• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    so what do we actually have to do

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    At the moment I wouldn't worry I can't add anyone else, but later on the story I would find you with my group and then you can join in. Until then do some other Rp's and I'll message you when you can join okay?

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    I hope I suceeded at creating the most god awfully depressing backstory ever :)

Name: Jaygue

Race: Brenton

Class: Battlemage

Appearence: Jaygue is 6'0 and average weight (180lbs.). He has cold grey eyes, a very pale complexion
    and short, spiky black hair. He is almost always scowling. (Age: 39)

Personality: Jaygue is always very serious, he never laughs or even smiles and keeps to himself. Jaygue hates undead with a passion due to very traumatic events in his past. When he is interacting with others he keeps a cool, emotionless disposition that tends to be very unsettling. Even though he feigns cold indifference Jaygue is actually a very good person, committed to riding
    the world of evil.

Equiptment: Jaygue is armored in full Ebony chain mail that he almost never takes off and wields a Ebony Katana as his primary weapon (the blade is named Blightfire and has fire damage and banish undead effects on it). He carries around several different types of beneficial potions, including cure poison and Disease. As a secondary weapon he has a spiked gauntlet he wears over his left hand to block sword strokes and make his fist more deadly.

Combat pref: Jaygue prefers to fight in melee, using fire magic and absorb health spells as well as his blade. He relies on Alteration magic to protect him in big fights and also uses it to hunt down his enemies (using detect life/undead). Through his may years of fighting he has learned to all but ignore pain. Jaygue also is very good at restoration magic.

Back story: Jaygue never speaks of his past, as it is very dark and depressing. He grew up in a small village in High rock. At the age of 6 a clan of vampires descended upon his village slaughtering all but a few of those in it. The few that remained they took in as cattle, farmed for blood. The vampire leader had a taste for young children's blood and he fed off of Jaygue, and many of his friends for some time. The endless nights that he had endured, the pale, dizzy feeling of constant loss of blood, these things scared Jaygue for life (Indeed he still has the scar of the vampires toothmarks in his neck). For 2 years he was
    a slave to the vampires, until the leader decided to start experimenting with him. These experiments included all sorts of horrific torture. The pain and suffering caused by all of this triggered something within Jaygue, magic. After discovering this ability he used it, burning the leader unalive (cause he's a vamp ;)) and snuck out of the stronghold. Only 8 years old Jaygue ran aimlessly until he came to Daggerfall, where he lived as a beggar on the street for 10 years. throughout this time he had been practicing his magic, as well as his skill at combat, preparing to take revenge on the vampires. Finally, at the age of 18, he set off to destroy them. He wandered for 4 more years until he finally found the clan that had destroyed his village. With righteous fury he descended upon them, slaughtering every single one of them. As the battle ended, he did not feel triumph at his victory, only an utter emptiness and lack of purpose. He had spent 14 years preparing for that one day, and when his task was finally finished, he felt as if he did not have anything more to live for. He then felt that the only thing to do was end his own life, but as he plunged his blade into his chest high atop a mountain, a druid found him, healing his mortal injury before he could bleed out. The man tried to explain to Jaygue that suicide was not the right way to pass from this world but, mad with rage at being deprived of his death, Jaygue struck down the poor man. As he grew to realize what he had done the misery he was in doubled. He swore that day to continue living as long as he could, never resting and helping all others before himself. he wandered all around Tamriel for 17 more years, honing his skills. Despite all of the time that had passed he still did not either forget the events of his youth or forgive himself. Indeed with every passing year he became more miserable, convinced the gods would curse him with such a long life because of his sins.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    You did and your in, my first Witcher :) Alot of Gerans past is kept secret, and you'll learn it during the time of the story. But he did slaughter an entire camp of bandits, and alot happened during that time which is almost as dark as Jaygues past lol

Star Gazer

Name: The Jester
    Race: Imperial, but it is hard to tell under all of the makeup
    Titles: Royal Jester
    Appearance: Wears Jester clothes (The medieval type, not the Cicero type) wears heavy makeup, a hat in the shape of a cone with a bell on top, bells are scattered across his clothing making it almost impossible for him to be unheard, and his clothes are bright red making it almost impossible for him to be unseen.
    Equipment: He has a jester's staff with a sharp point on the bottom, and a red and blue painted dagger (ebony)
    Combat Pref: An expert in traps. The Jester will almost always use trickery in his style of fighting. Whether it be stabbing someone in the back, or leading them into a wolves den, The Jester uses a very creative style of fighting
    (Some) Backstory: The Jester lived and worked in High-King Torygg's court, but when the king was murdered by Ulfric, The Jester had to find a different line of work. He has refused to give up his jester garb and wanders Skyrim as a sellsword, assassin, or monster hunter. He has recently turned to hunting down monsters and defeating the evil that lurk in the crevices of Skyrim.

Skyrimosity

He won't be telling bad jokes for the duration of the RP will he?

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Name: The Jester
    Race: Imperial, but it is hard to tell under all of the makeup
    Titles: Royal Jester
    Appearance: Wears Jester clothes (The medieval type, not the Cicero type) wears heavy makeup, a hat in the shape of a cone with a bell on top, bells are scattered across his clothing making it almost impossible for him to be unheard, and his clothes are bright red making it almost impossible for him to be unseen.
    Equipment: He has a jester's staff with a sharp point on the bottom, and a red and blue painted dagger (ebony)
    Combat Pref: An expert in traps. The Jester will almost always use trickery in his style of fighting. Whether it be stabbing someone in the back, or leading them into a wolves den, The Jester uses a very creative style of fighting
    (Some) Backstory: The Jester lived and worked in High-King Torygg's court, but when the king was murdered by Ulfric, The Jester had to find a different line of work. He has refused to give up his jester garb and wanders Skyrim as a sellsword, assassin, or witcher. He has recently turned to hunting down monsters and defeating the evil that lurk in the crevices of Skyrim.

That sounds.... really creepy. But nice Idea man :)

Skyrimosity

Royal Jester as a vicious, top-of-the-line Witcher? Well, I suppose it is Mongo's decision.

Star Gazer

Royal Jester as a vicious, top-of-the-line Witcher? Well, I suppose it is Mongo's decision.
    everyone in the king's court is supposed to know how to defend the king. The jester is a master of illusion and trickery, as well as being good with a dagger.

Skyrimosity

everyone in the king's court is supposed to know how to defend the king. The jester is a master of illusion and trickery, as well as being good with a dagger.
    You know Lucas, it would probably be better to actually put that stuff in the character card instead of making it up as people ask questions.

Skyrimosity

Why is that something that needs to be figured out? That should be something that is a given. The Jester mastered illusion and how to use a dagger in order to protect the King. Simple. Since you are already a Witcher (or assassin or sellsword) they would already need to know how you fight so might as well include it.

Star Gazer

Why is that something that needs to be figured out? That should be something that is a given. The Jester mastered illusion and how to use a dagger in order to protect the King. Simple. Since you are already a Witcher (or assassin or sellsword) they would already need to know how you fight so might as well include it.
    You have to make your character card good enough so that they accept you, then you can allow the reader to fill in the gaps. It's a sort of trick writers use to keep the reader coming back. I made a mysterious character and I will allow you to fill in the blanks as you read. That is why I said (SOME) backstory in the card.

Skyrimosity

How is posting that you learned to fight in order to defend the King possibly going to ruin your character?

Star Gazer

How is posting that you learned to fight in order to defend the King possibly going to ruin your character?
    not ruin. It would just be nicer if they figured it out over time. That is how people become so attached to other people's characters. If they feel like they already know everything about them, it means nothing, but if they know there is more than meets the eye with a character, they may become more interested with him/her.

Skyrimosity

Lucas, telling readers how you learned to fight is not in any possible imaginary way going to even affect the mystery of your characters, especially if you already put he was a Royal Jester.

Star Gazer

Lucas, telling readers how you learned to fight is not in any possible imaginary way going to even affect the mystery of your characters, especially if you already put he was a Royal Jester.
    allow me to make my introductory post, then we can have a friendly slap-fight over this.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts