• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Name: Nomad War-Blade
    Race: Nord
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Marital Status: Single
    Current Residence: An inn in the imperial city
    Class: Warrior/Ranger
    Affiliations: Vigilant of Stendarr
    Afflictions: Lycanthropy
    Alignment: Good
    Religion: He is not sure about where he stands in religion.
    Markings: On the back of his neck is the symbol of hircine (if there is one.)
    ______
    Appearance:
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 250
    Hair: Long brown hair that comes down to the end of his neck.
    Eye Color: Blue
    Build: Fairly athletic. He is light on his feet and is only mildly muscular.

____
    Personality: There is almost nothing that Nomad fears. He is brave, smart, and tries his best to keep the mood light. He knows most ofH tamriel well, but why he does you will learn later. The one thing he wants most is to have a family and settle down, but he'll fight for as long as he is needed.

Equipment and Clothing:

He has custom made leather and hide armor, with chain mail underneath. He has a sword, passed down by his ancestors, and a homemade bow with steel arrows. As well as lots of survival gear.
    And an amulet of mara, which he keeps with him at all times in case he finds love.

History: I will not reveal much about Nomad except in the roleplay, but I have such a history for him that i am attempting to write a book on it. But anyway, all you should know for now is he is a descendant of Ysgrimor, and he was the youngest champion of the arena in cyrodiil, back when it was still a smaller arena.

Will that do? Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    It will suffice, as long as you are comfortable with the dark themes that are going to be in this RP. Are you SURE that you are comfortable reading and writing about things such as brutal murder, rape, suggestive themes, drugs, alcohol, strong language, and other mature themes? We're going to keep the themes as respectful as we can, but they'll still be present. What say you?

Colonelscout312

Yep, all good. Man, with you saying what say you, I wanted to say some line from the return of the King and the dead king.

Staff member
    Yep, all good. Man, with you saying what say you, I wanted to say some line from the return of the King and the dead king.
    Then as long as your writing is clear, the continuity of it makes sense, and since you don't have access to color, you're dialogue easily visible (ie spacing between narration and dialogue) you're accepted. I think a light hearted guy who wants a family is something this RP may need.

Staff member
    One slot left, and Daryl has the first shot at it. Does anyone have any problems with someone else controlling their character if the RP must go on and you find yourself unable to post, or suffer from an extended absence?

Staff member
    We can always go back to edit things if you find what was written unsatisfactory.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Oh! Are we picking colors? Is This taken?

Colonelscout312

I don't mind if someone controls my character. And I can't choose colors cause I'm on taptalk.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    So can I post a CC and you review and decide if I join?:)
    If so, just to clear things up, what are the games exactly? The arena part anyway. If its like the arena, and its games for entertainment, we're likely expected to kill each other.

How would we all coordinate an alliance to not kill each other and even after that how do we get out WITHOUT killing each other.

If that's even what the games are.

Staff member
    So can I post a CC and you review and decide if I join?:)
    If so, just to clear things up, what are the games exactly? The arena part anyway. If its like the arena, and its games for entertainment, we're likely expected to kill each other.

How would we all coordinate an alliance to not kill each other and even after that how do we get out WITHOUT killing each other.

If that's even what the games are.
    Yes, you can post a CC. The games are a mechanism to distract people from what's really going on. It's going to start off as gladitorual combat, but before that we have to go through the system. Get evaluated by... what's a good word... trainers? Evaluators? And anyone interested in making bets. They're going to examine us with varying degrees of care depending on our former station and conditions of entry, and I will let you decide the type of person you're going to be evaluated by. Whether they're rough, gentle, violating, etc. Then we get thrown into basically the living quarters of the "participants". We're going to get a chance to talk, argue, fight, eat, train, and all of that together. The conditions aren't going to be the best. If you manage to bribe an influential figure, you end up with more comforts than others. An actual bed, blankets, clean clothes, better food. Basically it's a prison meant to keep the participants from escaping the system. We are going to have ample time to form alliances. It's not going to be a "100 go in, 1 comes out" type of thing. The emperor doesn't really care if the participants form teams or not, and the crowd pays more to see teams fight. Kind of like a football game. Things are going to escalate the longer we stay, larger battles and more difficult opponents. There are going to be multiple ways to escape. Greed and corruption are rampant, for one thing, and a well connected person could easily get us out if it came down to it. When I say easy I'm being relative though. The emperor would have us believe no one escapes alive, and it's up to us to call his bluff or not. We can brainstorm some ideas if you want, and have our characters parallel what we say here when the time comes. Eventually though, if we survive long enough without escaping, we get to go to the next level. The next level basically adds a survival element to it. We get dumped into a new arena, a harsh environment of some sort (I haven't thought through as to where, maybe Akavir?), where we fight the elements as much as other participants. If we make it to this stage, escape becomes close to impossible, as survival will become paramount and we would be very far removed. The transition would open up lots of new opportunities though.

Any suggestions to make it better? I really wanted to include the harsh enviromnent type thing in some other way, maybe from the beginning with a magically grown killer forest in the arena, but I'm not sure if that would be a good idea, and I'm assuming most of you have already planned for the blood and sand type of arena.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    So based on what you just described, the main plotline and story of this RP is our characters' experiences and lives within these games. What happened to us overthrowing the Emperor? With such an extensive system for the games, what's the point?

Staff member
    So based on what you just described, the main plotline and story of this RP is our characters' experiences and lives within these games. What happened to us overthrowing the Emperor? With such an extensive system for the games, what's the point?
    We can think of an escape plan and a good way to write it at any time... as writers can for any RP. I'm just prepared to make the arena as extensive as it needs to be. We can have our fun and drama and all that in the arena for awhile, I just like to have options open. If we decide the Arena is awesome and want to make it more of a focal point, I can. Let's just say that I have had a lot of time to think up grand ideas, but never gotten to execute them :/

Staff member
    If we're going to give this RP and any ideas involved a chance we're going to need RPers who aren't going to ditch it.. Including the host.
    No giving up.
    You can do this, I believe in you.

(says the guy who hasn't even posted a CC)
    Lol. Trust me (or don't) but I won't be giving up on this RP. Unless suddenly I am swept away in a violent storm and marooned on an island without WiFi...

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    While I think you've got some good ideas and you've clearly thought out everything involved in this RP very well, it's just something I'm not used to as an RPer. I'm not used to just jumping in an RP and not having a really solid or concrete plotline to work with. I'm not used to RPing in such a fashion in which everything in regards to plot is up for grabs and able to change drastically at any given moment, which I feel is what this RP exactly is.

Staff member
    Is that a bad thing? There are definitely going to be parts of it that are concrete. Our "endgame" goals for an example, are going to be concrete. It's mainly the way we reach them that can change. Also, the antagonist(s) (at least the main ones) will be concrete. Some major plot points will also be concrete. I understand it's a bit unorthodox as far as RPs go, and I can understand it being too far out of your comfort zone. I just thought I'd give people an Elder Scrolls experience with it, and I don't like to limit creativity. If you decide to opt out, at least stick around as a critic? You've been the most vocal in keeping me in line so far, and I do appreciate it.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alright well, I'm going to post a CC but I don't want to give a lot of details away because I think I'm going to start a new character here and now (and every time I create my own new character I like to mold them as I RP) and would like a lot of breathing room.

Example: I create his template and frame now and the important details like skills and appearance/gear but throughout the days think of events and things that helped shape him who he is today, and how he views certain things and I write it in my notes and utilize it on here.

The CC wont be bare, and I've already started formulating a plot on how this will work. But it might not have a lot of solid concrete details.

Example:

And when he was 13 his mother died of a werewolf attack at 3:30PM on a Wednesday and it took her approximately 3.3 minutes to die, via being torn apart.

Instead: His mother died when he was 13 years old, and he will never forget the details.

That wasn't real details to the CC, just an example. This message is a mess but hopefully you understand.

Staff member
    Alright well, I'm going to post a CC but I don't want to give a lot of details away because I think I'm going to start a new character here and now (and every time I create my own new character I like to mold them as I RP) and would like a lot of breathing room.

Example: I create his template and frame now and the important details like skills and appearance/gear but throughout the days think of events and things that helped shape him who he is today, and how he views certain things and I write it in my notes and utilize it on here.

The CC wont be bare, and I've already started formulating a plot on how this will work. But it might not have a lot of solid concrete details.

Example:

And when he was 13 his mother died of a werewolf attack at 3:30PM on a Wednesday and it took her approximately 3.3 minutes to die, via being torn apart.

Instead: His mother died when he was 13 years old, and he will never forget the details.

That wasn't real details to the CC, just an example. This message is a mess but hopefully you understand.
    I'm okay with you developing the character in the RP, as long as you develop him/her well and believabley, and write well too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts