• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

lostcontrol28

I have a bug when trying to complete The Book of Love quest. I received the amulet of mara quest item during the quest, but then also received another amulet of mara somewhere else. Now when I put on the amulet of mara, that step in the quest journal does not update to complete. Then when I try to drop one of the amulets, it does not allow me, as they are grouped and one of them is a quest item.

Any suggestions on what I could do to get around this bug? I have already tried to sell one of them, but it doesn't come up as available to sell. I also tried disenchanting it but the same deal, does not come up as available for disenchantment.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I had this same problem recently. I solved it by making sure that quest, and only that quest, was highlighted in my quest journal, then equipping the Amulet of Mara. I had to un-equip and then re-equip it a few times, but, eventually, the requirement was fulfilled and I could continue with the quest. Try giving that a shot.

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
Stop trying to pimp yourself out to all the maidens. On a serious note, I hope I don't run into this bug. I've gotten 2 amulets of mara so far from looting. You should be able to sell the necklace(s) to a fence or a court wizard.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Stop trying to pimp yourself out to all the maidens. On a serious note, I hope I don't run into this bug. I've gotten 2 amulets of mara so far from looting. You should be able to sell the necklace(s) to a fence or a court wizard.

One of the Amulets of Mara is given to you by Dinya Balu, a priestess at the Temple of Mara, specifically for this quest. Like items will sometimes stack, so if you have an amulet already in your inventory, the one she gives you will stack with the one you already have, and the game sometimes can't tell (apparently) if you've got the one on she gave you for purposes of the quest. Like I said, this happened with me, but just putting it on and taking it back off a few times solved it just fine.

hamslam9000

If taking it off and putting it on again doesn't work for you (it didn't for me), try unequpping the amulet, opening console and using the command "player.removeitem 000C891B 1" (this removes one amulet of mara from your inventory) until you have one amulet left, and then equipping the final amulet. This was the only thing that worked for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts