• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

That would 1/2 to be one long, long beard dude!
th
A beard challenge, eh? You sure you can handle it? That's one of the harder trials.

I thought we already agreed that defeating Gandalf and Dumbledore in combat is not a fair trial?

Gandalf would win because of his huge stick. Skyrim loading screen: If you see a mage, get close to them and hit them hard!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
TESV2014-02-2204-12-48-98.png~original

TESV2014-02-2204-14-10-91.png~original

TESV2014-02-2204-14-18-80.png~original

Take that you so-called "legendary" sonuvabitch.

Now you are just a "dead" sonuvabitch.
Oy. You did well. Congratulations. But I disagree with your tactic. In order to kill them without taking any damage, you have to hug their face, and strafe back and forth, staying right up against them, and move down to their wings when they try to bite you. When they move to breathe fire or something, you have to have PERFECT timing to stagger them with a bash before they get it off. Become Ethereal makes it a lot easier, but isn't allowed in the challenge.

That is the tactic I used for my kill... Took me FOREVER though.

Staff member
Fu** you Skyrim Forums... Fu** you and your errors...

Staff member
I journeyed to a Giant Camp, where I lived among them for one long week and contemplated the meaning of conjuration until I mastered it:
20140222_114443.jpg

Staff member
I was then beset by a dragon, whom could barely lay a tooth on me thanks to my mad skillz. Observe my tactic in the picture, if you can:
20140222_114838.jpg

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Here's a better dragon kill though I still want to redo it again as the camera clipping on the killshot sucks.

But here it is.

A legendary dragon kill on legendary difficulty with a non-enchanted legendary (as if) wooden sword. Attire is a pair of non-enchanted ragged trousers and non-enchanted cloth handwraps both of which are clothing and have no armor value. I also kept myself to ground attacks as well using the sword and only the sword.

This kill is much easier using magic to buff you up a bit which I didn't know was allowed my first 35+ attempts at this. I ended up using dragonhide and that did enough.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Fu** you Skyrim Forums... Fu** you and your errors...
Playing the game for 24 hours and not having it F- up once could be a real challenge of badassery

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I like how the game actually has a "legendary" label for an upgraded wooden stick

Staff member
Congratulations btw. You did well. Did you have trouble with it after using alteration?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Take that you so-called "legendary" sonuvabitch.

Now you are just a "dead" sonuvabitch.
Oy. You did well. Congratulations. But I disagree with your tactic. In order to kill them without taking any damage, you have to hug their face, and strafe back and forth, staying right up against them, and move down to their wings when they try to bite you. When they move to breathe fire or something, you have to have PERFECT timing to stagger them with a bash before they get it off. Become Ethereal makes it a lot easier, but isn't allowed in the challenge.

That is the tactic I used for my kill... Took me FOREVER though.
Yeah the successful tries I've had have been close up to the front and sides. The dragonhide spell seems to give me enough that it's no longer an instant kill on me when I get close. My next trial will be multiple dragons

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Congratulations btw. You did well. Did you have trouble with it after using alteration?
Made it pretty easy actually. Raido's alteration is at 100 and he has nearly 600 points in it.

It still could do damage, but if you are somewhat careful it wasn't too much of a problem

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I had a few ideas for successful inductees into the Hall of Badas*ery:

Working on some signature ideas, maybe have some common elements but incorporate screen caps if people got some good ones during their trial to personalize it, or maybe make a badge or logo or something.

Gonna see if I can photoshop a word wall type thing where we can put character names onto it.

We should come up with a craftable item that people could make, likely vanilla so console folk can make it too and then enchant it with something so they can name it whatever is chosen to be the name. Kinda like a hall of fame ring or amulet type thing.

Staff member
Well, it's over. He got one monster power attack on me, and he would have won if the fight dragged on much longer. My stamina was getting low, and he'd managed to save most of his. His second charging attack would've killed me, but he couldn't turn fast enough.
20140222_134613.jpg

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I'm now Ansei Master Badass

... and I am so totally gonna put my legendary wooden sword on display in Jorrvaskr. Some time years from now future companions will be collecting fragments of my wooden stick.

G-, thanks for my congratulatory rep my friend. Glad to be in. That dragon that got beat with a stick might not be glad, but I am.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting the next member to make it.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
O, Elders. I have travel far and wide searching for any challenge to prove that I am indeed a master of Alteration. Give me a test to prove my might and let my name go down in Sovngarde as the man who mastered a useless magic!

Alteration... You must travel to the top of The Throat of the World, and retrieve Notch's Pickaxe. After doing this, you must roar your superiority to the skies with the power of your thu'um!

Then, you must travel through the land of Skyrim, mining every iron ore vein in the game at least once. Then, you must use the alteration spell that converts iron to silver, silver to gold, to turn it all into gold. You must wear no clothing during your travels, and you may only use Alteration as your source of armour. You are not allowed to attack any enemies who come against you, only absorb their attacks with the glorious powers of nudity and magic!

Then, you must travel to the waters to the north of Skyrim, and find the deepest point. You must use waterbreathing to swim to the bottom and meditate there until you discover the true meaning of badassery. You then must swim back to the surface, and challenge the nearest dragon to a duel. You may only use notches pickaxe and telekinesis to lob your gold at him, along with any other alteration spells. The finishing attack MUST be with the telekinesis gold ore.

Nothing but notches pickaxe and alteration magic.
This is the one I really want to see someone do. We shall definitely sing songs of that day.

Skyrimosity

Made it pretty easy actually. Raido's alteration is at 100 and he has nearly 600 points in it.

It still could do damage, but if you are somewhat careful it wasn't too much of a problem

did not want to allow alteration, was told it'd be impossible without it

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts