• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DayWalker

B-U-S-H-I-D-O

" My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed. "
- Yi Sunshin​

:Code of Conduct:

• Loyalty
  • Devotion
  • Obedience
  • Duty
  • Piety
  • Respect
  • Self-Sacrifice
  • Honor
- Bushido protects the divine order and uphold justice, it is not about demanding power in political affairs. -

Race: Redguard or Nord, based on personal preference. Avoid races that specialize in magic. Customize your Samurai to look the part

Blessing Shrine: " Just as the candle cannot burn without the fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life" - Buddha

-Kynareth: Increased Stamina
-Arkay: Increased Health
-Stendarr: Fortify block

Blessing Stone: "The mind is everything, what you think you become" We pray to our ancestors for strength and courage to get us through our trials. -Buddhist quote

-Warrior Stone: Combat skills increase 20% faster
-Lover Stone: All skills increase 15% faster
-Lady Stone: Health and stamina regeneration of 25%
-Lord Stone: 50 points damage resistance

Place of Residence: Skyhaven Temple or High Hrothgar.

Equipment: As a samurai your equipment should consist of the Blades Armor or a monk robe of your choosing. Your weapon will be the Blade's [Faction] katana and dagger, or short sword if applicable.

Note: You can find these items in Delphine's hidden room during the main quest. Or you can use the console command: coc qasmoke, to teleport you to the game room of items, then 'coc' yourself to another location e.g., coc Whiterun, Riverwood.

Objective: As a protector of the people you are to uphold honor and justice. The Imperial Legion and Stormcloak Rebels are matters in which you are not concerned about. Stay neutral until you have to choose a side to progress the game. When the time comes, join the Stormcloak Rebels. Your rationale is that the Empire has become corrupt by the Thalmor, and the Legion is abusing its powers by forcing people to stop giving respect to their ancestors; this alone is grounds for war in the Bushido Code of ethics. Just like in Feudal Japan, there must be an uprising to proclaim unity to bring about change for the better of all the people; be this person to bring change by living up to the Bushido.

-Join the Brotherhood of Assassins to further exploit your ulterior means i.e., being able to kill the Emperor of Skyrim and collapse the system from the inside out.

-Avoid the Thieves Guild as this violates the Code of Conduct.

-Master your Thu'um, as a Zen practitioner of Bushido, chants of meditation can be done by your shouts. Be a true student of the Greybeards, thus respecting and not killing Parthanaax.

-Alternatively, you can think about joining the Blades as an anti-hero type of Samurai, thus the most honor anyone could have is by withholding justice to Parthanaax by killing him for his vile deeds that almost cost the very lives of everyone around you.
Note: It's speculatory because you have to determine if the corrupt actions done by Parthanaax was by nature, or environment. Nature verses nurture

-Always persuade and Intimidate, never bribe. If by no other means, confess your crimes by serving time, never serve time by paying off a bounty. Never commit a crime to begin with. Remember that the best way to win a fight is to never have to draw your blade.

-Give to those inferior to you, gold or otherwise. Following Bushido means that you are not concerned with wealth and materialistic items, but do not let anyone walk over you.

-Always face your enemy when fighting them, never be a coward and cheat yourself of your true potential.

-Train, have people train you, paying them is not a bad thing. Samurai do favors for those who can offer them knowledge in respect.

Specialty Skills:

-Light armor or Heavy armor, depending on play style. You may consider wearing a monk robe wielding one katana and short sword, or heavy armor wielding one katana. Be creative!
-Restoration- as a Samurai, you are enlightened and honorably patient; thus upon meditation, you
find ways to heal yourself mentally and physically.

-one-hand
-Block
-Speech
-Alchemy (optional)
-Sneak

Skill Calculator for Bushido can be found here: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Remember to think of a name with meaning for your Samurai, think of his or her background and why that person got caught with the Stormcloaks to be beheaded. If you follow the Bushido and fuse the mentality with your character, your game will have more depth.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
It is creative. It adds that flavour of Japanese Samurai to the game in retrospect is off topic to the theme and era of the game.

Overall, it makes a unique warrior build. A type of divine warrior.

In terms of creativity, I would introduce aspects of the nine divines to form a warrior class cult to a Tamrielic version of Samurai and create a code of conduct being introduced by Kynareth the goddess of nature and her divine wind that gives the warrior zeal. And call the warrior a "Kynorai" after her name as her loyal knight class.

You could also use Arkay, god of life and death and form a warrior class around him.

But other than that is has the potential in introduce that Japanese influence and orientate that into a Tamrielic build.

DayWalker

That is something i haven't thought of. It would be cool to add yourself to a faction via consol command with the character type around whichever nine divines you choose. Overall, i'll consider it. I need to do more research though. My inspiration actually came from the movie 'Hero' with Jet Li

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts