• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Anyone have those dreams that seem to predict future events or be on par with it?? Extreme Deja-vu!

Splendid! It seems that I am never able to fight effectively in my dreams.
Yeah, the typical throw a punch as hard as you can and it doesn't even ruffle their clothing. I find it to be kinda tied into your physical muscles as well as your own psyche, imagine you're actually clenching your physical muscles but because your mind is in the dream, your power and effort is staying in bed. Kinda like if you struggle hard to open your eyes while still somewhat dreaming, you're not using the right muscles. Just an idea is all.

Wippii

Bookworm
Last night I had an extremely long dream that had quite a few Skyrim elements mixed in. I don't remember much, but for the most part I spent my time in prison in what was supposed to be Windhelm. There were several Skyrim NPCs involved, but also quite a few "real" people. I remember accidentally leaving the prison who knows how many times, and getting killed for it by crossbow-wielding guards (who looked just like Skyrim guards, with various holds' uniform colours). Yes, I reloaded my life several times. lol

There were some C.S.I-type thins in there as well... along with a whole lot of more or less random stuff.

Best dream I remember having in a looooong time! Shame my alarm went off just as something important (no idea what it was) was about to happen.

Sah

hello everyone this ones name is Sah

FASCINATING :)....last type of post this one expected to see & this one could not resist replying :sadface:

this one would like to make a confession :oops:....she dose not know why she is here...and if it is wise for her to share...please don't get this one wrong would love to share some real Trippiiiiie dreams...

but this one has an issue reading your dreams :eek:...sorry...this one will see to much... it was this ones profession once to interpret dreams...& to teach her students everything there was to know about dreaming...from how to...how to set up protections...invoicing guides...how to access different levels of the Astral Planes..the Akashic records..ext

every one o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O at Sah

For fun try this....read your dreams again the ones you have posted here...and introduce this factor into the equation

Dreams are #3: Messages from your subconscious mind telling you exactly what you need to know...the rest is personal symbol interpretation...examples...house is the self, people are usually an aspect of the self...environment/background senery are the emotions... cars planes trains ext means path... karma in action...obstacles stand out like a fly in soup...what is your dreams telling you about yourself?

sweet dreams, yours Sah <3<3<3

Life is the real dream...the trick is not to wake up!

Last edited:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
hello everyone this ones name is Sah

FASCINATING :)....last type of post this one expected to see & this one could not resist replying :sadface:

this one would like to make a confession :oops:....she dose not know why she is here...and if it is wise for her to share...please don't get this one wrong would love to share some real Trippiiiiie dreams...

but this one has an issue reading your dreams :eek:...sorry...this one will see to much... it was this ones profession once to interpret dreams...& to teach her students everything there was to know about dreaming...from how to...how to set up protections...invoicing guides...how to access different levels of the Astral Planes..the Akashic records..ext

every one o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O at Sah

For fun try this....read your dreams again the ones you have posted here...and introduce this factor into the equation

Dreams are #3: Messages from your subconscious mind telling you exactly what you need to know...the rest is personal symbol interpretation...examples...house is the self, people are usually an aspect of the self...environment/background senery are the emotions... cars planes trains ext means path... karma in action...obstacles stand out like a fly in soup...what is your dreams telling you about yourself?

sweet dreams, yours Sah <3<3<3

Life is the real dream...the trick is not to wake up!
Perhaps you could expand on this somewhat. I've never been much of a believer in dream interpretation, but I have an open mind. And i feel that some lucid dreaming could help me at this juncture. :beermug:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Have you ever had a dream implant false memories? Happened to me last night.

In the dream, I had vivid and convincing memories of a series of very disturbing events. I know, now that I'm awake, that said disturbing events never happened. But in the dream, the memories were real.

I had this happen only one other time that I'm aware of. A dream had me convinced that I'd had a relationship with someone, and that I'd somehow just forgotten. When I saw her the memories of our prior relationship came flooding back. But the person only existed in that one dream. I think..

Znowcicle

Chimera~
^^ That's happened to me quite a few times actually.

As for a recent dream, it was more like a nightmare...kind of. I wasn't really scared, but I woke up a good bit unsettled. I can't remember how it started or why I was where I was (my dreams are often long and drawn out). I was on top of a mountain in a white-ish castle of sorts. There weren't any windows but there were giant spaces in the stone walls for ones to be places. There was a great hall with benches for the audience to sit. At the furthest part of the hall there was a raised platform with a burgundy rug leading up to it. There were four young women (older teens maybe very young adults) competing for something. I'm not even really sure they were competing for anything, but they were all dressed nicely. They were diverse in race. What made the dream weird though is that there was this alien. This alien would steal their faces - while they were on that platform just standing there in there in their outfit. The last girl, whose face I remember the most but can't explain, was the one that made me wake up. She had her hair tied back and her eyes were kind of naturally half closed. The dream like zoomed in on her face and the alien...I could see its face through her mouth. Her jaw was all super-extended, her teeth were jagged (whereas before they were perfect), and she was screaming. Thing is, the alien didn't steal her face...it just took her body, so what was left over was this walking skinless mis-shapen girl with a human face. Her hands weren't hands anymore, just little stubs. No one else was freaking out though. It was just me. Even the skinless girl seemed completely fine now seconds later in a hallway of sorts.

It took me forever to go back to sleep.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I had a rather interesting dream the other night. Obviously I don't recall all the details...

I was sitting indian-style, (that's what they called it back then), in an elementary school gymnasium. There were some high, panoramic windows that began to become covered by what appeared to be a plethora of small brown sticks. They were soon completely covered. As soon as I realized what they were, another boy in the class said nonchalantly, "Praying Mantises."

What next I recall is being outside, an adult suddenly, and it's raining a multitude of mantises, from the sky. Specifically Chinese Mantises, (Tenodera sinensis). They're a large species reaching 3.5 to 4 inches in length. It wasn't long before the streets and avenues that I could see were four feet deep with mantises. People were wading through them including myself, trying to get to safety, yet seemed only mildly alarmed. At one point a little girl, (or was it a boy?), was being balanced precariously by the parent, balanced atop something, as if they were playing. I put a stop to it, warning that the child might be lost were it to fall into the mantises... That's about the gist of it.

Some background, as a young child I was obsessed with mantises. I've come to think of them since as a kind of totem animal. It always seemed that I had a knack for spotting them. One time as a boy I was playing outside and I stopped suddenly, feeling watched. I looked toward the evergreen bushes, which must've been at least 20ft away, and spotted an adult mantis. This same kind from the dream. I walked toward it and it indeed was watching me, evidenced by it's head turned in my direction. I used to keep them as pets, but now I usually just enjoy them in the wild where I spot them. Although I cannot help but come to the rescue if one is spotted in a busy public area, brought by the myriad insects attracted by bright lights. I'm all too aware that most humans would absolutely relish the chance to squash a bug of that size. :beermug:

The Chinese Mantis:
th

hershangames

I would like to both share a few of my dreams and comment some of the things said in this thread. I'll start with what was said at a certain point about dreams including reality, like your dream advising you of its end right before the alarm or something breaking almost at the same time something breaks in real time. I want to share my theory about this.

Your dream telling you dream time is over has a very simple explanation(an explanation which I just thought while reading): your mind becomes so accostumed to your alarm, it's capable of predicting it just instants earlier. I know this because most days I wake up just minutes before my alarm sounds, and if I forget it or in the weekends, I wake up around that time anyway.

And about your mind recreating a scene in which something closely related to the immediate present in real life: while we are asleep, pur brain works much more than while awake(that's what causes dreams), so the speed of our reactions(at least the reaction of the mind) becomes way greater. Meaning your mind is capable of hearing a sound and creating an explanation for it in less than two seconds, since the mind is only aware of the sound and doesn't know its origin.

Now my dreams:

-This is one I've had a lot of times during this last months and has inspired a lot of stories I've written.
I'm me, real me, when for some reason I go to leave in U.S.A. In there I manage to acompliah my dream job and own a videogame company. As years go by, I become the richest man in the world, greatly surpasing Bill Gates(yes, that is included in the dream). In fact, I'm so rich, I buy all that's left of the countries affected the third world war(yeah, you read it right, apparently while I became rich a world war went on). I manage to turn them into countries again and decide to unify them all into my own country with me as its king. After a lit of diplomacy, buying(I probably had infinite money or something) and waging war, I conquered the whole world and was crowned as King of the world.
The dream ended with me sitting in my trhone, putting on a crown made of spines, making a smile that denoted great intelligence and ambition and suddenly dying.

Other recurrent dreams I have are nightmares about my little sister dying or getting away from me, I always try to do all I can to save her but I'm completely hopeless. I guess that says how much I can't bear something happening to her or something amongst those lines. I once woke up with a punch at the wall, and I really am not the violent type.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
[QUOTE="hershangames, post: 1885672, member: 68331"
Meaning your mind is capable of hearing a sound and creating an explanation for it in less than two seconds, since the mind is only aware of the sound and doesn't know its origin.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That's the gist of it. I'm finishing up a book about the subconscious mind. It's very informative, relating stories and studies, explaining that the subconscious mind is not only aware of much more than the conscious mind, but is aware of things sooner. The subconscious then acts as a filter, only allowing our conscious mind awareness of what's deemed relevant. Relevance is dictated through billions of years of evolution. The implications are that the universe that we perceive ourselves living in, is but a small nugget of what's really "out there."

Your initial grandiose dream sounded fantastic, until the sudden death. Or was that supposed to happen- the death occurring when you were most content? What would it be like to be ruled by the owner of a gaming company..? Perhaps you could use genetic engineering to bring about the races of Tamriel. Ah ha! I told Drunken Mage the events of TES take place in the far future! :beermug:

hershangames

That is a very interesting theory indeed, and it actually makes sense.

About the part of my dream in which I die, I tend to interpret it as me having no more reasons to live once I've accomplished everything and just died. But that's not something bad, I was smiling remember?

It's kind of like when your Skyrim character reaches all its goals. Let's say its purpose is to beat Alduin's ass and become the harbinger of the companions. Once he finishes, what do you do? Hang around a bit and then abandon him probably forever, which would equal death in real life.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts