• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Swingbo

I await a challenge that will sung in halls on drunken nights and whispered in hushed silence, a challenge I will need no otherworldly powers to accomplish.

Day One - Serah Estiph went to go see her first Destruction trainer, Wuunferth the Unliving in Windhelm. He said that she knows all he does, and refused to train her further. So she is currently undergoing some physical training and then will be making her way to the next Destruction magic trainer, Faralda at the College of Winterhold.

Day Two - Serah Estiph is currently working on leveling up her Destruction. Her Destruction is at level 65 right now after tonight's physical training. She is sidetracked at the moment reforging the Gaulder amulet which is the physical training I'm speaking of - she just has to defeat Sigdis Gaulderson now and reforge the amulet itself. Then she will go on to see Faralda and any other Destruction magic trainers. (Hope reforging the amulet is allowed. Lemme know if not.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I always wanted to go and make an evil character and do the "Scourge of Civilization" challenge, so here are some good screenshots of me taking out Solitude. Every non-essential was killed and then the ones that were essential but worked when I switched them to non-essential in the console. I thought it was funny when it killshotted me running Elisif through. Although it didn't actually kill her, it made for a good screenshot.

TESV 2014-09-30 15-05-04-73.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-20-56-80.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-29-02-02.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-31-01-53.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-38-00-78.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-38-43-36.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-40-16-01.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-40-38-44.png TESV 2014-09-30 15-54-50-44.png TESV 2014-09-30 16-02-37-26.png TESV 2014-09-30 16-05-18-10.png TESV 2014-09-30 16-09-32-65.png TESV 2014-09-30 16-13-50-04.png TESV 2014-09-30 16-12-26-73.png TESV 2014-09-30 16-11-33-96.png TESV 2014-09-30 14-27-47-40.png TESV 2014-09-30 14-49-17-32.png TESV 2014-09-30 14-50-13-06.png TESV 2014-09-30 14-51-29-65.png TESV 2014-09-30 14-51-47-92.png TESV 2014-09-30 14-52-20-54.pngTESV 2014-09-30 14-59-27-26.png

Last edited:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Well in continuing the tales of Nord BadAss Candidate, Drennan Death-Scythe, death incarnate and scourge of civilization, I loaded in the no essentials mod and though it doesn't work on everyone, it did make others kill-able that weren't before.

Doing a little bit of tying up loose ends in Solitude. If you plan on visiting someday, it's such a large city that it really does take two days to get a chance to see and do everything you want.

While in the area, I heard a traveler absolutely had to see the nearby Orc Stronghold of Mor Khazgur. Such an interesting place and such a unique culture. Felt lucky that they let me be a part of it for a day. Despite the prejudices of many in modern society, when you boil it down to an individual level, we really are one and the same.

Then it was off to the quaint little village of Morthal, where I immediately got to partake in an impromptu town hall meeting in front of the Jarl's place. I've always loved small towns. Everyone knows everyone in a way you just don't get in large cities. People are more than neighbors, they are family. Like any family, there are obviously some disagreements about civic matters, but seeing the small town system of government working so effectively was thrilling for this outsider. Even got to have an up-close audience with the Jarl.

After Morthal, it was a trip south along the Karth River to ultimately make my way to the Stone City of Markarth, but en-route I had to stop over at the towns of Dragon's Bridge and Kartwasten. Dragon's Bridge is the home of the ancient massive bridge the town gets its name from as well as the regional outpost of the elite unit of the Emperor's personal guard. Very exciting as I did have some extra time to kill. I also had some of the best chicken I ever ate during my visit.

Karthwasten is another great small town. It's a mining community where practically all life there revolves in some way around the mines. Like Morthal, when I first got to town I got to watch a meeting of townsfolk discussing the dangers of bandits that have been attacking settlements in the area. I'm glad to see that the town has gathered a security team to aid their defense and that the team is open to hearing all the concerns of the good citizens. I decided to stay the night here and then head to Markarth in the morning. Everyone was just dying to have me stay with them, so I felt obligated to accept.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Can I have a smithing challenge? I always liked smithing :3

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
This one is a bit of a challenge to think up as usually they involve some uber challenge in more direct combat skills, but if you are still interested in this, then my idea for a smithing-related challenge is this:

The participant wanting to be granted the title of 'Badass Smitty' must ultimately craft one of every craftable weapon, armor and miscellaneous item which can be created at a forge or any of the common crafting equipment found at a fully equipped forge such as the forge/anvil, tanning rack, etc. This is a three stage challenge.

Stage 1 : Initial Basic Crafting

There are 56 forge locations as listed at UESPWiki.

The participant will make a rotation through all the forge locations in the game. At each location you will craft one item (unimproved) you haven't crafted in any of your previous stops. Once you have created your 1 item, you can mark the crafted item and that forge location off your list and then move to the next item after going to the next forge location. You cannot visit the same forge twice before you have visited all forges on the list once. Forge locations or items can only be exempted from this challenge if they exist solely in a DLC that you have not purchased.

You must start out each item from the rawest possible raw materials (i.e. obtain ore, smelt into ingots and use those to craft) though you may obtain the raw materials in any way you wish be it mining ore, hunting for hides/pelts, chopping wood or purchasing or stealing the raw materials. You must be the one that does the conversion of the raw material into the required refined crafting material. Materials must be obtained within the intended framework of the game and thus console adding raw materials for any stage is not permitted.

For this stage to be cleared, the unique specialty forges and the unique items they create are not required to be included. This means you can skip the Atronach, Aetherium and Lunar Forges and the items you craft exclusively there for this stage. For the purposes of this challenge, Skyforge is counted as a non-unique forge and thus is included in the requirements for this challenge.

For tracking purposes, provide a list of which item was crafted at which location. If you are on a PC, taking a screen shot of you at the forge location is also preferred.

Stage 2 : Specialty Items / Unique Crafting Locations

For the purpose of this trial, unique/specialty locations/items will include the Atronach Forge, the Lunar Forge and the Aetherium Forge and the craftable items unique to that forge.

To complete Stage 2, the participant will visit each of the unique forges and make one of all the unique items available at that location for the Forge. Exceptions are made for the Aetherium forge when you are only able to make 1 of the 3 items. A similar exemption will be given for the Atronach Forge since recipes and materials might be hard to come by so the participant will only be required to make 3 of the possible Atronach Forge items.

Where applicable, the participant will be expected to begin with the most raw of raw materials, though the method of obtaining those raw materials is not specified except that materials obtained via console commands are not allowed.

Stage 3 : Crafted Item Improvement

To clear stage 3, the participant will now demonstrate the ability to improve each of the items created in the earlier stages that are able to be improved at either an armorer's workbench or a grinding wheel. Like in stage 1, the participant will improve 1 item only at a given forge location before proceeding to a different forge to improve the next item. Again, a given forge may not be visited a second time until each of the other forges in the list have been visited once. Items which are not capable of being improved are obviously exempted from this stage.

The limits placed on obtaining crafting materials used in Stage 3 are more stringent than the previous stages. In this stage, the participant is still required to begin with the most basic of raw materials but now is not permitted to purchase said materials. Ore must be mined then smelted, hides must be obtained by hunting and so on.

Once each crafted item that is able to be improved has been improved under the specified guidelines, Stage 3 will be cleared and the participant will be awarded the title of 'Badass Smitty.'

Bonus Challenge -

I will reward the completion of this challenge with all my available rep points, which is currently at 18, if the participant demonstrates a true devotion to being the best smith in Skyrim by eliminating their competitors by killing the ones that are non-essential characters. Think of yourself enacting Microsoft business practices and you get the idea.

-------------

I personally wish you luck in your endeavor and a gladly await the induction of a new Badass into the group.

RAIDO

Last edited:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I await a challenge that will sung in halls on drunken nights and whispered in hushed silence, a challenge I will need no otherworldly powers to accomplish.
What specific area are you looking for a challenge in? Is your character trying to be a bad ass in a particular school of magic, a specific skill like thieving, stealth, melee combat, hand-to-hand or something else?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Ria will be happy that I fought a bear today

TESV 2014-10-31 20-12-05-67.png

A bad ass always has the right weapon on them for the job at hand.

TESV 2014-11-01 04-38-01-77.png

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
You really don't need to do much to be sung of or talked about in OUR drunken halls xD wild bastards are always drunk and thus shamelessly singing about anything that strikes their fancy.

However. If you truly want a challenge worthy of song, I will oblige. I warn you however, this will not be easy, and will only be humanly possible- barely.

Still interested?

If you are, well, I think some conquests of a different kind should be observed here

If you truly wish to be remembered in drunken halls everywhere, FOREVER, then your task is simple.

You will marry every available NPC (choose one side, male or female, to complete. No special reward will be given for both), and... well. Sleep with them. Then divorce them in true Skyrim fashion and move on to the next! I advice avoiding essential NPCs unless you can find an alternate method of breaking the bond. Due to these limitations, however, you will only be required one essential NPC.

If there is an alternate method for breaking the bond that I am not yet aware of, available to everyone, say so before hand. Else you will have to do so the old fashioned way. A battle to the death. Oh, the joys of marriage!

Have fun destroying the sanctity of marriage! Make us proud!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
The marriage one is brilliant. It's a conquest at a completely new level. Definitely song worthy for any brave soul that makes it happen.

Rhew

The missing snow elf
I want a stealth challenge, please!

Staff member
"2. One with the Shadows - Sneak your way through Deepwood Redoubt, in heavy armor, from beginning to end, and back through. No illusion magic, custom enchanted armor, or Fortify Sneak enchants above an extra 50 points TOTAL. No Muffle enchanted items. A maximum of 10 potions can be used, only 2 of which can be Invisibility potions. None of the Forsworn can be killed, and you cannot be detected."

Would you accept this challenge, or would you rather have another?

Rhew

The missing snow elf
"2. One with the Shadows - Sneak your way through Deepwood Redoubt, in heavy armor, from beginning to end, and back through. No illusion magic, custom enchanted armor, or Fortify Sneak enchants above an extra 50 points TOTAL. No Muffle enchanted items. A maximum of 10 potions can be used, only 2 of which can be Invisibility potions. None of the Forsworn can be killed, and you cannot be detected."

I'll accept this one ^_^

Staff member

I'll accept this one ^_^
I wish you the best of luck. I really do.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Toxius

Frost Wolf
Interesting, anything for me? I don't mind doing whatever you throw at me.

Also, I'm not really sure at this point but if I remember correctly, essentials can become non-essential if they join the blades. This could help with the marriage one. Well, with some at least.

Swingbo

What specific area are you looking for a challenge in? Is your character trying to be a bad ass in a particular school of magic, a specific skill like thieving, stealth, melee combat, hand-to-hand or something else?
I preferably use spellsword in day to day combat.

Swingbo

You really don't need to do much to be sung of or talked about in OUR drunken halls xD wild bastards are always drunk and thus shamelessly singing about anything that strikes their fancy.

However. If you truly want a challenge worthy of song, I will oblige. I warn you however, this will not be easy, and will only be humanly possible- barely.

Still interested?

If you are, well, I think some conquests of a different kind should be observed here

If you truly wish to be remembered in drunken halls everywhere, FOREVER, then your task is simple.

You will marry every available NPC (choose one side, male or female, to complete. No special reward will be given for both), and... well. Sleep with them. Then divorce them in true Skyrim fashion and move on to the next! I advice avoiding essential NPCs unless you can find an alternate method of breaking the bond. Due to these limitations, however, you will only be required one essential NPC.

If there is an alternate method for breaking the bond that I am not yet aware of, available to everyone, say so before hand. Else you will have to do so the old fashioned way. A battle to the death. Oh, the joys of marriage!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I ACCEPT

Swingbo

Still interested?

I am xbox, is there a way to remarry?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Yeah, a number of essentials lose that tag when you complete a particular quest or part of the storyline, for example you can kill Elenwen any time after you complete the quest of crashing the party. There are lists I found that show marriage candidates and lists for essentials and for those that aren't permanently essential, what requirement makes the switch