OOC The Blades in the Night {Working Title}

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    I did indeed mean that. I have a post ready, so I'll just play about with it and get it neatened up for the IC thread, which I will link here when it goes up.

AS88

Staff member
    How exciting! I'll get Gattuso's CC copied and edited slightly, hopefully this morning. You've seen most of it already, though, Aerin.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Here we are, have at it.

I've rather foolishly forgotten to agree with you all who the new recruit is. One of those situations where a conversation I've had in my head hasn't quite made it into reality.

Daryl or Del, I was thinking your characters would work well as initiates or recruits if you don't mind too much. If either one of you would like to fill in that role I would be very appreciative :)

Otherwise, I think we're good to go.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alright how does Daud get recruited and by who? Details on the how :p

This may be a bit far fetched but can have had Daud kill the 'King of high rock"?

I mean Skyrim has a high king sort of system and I'm assuming the rest have similar

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Of course.

Daud would have received an enigmatic and suitably mysterious request from one of the company's contacts. The summons would have included a small map drawn on a scrap of parchment, showing a location and a time as indicated by the positioning of the moons on the map.

Nothing else would be offered by way of explanation, it simply assumes that any thief or assassin would be curious enough to explore what could be a threat or reward. Details on the actual process of joining etc will be provided by the company member overlooking the given job, in this case Jax.

The job itself will be relatively simple, just a way of measuring the recruits abilities. In Daud's case, it would be an assassination based on his skill set, but if they were recruiting a thief, then the job would be tailored to theft.

This has also reminded me, at some point I'm hoping to draw up a lift of all known contacts and affiliates that will be edited to include changes such as deaths or additions once the story gets going.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alright,'I'll need you to post in the RP just how Daud gets that invitation and what exactly he is told to do.

I'm unable to start that part of my post until then:)
    Basically you could know that Daud used to run his own guild of assassins and very recently the guild has been disbanded.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Well I can edit my post just a bit to suggest it's Daud who is expected to show up, but Daud isn't meant to know much other than simply that some stranger gave him a map and left him to it.

Part of this is to see how the recruit would respond to such an invitation. Do they see it as a threat which requires careful observation and elimination? Are they so sure of their abilities that they arrive at this mysterious meeting place with weapons sheathed and a big smile on their face?

All I can give you is maybe an acknowledgement that Jax is waiting for Daud in particular, but it isn't necessarily needed.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    But how has Daud received this invitation o_O I need a way for him to receive it. But mentioning the man who has a reputation for being The knife of High Rock would be cool;)

Also what exactly was on the parchment and where exactly it leads to so I can have Daud figure it out and arrive.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Maybe I wasn't clear earlier, if so my bad. Like I said, Daud would have received a small map from one of the company's contacts, let's say a carriage driver for example. How that contact found Daud isn't relevant at this point so don't worry.

All he is given is the map, which would have the location of the meeting point and the time of the meeting. That is all the information provided. Whether he goes to this location is up to Daud, but it is the hope that Daud would be curious enough to follow what little instruction he has been given. Later contracts won't be this enigmatic mind you, the boundaries of the jobs will be clearly set out. But this first meeting is purposefully vague.

With this RP not everything will be pre-planned and easy to follow. I wanted to create a setting where if someone wants to create their own story within the main storyline they can do so easily. Obviously if you need clarification on information just say the word, but I'm hoping this can be a bit more adventurous.

As for the "Knife of High Rock" thing, that can be mentioned later, perhaps in conversation between Jax and Daud. That sort of detail can be alluded to or hinted at before being properly addressed, rather that have a character's entire story be laid out by way of introduction. At least IMHO.

Sorry if I'm a bit terse, I've been working 8 hours and I've only had a chance to grab some coffee. I really need to track down some food.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Woah. Woah. Back up, everybody. Time-fluffing-out.

AS88, is this just a freak coincidence, or are you a Milan fan?

There is a right answer here, by the way.

AS88

Staff member
    Woah. Woah. Back up, everybody. Time-fluffing-out.

AS88, is this just a freak coincidence, or are you a Milan fan?

There is a right answer here, by the way.

This has been my test of skyrimforums, and so far you're only the second person to notice. Congratulations :p

I'm not necessarily an AC Milan fan, but I like Gennaro Gattuso's bull in a china shop approach. When I was trying to think of a lore-friendly Imperial name for my character over a year ago, I thought the best place for me to start was Italian footballers, and Gattuso was the most fitting I could come up with. The name has absolutely no bearing on the character, though.

I'm glad someone else has noticed!

*Miss ;)

Ponder

Huh.

I'm a life-long Inter fan, but I'll do my best to look past the name. Although you could always change it to Zanetti. Or Cambiasso. Even though neither of those sound particularly Imperial...

Probably because they're Argentinian :p

Oh well, I tried.

I wonder who the other person to pass the test was. And, more importantly, what teams they support that clued them in to the answer...

AS88

Staff member
    Huh.

I'm a life-long Inter fan, but I'll do my best to look past the name. Although you could always change it to Zanetti. Or Cambiasso. Even though neither of those sound particularly Imperial...

Probably because they're Argentinian :p

Oh well, I tried.

I wonder who the other person to pass the test was. And, more importantly, what teams they support that clued them in to the answer...

Honestly, it was so long ago I can't remember who it was. I'm not really a Milan fan, though, just saw Gattuso crunch a few people and I appreciated his beard, so he's one of my favourite players simply for his manly status.

Haa yeah, I had a few names in my head but none of them sounded right to me, especially the Argentinian ones :p

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Daryl, there isn't a King of High Rock. There are many kings of High Rock. The entire province is broken up into several autonomous states, all governed by their own king or prince or whatnot. Your guy can kill a king, or some other important political figures in High Rock, but there is no supreme King like the High King of Skyrim that he could assassinate and earn him this 'Knife of High Rock' title.

Speaking of which, what's with all this stuff copied from Dishonored? It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but why? Daud, a major antagonist in the game, the Knife of High Rock/the Knife of Dunwall, his own guild of assassins...

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Also, is Daud the only new recruit? Is Tristan a recruit, or has he already spent some time in the company's ranks?

Ponder

Del's point still stands though. It'd be nice to see a little more of you injected into your character, especially since we've already seen a few people faithfully RP Daud and Corvo on these forums.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts