• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
@raido KASAI, I believe you originally issued the smithing challenge, thus it is your right to give this brave contender a new challenge. Also, I'm kinda coming up blank on the stealth challenge thing. Been too long since I really picked up Skyrim. Don't know it so well anymore.
I'll see what I can think up on both. If you got an idea on either, feel free to post it. I'm not sure exactly what I'd pick on either at the moment as my most common playstyle is more of a run up to something and keep whacking at it with a sword.

For the archery one, obviously it has to be a challenge or series of them that would separate the Bad Ass archers from the group of every other archer. I'm trying to think where there might be some of the best long-distance kill opportunities

On the second one, I'm trying to think of what area would offer the toughest challenge to sneak through.

I'm gonna do some digging and see if I get some ideas, think about it too and let me know if you have an idea

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Actually, that smithing challenge I mentioned earlier proved to difficult. So as such, maybe an archery challenge would better benefit me.

For planning purpose, I had 2 questions...

1) What is the bow type and arrow type you want to complete the archery challenge with and...

2) What is that bow's total damage it deals?

This will help us adjust accordingly

Last edited:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
TESV 2014-11-04 22-14-54-08.png TESV 2014-11-04 22-15-35-81.png TESV 2014-11-04 22-15-40-19.png

Rhew

The missing snow elf
I was going to try the archery challenge but it's gone :sadface:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
It was deemed too easy, we are working on one a bit more worthy. I can PM you the other one when I get back on my home PC if you wanted to do the previous one for fun though

Last edited:

Rhew

The missing snow elf
It was deemed too easy, we are working on one a bit more worthy. I can PM you the other one when I get back on my home PC if you wanted to do the other one for fun though

ah, I see. Yeah I started it with what I remembered and it did seem really easy. But sure! I'd like to try it just for fun :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It was deemed too easy, we are working on one a bit more worthy. I can PM you the other one when I get back on my home PC if you wanted to do the other one for fun though

Just an archery challenge from me.
How's about Skuldafn:
1) Bow and matching arrows only (glass/glass, ebony/ebony, dragon/dragon, Imperial/steel, etc...)
2) No enhancements (potions or equipment that enhance archery)
3) Bow must be non-magical but may be improved as high as possible without using smithing enhancements (gauntlets, jewelry, potions)
4) Must kill ALL dragons, ALL drauger and the Dragon Priest
5) Must be completed on no less than Adept, preferrably Expert, Master or Legendary
6) Minimum level of 65 (this assures that ALL draugers will be Deathlord or higher)
7) No magic, but sneak is fine as long as it is unenhanced
8) You may use any armor you want and may use any healing/stamina potions you wish.

I did just such a challenge wearing dragonscale and using an ebony bow and arrows. It took forever as the deathlords are a real challenge if they see you. It can be accomplished with a high sneak skill though (I only got caught twice). I did it on Expert so I can't tell you how much harder it would be on Master or Legendary, but I can only imagine!

It takes some prep, but it can be done.

The secret is distance and aim.

Rhew

The missing snow elf

How's about Skuldafn:
1) Bow and matching arrows only (glass/glass, ebony/ebony, dragon/dragon, Imperial/steel, etc...)
3) Bow must be non-magical but may be improved as high as possible without using smithing enhancements (gauntlets, jewelry, potions)
5) Must be completed on no less than Adept, preferrably Expert, Master or Legendary
6) Minimum level of 65 (this assures that ALL draugers will be Deathlord or higher)
8) You may use any armor you want and may use any healing/stamina potions you wish.

I did just such a challenge wearing dragonscale and using an ebony bow and arrows. It took forever as the deathlords are a real challenge if they see you. It can be accomplished with a high sneak skill though (I only got caught twice). I did it on Expert so I can't tell you how much harder it would be on Master or Legendary, but I can only imagine!

what about respawning?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

ah, I see. Yeah I started it with what I remembered and it did seem really easy. But sure! I'd like to try it just for fun :)
It was basically 10 dragon kills using different combos of vanilla unenchanted bows/arrows. At least 4 had to be ancient dragons or better and at least 1 each on expert and master level

Daelon DuLac

How's about Skuldafn:

what about respawning?
Frankly, that wasn't an issue as I certainly wasn't there long enough for anything to respawn. It is, after all, a rather short challenge. A challenge, but still short.

A little context: it wasn't, originally a challenge. I had, apparently had my greatsword disarmed or something in the recent past and hadn't realized that all I had was the bow and arrows I had just created and improved before I came there and I wasn't playing any sort of mage. I could, however, sneak.

On the plus side, this challenge certainly makes Sovngard real test of your skills. Try it. It's fun!

Maybe I'll do it on this playthrough as well. Hmm... better start improving my archery... hmm...

Rhew

The missing snow elf
How's about Skuldafn:

what about respawning?
Frankly, that wasn't an issue as I certainly wasn't there long enough for anything to respawn. It is, after all, a rather short challenge. A challenge, but still short.

A little context: it wasn't, originally a challenge. I had, apparently had my greatsword disarmed or something in the recent past and hadn't realized that all I had was the bow and arrows I had just created and improved before I came there and I wasn't playing any sort of mage. I could, however, sneak.

On the plus side, this challenge certainly makes Sovngard real test of your skills. Try it. It's fun!

Maybe I'll do it on this playthrough as well. Hmm... better start improving my archery... hmm...

Oh! I see! I missed the part of where the challenge took place and assumed it was all of Skyrim. lol. :oops: Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun. Going through that dungeon was crazy and challenging but fun when I did it with my mage.

Daelon DuLac

what about respawning?

Oh! I see! I missed the part of where the challenge took place and assumed it was all of Skyrim. lol. :oops: Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun. Going through that dungeon was crazy and challenging but fun when I did it with my mage.
I've done it with mages a few times. Not a big deal. Fireball the heck out of everything or chain lightning works. It was heckafun with just an archer though.

One other thing. NO FOLLOWERS!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

I've done it with mages a few times. Not a big deal. Fireball the heck out of everything or chain lightning works. It was heckafun with just an archer though.

It won't allow followers there w/o console exploits on of as your follower can't ride Odahviing.

I could see this being interesting. For some of the early kills, ranged shots are fairly simple but the there are many fairly close encounters as you proceed.

Daelon DuLac

It won't allow followers there w/o console exploits on of as your follower can't ride Odahviing.

I could see this being interesting. For some of the early kills, ranged shots are fairly simple but the there are many fairly close encounters as you proceed.
Oh yeah, right. I never really noticed that since I don't use followers (EVER!). I'm WAAAAYYYYY anti-social (unless I've been drinking, of course)... but then this isn't about me. :)

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Oh yeah, right. I never really noticed that since I don't use followers (EVER!). I'm WAAAAYYYYY anti-social (unless I've been drinking, of course)... but then this isn't about me. :)
lol.

I wouldn't likely use followers too often were I not on PC and able to fix the most annoying pains I dealt with on PS3 that made me go solo whenever possible.

Usually if I am using a follower, it's one of my 2 alternate characters I made into custom followers so that increases my interest in having one or both with me. It also helps that both can whoop some serious butt even if they were solo. I'm usually on master level sometimes legend so any weak followers don't tend to stay following that long before I get an inheritance letter with their name on it.

Rhew

The missing snow elf

lol.

I wouldn't likely use followers too often were I not on PC and able to fix the most annoying pains I dealt with on PS3 that made me go solo whenever possible.

Usually if I am using a follower, it's one of my 2 alternate characters I made into custom followers so that increases my interest in having one or both with me. It also helps that both can whoop some serious butt even if they were solo. I'm usually on master level sometimes legend so any weak followers don't tend to stay following that long before I get an inheritance letter with their name on it.

I pretty much always have a follower with me unless it's one of my assassin/thief characters (which I rarely ever have). I don't like having followers that always run into battle and get in my way which is why I like Faendal so much since he prefers the bow. And honestly, he's saved my character's life many times. and now I have mods that really improve the followers. They actually talk randomly and will go off to do something on their own if you're in an area for awhile. But you know, everyone has their own preferences ^_^

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
lol.

I pretty much always have a follower with me unless it's one of my assassin/thief characters (which I rarely ever have). I don't like having followers that always run into battle and get in my way which is why I like Faendal so much since he prefers the bow. And honestly, he's saved my character's life many times. and now I have mods that really improve the followers. They actually talk randomly and will go off to do something on their own if you're in an area for awhile. But you know, everyone has their own preferences ^_^
I do like the archer as a follower. Karolas will usually back off a bit in the battle and play crowd-control with his bow. He'll jump in and maim things with his sword though when he needs to. Pretty much an ideal follower which is why he is almost always with me. Plus, RP-wise, he and Raido are basically like brothers as each has jumped in and saved the other one a number of times w/o regard for their own life.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member

How's about Skuldafn:

You can encounter Deathlords as early as level 15, and they will completely rape you on Master or Legendary xD

Even at level 65, with no enhancements, the sheer volume of them, the Fus Ro Dah's, and the EXTREME damage of the AI's ranged attack will freaking wreck you.

I've done high difficulty speed runs, and Skuldafin is HELL at lower levels ;-;

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Speaking of which... I need to start my level 1 playthrough soon...

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I have now achieved a entirely new level of badas*ery. Not content with my measly 2 legendary dragon challenge, I now have defeated 5 at the same time with no armor and a wooden sword on legend difficulty.

It took about a day and half and about 37 deaths but take that you motherf'ing legendary dragons...

Going through my screencaps and what video i could get. The system didn't like that much of rendering hell for all that craziness flying about so vidcaps kept crashing me to desktop.

Haven't had fun like that in a while. It actually wore me out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts