The Elder Scrolls Online

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BigPond13

The Elder Scrolls Online, a new MMO based on the popular role-playing series The Elder Scrolls, is being development by Bethesda Softworks and scheduled for release in 2013. I think most of plane fighting games are not cross-platform-based, but the upcoming game Starforce Delta offers the three versions for players. You can enjoy this game anytime.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
So far this game looks incredibly dull and unimaginative. I seriously doubt it will be too large of a success unless there is something truly remarkable about it.

The entire idea of splitting TES into racial factions is just laughably bad and ridiculous given the lore in any TES game that already exists. I really just don't understand why every MMORPG wants to copy WoW's racial factions instead of just letting players choose their faction separately from their race. That would make a gorillian times more sense than racial factions in a TES game.

After watching every other fantasy MMORPG that's tried too hard to copy WoW in too many areas, I just have zero confidence in this game. I'd much prefer they just keep making single player award winning game of the years over another MMORPG money/time sink in a genre that's been in a hopeless stranglehold for years.

I would have paid for just an online TES game over this. There really is no need to make an MMORPG of TES.

lordeisenburgh

Lord Gottfried Eisenburgh
Waste of company resources. MMOs are all doomed to fail. I wish they were working on an expac or something along those lines instead. That's just my opinion. Love the idea of 3 different factions opposed to 2 though...

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
Waste of company resources. MMOs are all doomed to fail. I wish they were working on an expac or something along those lines instead. That's just my opinion. Love the idea of 3 different factions opposed to 2 though...
I don't think there's anything wrong with MMOs as a genre, there's quite a few MMORPGs that are very fun and very good.

I just really don't think it's the right direction for the TES series, which are all very successful single player RPGs, I don't see a need or a purpose to suddenly shift to making an MMORPG when you are already quite adept at making RPGs that win crazy awards and make bank.

The entire idea seems kind of counter productive.

Am I the only one that wouldnt mind just Co-op?

I mean, I'd rather just play with one of my friends or two than just..A MMO

Idk thats just my opinion, I'm not sure if it hasn't been done because they can't or they don't want too

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
I don't think there's anything wrong with MMOs as a genre, there's quite a few MMORPGs that are very fun and very good.

I just really don't think it's the right direction for the TES series, which are all very successful single player RPGs, I don't see a need or a purpose to suddenly shift to making an MMORPG when you are already quite adept at making RPGs that win crazy awards and make bank.

The entire idea seems kind of counter productive.

I don't think TES needed to go in this direction at all, especially after the success of Skyrim. That being said however, releasing an MMORPG will attract a different audience, which in the long run will only increase the reach of TES which will of course, bring in more cash.

I'm more excited about the idea of an even larger map. After playing Morrowind and Oblivion I'd love to be able to travel all over Tamriel and watch as the culture and scenery changes as you travel.

The idea of multiplayer isn't something I'm looking forward to, but there seems to be a way of deciding whether you play on your own, with friends etc so I'm hopeful.

I just don't want to lose the rpg style that TES seems to have perfected. In the past when I've tried out MMORPG's, I've never been able to connect and immerse myself as well as when I've played single-player rpg's. But, I can't dismiss what I haven't experienced so I'll just wait for more information and a release date and go from there. I want to believe them when they say it's the best of both worlds but I have a suspicion they've bitten off more than they can chew with this venture.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Ill be playing as an Orcish Warrior or Bosmer Wizard, because come on, Even in PvP fighting..no one bests an Orc.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
I hate MMO's I this will be the first elderscrolls since Daggerfall that I will be skipping.

Think my eyes were still burning when I saw the SWTOR Graphics o_O but I guess that won't top the game breaking bugs that'll be in this game at release...

Clau

The Fateless One

Watched it for the whole duration. Definitely be playing this game when it goes live. It actually takes a whole party to take down a Dwarven Centurion

Although I'm not sure what to make of the stealth play of this game. If I build a sneaky character while my friends are mages and warriors, I'll just end up being an archer.

Imagine if your group are all the sneaking types. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts