• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
I have a couple of things.

1) more in depth marriage and children.
I loved getting married, it was awesome, at first. Than it became how are you doing, now give me money and food. It became really dull. You should have to win them over, and build a relationship, and still have interesting new things happen when you're married.
As far as kids go, let us have our own kids that will grow up over time, and give them more things to do, make it so you can teach your kids something instead of just have them around.

2) War and the military
I was trying to roleplay in my most recent playthrough, and I joined the imperials. I than realized that, this wasn't military life at all. I wasn't a soldier, I was more of a glorified corriour who got to fight. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wanted to live in a harsh, wartorn area and develop relationships with my fellow soldiers, and live a hard life. Instead I became friends with hadvar, who I later had to kill cause he wouldn't stop following me, and being able to leave my duties at any time and go become a thane and live a life of luxury.

3) Jobs

My Character is now a veteran and I want to return to civilian life, unfortunately, there are very little jobs you can be hired to do, show up, do your work, and go home. Maybe open up a shop or a smithy. This one doesn't bother me as much, it'd just be cool to have from a roleplayer stand point.

4) Expanded dialogue and friendships

I like lots of the characters in skyrim, but I don't feel connected with a lot of them. I want each of them to have they're own personalities, and depending on what I do, I become friends with one, and enemies with another.

5) A moral compass system

I don't care how they do it, just make me bad if I'm a thief/assassin, and good if I'm a guy who gives a gold piece to everyone.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman

I loved getting married, it was awesome, at first. Than it became how are you doing, now give me money and food. It became really dull. You should have to win them over, and build a relationship, and still have interesting new things happen when you're married.
As far as kids go, let us have our own kids that will grow up over time, and give them more things to do, make it so you can teach your kids something instead of just have them around.

2) War and the military
I was trying to roleplay in my most recent playthrough, and I joined the imperials. I than realized that, this wasn't military life at all. I wasn't a soldier, I was more of a glorified corriour who got to fight. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wanted to live in a harsh, wartorn area and develop relationships with my fellow soldiers, and live a hard life. Instead I became friends with hadvar, who I later had to kill cause he wouldn't stop following me, and being able to leave my duties at any time and go become a thane and live a life of luxury.

3) Jobs

My Character is now a veteran and I want to return to civilian life, unfortunately, there are very little jobs you can be hired to do, show up, do your work, and go home. Maybe open up a shop or a smithy. This one doesn't bother me as much, it'd just be cool to have from a roleplayer stand point.

I like lots of the characters in skyrim, but I don't feel connected with a lot of them. I want each of them to have they're own personalities, and depending on what I do, I become friends with one, and enemies with another.

I don't care how they do it, just make me bad if I'm a thief/assassin, and good if I'm a guy who gives a gold piece to everyone.

Basically everything you've stated but I'd like to see more improvement/expansion to the Character Creation system and available attire,because some of us don't want to have to buy a computer just for mods that could be already intergrated.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I'd have to agree with everything in the first post. I came into TES relatively late in the game and my first was Oblivion so I'm not sure how things were before that, but I found Skyrim all little bit more stale than Oblivion. The graphics were incredible, of course, but it seemed to be missing a little bit more depth than what Oblivion had. I'd love to see that come back. The main story line in Oblivion seemed so deep whereas in Skyrim the best part of it for me was Sovngarde. I could have done entirely without all that Delphine nonsense. Just so impersonal.

The familial aspect of Skyrim I love and would like to see that expanded on.

I would like to see the return of really interesting side quests like there were in Oblivion. Anyone remember that Waking Nightmare quest? Many Skyrim quests just feel like errand-boy ones. It'd be interesting to go back to how intense we know they're capable of being.

I also agree with the first post and I would like to see the dwemer return as well. Id like to see an adaption with boats, not just big ones but possibly add rowing boats to cross rivers etc. I would also like to see more variation in horses like types and ability to name them . I think this about pets as well... More animals and again the ability to name them.
Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Parselmagic

I'd like the quests to be a bit closer to the Oblivion style. When you became the leader of a guild, you earn it. And once you become leader of a guild, I'd like more to happen. Maybe you have to find recruits. Just something other than a title. I would like a bit more interaction with your spouse, and maybe a more complex courting system. I was actually pretty happy with kids in Skyrim. My only suggestion would be the inclusion of elf and beast children and the option to have your own instead of adopting. I'd also like the next game to take place in a non-human country, I don't care which.

drdmoro

TY BETESHDA FOR READ THIS!:)
Hi! I think that would be inbelievable.. :eek:

• Oculus RIFT in the Elder scroll VI (Virtual Reality inmersion :))
  • Coop posibility max 2-3 players.
  • Alternative-Random start (Together in coop chase with a overtone)

I keep dreaming...

I'd like to be able to go to more provinces than just the one. For instance, say I'm in Valenwood and I decide to go

over to the Imperial City.

Coop. I know that is a common thing to want with these games, but damnit man I want to pillage steal and murder go questing, exploring, and bandit slaying with a friend.

Bring back some Oblivion spells, Skyrims spells are cool and all, but I want to be able to summon a fluffing Daedroth while walking on water shooting lighting at my foes while also seeing enemies through walls.

I'd like to see something similar to The Shivering Isles, but with another daedric prince. Maybe Hircine, Boethia, Azura?

Co-Op (Of course)
Who doesn't want to smash bandits heads open in a cave full of "things" with a friend??

Being able to buy and sail boats while being able to shoot on them (Not while sailing of course)

JoeReese

More modular armor and weapons. (ie: I could put the ebony type pauldrons on the steel plate cuirass, etc.)

Oblivion-style custom spells.

Destruction magic that gains power with experience, so high-level mages don't have to shoot a draugr 30 times to kill it.

Maybe more customisable armour, such as war paint / symbols on the armour with varied sizes and colours. This would be realistic however should only happen if you have crafted the item. Also different versions of it such as a lighter version of heavy armour and vise versa.

Stalker

I want better combat, maybe even to the point of making it a stickily third person game although i know it won't happen. I want climbing so you can climb anything and everything, i want to be able to have a party and set their skills as they level up, similar to Dragon Age, I want bigger and busier cities, I want the citizens to talk less of major events and more of local happenings and personal things, one things i don't ever want is guns.

Hmm I want a more forested landscape, tree houses, deeper character relationships.I also want to see more cats (pet cats) running around.

Oh and I want to see large monsters that can be found in depths of the sea. Maybe a haunted forest.

JoeReese

I can see a lot of the things people like, but I don't think I'd buy into third-person-only. I make out much better with 1st person.

2) War and the military

3) Jobs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree we should have marriages. I also think they should make it were the dragonborn is ruler and it's years in the future (still in medeveil times) and than there is massive war vs. Another provadince. And you are the only one that can stop them etc

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
Have werewolf packs that roam, and you can be turned if you're bitten/clawed and survive the fight. AND have it so you can become the leader of your own pack, and turn people, making them Betas and stuff, so you can howl and any nearby pack members come running to your aid. Also make it so there are moon cycles, and on a full moon, you will randomly wolf out.

hershangames

I agree with the first post and many other but also:
-Being able to conspire with guild members to overthrow the leader and replace him yourself(I'm actually working on a mod like that)

-The ability to stay in harmony with nature(I know how hippie that sounds). If for example you always use calm spells on depredators anf never kill any animals, just have animals stop attacking you and perhaps even helping you when a spider appears out of nowhere

-Stats. The old RPG stats. Enough said.

- Dynamic map. You know, like Dark Souls, qhere there some parts of the decorate that are breakable(inly bosses of course)

-Giant bosses, just like Dark Souls but without the "Nightmare you'll never awaken from" difficulty.

-More sneak gear in early and mid game. One that I hate about being an assasin(even though I lovs it), is it's really hard to get your hands on some really valuable sneak item. You basically spend 30 levels making close calls and barely surviving encounters until you've got all sneak perks and you can go armorless and never have your health bar change.

-Dwemers and snow elfes would be awesome, and they could perfectly be the main quest.
EDIT: And blood magic. Ever since Dragon Age and Noblesse(this one's a manga, not a game) I've loved blood magic.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I would have:

-NPC's that remember you, so that every time you talk to them isn't like the very first time.
-NPC's that hear of your deeds and comment on them, (there's a small amount of this in Oblivion and Skyrim but it's not consistent).
-Bring back all aspects of the magic system of Oblivion, which was vastly superior to Skyrim's. (this and my first one are the biggest to me).
-Bring back the ability to haggle prices; speech should level organically, speech perks make no sense.
-Introduce intoxication effects from consuming ale wine and mead, (objects in the distance get blurry, sound is somewhat altered, mechanics slightly altered, etc.) :beermug:
-Make skooma actually addictive to the character.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
• Bring back the Arena. This was hands down my favorite part of Oblivion. Fighting criminals and infamous warriors was pretty addicting. Even fighting monsters had its degree of fun. Maybe if they do bring it back they can add a feature where you can face off against another player.

• Make the guild questlines be fluid and immersive. Make them actually make sense. There's no reason why I should be able to walk into Jorrvaskr or the College of Winterhold or the Ragged Flagon and go from being a lost soul looking for a place to belong to becoming the head honcho of the group on the very same day. Bring back the ranks and have it have you work your way up naturally.

• The infinite merchant gold should be brought back. There's no reason why I should have to visit multiple smiths and merchants all around Skyrim just to sell all of my extra gear. It would be so much easier just to have the merchant have a fixed amount and it never runs out. It would've been perfect in Oblivion if it wasn't for the exhaustingly slow rate that your Mercantile skill increased by.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
I totally agree, Gregor, though not so much on the third one. Maybe make it so you can invest a lot earlier? And continuously invest in your favorite shop? But yeah, I wish it would take a lot of time to rank up, too. Like, three missions to rank up, and there's something like twenty ranks, and each mission isn't going to take 5 minutes to get there and back.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts