• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae downed her glass and pushed it aside, thanking the barkeep one last time before getting up from her seat and glancing at her companion.

"Well, Kova? Shall we be off?" Even standing, the young girl just barely reached her allies chest height. She was tiny up close, but rest assured, her intelligence, quick thinking and magic abilities could pack a punch when needed.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova grinned, hopping up off of his stool and shaking out his wrists. "I'd say I'm fairly ready." He nodded to the barmaid and she picked up his mug, wiping it with a light rag.

The Bosmer strolled over to the door, opening it for her with a chuckle. "Ladies first, right? Ain't that what they say?" A breeze came into the bar, causing one of the large Nords that sat around the fire to perk up.

"Oi! Shut that damn door! Yer lettin' the warm out!" he yelled as Kova's face drooped. He motioned for Lily to come quickly, giving a snicker.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae glanced behind her at the Nord and then scattered forward out the door in a manner of seconds.
    "Eep!" She gave a stifled giggle as led the way out, waiting for the door to shut behind Kota before she laughed outright.

"You'd think such a buff man would have enough meat on his bones to not mind the chill! He was a Nord, was he not? Aren't they supposed to be hearty with thirteen layers of skin to keep them warm or something?" She smirked and waited for Kota to lead the way.

"So, where to first, Kota?"

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    "Yes, well, I'm sure if I were a Nord, he would not mind me opening the door." Kova smirked, looking about the market place. It was rather busy. He looked back down at her with a wink. "Watch this," he said, practically leaping over to a nearby stand where an elderly woman was selling old trinkets and things of that sort.

"Hello, young lady," he said with a smile, gazing over her selection. She laughed at his statement, seeing right through his act.

"What do you want, Elf?" She asked with mock harshness.

Kova snickered, rolling his eyes. "Well, I was wondering... I'm looking for a certain well... I'm looking for an aesthetic item."

She leaned against her stand, interested. "Go on?"

"I need a mammoth tusk." He bit his lip and gave a hopeful smirk. She simply laughed again, waving a hand dismissively at him.

"Who are you trying to impress, Bosmer?" Kova sighed, rolling his eyes and walking back to Lily.

"Well, that was pointless," he said with a laugh. "Any ideas...?"

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Do you think so? Hmm, I guess the Nords in this area do tend to be rather harsh to non-nords. Likely to do with a matter of pride, a bit too much of it if you ask me." She frowned thoughtfully, following close by as he went off to speak with the stall woman.
    Lilumae winced as she watched the arrangment go down. When Kova had returned she gave him an apologetic smile.

"It's okay, maybe we could check another shop?" Lilumae thought for a moment before speaking again,
    "...If we really have to, I bet we could take on a mammoth with the two of us. Just... not the giant guarding it. We have to find a mammoth alone. Or one of us could lure the giant away while the other gets the mammoth. But that seems pretty risky... Do we have any other choice?" She asked, looking to her new friend for guidance.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova gritted is teeth, trying his best to think of a solution. "Bosmer have quite a way with animals, as I'm sure you're aware... the only challenge would be taking it away while the giant wasn't looking." He stomped his foot in frustration.

"I don't want to put you in danger like that... Waitwaitwaitwait..." He gave a grin of enlightenment. "Y'know, I heard that Giants will often barter things in exchange for precious gem stones or goats... We don't have enough of either of those to get a mammoth off of one of the sods, but I figure that you can barter with one for just long enough to allow me to lure the mammoth away..." He laughed slightly at his brilliance. "Sound good?"

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Well, at this point it's our only functional option. He's not going to be very happy once he realizes we stole his mammoth though... I hope you're a fast runner, Kova." Lilumae looked concerned but knew that in terms of choices, they were running low.

"Alright, Kova. Let's try it. It's the only plan we've got. How long do you think it will take to get to the nearest mammoth? Did you see any in the area surrounding the city or will we be traveling?"

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    "There should be a herd just outside of Whiterun, if I remember. Hold on a second." He looked around for a moment before quickly scaling a small building to observe the plains outside of the city. He smiled in satisfaction, returning to her.

"Yeah. Haven't moved an inch. You're okay with this, though, right? I don't want to make you do anything that you're not comfortable with."

//Eh. I'm gonna go do some stuff. I will be back in a few hours.//

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova let her lead on for a second so that he could examine the city's infrastructure, looking for potential weak spots that he could tell the Jarl about... or exploit for his own gain.

After a while, he strolled up and began walking next to her, his hands firmly in his pockets as the guards opened the city's gates for the two of them. He chuckled at her last statement. "Oh, pardon me, I missed the part where you are under my employ. Does this mean I'll have to pay you?"

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae laughed quietly, glancing sideways towards Kova.
    "Pay me? For what? Accompanying you? Kova, you don't even have enough coin to pay yourself for accompanying you, let alone anyone else." She teased and jibbed him gently in the ribs as he neared her.

"But no, there will no funds required. Aren't you the lucky fellow, snagging free hands to aid you!" She grinned, feeling more and more at ease with Kova as time passed.

As they left the city walls, she even began to feel slightly optimistic. Maybe they would pull this off after all!

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    "I've had a few free hands before, milady. Trust me when I say that the best ones are the ones you have to pay," he retorted back with a snicker as he began to walk down the trail that led into the plains. A cool breeze rushed over them, and Kova decided to let his hair down, so he reached behind his head and took out the leather strip that had been keeping his pony tail up. He shook his head a few times with a laugh. He loved his hair, or any hair in general for that matter.

"You know," he said with a grin, patting her back. "I hear that this place is a dragon hot spot. I hear that mammoths are their favorite food." He raised an eyebrow at her as they walked. He was just poking fun; seeing if he could scare her. He then suddenly dropped to a crouching position, drawing his finger out to a few mammoths that were grazing under the watchful eyes of a few giants.

"Get down!" he said, tugging on her slightly. "They'll see you." The smile on his face was upon his face like a permanent mark. "Oh, by the glory of Stendarr... look at 'em..."

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Oh shush! I'm just as good as any hired hand, better even!" She boasted playfully as they continued onward.
    When he'd let his hair down, she actually took a second to admire it. "How pretty. I don't find many boys who take care of their hair. I'm impressed. The norm for men tends to be either short, cropped and forgotten, or a tangled, oily mess. It's refreshing to see well kept hair for a change."

Lilumae shivered slightly when Kova patted her back, but she didn't yelp or jump like she had before. She took this as a good sign, even if it still needed work.
    "I'm not afraid of dragons." She insisted, wondering if he would mistake her prior shivering for fear. Deep down though, she was, in fact, frightened by anything that big and powerful. It could end her life in one fell swoop if it so pleased.
    She quietly prayed that they would not see one this day.

Lilumae stared blankly ahead a few seconds as Kova dropped out of view. "O-oh!" She gave a little squeak as she felt him tug her downward, inching in almost uncomfortably close beside him. Her arm brushed against his as she leaned forward, peering at the nearby mammoths, she ignored the shivering it caused her, focused on the task at hand.

"How shall we do this again?" She whispered to him softly, her eyes scanning back and forth between the giants and the mammoths.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova couldn't hear a word she was saying, as he was too enthralled and completely invested in the movements of these wondrous creatures. He noticed how the muscles in their legs pushed as opposed to pulled, unlike most other creatures. This allowed for less energy to be burned for one step, and thus giving them better mileage. They were very masterfully designed.

"Shhh," he said, placing a hand lightly over her mouth when she spoke. He wanted to keep watching them, if even for a moment. Finally, he took his hand away and turned to her, his bright smile still plastered across his face. "Now... what was that?"

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Oh, I'm so--eh?!" His hand over her mouth was a bit of a shock. Lilumae hadn't quite expected it and had given yet another short squeak, this one muffled with his palm over her lips.
    She held quite still for a moment, hoping that by time he finished admiring the creatures, the heat would fade from her cheeks.

She looked to the creatures as well, trying to find his fascination in them, to understand them the way he did, to see as he saw. She didn't think she could even come close to matching what he must feel right then.

When he finally glanced to her again, she had to stop a think for a second to even remember what it was she'd been trying to say. "Oh, right. I was asking how we were going to do this." She said, her voice nearly stammering, though not quite.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova pursed his lips for a moment, gritting his teeth slightly as he turned back to the creatures, thinking deeply. He had the sudden urge to not kill one of them, but if he didn't, how was he to get a mammoth tusk? He sighed, turning back to her. "We're not," he said simply. When he spoke, the sound reverberated off of the tall grass, making it sound as if Nirn itself were speaking.

"The only way I see us getting one is if we find a dead mammoth, or if we ask a Giant to lob off one of the tusks, which I find unlikely. Giants see the tusks as a status symbol. See those markings and carvings?" He pointed to the nearest mammoth, where intricate carving in the tusks were clearly visible. He smiled at the mammoth for a moment. "No... no... We're not gonna do this. Madesi can get someone else to get him a damn mammoth tusk." He huffed as he rose to his feet, offering his hand to help her up.

Derath_farseer

((Hate to post on a private thread but you guys don't have an occ one, just wanted to say I like the look of the rp its always good to see new role plays start up. And this ones good humored and casual far from the norm of dark and filled with violence. The characters act very well together and it flows naturally. I'll be looking forward to following your stories and perhaps if you both look for new members I may send you my character card. Who is a very talented mage. That Lilumae may of wanted to speak to or try to learn from due to the rare gift he has and the forgotten magic he uses.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae accepted Kovas hand and rose to her feet.
    "I respect your decision, Kova. I'm sure the mammoths and that giant would too, if they knew of it." Lilumae glanced at the animals once more with a sigh.
    "Well, we're not killing a mammoth. So what shall we do to earn you some coin? There must be something. Really, my offer to sell those potions stands. They would fetch us a good price. We wouldn't have to worry about running more errands for coin for a week, at the least. Unless you had other business to attend to?" Lilumae watched Kova curiously, wondering what he would say next.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova smirked at her, his ears twitching as she spoke. Making him some coin? She really seemed to have no regard for herself whatsoever. However admirable, it was also a very dangerous trait.
    "If you really felt like parting with some of your potions, I suppose we could speak with what's his name... the Jarl's court wizard? Secret-Fire? Something like that? I've never understood Nordic names.." He laughed lightly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts