• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Bambi

"Yes, it's just above ground and a district away." Corvus replied, his openness on the subject surprising Leona. She would expect him to be a little more secretive about his base, especially as they were talking in the open. Assuming that was where he kept his valuables, she wondered why he did not get robbed. Perhaps the thieves not affiliated with the guild stayed away out of fear for him.

"I'll take two horses. Get them ready in the stables by nightfall." Corvus said, giving the woman a large bag of coins. Leona knew that Corvus was by no means short on money, and it puzzled her why he lived the way he did. Whilst she loved the thrill of thievery, if she ever amounted enough coin, she would surely purchase a large property and live in grandeur. It confused her that he had no apparent desire for luxury.

"Follow me." Corvus addressed her again.

“Of course,” Leona responded eagerly.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    It was late afternoon when the two arrived at the church. The church stood tall and strong among the ruined buildings of the city. The windows were mostly covered with wood planks, there were some obvious repair spots, and some missing bricks, but other than that the grey stone brick building was rather sound.

Corvus opened the door, his eyes darted about inside. He held the door for Leona then stepped inside. The main room contained rows of broken pews, a destroyed altar, a doorway to another room, and a spiral staircase to the bell tower. Books were scattered all over the place. Golden plates, and jewelry were thrown about.

"Please, make yourself at home." Corvus said, nodding at Leona. He made his way through the doorway and began to rummage through some chests and grab a few pouches. It occurred to him that he had been rather kind to Leona so far, a side of him he rarely showed to those besides orphans. It disturbed him slightly. He hoped he wasn't becoming soft, it was intimidation alone that kept his base safe.

Corvus found a book nestled behind an end table. A pocket guide to vampires. Corvus had always been fascinated by the creatures. Their speed and strength coupled with their wit and intimidation interested him. He had some sort of hope to become one, deep down. It would cure his insomnia, never needing to sleep again. He could have such power, a true predator of the night. Corvus knew it was a stretch though. Vampires were rare in this day and age, and any that he did find would most likely rather kill him than turn him.

Corvus' pack was now rather full. It contained plenty of gold, the vampire book, most of his sleeping potions, a few other books, and he had placed his dagger on his belt next to his longsword. He made his way back into the main room, now only needing to head to the bell tower and grab his bed roll.

Bambi

Leona was surprised that Corvus’ base was a church, she had expected something a little more inconspicuous. Whilst the church itself was in rather good condition, especially considering the extent of destruction in the city, the inside was quite a mess. It seemed surreal that people had once prayed at this church and simply gone about their daily routine in the grand city given its current state.

Leona was fascinated by the amount of valuables just thrown about. She vaguely heard Corvus say something to her, but her attention was elsewhere. She walked up to a particularly shiny necklace and picked it up, holding it up to the light to watch it sparkle, “You could make a fortune off of these.” She wondered why he didn’t. She had realised by now that he didn’t care for the riches she desired, but this still simply didn’t make sense to her.

Leona continued to look around, picking up a book off the ground. She opened up to a random page and squinted at the text. When she was a child, she had received extensive lessons in areas like etiquette and beauty, but a very limited amount on an actual education. Due to this, she could only just read a simple sentence and her writing capabilities barely exceeded a messy scrawl of her name. Illiteracy was common, but not for someone originating from her class, and not something Leona would quickly admit to. She placed the book back down on the ground and looked to Corvus, wondering if he had gotten everything he needed to yet.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    “You could make a fortune off of these.” Leona said, looking at one of his more valuable necklaces. It was true, he had enough items that he could sell them and live happily for the rest of his life. That, however, did not appeal to Corvus. "Possibly. What would be the point in that though? I would buy a mansion? Eat nice food? Go to fancy parties? No thank you. I refuse to become that what I have spent my life hating and leeching off of. I'll live this life until the day that I die." Corvus said, trailing off at the end. Death did not scare him, but aging did. Should he grow old enough that he could no longer steal, he would be forced to live the noble life. He hated that thought, he would do anything to prevent it, he would die before he became the enemy.

"Come to the bell tower if you like, the views rather nice." Corvus said before making his way up the spiral staircase. He looked out on the crumbling city, he was one of the last remaining lights in a dark world. The sun was lowering, it would be dark soon, they needed to leave. He began packing up his bedroll and a few other items.

Bambi

"Possibly. What would be the point in that though? I would buy a mansion? Eat nice food? Go to fancy parties? No thank you. I refuse to become that what I have spent my life hating and leeching off of. I'll live this life until the day that I die." Corvus responded, his distaste for the lifestyle that Leona desired plainly obvious.

His words stung a little. Leona was born into nobility and he had basically said he despised it. She wondered how he would react if he discovered her heritage, would he hate her? The thought troubled her. Leona valued the opinions of others highly and did not wish to be hated, especially by someone with a high position in the guild. She took solace in the thought that he probably already suspected her heritage. If one was observant enough, then it was somewhat obvious she was different from most runaways. The way she spoke, her mannerisms, the way she held herself - they were all indications of her past.

"Come to the bell tower if you like, the views rather nice."

Leona followed him up the staircase and looked at the decaying city before her. The ruins looked beautiful in the sunset, but the crumbling city was a sad sight. She imagined it in it’s former glory, with streets filled with people of all walks of life, blissfully going about their lives, and wondered how such a grand city had fallen so far. She looked back to Corvus, who was packing up the last of his items, and said, “Are we ready?”

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts