The Ebonhawks - An Ebonheart Pact Guild on TESO

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
Greetings,

This thread is more of a clarification thread for the "Nightingales TESO Guild (name in the works). To me, it comes off as confusing and unwelcoming - and that is not what I want for interested gamers.

Anyways - the "name in the works" has been worked out - we are The Ebonhawks. We are a hardcore military-styled Guild that will be representing the Ebonheart Pact on The Elder Scrolls Online. Our members are mature and loyal, but we still like to have fun. We are very competitive and strive to be a well-known and top-tier Guild.

In our guild, every player has a role to play. Whether it be crafting, gathering, or finding valuable info to share about your class to your fellow guild mates - everybody is important.

It could be perceived almost as a race to get the best possible gear for all of our members. (This is probably not a Guild for the casual gamer.)

Group activity will be very high, as raids and dungeons are calling us to be conquered.

PvP is going to be very high volume within the Guild - our Guild Master and Agent of War (PvP Strategist) have put together multiple battle plans and formations together to dominate on the PvP ground.

All in all, The Ebonhawks will strive for success. We want to be the best in every aspect, and we want you to help us accomplish that. The link to our website is in my signature, where you can find the rules and requirements for the Guild, you can also look at the other thread where some of the rules were posted as well.

As I've mentioned before - we are definitely categorized as a hardcore and mature Guild. This means that the age requirement is that you are 18 or over, and that microphones will be required. Casual and Solo players will most likely not fit into this guild.

So as a wrap up and a conclusion -

If your looking for a competitive, organized, and active Guild to be apart of, sign up to be an Ebonhawk today.

*Reply to this thread if you have any relevant questions or comments - be sure to read the Guild rules and requirements off of the Ebonhawk website in my signature before posting, your question will most likely be answered after reading these rules.*

Caststarman

I will give you advice coming from a guild/clan leader of a successful year old clan.

NEVER say that it will be very high in activity until you rack up at least 20+ members.

That has led to the deaths of many clans in the past. You also shouldn't go off basing things until you have been playing the game for a while. A month at minimum, but this isn't always necessary.

My clan is Main Challenge. We started off rocky, but our place was eventually found.

One easy way to generally become successful is to get your friends in on it, or promote an instant co-leadership status (Not in its literal meaning. It would be of a step down from the founder). I found that effective as many people soon joined afterwards.

My clan isn't of a TES descent though, it comes from Battle Bears: Royale.

It is also somewhat easy to transition to a multi-game clan to promote longevity of the clan.

I will leave you to your own choices of how to settle going through your guild. I just am a veteran of a clan and willing to share my knowledge.

13th Nightingale

Hawk- Guild Master, Ebonhawks
Thank you for the advice Caststarman. Our member base is built of a sound leadership style that has worked through a multitude of MMOs (FFXI, DCUO, WoW, FFXIV, Guild Wars ect.) I have friends from all these games coming to the guild who will be very active. Arillious here has the right idea and I support this post because this is what our guild will be like no question.

Battle Bears: Royale? Sounds like a fun game.

Gunnbjorn

NEVER say that it will be very high in activity until you rack up at least 20+ members.

When I stated "Group activity will be high" I meant most everything anyone does in the Guild will be with the guild - not alone. This includes questing, raiding, crafting, gathering, etc. This is why I mentioned that any gamer who prefers Solo play rather than Group play would probably not fit into this Guild.

It did not mean that players will be incredibly active (online everyday) or that we will have a high population of members.

Gunnbjorn

I still have no microphone, so for me teamspeak is a good alternate.

The rules were made by Hawk, and therefore Hawk is the only one that can bend them for others. Discuss with him whether or not it's okay - he may let it slide. If it were up to me, I wouldn't mind it, but I have no say.

Gunnbjorn

Not to be a stiff or anything - but this thread was made to get the Guild name out there, all posts to the thread should be questions about the Guild that weren't answered after reading the Rules and Requirements on the site, or any other concerns or comments relevant to the Guild.

I would really appreciate it if no conversation went on, I made this thread partly because the other one was incredibly disorganized due to the irrelevant conversations that took place, if you guys like each other enough to have a nice conversation, good on you - but I would please ask that you finish it in a PM or some other thread.

Caststarman, I really appreciate the advice, and your MMO history helped me understand how successful your advice was - but please talk about your Guild somewhere else, I say this in the most respectful way possible, hopefully you understand.

Thanks.

13th Nightingale

The rules were made by Hawk, and therefore Hawk is the only one that can bend them for others. Discuss with him whether or not it's okay - he may let it slide. If it were up to me, I wouldn't mind it, but I have no say.

Jei El since you are a PAHAAA ally im reviewing your app and I feel like you deserve a shot. Welcome to the Ebonhawks!

Caststarman

Not to be a stiff or anything - but this thread was made to get the Guild name out there, all posts to the thread should be questions about the Guild that weren't answered after reading the Rules and Requirements on the site, or any other concerns or comments relevant to the Guild.

I would really appreciate it if no conversation went on, I made this thread partly because the other one was incredibly disorganized due to the irrelevant conversations that took place, if you guys like each other enough to have a nice conversation, good on you - but I would please ask that you finish it in a PM or some other thread.

Caststarman, I really appreciate the advice, and your MMO history helped me understand how successful your advice was - but please talk about your Guild somewhere else, I say this in the most respectful way possible, hopefully you understand.

Thanks.
No problem. I won't steal any members from you :)

I don't even plan on transitioning any time soon. I will help you get member if you so choose though. Also, you got the wrong idea. BBR isn't an MMO. It's a TPS.

Gunnbjorn

No problem. I won't steal any members from you :)

I don't even plan on transitioning any time soon. I will help you get member if you so choose though. Also, you got the wrong idea. BBR isn't an MMO. It's a TPS.

I'm not concerned at you stealing any possible recruits, I am OCD and I like it when everything is organized. I appreciate the advice and would be more than happy if you were to recommend our Guild to anyone that you know who may find it fitting.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I would join, but then again I don't like the idea of playing a game and yacking on a mic at the same time so I would be disqualified from joining The Ebonhawks base on the requirements. Is their any other groups over there that I can participate that DOESN'T require a mic? No offense but I tend to enjoy the SFX and the background music over listening to people talk.

13th Nightingale

I would join, but then again I don't like the idea of playing a game and yacking on a mic at the same time so I would be disqualified from joining The Ebonhawks base on the requirements. Is their any other groups over there that I can participate that DOESN'T require a mic? No offense but I tend to enjoy the SFX and the background music over listening to people talk.
Hi Raijin. I understand the immersion in a game with music and sound effects is important but you DO NOT need to sacrifice that. With chat programs like mumble you actually hear the game and the people talking at once with perfect celerity. I don't know if you have previous MMO experience but unlike single player games communication is a must. The time it takes to type is time wasted in the heat of battle.
Not to be to forward but a group that doesn't require mics is a group that is broken from the start. If you want to excel at this game. If you want to destroy the competition. If you want to play with other people, in my guild or in another's... a mic is mandatory to success.
We have time till the game releases, we have people who don't even have computers yet but will by release. Give us a try, get to know our people and I promise you'll have a better game experience than any other.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Hi 13th Nightingale :)
Yes I have previous MMO experience :) I use to be heavily involved in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory until Quake wars came out. Not sure if you played any of these games, however in these games they already have words built in the game. If you're severely wounded you can request a medic, and an icon will appear on the medic players radar indicating an assistance is needed. If you spot a sniper nearby you can alert your team mates. You don't vocally need to say it because it's already in the game.

Look at this video for an example

You notice not one person utter a single word? I fluffing love that game. I need to start playing it again :D

Anyhow you don't need to destroy the competition using a Mic :) back in the days I did just fine communicating with my team mates using the good ole keyboard text, and they had no problem communicating with me right back :)

In fact I thank these games for giving me the ability to type without having to look at the keyboard, and improving my typing speed :)

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
hello there I can't be in your guild as I already have my own with quite a few members already and we have grown over the last few days, but my guild wouldn't mind making an alliance with you if you would like one? We will have similar traits instead we are assasins and we will be travelling assassins etc.

Everyone in our guild has MMO experience and we are all good gamers, most of us have played previous games meaning we know a bit already, so if that was one of your worries about us not having MMO experience then we have so don't worry.

So would you like an alliance?

13th Nightingale

Hi 13th Nightingale :)
Yes I have previous MMO experience :) I use to be heavily involved in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory until Quake wars came out. Not sure if you played any of these games, however in these games they already have words built in the game. If you're severely wounded you can request a medic, and an icon will appear on the medic players radar indicating an assistance is needed. If you spot a sniper nearby you can alert your team mates. You don't vocally need to say it because it's already in the game.

Look at this video for an example

You notice not one person utter a single word? I fluffing love that game. I need to start playing it again :D

Anyhow you don't need to destroy the competition using a Mic :) back in the days I did just fine communicating with my team mates using the good ole keyboard text, and they had no problem communicating with me right back :)

In fact I thank these games for giving me the ability to type without having to look at the keyboard, and improving my typing speed :)

In shooters hot key talking is great but I doubt this game will have that. There are so many factors to combat in MMOs: Healers, Tanks, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Support. Discussing strategy, reacting to enemy AI (Which I hear is deadly in TESO), reacting the incoming PVP enemy, giving orders, acknowledging order, these things all are faster with a mic.
Some people play with game pads, which they will have to put down to type, when you type you have to stop player movement, and in an enriched combat system where everyone needs to pull their weight seconds count. You cannot deny that speaking to one another isn't the best way to communicate.
People don't have to talk all the time. If people want to chill they can enter another room in the chat server. But when we raid, when we pvp it is Mandatory. Communication is knowledge and knowledge is power. Modern guilds that are very good don't type to each other.

Imagine if we were talking together now. How fast would this debate be, but instead we chat back in forth reading and writing. It's wasted energy that can be put towards better gaming.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
In regards (oops, typed Redguard) to how important a mic is, in FFXI it definitely made a huge difference. I don't know about for other classes, but as a healer, I'd say it was a must. And I know it's not just my lack of typing skills that make me say that. All the great healers had a mic. It's all about reaction time.

By the looks of it, TESO will be action packed, and will require lots of strategy. Even if you're a fast typer, speaking is usually faster. The way this guild will work is, everyone will have their own job they need to do and the rest of the guild will be counting on that person for fast info. Especially in PVP and PVE. It is also for that reason that during activities like that, we won't be talking about what we had for dinner so that we don't talk over or interrupt someone who needs to tell us something important.

Hopefully that made sense.

Caststarman

I'm not concerned at you stealing any possible recruits, I am OCD and I like it when everything is organized. I appreciate the advice and would be more than happy if you were to recommend our Guild to anyone that you know who may find it fitting.
Hey don't worry, i sure will!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts