• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

What fate shall befall High Rock?

• War with Hammerfell

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • War with Skyrim

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Alliance with Hammerfell

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Alliance with Skyrim

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Skyrimosity

Okay everyone, this is a fan-fic idea I had. I will be writing this fan-fic in as the King of High Rock. This is going to be about Kings, diplomacy, Drama between kingdoms, and war. I'd also like to make it clear now that Rise to Fame shall still continue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backstory:
The time is the start of the 5th Era. And rightfully so, as the world has changed much in the past 200 years since the Dragonborn of Skyrim defeated Alduin by sacrificing his life in a final battle in Sovngarde. All of Tamriel fell into turmoil shortly thereafter.​
Stormcloak Skyrim - Ulfric Stormcloak and his Rebels overthrew the Imperial Empire and Ulfric became the High King. Everyone assumed Skyrim would deteriorate after his reign but Ulfric managed to balance out relations with the world and make sure peace stayed in Skyrim while it re-built after the war. Ulfric's descendants continue to rule Skyrim to this day, the current leader being High King Ulfric V.​
Orsinium - Orsinium fought a bloody revolutionary war against the Imperial Empire. Orsinium's determination and strength won in the end, but their population was greatly reduced. They are now a small country but protect themselves with many forts and great weapons. Their country has been all but turned into a fortress. The current King/Warlord is Balkhorz Gro-Uguk.​
Elsewyr - The Aldmeri Dominion used to have total control over Elsewyr. However, more and more Khajiit realized that the Thalmor were incapable of bringing back the moons. Revolutionists managed to overthrow the Thalmor and had enough support from the rest of Tamriel as to prevent the Thalmor regime of the time from invading. Little is known about their King or how their country has managed.​
Valenwood - The native Bosmer began uniting their clans so as to rid their homeland of the Thalmor and their cruelty. The Bosmer Revolutionaries had an easy time of overthrowing the Thalmor as the Thalmor considered Valenwood of low-strategic value. The man who unified the clans, Arith the Prosperous, soon organized Valenwood into a single army and culture. He is still in power as a vampire which he convinced his people was the ultimate life-determination of maintaining the Green Pact.​
Morrowind - The country had been ravaged by war and volcanic devastation for many years, even being enslaved by the Argonians of Black Marsh. However, a local Dunmer named Savile the Great (then just known as Savile) led a rebellion against the Argonians and managed to unite Morrowind once more. He dissolved the Great Houses and established himself as ruler. His descendants are still in power to this day though he never had a son so power fell to his brother. King Salvadius is their current ruler.​
High Rock - Encouraged by the Stormcloak Rebellion, the noble families of High Rock joined together in a meeting, now called the Great Assembly, where it was by majority vote that they decided the Imperial Empire did not benefit the people of High Rock. They sent a letter to Cyrodiil where Cyrodiil granted High Rock their freedom. The noble families meet at the death of every King and decide on a new leader.​
Cyrodiil - The Imperial Empire fell into a state of collapse after being defeated by Ulfric Stormcloak in Skyrim. It was surrounded by enemies on all sides. A Civil War was fought between the remaining Generals of the Imperial Legion. General Valus Vesilius was the winner and he organized Cyrodiil into a military power after many further years of turmoil. King Vesilius VI is the current ruler.​
Summerset Isles - The Aldmeri Dominion fell apart as the Thalmor began to be recognized as weak. The Thalmor have spent many years brainwashing the population of the isles into believing in their cause. They seek to once again threaten the world as they did in the Great War. Nobody outside of the Thalmor know who their leader is.​
Hammerfell - Hammerfell has remained mainly the same since they kicked the Aldmeri Dominion out of their country. They have, over the years, petitioned the government of High Rock trying to combine their countries. High Rock has always refused, enjoying their freedom, but tensions between High Rock and Hammerfell are extremely high.​
Argonia AKA Black Marsh - The Argonians were embarrassed when the Dunmer freed themselves from their rule. This resulted in turmoil amongst their government and they fell into many years of Civil War. After a Civil War which lasted 50 years, General Kills-his-Foes took over Argonia and crowned himself King. His grandson currently leads the land of Argonia, King Conquers-Many-Foes.​

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
First of all, I love you so much for including my name! Kudos to you! And don't think I did't notice Arith! I believe some of the other names are also related to RPs, but I haven't recognized them as of yet. At first I felt this was similar to the timeline I proposed, but it got very different by Elsewyr, so I doubt it is involved at all, and if so only very little. It sounds like a great idea to me, though why you chose to write from the Breton king instead of the obviously superior Conquers-Many-Foes escapes me. I'd have to see more of it, but so far it sounds good. My only complaint swould be the complicity of the Aldmeri Dominion when it comes to the rebellions, the fact that no one decided to invade anyone (especially the war-torn Cyrodill) and the fact that Ulfric managed to balance out relations. I, for one, wouldn't trust that man with one septim. Of course, I am prejudiced against Ulfric. I am sure he's much better at leading than I say he is. I just hate his ideals. The Dominion would probably be too busy dealing with things in the North to focus on low-value areas to the south, though this still bugs me more than the other two problems, and Cyrodillic forces would probably manage to hold their own borders before eventually being conquered. Oh, just two more things. First off, what about the Orsimer and their role in this? What happened to Orsinium? And second, are all the provincial borders the same? Has Skyrim expanded south at all? East, maybe? Does Black Marsh hold any alnd in what was once Morrowind? Did the Dunmer take any Argonian land when they rebelled? Of course, this is still an amazing idea! These are just some questions and suggestions. Sorry if they seem disorderly. My writing can get sloppy later in the day.

Edit: Totally forgot to adress the Dragonborn issue. Whatever happened to him/her? Did they even exist?

Skyrimosity

First of all, I love you so much for including my name! Kudos to you! And don't think I did't notice Arith! I believe some of the other names are also related to RPs, but I haven't recognized them as of yet. At first I felt this was similar to the timeline I proposed, but it got very different by Elsewyr, so I doubt it is involved at all, and if so only very little. It sounds like a great idea to me, though why you chose to write from the Breton king instead of the obviously superior Conquers-Many-Foes escapes me. I'd have to see more of it, but so far it sounds good. My only complaint swould be the complicity of the Aldmeri Dominion when it comes to the rebellions, the fact that no one decided to invade anyone (especially the war-torn Cyrodill) and the fact that Ulfric managed to balance out relations. I, for one, wouldn't trust that man with one septim. Of course, I am prejudiced against Ulfric. I am sure he's much better at leading than I say he is. I just hate his ideals. The Dominion would probably be too busy dealing with things in the North to focus on low-value areas to the south, though this still bugs me more than the other two problems, and Cyrodillic forces would probably manage to hold their own borders before eventually being conquered. Oh, just two more things. First off, what about the Orsimer and their role in this? What happened to Orsinium? And second, are all the provincial borders the same? Has Skyrim expanded south at all? East, maybe? Does Black Marsh hold any alnd in what was once Morrowind? Did the Dunmer take any Argonian land when they rebelled? Of course, this is still an amazing idea! These are just some questions and suggestions. Sorry if they seem disorderly. My writing can get sloppy later in the day.

Edit: Totally forgot to adress the Dragonborn issue. Whatever happened to him/her? Did they even exist?
1: All the borders are the same as you will find in a map of Tamriel.
2: About Orsinium, I curse you for a thousand years for noticing that before the edit.
3: I did use some RP names and such because I was unaware of common names belonging to every race.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
1: All the borders are the same as you will find in a map of Tamriel.
2: About Orsinium, I curse you for a thousand years for noticing that before the edit.
3: I did use some RP names and such because I was unaware of common names belonging to every race.

I naturally deflect all curses. That still leaves the Dragonborn issue. Only answer that if it affects the fanfic at all. If not, it doesn't matter.

Skyrimosity

I naturally deflect all curses. That still leaves the Dragonborn issue. Only answer that if it affects the fanfic at all. If not, it doesn't matter.
There, edited the Dragonborn's fate and Orsimer in.

Google

Very Interesting Idea. Its a shame that the Dragonborn had died to save a world that would only fall into chaos.

The Greybeards say something along these lines during the main story. "Who are we to judge when the world should end, when it has already been fortold in legend. Perhapes the world should end, so that it may be reborn."

Also, what happened to General Tullius? I like that guy, mainly because of the voice actor.

Skyrimosity

Very Interesting Idea. Its a shame that the Dragonborn had died to save a world that would only fall into chaos.

The Greybeards say something along these lines during the main story. "Who are we to judge when the world should end, when it has already been fortold in legend. Perhapes the world should end, so that it may be reborn."

Also, what happened to General Tullius? I like that guy, mainly because of the voice actor.
Stormcloak win = Tullius death, right? Or has it been WAY too long since I've played Skyrim?

Google

Stormcloak win = Tullius death, right? Or has it been WAY too long since I've played Skyrim?

No, your right. I just never played as the Stormcloaks and wanted to know what happened to Tullius.

As for Tullius death, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! He was my favorite voice acted character!

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
Can't wait to read it Sky! :D

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I like the scenarios you present and there is a logical reasoning for them that is communicated clearly.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I like the fact that you made my old name the king of Black Marsh. Why don't you write from his point of view? He is obviously better than whoever rules stupid High Rock! Or even Aritith. I'm not sure WIKI would like you warping his character much more, though.

Skyrimosity

Chapter 1: New King of High Rock -5E 1
As the new Era had only recently begun, it seemed no surprise to the populace when the King of High Rock passed away. In the majority of monarchies, the King's son would be the next in line. However, High Rock long ago, in a meeting called the Great Assembly, realized the danger that offered. It was decided, nearly 185 years ago to this day, that a new King of High Rock would be decided only through a meeting of all noble families. The representatives of each family would stay in Daggerfall Castle until an agreement was reached.​
As it is, the families are currently in assembly. Each side is arguing over whom shall assume the Kingship and lead High Rock during the harsh times which so soon shall face the land. There is much debate, every family seemingly offering its own candidate only to have another family pull out the bad sides of said candidate. This went on for nearly a week and the entire country began to wonder if any one man would ever be picked to lead the country.​
It was one day, that one of the lesser noble families suggested a man named Mordyn Gaering. He was a general in High Rock's army for many years and currently lived a peaceful life in Daggerfall City. Unlike the other nominees, none of the other families could find a stable argument against Gaering. The meeting continued only one more day after his name was put up, all the families agreeing that he was the best man to lead High Rock in this new Era.​
A courier was sent to tell Gaering to come to Daggerfall Castle as soon as possible. He was there the very next morning. All the families stood there as he walked into the Castle. With a silent nod from every representative, Gaering realized that they had chosen him to be their King. He walked up to the eldest representative and knelt a stair below him.​
The elder's voice boomed in the silent Castle."Do you, Mordyn Gaering, accept the responsibilities and duties as King of High Rock? To protect and serve its people as you are called upon? To be a just, fair ruler? To serve your country before your own free will?"​
Mordyn's voice reigned "With all my heart and soul."​
The elder nodded. "Then it is official. You are now the King of High Rock. Rule always with open eyes and good health, my majesty."​
The representatives of the families dispersed to their homes having been confined in Daggerfall Castle. King Mordyn quickly called for a courier. "Courier, I want you to take this note to Jaygue of the High Rock Battlemages Division, Edwyrik of the High Rock Army and to Valus Polus, the best known merchant in Tamriel. He is stationed about 5 miles north of this city in a small shop. Do make haste."​
And with that, the courier was off to deliver the message to all of those persons. The message simply said​
"I expect you in Daggerfall Castle within 2 days. Make haste.​
-Your new King."​
(I am sorry its a bit short but I just had to get the crowning of the King done with the first post. Next one should be much longer.​

Skyrimosity

Chapter 2: A Kingly Meeting - 5E 1
And so two days have passed since the crowning of Mordyn Gaering as King of High Rock. There have been celebrations and other festivities held in his honor, both out of respect of the new King and so the citizens had an excuse to get insanely drunk. Meanwhile, the courier had been busy delivering the messages as told to by the king. He first had to run to the Military Camp to send for General Edwyrik and Supreme Battlemage Jaygue, Supreme Battlemage being the title of leader of the High Rock Battlemages Division. He then ran north to get the merchant Valus Polus whom was selling his wares to some of the citizens. The three men have recently arrived at the castle.​
King Gaering stood before the three very different men while he sat upon the throne of High Rock, a magnificent seat decorated with carvings of gold. He said to the three men "I have called you here today because I am now the King. As the King, I am determined to ready this country for whatever disaster it may face." King Gaering stood up and cleared his throat. "General Edwyrik, you are the highest ranking officer in our armies. Jaygue, you are the leader of our Battlemages whom are some of the best fighters in Tamriel. Valus, you are the greatest merchant in the lands. Now, each one of you shall serve a unique purpose in the future of High Rock due to your ranks and abilities. Allow me to elaborate on what I mean."​
The King stared directly into Edwyrik's eyes. "You, General, are in charge of my main army. I want you to begin a massive organization and recruitment campaign at once. Hammerfell is becoming increasingly demanding of us joining their lands, something that shall not happen under my reign. I want you to organize the main army along the land where the River stops and Hammerfell and High Rock share a direct border via land. I want you to also organize a guard station at every bridge between Hammerfell and High Rock to secure our borders. And your second priority is to appoint a new Admiral of the King's Navy. Do you understand your responsibilities?"​
The General spoke "Yes, your majesty."​
The King spoke once more, "And this is to be done within two years. No questions asked."​
The King turned his attention now to Jaygue. "You, Jaygue, have a very important task. You are to teach all the mages under your jurisdiction these two tomes." The King pulled two books out of a nearby chest. "They are the secrets to Conjuring Flame Atronachs and to using Bound Swords. The Flame Atronachs would be great when outnumbered, allowing your men to easily summon aid. The Bound Sword spell is to be used when your men are forced to fight in close quarters. They are also useful when a soldier drops his sword. I also want you to begin recruiting all the stray mages you can find. They may be needed in times to come. Do you understand your duties?"​
Jaygue simply nodded.​
The King responded, "I suggest you get started as soon as you are able. It takes some many time to learn a new spell, let alone two."​
King Gaering now turned all his attention onto Valus Polus. "You Valus have the most important job. You are to organize High Rock's trading with foreign nations. Our country is rich in natural resources and we have a very diverse population. You should have no trouble finding citizens in need of income and steady employment. Now, your first task is to acquire plenty of lumber. The lumber can be traded for from Skyrim who has an abundance of forests. I am giving you a total of ten-thousand Septims from the treasury. You will use those to hire workers and to build a trading center on our western border and perhaps another on our eastern border with Skyrim, depending on the costs. You will receive no further Septims so be sure to spend wisely. Do you understand the job you have been given?"​
Valus spoke up "Well yes I do my King, but I have a question. Why me? I'm not even a Breton! I'm an Imperial!"​
King Gaering smirked "Have you not lived in High Rock your entire life and been a merchant here for many years? Yes, you may be an Imperial but you are certainly more a Breton. Now, I want you all to get to work on your tasks immediately. No time is to go to waste. No questions asked for you have been assigned your duties. That is all."​
The three invitees of the King then left the castle, each in deep thought about how to best get their tasks completed. King Gaering, meanwhile, began writing letters to each of the Kingdoms of Tamriel. Excluding the Summerset Isles however, they were rumored to kill couriers.​
5E 2
King Gaering continues to keep his country happy, visiting each of the major cities of High Rock. He has organized some of the guards into a small defense force for western High Rock, the First Guardians. The First Guardians are led by High Guard Agrane. The First Guardians are stationed just outside Daggerfall City.​
General Edwyrik has relocated his army just North of the small area between High Rock and Hammerfell which isn't interrupted by the river. The army is undergoing extensive training programs to better prepare the armies of High Rock to defend. The best part about their position was that it was also a great place to defend if either Hammerfell or Skyrim ever invaded. Building of the new guard stations on the bridges have barely begun and appear to be underfunded and lack enough men to pull off building the guard stations. The project is canceled by the General, without approval from the King.​
Jaygue has successfully taught all the battlemages Conjure Flame Atronach and Bound Sword. He has stationed the High Rock Battlemage Division about two miles north of General Edwyrik's military camp.​
Valus Polus has built up a workforce of over one-thousand men, who are busy building both a port and trade building in western High Rock. He bought one-hundred caravan fulls of lumber from Skyrim, negotiating a relatively cheap price of two thousand Septims.​
5E 3
King Gaering has entered discussion of an alliance with the Nords of Skyrim. Messages have been sent both ways and the messages so far have been promising.​
General Edwyrik has continued to ignore the guard stations, claiming that he would build a big enough army that the stations would be unneeded. A friction exists between him and King Gaering.​
Jaygue has not done too much in the last year, preferring to perfect his own skills rather than be involved in any kinds of politics.​
Valus Polus and his workforce have completed building a new trading port and building. They have already begun trading with the lands of Hammerfell, Valenwood, and Summerset Isles although none of those three countries seem willing enough to commit too much in trade with High Rock. He has left the majority of all trading between High Rock and Skyrim to individual merchants, deciding against building a trading center in the East.​
And thus, the tasks of the three men have been completed for the most part. However, Hammerfell has grown increasingly hostile toward High Rock. They have publicly demanded annexation of High Rock or, according to their King, there will be a war. The citizens of High Rock are on edge, worried about an invasion from the Redguards. Only time will tell how future events between Hammerfell and High Rock unfold.​

Skyrimosity

Whoo... it has been way too long since I updated this thing! But anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone that this shall be continued but I have just been either busy, relaxing, or too outright lazy to update this. But, coming up soon I will finally have enough time to write an update so be expecting it within 7 days!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts