• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Gidian's Character Card (Updated)
    Just typed this up real quick. Let me know if I forgot anything or you guys want me to add anything. I can include a FULL backstory if you guys want, and it would offer more insight into the current arc of the story but at the cost of surprise character development and spoilers.

General Information
    Full Name: Gidian “Ire” Draconias

Race: Nord

Birth Sign: The Lady

Date of Birth: 15th of Hearthfire, 4E 176

Religion: Cult of Boethiah

Dwelling: In the Emperor's Palace

Properties: An Estate on the plains of Whiterun

Marital/Romantic Relationship Status: Single

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Afflictions: None, except for the strong possibility of insanity and a few strong doses of paranoia, as well as limited PTSD

Laterality: Right handed

Physical Characteristics
    Hair Style: Short and rough, as if kept trimmed with a knife

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Facial Hair Style: Clean shaven

Facial Hair Color: Dark Brown

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Skin Tone: Light Caucasian

Build: Tall, muscular, and athletic

Height: 6’1”

Weight: Roughly 190 Ibs.

Scars: He has some on his hands from various hunting accidents and accidents while maintaining his gear. He even has scars from shaving and hair cutting accidents. He has several scars on his arms and torso, including arrow and knife wounds, but relatively few considering the life he has led

Facial Features/Description: His facial features tend to be narrow and his cheeks free of pudge. His eyes tend to have traces of dark circles from stress and lack of sleep, he has weak smile/laugh lines from rarely doing either of those things, and the generally narrow inclination of his features has created a natural glare when he rests his features, brow down turned, mouth set in a frown, all supported by prominent, high cheekbones. All in all, a narrow and lean face full of seriousness.

Skills
    Gidian has been fighting for most of his life. Having been raised in a proud warrior family, he was trained since youth in the ways of martial combat, and then put it to use almost every day in order to support his family. His combat abilities are his pride and joy, while often times the jobs he took were grueling and never ending, he loved every second of fighting he did in them. He's a natural warrior with a passion for his work, or rather, his life.

From technique, flexibility, and endurance training in his youth until he could begin proper strength training, Gidian's body is honed as a weapon in and of itself.

Gidian favors one handed weapons, but be it one handed, two handed, or bare handed Gidian is well practiced and deadly. His skill at blocking is also superb. He is more at home in light armor, as his work had him travelling often, but he is trained to use heavy armor in a dedicated large scale combat operation. He has no innate magical abilities and is only average with a bow and arrow, preferring to utilize throwing weapons if he needs some form of ranged attack at all.

He is competent with stealth, as he has worked as a hunter and with the Thieves Guild, and even did work as a bounty hunter and assassin. He relied on his natural athletic ability and lighter build in his youth to account for much of his stealth ability. As he grew older and bigger, however, he was forced to stop relying on those factors and begin some dedicated practice. Given his distaste for ranged weapons and lack of skill with them in general, he is much more at home with sneaking in the wilderness than he is in a city, as he often had to get closer than normal to an animal he was hunting to bring it down with his clumsy shots. However, he is no stealth master. His abilities extend to getting close and then striking. While he can competently get in undetected, he does not have the finesse to strike and then disappear undetected. In this regard he has all the subtlety of a tactical battering ram, strategically deployed where it's needed and then cut loose to batter down the surprised opposition with the blitz of his often far superior combat abilities.

He is a skilled craftsman, able to construct and maintain quality tools of dealing death. However, this skill with constructing weapons and armor only extends to certain techniques. While he is VERY good at creating the one or two styles that he has been trained with, these skills don't entirely transfer as far as other styles of weapons and armor goes.

He has limited Alchemical skill with poison and healing. He can identify a very large range of plants and what their basic purposes are. However, these are considered only a small and convenient tool to occasionally add to his already formidable arsenal. Mostly, he uses this knowledge to help him identify what's safe to eat and what isn't, when someone else is using poison, or to apply treatment to himself for combat wounds. Many of his scars are the result of very basic and rudimentary medical treatment.

He is a skilled horseback rider, often having to utilize a mount for swift travel as his several odd jobs took him across the world.

He is a terrible pickpocket (very little subtlety and finesse up close) and he never practiced lockpicking.

Gear
    Normal Attire: Earthy colored pants and shirt with a dark fur jacket, made from one of his first kills and one of his few sentimental possessions. He wears it often because he often feels cold, despite a warm temperature in a room at any given time. The temperature has to be well and truly on the warm side before he feels comfortable enough to remove it. Aside from that, he wears a pair of sturdy work boots, though he has taken some measure of muffling their sound. He keeps his heavy bladed hunting knife and his lighter throwing knife on him at all times.

Standard Gear: A light mix of tough furs, tough leather, chain mail, and light plates protecting vital areas, his armor is a patchwork history of his life, a story in and of itself of his greatest triumphs and greatest failures. He often learned the hard way which places on his body needed more protection than others, and he used his furs and mottled cloak to help him move about the wilderness undetected. He has multiple styles of armor for different environments, but typically sticks with the basic standard of earthy colors and normal colored furs. He keeps a cowl and mask close at hand, as in his profession he has become quite well known, and his potential enemies are among the deadliest in the world. He also appreciates the usefulness that the air of mystery and menacing yields, utilizing them as another tool. He sports his knives as well as his preferred weapon, a sword he made and perfected himself, as a simple but deadly arsenal. In addition, he tends to keep two or three additional throwing knives hidden on his person.

Dedicated Combat Gear: Since he doesn't keep a suit of his own, he typically uses whatever he can get his hands on if he needs some dedicated heavy armor. He also prefers to wield mace or other blunt weapon as a sidearm, and something with reach like a spear as his primary, as well as several javelins.

Backstory
    Developing. Since I've set Gidian up as the primary drive of the story right now, revealing his backstory could reveal spoilers. Also, I like being able to change his backstory and improve it over time as I throw out old ideas that I come to see as stupid and bringing in fresh ones. That said, I will try to work on a proper backstory in my spare time.

Last edited:

Staff member
    Two options for the timeline. Titus Mede II can be assassinated almost right after the White Gold Concordat is signed, or we can say the RP starts 20-30 years after the starting date of Skyrim and he can be assassinated around the same time he would be in-game.

Last edited:

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Since @Keidivh didn't respond to my first tag, you two (@Archer Drake and @Melee) are free to NPC him and have him fade into the background (mention him only as much as absolutely necessary and leave his parts as open ended as you can) and move on. I'll allow you to drag his character along for as long as you see fit, but when you decide enough time has passed I will have his character removed.
    Sounds good! I'll start working on something tomorrow. :D

Staff member
    Since @Keidivh didn't respond to my first tag, you two (@Archer Drake and @Melee) are free to NPC him and have him fade into the background (mention him only as much as absolutely necessary and leave his parts as open ended as you can) and move on. I'll allow you to drag his character along for as long as you see fit, but when you decide enough time has passed I will have his character removed.
    Sounds good! I'll start working on something tomorrow. :D
    Awesome!

Staff member
    I decided to drop a slight spoiler bomb in the updated CC.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Sorry Gid, I just got the notifications.

I'm still here. Just waiting for Melee to post.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    I will try to have something tomorrow at the latest. Work is crazy, as always.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'm here.

Still waiting.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    While I appreciate that, Gidian. I'm still waiting on Melee.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Everyone is always going to be waiting on somebody. When people had to wait for me I was put out of the way to be picked up when I returned, but we've been here for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    No kidding. This has been the longest battle in history. Hoping everything picks up again soon. :p

Staff member
    While I appreciate that, Gidian. I'm still waiting on Melee.
    While I respect that, Melee can catch up when she returns, if she returns. For now, phase the other two characters into the background, without putting much detail on them so that you don't do too much against their wishes, and move the scene forward. After Fellowknight's post, which is going to be finished by the 17th or 18th at the latest, we're going to be nearing the end the combat sequence. One final confrontation, and then we're fast forwarding time for a week and any new recruits still active are expected to be able to meet us or be left behind.

Staff member
    Just figured I should give you guys an update that I gave Fellowknight an extension because he was almost finished and he had an important family matter come up. His post should be ready for final editing soon... relative to our long ass timetable of course.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts