching Micael fall on his but in shock was quite funny. But it was time for work. "I must go see the Jarl, I know Micael will most likely come with me-" hearing a whine I look down at Wolf "and Wolf, but what about you Soridius? What plans have you today?"

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    When Ash drops in front of him, almost comically he falls back on his ass. "By the Divines you scared me!" He stands up slowly dusting himself off. "Yes it's good to see you again Soridius. I almost thought we lost you when we got into town."

Turning back to Ash, "Is there something we should know about this Jarl? You seemed some what nervous about this meeting last night..."
    Micael trails off and looks at his clothing. "I'm not under dressed am I?"

TheDovahkin

"Not sure. Might come with you to ask the Steward about any bandits I can go and slaughter. No Micael I don't think your under dressed."

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    I laugh "No the Jarl will talk bad about you anyway, so if anything, stand there and look scary," I look to Soridius "Won't be too hard for you will it then? Maybe you could give Micael some pointers." A whine catches my attention "Ah Wolf, I'm afraid you might have to stay here... The Jarl own two fully grown War Hounds, I'm not sure they'd take too kindly to you little buddy." He whines and looks at me sadly, for once it pulls at my heart strings. "Oh fine you mutt, come along if you must." I look back at the two men beside me "I'm afraid when we get there, I'll be needing to talk to the Jarl alone... We, have private business to attend to..." I trail off in thought. Really I don't want to go in alone. He's very shifty... "It all leads to where the Dragonborn went I assure you... Now are you ready to go?"

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    "Alright then, now a few Thalmor do reside in the keep, so don't attack them please? That's what happened the last time I came here. It's also why I have to talk to the Jarl alone. For a few minutes at least. " I pause for a minute thinking. "He'll probably have some task for us to do before he'll give me the information we need. Probably taking care of some Forsworn. Anyway, it's not too difficult to fight those savages, So Micael, I do notice you have some business with thre Jarls, what's that's about?"

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "Well our current goal overshadows it but I was sent to evaluate the different holds. The people, their dispositions, loyalties and resources. Markarth is...difficult. The Jarl seems loyal but the Silver-blood family is too powerful and hold too much sway here. And they very much support Ulfric. It makes sense though given he led the retaking of the city."

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    "Yes if I dare say it, Markarth is quite corrupt, as is Riften. When the coin flows, a person will do just about anything." I pause right outside the doors to the keep. "Once we get in there he may have a few snide remarks, just ignore him. Micael if you still need to talk to him, I'd advise taking to his Steward. As Igmund will most likely not be in a talking mood after our 'little chat'. Unless I've failed. Then we'll probably have to do some remedial task set up for us. I said Forsworn but it really could be anything." Petting wolf on the head I look back at the men "Now are you sure your with me? Because after this, I'll need all the help I can get? What say you? Are we all together on this?"

TheDovahkin

"I'm with you, whilst you talk to the Jarl I'll wait a bit behind." We enter the keep and I stand by a door into a storage cupboard whilst Ash talks to the Jarl. Suddenly, a hand covers my mouth and I'm dragged into the cupboard. A knife is held by my throat whilst another man gags me. I try to pull away but my hands have been tied up, as I struggle the man with the knife pushes harder into my neck. I feel him draw blood, nothing serious yet. He takes the knife away and pulls a piece of paper out of his pocket, it has a picture of Ash and Micael on it. He speaks in a deep, husky voice "Is this the Ash and Micael you are traveling with?" I stay completely still, I wouldn't give him any information. He gets the knife and digs it deep into the back of my hand. I try to scream but the gag holds it in my throat. "Answer me scum!" He spits in my face. I will never give anything away. He growls and plunges the knife deep into my stomach and runs out of the room.

I hear guards shouting and Ash's gasp if surprise. She rushes into the cupboard, closely followed by Micael, both with looks of deep shock on their faces. Ash bends down and un-gags me, she talks to me.

OOC- Hey guys, I don't mind whether Soridius dies or not. I could come back as his brother seeking revenge and I team up with you or something. Thanks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts