• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harc

Big Hog
Haven't seen a thread consisting of the content I intend to post, so I thought I would make one. Do you carry a certain tool with you to work everyday, or do you carry it just to have it on you in case something happens? perhaps for practicality reasons, tactical reasons, workforce reasons, whatever the reason may be, feel free to upload a picture or several, of the tool, or tools that you carry everyday with you on your person!

I carry a knife on me whenever I go out (so long as it's legal to carry wherever I end up) I either open carry a SOG Salute mini, (folding straight edge clip point stainless steel blade) or I conceal carry a Gerber Ghoststrike (fixes straight edge drop point 420HC blade) my reasons for carry: everyday use, and possible self defense tool.

(Pics to be added later due to "server errors")​

Harc

Big Hog
SOG Salute Mini:

IMG_6027_zps5rbphiv4.jpg

IMG_6028_zpsekipdvpa.jpg
IMG_6028_zpsekipdvpa.jpg

IMG_6029_zpscyt2tqti.jpg

Gerber Ghoststrike:
IMG_6040_zpst4oqwx7d.jpg

IMG_6042_zps4g4drl5o.jpg

IMG_6041_zpsxncqmgdw.jpg

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
So, I can reply to this, I guess.

I have anywhere between 2 and 7 knives on me everyday. The two I carry ALL of the time are a pocketknife(I replace this so often that I don't know any specifics) and one of my longer knives(really depends on my preference that day).

My pocket knife is a tool. Half serrated edge for multiple uses, a seat belt cutter(also good for multiple things) and a glass breaker.......which I use more often than I ever thought I would(breaking lots of things). Also, I can throw it with decent accuracy.

The longer knife is for defense. I'm good with a knife. I have experience with a knife. I can throw a knife(3/5 for consistency, I'm getting there). Any single person attempting to assail me has picked the wrong person. With a decent knife any multiple people(I'm comfortable with up to 3 assailants at this point) have picked the wrong person. Of course this isn't accounting for well armed and well trained assailants. I'm not accounting for that.

Soon I'll have a handgun as part of my every day carry loadout. I have one, just need to be comfortable with it(this specific handgun) before I carry it around. For now it lives in my truck(or in the house when I'm home).

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
I don't really carry, because the UK is trying to clamp down on knife crime, and the laws are very very very strict, which is fair enough, I guess. But I always carry a Victorinox Spartan in the gloss black finish whenever I wear a suit to a formal event, so I can cut loose threads with ease, open envelopes and also as a way to open beverages for other people if there is no other way, and the tweezers are very useful for grooming (in a pinch). And of course the Iphone 5S with the tech21 case.

But if I was to go camping I would use a surplus Victorinox German Army Knife for cutting cordage, making tent pegs for tarpaulin, making tinder, and sawing off branches with the saw, opening cans of food, repairing things with the screwdriver.

(to the best of my knowledge this is legal)

Last edited:

Harc

Big Hog
So, I can reply to this, I guess.

I have anywhere between 2 and 7 knives on me everyday. The two I carry ALL of the time are a pocketknife(I replace this so often that I don't know any specifics) and one of my longer knives(really depends on my preference that day).

My pocket knife is a tool. Half serrated edge for multiple uses, a seat belt cutter(also good for multiple things) and a glass breaker.......which I use more often than I ever thought I would(breaking lots of things). Also, I can throw it with decent accuracy.

The longer knife is for defense. I'm good with a knife. I have experience with a knife. I can throw a knife(3/5 for consistency, I'm getting there). Any single person attempting to assail me has picked the wrong person. With a decent knife any multiple people(I'm comfortable with up to 3 assailants at this point) have picked the wrong person. Of course this isn't accounting for well armed and well trained assailants. I'm not accounting for that.

Soon I'll have a handgun as part of my every day carry loadout. I have one, just need to be comfortable with it(this specific handgun) before I carry it around. For now it lives in my truck(or in the house when I'm home).
Funny how certain people nowadays see people like us as "dangerous" or "looking for trouble" just because we believe in self sufficiency and think in the long run as opposed to thinking small.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts