• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Skyrim has been plagued by chaos what with the Dominion, The Civil War, and the Dragons, but now a new enemy has arisin in the darkness and people have been going missing-more than usual. The Hero, Dragonborn answered the call and was last seen riding off into the wilds. No one has seen him since. Many think he may have perished. The Jarls have all permitted gold for the return of the Dragonborn, or proof that he is dead.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Cast:
    TheDreamersverse(me)-Ashryn Fenmoria

TheDovakin- Soridius

Mirro09- Micael Reinhart
    -----------------------------------------------

I've been tracking the bear for a few days now and it's as if it's just vanished... All the way from Falkreath to the forests of what feels like Solitude. I stop to survey my surroundings and crouch lower when I hear a twig snap to my left. Creeping in that direction I smell the scent of copper, blood, and it's new. Practically crawling towards a fallen tree I see the beast in question leaning over a freshly killed Elk. Cautiously I nock an arrow and let it fly unti the nape of the Bears neck, it roars in pain and turn to find the one responsible. As my luck would have it the bear catches me scent and charges in my direction, knowing I don't have enough time to grab another arrow I sprint into the brush once again, running to find a sociable tree that the bear won't be able to knock me off of. I talk tree to my right looks just tall enough. I grab onto the branch and swing myself into the tree seconds before I hear a very loud anal of jaws right where my foot had been. Climbing the tree as high as I can without my weight snapping any branches I look down, and see the bear taming the tree with his front paws. I nock another arrow and let it fly into the Bears side. Another painful roar deafens my ears. Unfortunately the tree has decided the bear to too strong a foe and the trunk starts to snap. 'Ah! Think, think!' Right as I start to fall out of the tree, I launch myself into the Bears back. Grabbing it by the scruff I my other hand fumbles for the dagger at my belt to stab the beast. As my hand touches the knifes hilt the bear swings his powerful head back and grabs my arm in the short teeth. It pulls me off and launches me into the tree where I hear a sickening snap. My head begins to get foggy with the beginnings of unconscious. The bear again roars and charges, I reach for my Glass Biw and load another arrow, I grab as tight as I can, the bear is so close now. The world is spinning so much I don't think I will keep my lunch down, I take aim. The bear is nearly 6 feet from me when I loose the arrow and it implants itself into the monsters skull, the momentum of the bear still sends it forward. Stopping about a foot away from my feet. I sigh as the darkness consumes my mind.
    ---------------------------------------------
    5 days later,
    "Sorex boy! Go get another rag, her fever is still very high!" The Imperial nods and runs out of the room. Angelina the town healer/apothecary is leaning over a mortar and pestle grinding some more herbs to help with the smallish girls pain. "Why won't she wake up Ange? Is she going to die?" The older man whispers. "No! You mustn't think like that, after all this poor girl has been through! There is not a thing in my shop I wouldn't use to heal her with! Plus Her Majesty said she would repay everything in my shop. Lord knows how much that woman's done for all of us..."

The old woman looks down at the girl and smiles fondly, reminded of her late daughter, she refused to let this girl die. Couldn't think of how much it would kill everyone in the city to know she was gone. Angelina focuses back on her work, praying she's going to have enough time. Not but a minute later she hears a small groan of pain. Rushing to the bed she takes the girls hand in her own. "Ashryn... Sweetie, do you remember what happened to you?" Ashryn attempts to speak only to let out a dry cough. Corpus us grabs the tankard filled with water and help the young girl sit up to take a drink.

When she's drained the whole thing she speaks up "Jarl of Falkreath said a bear had, a-attacked a small child. I went after it. Finally tracked it somewhere nearby and tried to ambush it, he ended up dead, I ended up with a few more scars I'm guessing?" I say with shakey laughter. Corpulus glares down at me "Darnit lass you had us all worried to death!" I roll my eyes in mock annoyance. "Sorry 'Dad' " I laugh. Angelina rolls her eyes at my childish response. "Well they do say laughter is the best medicine. Now on to the healing part of that. You missy are going to remain in this bed for 3 days, no exceptions, after that your ribs should be healed enough that walking around shouldn't bother you too much." "Only 3 day-" "THEN, you going to remain here for a week until your arm is fine for you to protect yourself." "What?!" She smiles "You know I can't stay in one place that long... Pleas-" "No, and don't try puppy dog eyes on anyone else here, they've all agreed that you need time to heal. We've also notified the guard that you are to not be allowed outside the gate until that time has come to pass." I growl in annoyance. 'They can't just keep me here!'

Last edited:

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael is slammed awake as the cart comes to a sudden halt. Blinking the sleep from his eyes he looks around at the mist covered town of Falkreath. Picking up his dwarven shield and his pack containing his few meager belongings Micael hops out and pays the carriage driver. Micael shrugs in his heavy iron armor and makes sure his Imperial Sword remains hidden beneath his fur cloak. The civil war is getting worse rather than better and the loss of the Dragonborn has seen the dragons running rampant across Skyrim. With this in mind the Empire has chosen a more subtle approach in securing allies amongst the jarls.

And so they send me, and a handful of other auxiliary to these damned holds.
    Micael thinks to himself. The auxiliaries don't wear the imperial colors and if things go sour, they can be denied by the Empire as nothing more than a sympathizer. As he walks down the town's central avenue he takes in all he can. Defenses, businesses, the people's disposition. All of this could be valuable information should Falkreath ultimately be an ally or enemy.

Before long Micael finds his way to the inn, the Dead Man's Drink, and sits himself at the bar ordering a mead and sifting through the chatter of the patrons for clues of what comes next.

TheDovahkin

Soridius was sitting at the bar when Micael sits next to him. He chuckles, "We're wearing the same armour, isn't that funny!" He laughs. The barkeep looks up and says to Micael "Don't worry Mister, he's just had a few too many drinks. Actually I'm going to send him down to the apothecary. Although, he might bother that poor girl." Soridius retched and a sickening splatter echoed around the inn. "Yes, I will send him."
    -------------------------------------------------
    Soridius stumbles out of the inn and falls through the door into the apothecary, smashing it to pieces. When he gets up he looks around, when he sees Angelina he says "Ahah! I knew you'd be here! They say I need summit, 'parrently I'm too drunk." And he retched again.
    "Yes, I think you need something." Angelina said and whilst she fetched a potion Soridius looked at Ash. "Oh hello you! I think I've seen you before! Wait, wait, nope, that was a potato." He chuckled. "Who are you then?"

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael watched the large Regard stumble out of the front of the inn, apparently toward the apothecary. "Oblivion take me you can't just leave well enough alone." Micael whispers under his breath.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I walk out of the door to follow the Redgard and make sure he doesn't make too much trouble when I see him fall physically THROUGH the door. I rush over to help the Redgard and the poor apothecary giving them a hand. "Come now friend if you were a sailor I'd think you didn't have your sea legs. Let's get you a seat and something to take that edge off." As I help the large man into a seat I visually look him over for weapons and alcohol which in this case may be the more dangerous of the two.

TheDovahkin

"OI!" Soridius roared at Micael "Why did you nick my armour you filthy little thief!" And he drew his sword and clanged it against his armour. "Hang on! It's you! The one with the same armour! We have the same armour, isn't that funny!" He chuckled. Angelina gave him a potion and he looked up at her. "This better be some good old Nord Mead."
    "Oh don't worry it is, now drink up!" Angelina said. Soridius raised the bottle to his lips and downed it in one. "Aaaah," He said and shook his head. "What just happened?" He asked and you could hear that he was now sober. "You got drunk and almost killed this man." Angelina said. "Oh, well sorry old friend." He patted Micael on the shoulder and the chair legs creaked. "Who is this girl?" Soridius gestured towards Ash.
    "She is another patient, she was wounded whilst saving the town from a bear."
    "Ahah! Another warrior, well I'm sure we will get along well! Sorry if I said anything rude to you dear." He added to Ash."So, who are you great warrior? And who are you?" He asked Micael.
    -------------------------------------------------
    OOC: I'm switching to first person!

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    A few weeks have passed and my body has started to feel better as a whole. It's just a normal day in Falkreath. Since the town still wouldn't let me leave, I'd been staying with the apothecary, since one, it's her fault I can't leave. And two I wanted to learn more about potions. It was just something I had never wanted to stay in one place and learn. Turns out it's all really simple! It probably also helps that I'm a fast learner.

Cutting me out of my thoughts a large, drunk, Redguard literally falls THROUGH the DOOR. Looks at the poor Apothecary and vomits on the floor. My cringe come with a little bit of a gag as I look away from the man. He mumbles something and looks right at me. He suddenly screams "I think I've seen you before! Wait, wait nope that was a potato." Did this man just call me a potato? Seriously? Seeing my unamused face he laughs. "Who are you then?"
    "Why I don't think I'm go-" I'm suddenly cut off by a Breton running into the shop aswell. Grabbing the Redguard and helping him up he says "Come now friend! If you were a sailor I'd think you haven't got your land legs!" Chuckling at the mans words I don't hear what else he says, but his intention is clear as he brings the man to a chair. Suddenly the Redguard mumbles sow thing about a Theif and iron armor. He jumps up and take a swing at the Breton. He sucks and makes the man sit back down again. The Drunk then laughs something about the same armor and I'm just fed up at this point. I go and grab the potion from the elderly woman. She winces at how my face looks as I practically splash the potion into the mans face. "Come now!" I say "Have you sobered up enough yet?!"
    Before I can storm off they start another conversation, apparently about ME. "Who is this girl." "She was wounded from saving the twin from a bear!" "Now now," I say having calmed down to even think of the drunkards action funny-not including the vomit on the ground. That I was NOT going to clean up. "I wouldn't say I saved the town, just killed a bear. Nothing special about that. I'm sure these men have better thi-" I was AGAIN cut off. "Now you!" The old woman says "That bear almost made off with my grandson! He was playing by the gates, the guards weren't paying attention and the bear almost got him! Luckily Ashryn was here or else he would be gone!" She crosses her arms and walks out of the room leaving me with then two men. "You know what. I'm done, I'm HEALED! And I'm I LEAVING." Walking upstairs into the room I slept in I started to pack my things. "They haven't even let me outside... The wind has been calling me for too long anyway, there's something I need to do. Even if I don't know how to yet..."

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael watches the back and forth between the apothecary and the young Bosmer girl as she storms off. "I think she down plays herself. Taking on a bear alone isn't exactly a minor feat." He now turns back to the Redgard who is looking much more clear headed. "I'm Micael Reinhart, sword for adventurer for hire. I came here looking for work and gods be good an audience with the jarl." As he's talking Micael begins pushing the kindling that remains of the door into a small pile to the side. Now looking to the apothecary, "I don't suppose you know of anything of the sort? Bandits, the undead...drunkards." Micael finishes giving the Redgard a playful grin.

TheDovahkin

"Well if you need anyone to help you kill those bandits, the undead and drunkards I can help. I'm Soridius, a sellsword. I'm a professional at getting drunk as well. Also," I looked at Angelina. "I will clean this up and get you a new door, I found out that they pay quite a bit if I kill bandits down here." Ash comes back into the room and she attempts to walk out of the door. I stop her and say wait. "What do you want?" She snapped.
    "I want to say sorry, and congratulations on killing a bear on your own. I would be honoured to fight at your side, do you have any adventures planned. And I'm sure Micael here would give up on the Jarl to come, if you do." Micael opens his mouth but I stamp on his foot. "What do you say?"

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    I look up at the tall Redguard as he apologized. He seems like he is very sorry and wants to start things over. I sigh in defeat, knowing I was a little to hard on the two men. "I'm very sorry as well. I was probably a little unfair to you, although it was fun to see you in a drunken ramble, please just do not get drunk enough to break another door." I heard something about Bandits before I came back into the room. Bandits are nothing more than flies under my boot. Where was I going? Now that I could leave... "If you two will give me a moment." I say as I walk out of the door. Smelling the air has the same effect it always has in Falkreath, the smell of sweet rolls cooking at the inn. There's also some deer not to far away. Looking towards the gate for the first time in weeks, I see my chance to escape, if I so wish. As much as I hate to admit it, my arm is not fully healed and my ribs are still bruised. "Possibly I can just stay with these two until I'm healed, then leave in the night and again go where ever I please." Slightly nodding my head I walk back into the shop. "You are wanting to go after Bandits I believe? Well before... Before the bear I was actually on my way to Solitude, I had gotten a message from the steward saying the High Queen requests and audience with me. I already know what her majesty will ask. She needs a group of Heros to go look for the Dragonborn. I was traveling to Markarth first since I know one of his colleagues are somewhere in the city. I will be leaving in the morning. I will be in the woods until sunrise. Please do not follow me." Then as mysterious as ever, I get up grab my bag and walk out the 'door'.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael races out the door after the Bosmer girl his heart racing as he runs to get close enough that no one else can hear him. He jumps in her path and and in a barely contained whisper hisses,

"You have information on where the Dragonborn has disappeared too?!? If you're not playing us false I NEED to come with you. Glory and gold be damned. Am I clear how important this is?"

Micael's intense eyes reflect the forest of Falkreath at his back as he searches the elves eyes for affirmation. As he does so he makes a subtle show of sweeping back the edge of his cloak revealing the Imperial Sword at his side for just a moment.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    As I'm am once again abruptly stopped. I growl "Yes! I have valid information that someone of importance to the Dragonborn was moved there for their safety. I will take you with me in the morning if you so please, now before I get more angry than I already am I suggest that you move out of my way. That town is too stuffy for my likes, now." Before the Redguard can say anything else I run off in the other direction. Climbing into a sturdy tree to watch for signs of pursuit. Waiting for a while I realize he may have actually gone back to the town. Finally some time ALONE after all theses weeks... Now I can finally breathe, hear, and see everything around me. I sign and start down the tree going ever further in the growing darkness. At least now I have some backup, perhaps that Redguard will join us aswell... Better keep him away from the Alcohol.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    I shake my head as once again the Bosmer races off. As likely as it is she will disappear in the night it is the closest lead I have to finding the Dragonborn. I was sent to gain the jarl's loyalty but if there is a chance the Dragonborn could come back...well it is certainly top priority. And If the High Queen is looking it is probably on General Tullius' suggestion.
    Walking back through the town I go back to the apothecary.
    "It seems your little elf is a wayward spirit." He says to the apothecary. "I'll be accompanying her to Markarth in the morning, in the mean time I would like to buy a few healing potions and...three for magicka regeneration." Turning to the Redgard, "She's leaving in the morning for Markarth, I take it you're ready for a real challenge? I take it you're as good in a fight as you look?"

TheDovahkin

"Oh trust me, I could kill a hundred bandits with a blindfold on. You don't need to worry when with me." I said and drew myself up to my full height. I was easily above 7 foot and I towered above Micael. "I will accompany you on your journey, I will fight to the death with you, I will never leave a man behind! Now when are we leaving?" Turning to Angelina I say "What is the girls name? I will need to use it throughout the journey."
    "Her name is Ashryn, but most call her Ash."
    "Thank you, I have always liked the name Ash. I shall see if I like the person as much as the name, she does have a warriors spirit, just like me!

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "Well it certainly puts my mind at ease at least knowing our allies name. Ashton said she would be leaving for Markarth in the morning but from the way she ran off I don't suppose she will be staying in town through the night." I rummage through my bag rearranging items until with a sigh I realize that the potions I bought will barely first and will likely break if left inside.
    "Excuse me Miss..."
    "Angelina" The apothecary replies.
    "Yes, Miss Angelina. do you know where I might get some leatherwork done in town? Specifically would like a bandolier or something of the sort."
    Angelina pauses for just a moment before replying"Well it may not seem proper but our blacksmith Lod does some leather work too. He doesn't have a sign up but it's the first house on the left from here, the one with the forge. It's quite hard to miss."
    I begin to head out the door and as I do now looking to Soridius,
    "I need to have something made up at the smith, I don't know if you need anything but I plan on spending my evening at the inn with a belly full of brandy. I expect I will see you there oh fierce warrior?"
    Micael then proceeds to go next door to Lod's house and pays to have a bandolier made up to hold his potions. After a little negotiation and application of gold he is able to get Lod to begin work immediately who tells him he should be finished late this evening, but to pick it up in the morning.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    The next morning
    Ah finally got a good nights rest. Even if I was in a tree. Heading back towards the town I hear a whimpering coming from the right. I pull out my bow and cautiously creep towards the strange sound.
    At first glance it seems to be coming from a cave, upon closer inspection the whimpers get louder until they are almost cries. Looking around the mouth of the cave I still can't see where the sounds come from. Suddenly the cries stop and something dashes in front of me. Following it closely we come to the back of the cave, well the den.
    Sitting right in front of me is a baby wolf, crouched in front of its dead mother.
    My heart aches at the small animals pain. I crouch down and whimper at the small thing, unable to catch the human scent from me the small grey fur ball runs into my arms. Suddenly realizing that I am a threat he growls at me. "Hush you." I say quietly. I look back at the mother and lightly shake my head, "Some great adventurer must have done this..." Looking back at the small quivering pup in my arms I make a split second change of heart, "You are coming with me. " Once more I head towards the town, it's only dawn by the time I make it to the gates.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael sits at the bar at the inn and looks nauseously at eggs and venison sausage sat in front of him before forcing himself to take another bite. The food is good but that doesnt keep his head from spinning. Reaching into his bag he pulls out a small leather pouch and pops a clove of garlic and a sprig of frost merriam into his mouth and starts chewing. Somehow the garlic cuts through the hangover and the frost merriam...well helps with the garlic smell. Feeling a bit better he fishes out a small map from his pack looking over the route to Markarth while eating his breakfast.

Satisfied with the food and that he's planned as well as he could for as little he knows he thefts his pack over his shoulders and rests his dwarven shield over that, heading to Lod's to pick up his bandolier. The craftsmanship is impressive considering the short time frame and he tips the nord a few extra gold pieces before heading back to the front of the inn. He leans against the hitching post and takes a small sip from his own personal flask. "Here's to hoping I'm not a fool in trusting this elf girl."

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    "I prefer to be called a woman as I am no longer a child. And I can tell that your not much older than me." The small wolf in my arms growls at the new presence, as he had been asleep in my arms for most of the trip back to the town. "Hush now pup." He immediately pulls his ears back and whimpers. I sigh "Of course your hungry. Let us get you some food." Walking into the tavern I get stares from all around. Yes yes, because you have nothing better to do. It's not like people have been going missing, dragons have returned, and there's a Civil War. No just go ahead and stare at the Bosmer with the wolf. Walking up to the bar, "Um, I'm sorry but we can't allow anim-" "I'll take some cooked beef and make it snappy, I have a journey ahead and don't have time for your rules." I say flatly "Why you! Who do you think you are! Talking to people like that! Why I outta-" before I can cut this man off myself the blacksmith, Lod, speaks "Aye barkeep! This is the gal that killed the bear. I'd be best if you got her what she wants so she can get to her business." I nod at the man and mouth a thanks. He waves me off with a grin. The barkeep growls "What was it you said you wanted Miss?" "Some cooked beef, and a jug of warm milk if you please, I don't very well know if he's old enough to be away from his mother without some kind of milk..." I wander off into my thoughts. The man leaves and comes back with two bowls, beef, and the milk. It's a little warmer than roomtemperature but it should do nicely. I walk back outside to see the Breton still standing there. Sitting on the porch I place the small pup down and as soon as I put both the milk into the bowl and the beef, and place them, the small pup is eating fiercely. "Woah slow down little fella, don't want to get to full-we've a long trip ahead." "You Breton, i don't know your name but you seem a reliable man. Could you watch this pup for me while I have a chat with the blacksmith? I must get something to keep him from running off. It would be much appreciated." I look up at the man as I await his answer.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "The Name is Micael Reinhart." I extend my hand to shake Ash's. "And I suppose I could watch your pup for you while you get sorted for the road. And I, uh *cough* apologize at the girl remark. I've been deceived more than once and it seemed likely as any you'd told me you were leaving in the morning to get me out of your way." He grumbles a bit to himself and takes another swig from his flask and it's hard to tell if the flush coming to his face is the brandy of genuine embarrassment. "At any rate your pup is safe hear while you get set."

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    "Thank you, Micael Reinhart, I'm not sure if you know my name or not yet but my name is Ashryn Fenmoria. I apologize for asking you to watch the pup, I found him a few hours before the sunrise, his mother had been slain. I couldn't just leave him there... It would've been cruel. I may have a hard shell and I may even come off as rude, but I could never be cruel, it's against my nature." I flash him one of my rare dazzling smiles and a small laugh. "He may be quite the pain until I come back although. So I wish you luck!" Walking towards the Blacksmith I notice that the Redguard seems to be absent, perhaps old Anglina is making him fix her door. Now that would be a funny sight! Back to the task at hand. "Lod." I say calmly. He turns from the workbench and greets me "Ah! The spitfire of a lass from the tavern! What can I do for you today?" I notice his eyes roam and resist the urge to growl, as I need to barter with the man. And any advantage is a good advantage... "Yes it is I, and thank you again for talking to the barkeep. But that's not why I'm here, I need you to create something for me. It is of my own design, and I put quite a lot of though into it." As I bend down to search my bag, I feel his eyes practically burning hole through my clothes. I shutter and grab my sketchbook. Ripping out the page carefully I hand it to the man, careful not to make too much contact. "Hmm, this might take me a while. And the price" he looks at me again and smirks, "Will be quite 'high', perhaps you could work alongside me and assist?" I am getting quite fed up with this man and if it wasn't for the pup, I don't think he would have many more teeth... Not that he has many to begin with. I expected as much. "If it will make the work time faster than I will gladly help." He grins as I roll my eyes. "Ok so here's where we will start."
    And hour and a half later~
    "No lass! You must do it like this," bending over me once again, he readjusts my hands on the hammer, right as I swing it. "By the divines!" He screams as the hammer slams into his finger. "Oh my!" I say with my best innocent look "oh dear! I'm so sorry! Please let me help!" "NO! No, it's fine really." He MUST have figured out they aren't accidents at this point. Good. Now he'll keep his hands off me. "I actually think I have a piece somewhere that should fit!" He runs off into his house and returns not a minute later. He put the final piece into the leather strips and bolts it in place. "Then done!" He exclaims. The harness is equipped with, almost saddlebag looking things on the side, so the wolf will still be able to run they are quite small. I straps readjust with a buckle, so it should fit him until he's and adult then heel need something else. "Thank you sir, now about the price?" At the word price his eyes light up, until he looks at all the scrapes and bruises that he's gotten just from me 'helping' him and changes his mind. "Ah, consider it free, at least could I keep the blueprint for it? Some other adventurer could have a pet and want something similar." "Go ahead and keep it, I have no more use for it." Grabbing the harness and leash I walk back towards Micael and the pup. Upon closer inspection I notice a few scratches the Bretons hands and laugh. "Ah I told you he was a feisty one!" Walking up to the pup he wags his tail as he sees me approach. Clipping on the harness does not make him happy though, as he tries to bite my hands until I growl at him. Whimpering he sits still enough for me to put it on him. "Now that's a good boy." Snapping the leash onto the back of the harness, the pup seems to not get that he need to walk with me or else he can't move. "Come now, your smarter than this wolf." He looks at me with an almost accusing manner. Laughing, he finally follows, getting the hang of it quite quickly. "I must thank you again Micael, for watching the pup. I assume all we're doing now would be wait for the Redguard? He is coming with us correct? He seemed to be your companion."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts