• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "Did you happen to see me there? Probably not, because I was being tortured by my 'father' in The Midden." Adario finished his sentence with an angry grumble, remembering his absolutely terrible childhood.

Danacia was not shocked from what he said, instead she sympathized. She couldn't say she understood what it was like to have terrible parents, because her always loved her, but she did lose hers. And then lived with a ton of strangers till she got to know them better when she was in her younger years. She sighed, wondering how to go about replying to him. She then asked, biting her tongue as she said it, "...No I never saw you there when I was there. I didn't stay too long life kind of has a way of keeping me on the move...I'm sorry for the harsh life your, um, 'father' showed you." She had a concerned look in her lime green eyes. Danacia sighed once more. She was always too concerned about others, even though it didn't show much before, she never wanted people to be unhappy and if there was anything she could do about it she would. Danacia had an extremely big heart.

That was when she felt the cold stare of someone familiar into her back. She waited, feeling the area around with her wolf in the astral plane, and then when she was sure she turned around. She looked at Wulfric with mixed eyes of pain, regret, and care. She didn't know how she felt anymore, but it was still in there somewhere. However, anger filled her eyes just as much as it did his. She sighed, shaking her head, and she looked away. It was best for her and him to not speak.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "Well," Danacia stood up in between speaking and she yawned, " conversation is nice and all, but unfortunately I cannot keep my eyes open any longer." She stretched, and she yawned once more as she leaned over by Rellian to pick up her last flagon of mead. Downing it all the way, Danacia pulled the key to her room which was literally a step to the right from where everyone was sitting, and she turned back to the others with a smile. "I bid you all a fair night's rest, and I assure you I will be up before dawn strikes." She nods respectfully, and then turns away heading to unlock the door of her room. She watched that as she left everyone began to scatter from the gathering area she first set up and kind of move about their own business independently. She moved her eyes from Edwin, and then to Rellian.

As she enters, she closes the door and locks it behind her. She wonders about all of the new faces she has come across, as well as, the ones whom she had seen just enter the inn that she still had yet to be acquainted with. The one thing that struck hard in her mind was the note that Rellian presented to her, with her name on it, and how he assumed that she just "looked like a Danacia." The wolf inside her growled, but then as it did Danacia disregarded it's discontentment as thought about Rellian's eyes. She smirked while releasing the steel armor from her body as it hit the ground with a clang. She concluded after these thoughts, and a worried gut feeling, that she would plan to get to know him further in private as best that she could...and the smirk still held to her face as she moved over to the bed.

Then, her thoughts moved to the redguard woman, Sella, worrying if she would be a hazard or not. They began to pick up as she reflected on Wulfric thinking desperately over how she hoped that he would not be a part of this expedition team, but then again contradicted the thought by knowing he would be an excellent edition due to his extensive experience in smithing. Memories of the past began to encompass her mind and her heart fluttered, but quickly that subsided with pain and anger as she put the thoughts off her mind altogether. It was something of the past, and it would stay in the past. She thought about the orc/dremora, and then the vampire which made her wolf growl some more, and lastly she thought of Edwin.

Danacia liked what she found in Edwin's mind, and she figured she could use him as an asset as she very well knew that he felt as though she would be a useful ally as well. She knew there was strong hostility between him and Rellian, and some of that hostility occurred when they were both prying for her attention over news of the expedition. She wondered off topic of the thought of Edwin briefly how the Circe vampire knew her sister, and the wolf growled again. "Shut up, would you?" She rolled her eyes, snapping to the wolf mentally. It obeyed, for it's hunger was sated, and it had no reason to be upset. Her thoughts then returned to Edwin briefly. She smirked as she unfolded the linens of her bed.

Danacia was completely bare when she slept, and this was how she slept at all times finding that due to the heat of the fire in her home she sweat profusely with any garments on her body. Besides, what was wrong with a little natural? Nothing, of course. Climbing into the bed, she yawned and stretched once more, turning on her side and wishing that she had a nice warm heated body next to her to cuddle with. And that was then when her mind went to the gutter about the tavern wench. She bit her lip, and tried to focus her mind to sleep.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin nodded as Danacia stood, bidding them all goodnight. He stood up as well, looking around at the others at the table, "Well, I think I will be off as well. See ya in the morning!" With a cheerful wink he went up to the innkeeper, "Are there any more rooms available? Or must I sleep in a corner?" The man shook his head, "Oh there's plenty, don't get many travelers in Winterhold, even on crowded nights like this one there are plenty of rooms."

Edwin nodded and reached into one of his pockets, taking out a small handful of Septims. He really was running low on money, The Jarl better supply them with enough food for this trip because Edwin didn't think he had enough for it.

The innkeeper pointed him towards the right room and he thanked the man, heading through the small doorway. Once he had shut the door Edwin sighed, strolling about the small room as he performed a quick search to see if the previous person in it had left behind any 'donations' but there were none. He slowly took off his varied armor and weapons, hanging his bandolier of potions on the side of the bed and leaning his blade, Shimmerstar, up against it as well. Laying down Edwin thought of the people that he had met today. If all went to plan he would be delving into dangerous ruins with these people, and he wasn't exactly sure if he was happy about that.

The Orc/Dremora Adario was probably the best one out of the group. He seemed fairly docile for a half demon creature, and if Edwin treated him fairly he guessed the man would be grateful, as so few people did. The two Redguards, Rellian and Selia he wasn't so sure about. Rellian was a selfish jerk, not exactly the kind of person you would like to have at your back in a fight, and Selia was just crazy. There was no telling what she would do. Danacia was also a bit of a wild card. Edwin defiantly trusted her more than the two Redguards but her strange powers scared him a bit. She seemed a good sort though, one who would not betray those she called friends, and Edwin was good at making friends. He had not met the others who may be going on this expedition, but there was plenty of time for that in the morning.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    "Hello there! What's your name, grumpy?" Circe heard a voice say behind her.

She turned around to see a Reguard woman looking her in the eyes.

"I'm not grumpy, I'm tired." Circe said with a genuine smile through a worn out expression. "These Nords get on my nerves."

Circe began to walk towards the bar, the woman following closely by her side.

"Have you got any rooms for the night?" She said to the man behind the counter who came over to her while washing a mug.

"Plenty. That'll be ten septims, and then I'll show you to yer room."

Circe sighed. Leaning on the counter she let her hazel eyes envelope the Nord with an undeniable warmth.

"I'm sure you can let out a room for free, for someone such as myself."

The man was lost in her beauty for a moment. Staring into her eyes, obviously seeing Circe as something his wife could never live up to. Then, shaking his head, he was snapped out of the trance.

"Well... I'm sure one night couldn't hurt. It's not like anyone else will be staying in them. Just be sure to buy plenty of drinks."

Circe winked to the man with a little smile and then turned back to the Redguard besides her.

"This Redguard will be needing a room as well!" She called back to the bartender. "Don't worry, we'll find them ourselves."

Circe began to wall towards an empty room opposite the fire in the centre of the bar. Opening the door she turned to the Redguard.

"I'll talk to you in the morning. For now, I am knackered."

(ooc: haven't been recieving any alerts for this thread. Sorry for not posting and sorry if this one is badly written, I am really tired.)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "I'm not grumpy. I'm tired. These Nords get on my nerves.", said the woman, turning to Selia. The Redguard cocked her head to the side, not understanding the fact that people could be annoying. She always liked everyone. Right up until she killed them. The woman started walking towards the desk, Selia tailing close behind her. There was something odd about the newcomer. Something Selia couldn't put her finger on just yet... The woman stopped, causing Selia to nearly bump into her. Selia quickly recovered. The assassin walked up to the other woman's side and hummed a tune to herself as the Imperial woman spoke with the bartender. "Have you got any rooms for the night?", asked the woman.

Then, a voice which caused Selia to cringe gave a reply. "Plenty. That'll be ten septims, then I'll show you to yer' room." The voice nearly broke Selia's ear drums. It was the most annoying then she had ever heard. It set something off in her head. Something bad. Selia's eyes closed for a second as she tried to calm herself. She didn't want everyone in the inn to die at her hands. Wouldn't look good to the guards.

Inside the Redguards head, an argument raged: "Oh, Selia. You think you can keep me stuck in here much longer? You're wrong. When I get out, all these people will be dead. Think of all the fun we'll have!" "Ha! You are weak and I am strong! How else do you think I took me over? I shall triumph over you! Or are you me? I'll think about it over some pie!" "Wait, what? Well, I'll win anyway!" Two similar, yet distinctly different, voices battled with each other. From the outside Selia just appeared to be fidgeting and acting oddly, something most people she knew were used to anyway. She blinked and shook her head, triumphant. For now.

The Imperial then said, "I'm sure you can let out a room for free, for someone such as myself." Her voice calmed Selia, oddly enough, reawakening the shaken assassins curiousity. Another conversation took place in her head. "Let me take over, I'll find out what we need to know!" "No, I don't need you!" "You know I've always been stronger than the others. Only you have ever triumphed over me." "Fine, but just for a moment!" Selia, having resigned in her mental battle with herself, listened closer to the conversation, hoping to detect some clues as to how it is that the Imperial managed to place a calming aspecty in her voice.

"Well... I'm sure one night couldn't hurt. It's not like anyone else will be staying in them. Just be sure to buy plenty of drinks.", said the man in his extremely annoying accent. Selia winced at it, afraid that it would trigger another emergence of one of her darker aspects. I mean, she was dark enough as is, and she certainly didn't want to kill her friends! At least, not prematurely. The Imperial turned back to Selia, callling back to the bartender with, "The Redguard will be needing a room as well! Don't worry, we'll find them ourselves."

Selia gazed into the Imperials eyes and noticed something ood about them. The almond color was tinted just the tiniest bit red. The woman turned, cutting off Selia's vision with her hair. The Redguard shook her head, trying to return to her regular old self. She didn't really care about oddly colored eyes or dark energies. The woman walked into an empty room and called back about talking tomorrow. "Well of course! Thanks for the room! I'll try and get my chaurus to only eat half of your skull.", replied Selia, grinning madly. Seh turned tail and hoofed it to another empty room, not even waiting to see the Imperials reaction to her odd comment. She threw the door opene and noticed a Khajiit cuddling a mannequinn. "Wrong room!", shouted Selia, surprised. She turned around and jumped out, entering the next room. Inside was an empty single bed and a chest. No other furniture in sight. "Good.", thought Selia. "No excess furniture to trip on in case Meridia sends another flying avacado to laugh me to death." The Redguard slipped off her boots, stuck them on her hands, climbed in bed and pulled the covers over herself, falling asleep almost immediately.

"Is the coast clear?" "What in Oblivion do you think, horker-for-brains?" "She's asleep?" "Duh!" "So, we have full re-?" "PARTY! I'll get the sweetrolls!" "We're asleep, moron." "Well, we still need sweetrolls!" "Ugh. Of all the people to be trapped with, it had to be you two." "Technically we're just different personalities. I'm amazed we're even able to speak with each other at all!" "Well then, can I have a sweetroll?" "You haven't taken control in seven years. I doubt you will be able to take over and have some food tonight." "I betcha the other people will want me to! I'm more fun!" "What are you talking about?" "The other writers!" "Whatever. You never make any sense." "She does happen to represent our manic attitude." "I'll gut you, and throw your remains in the ocean, and stomp on them, and eat them, and then I'll go and puke them out again and shoot them with a crossbow. That is what I will do if you keep correcting me and insulting my intelligence and giving random facts!" "I have no physical for-" "SHUTUP!" "Hey, I think we're waking her up! Yay, more yelling! RAWR!" "What is wrong with you two...?"

Selia tossed and turned all through the night, muttering to herself in her sleep from three different perspectives. This was normal for her. That is why no one could ever stand being her roomate. That and the severed hands.

(So, did I break the fourth wall too much there? Also, still waiting on approaval of MPD/S. From what I've gathered, Rek here doesn't care. Anyway, I had to go file surfing to find this, and I had to rewrite some of it. Sorry for the delay. Anyway, I'm super tired, so if I think this is the best thing ever but you disagree, it may be due to fatigue on my part. Stupid exams.)

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia swallowed the last of her venison and stared into the fire. The orange flames licked the air around it hungry and never satisfied. Some of the group she had been eavesdropping on had decided to turn in for the night, which was good for her, less information to process. She picked up her tray and walked towards the bar setting down the empty plate gently. She smiled as the surprised bartender murmured "Thank you" to her.

"I overheard that you have rooms available?" She asked in a quiet voice tinged with a roughness. He watched her lips as her eyes were nothing but shadow due to her helmet.

"Y-yes, we have room." He was speaking oddly. Perhaps it was the odd company he had witnessed or perhaps just her nice demeanor despite her ragged and worn armor. She fished out her coin purse and handed him ten septims gingerly.

"The going rate is still just ten, right sir?" He blinked and then looked at the gold in his hand.

"Yes, enjoy your stay miss." He managed while putting away the gold. She nodded her thanks and walked away smoothly towards the boarding rooms.

She opened her door, the hinges squeeking as she did, and closed it softly behind her. When she had left her seat in the inn she had met no ones' eyes but knew there were many coming on this expedition. The Imperial woman was strong, seductive, and a typical woman used to power and attention. There was heart hidden beneath the outside shell though; though that heart could be easily missed by the cloying complexion she cast with her dominant personality. The Redguard man was easily jealous, a quality that would most likely make him weak during the expedition Azaelia thought as she reviewed her information in her head.

The Redguard woman was crazed, no doubt about that, but she would prove a "heavy handed" ally if there was trouble afoot. The other man that had entertained the Imperial woman's attention was called Edwin, Azaelia believed. He had particularly seemed interested in the woman whose name, Azaelia thought, was Danacia. Nevertheless, he would be useful in the journey as a type of "neutral" warrior, she thought.

Then there was the half-breed. He was gentle, unless provoked. The fight she had heard murmurs of seemed as if he did not have remorse nearly killing, or in fact killing, a Stendarr enthusiast with his bare hands. He was brute, that much had not eluded her or anyone in the inn that night, but he was also tentative. That tentativeness separated the "beastial" blood that flowed through his hard body and gave him the difference between "demon" and "man".

Small as his presence was, Azaelia even noticed the man that kept to himself by the fire. The only reason her attention was brought over him was the mixed glances Danacia kept giving him, and he reciprocating. Old lovers, she thought to herself as she locked the door, unlocked, and then locked again. Perhaps that will cause problems over the course of our journey... She thought as she strode over to the window to make sure that it was secure. Surely they wouldn't make everything terrible for everyone else accompanying them...No...Hopefully not...

Once she had deemed the room secure, she took off her helmet and sat it carefully down on the bed. Her hair lifted and then fell in streams across her shoulders, powdery blonde but dingy with neglect from being trapped under the helm. She closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of the cold air on her face. She breathed in deeply and then began to strip her armor off leaving only the linen garments adorning her body. She put her armor neatly at the foot of her bed, and set the helmet on top like a crown for the worn "clothes". She then dragged on of the chests near to the window and settled herself on top of it so she could look out of the window. The night was dark and bright with many stars and the auroric lights. Her focus shifted to the reflection on the pane of glass, a face wan and soft. Eyes dark blue like the depths of a clear, mystical river, and hair pale as the tundra with the moon shining down. She touched her face, as if to verify it as hers and she looked away. Perhaps eventually I will get use to this... she thought to herself as she left the window and drew the drapes she had thrown over the sill to block the view. Sluggishly, she led her body to her bed and climbed under the warm furs. Surely, she hoped, sleep will take hold easily tonight, and by to-morrow I will have the courage I once did...

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Dawn came upon Winterhold sooner than had imagined, and as Danacia's eyes fluttered open naturally toward the timing she had hoped for, she took in with surprise to how peaceful the snow blanketed ruins of a major city was when all were quiet. Sure, she was tucked snug under the fur blankets in her rented bed, and because of so she couldn't technically know if the rest of the town was sleeping...but there was always something peaceful about winter. Something that when the first snowfall of the year hits, and you wake up in a room full of complete darkness close to a window, or thin walls of a home to where the sounds of outside were quite prevalent; it was worth the experience no matter how tired you were. But, the even better part was when you got out of bed, cursing to yourself about how cold it was in the room, and lifted the drapes to such a window frame witnessing the beautiful white blanket covering the outdoor landscapes nearby. That was what was worth it. That was what made her know that after such a terrible blizzard the other evening, that, Winterhold was peaceful in it's mornings. And something like this, being able to witness a winter sunrise when the weather was at it's calmest; was a priceless moment to be captured in one's heart forever.

Danacia stretched, and she yawned a long yawn as her mouth shaped into an oval. She sat up in her bed, not wanting to escape the warmth she was surrounded in, but it was worth it. She thought about the many things she had to do today, but most importantly, the expedition. There were so many unique characters in this group applying per the Jarl's request that she had to get to know. At least, it was no doubt, she would not be in for a dull experience for the next several weeks. Or, that is, how long it would take them to get through the dwemer ruins.

She began to think about all of the supplies she brought with her, and about her horse Mirrow. She wondered if all of her stuff was still in tact, and if she would need Mirrow to travel to the exact location of the ruins. Danacia finally made her way from the bed, and she revealed the bare body she covered the night before. Making her way towards the wash basin, she began to clean up, and then she moved to her steel armor to redress herself. Danacia finished dressing, moving to the pack she carried on hand at all times, and she pulled out a small bottle of homemade perfume. She grinned, enjoying the intoxicating aroma that lingered off of her when she wore it. She began to spray herself lightly so that she didn't smell like she over did it at all.

Finally all dressed, she moved to the mirror to reapply the white warpaint she had on from yesterday. She began to brush her hair, parting more on one side than the other, and then she tucked the side with less on it neatly behind her ears while the other seductively teased over her face. She looked deep into her lime green eyes, and then the wolf spirit of hers flashed it's awakening for the morning. It was just what she was searching for.

After packing everything up, Danacia swings her pack over her shoulders and then unlocks the door to her room. She left everything clean and organized as it had been so the moment she entered the room in the first place. Danacia had her hood off rested on her shoulders, and the fur coat she had on in the first place for traveling was back over her body as well. Making her way up towards the bar to return her room key, she took in the sweet scent of fresh rolls and morning porridge being made for the guests of the inn. She licked her lips, offering a fair amount of coins to the innkeeper to set her up with some morning grub. Danacia was handed a bowl of porridge, a freshly baked roll, and then some light morning mead. She grinned, moving over to a bench table as she dug in. She didn't want to waste time, for she planned to be the first to the longhouse, and so she was going to keep that promise. Eating with haste, she returned the dishes with thanks, and then headed out the door of the inn to meet the nearly knee high snow covering the outside.

Danacia trekked her way towards the longhouse, grinning widely for the fact that she indeed accomplished what she had planned on. She figured, she could at least get into the longhouse, and form the beginning of the line to grant an audience with Jarl Korir so that she could pick and choose who would be apart of this expedition. That is, if he granted her lead position. She thought she could perform the role well enough. It wouldn't take much, and she was a pretty level headed woman when she wanted to be. Most of the time, her sister took the lead when it came to them growining up, but Danacia had enough experience "leading" during her time as a princess of the Ula. She knew how to be fair, when to be just, and all of the good things that came in store for a quality leader. Finally making her way to the actual door, close enough to where her gaunlet covered hand could grasp the door handle, she pulled it open hard as she stepped inside.

A modest, but well kept longhouse for the Jarl she saw. She admired the decor, but of course compared to many of the other homes for the Jarl's within Skyrim, this one by far wasn't the best. She personally preferred Dragonsreach due to it's history and beautiful architecture. Jarl Balgruuf was definitely a very lucky man to live there. Danacia tapped her snow covered steel boots at the door, shivering somewhat that her plump lips revealing those pearly whites chattered. She saw the steward of the Jarl making arrangements before the Jarl would sit upon his throne. Making her way over to the steward, whom promptly turned as they recognized someone drawing near, she nodded respectfully extending her hand as she locked an intense, alluring gaze with her lime green eyes. "Danacia Mundatke, adventurer, at your service."

The steward smiled, enjoying her eyes as most did, and she replied, "The Jarl will be holding audience very shortly. You are the first to arrive, and for that, you will be the first to be seen. A pleasure to meet you, Danacia, I have heard much about your sister, Leilani right?" Danacia was shocked when the steward mentioned her sister, but then shook it off remembering that Leilani was a thane in many of the holds in Skyrim. She nodded. "Indeed, we are sisters, and she is quite the mentor." Danacia held a wide, charming, grin. The steward moved her gaze to a scroll as she began to jot down Danacia's name. As the adventurers would arrive to speak with the Jarl, she would take their name so they could be properly seen in accordance as they came.

Looking back up to Danacia, she offered yet another smile quite interested by the sparkle in her eyes, "Then I have no doubt of your own abilities if it true you are related. You are most likely just what Jarl Korir needs for the position of leadership on this expedition. I will put in a good word for you, but for now I must say my goodbyes as it seems many more are heading through the door. Good day." The steward nodded respectfully, Danacia returned the nod with a thanks, and watched as she headed towards the door with an excited smile.

(ooc: do let me know if you feel I am rushing things too fast)

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin woke suddenly in the morning, as he often did. His eyes shot open and he stat up, looking about himself as if he expected to see someone standing there. Edwin's dreams had been most strange this night, he remembered some kind of wolf walking among glowing mushrooms. Very odd, perhaps that mead he had drank last night had been laced with hist sap.

He got up, rubbing his eyes and running a hand through his hair. Standing, Edwin walked over to the basin of water in the corner of the room and splashed his face with the cold water to wake himself up a little more. He then went and got dressed, donning his armored robe and strapping on his sword belt. He felt much less cold the second he put on his equipment as the enchantments on it took effect. After making sure that all his hidden daggers were in the correct places he pulled as small mirror out of one of his pockets, holding it before him and combing his hair quickly with his hand.

With his morning routine completed Edwin stepped out of the room and into the main room of the Frozen Hearth. The inn was nearly empty, with only a few drunks slumped over a table near the back of the room. Edwin approached the counter and smiled at the bartender. "Just a loaf of bread and some chicken or something to go please."

The man nodded, quickly grabbing some food from the backroom and giving it to Edwin. He thanked the man and went out into the fresh morning air of Winterhold. Edwin smiled as he breathed in the crisp air and viewed the amazing towering mountains to the south and the vast expanses of the sea of ghosts to the north. He was glad the weather had shaped up for today, traveling to wherever they were going would not be nearly as bad if this weather held up. Then of course good weather almost never held up in Winterhold.

Edwin reached the Jarl's longhouse, and opened the door, walking swiftly into the warm building. He saw that Danacia was the only one there so far and he smiled, walking up and greeting her, "And a good morning to you Danacia! Did you sleep well through the deadly cold of the night?" As he approached her the steward took a hesitant step forwards, asking, "I assume you are here for the expedition as well?" Edwin nodded, "Yes, and there were a few more that should be coming soon to." He then leaned up against the wall next to Danacia, waiting for the others to show.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe sat on a chair in the corner of the inn. She wore her usual tight-black leather set with the two rows of parallel buckles running down the front and her matching black hood to protect her from the sun. Her clothes were more for looks than they were for protection. Vampires and Werewolves - but not so much Werewolves - healed much faster than normal people. This allowed Circe to focus on her appearance more. A valuable part of her survival in these harsh lands. It allowed her to use her natural illusion powers far more effectively, mostly on men.

Circe was waiting for someone. Someone she had been too tired to chase up the night before as she had gone two days without rest. Not someone she had planned to find in Winterhold either. She had in fact smelt them when she entered last night. She waited in her corner, her appearance quite intimidating to the drunks who sat in the room. The hood she wore made here face only just visible, but here eyes gleamed red through the darkness.

Just then the person she had been waiting for left their room. A Nord woman with lime green eyes and war paint passed the fire in the centre of the room and made her way to the bar. Circe watched this woman while she ate right up until she left. After letting another man emerge from his room and get some food from the bartender, Circe stood from her chair and made her way to the door.

Winterhold was like an alien world as Circe stepped onto the soft snow at her feet. The sky was clear and the sun rose behind her, iluminating the college and giving it a mysterious glow about it. Perhaps it was because of the magic inside, or perhaps it was Mother Natures own magic. There was a breeze as well, a gentle breeze. Just enough to keep the inhabitants of the town awake while the whistles the wind made as it passed through holes in walls lured them into sleep once more. Circe took in a deep breath and smiled, despite the pain the sun caused her, even with her hood. She loved the fresh, and she loved the cold. On the ground were two sets of footsteps. One belonged to the woman she was looking for, but both went to the same place anyway. She followed the prints until she reached the Jarls longhouse, the largest building - bar the college - in the hold although it was still very poor compared to the housed of other Jarls.

The Imperial woman pushed open the door to the building and stepped inside to find the Nord woman and the man she had seen leave the inn standing near the Steward. Circe pulled down her hood and smiled at the Steward.

"My name is Circe. I believe there are ruins to be explored."

The Steward scribbled down Circe's name and then looked back up to her.

"Indeed. Are you with these two?"

Circe looked at the Nord woman with the lime green eyes, knowing indefinitely that the woman was one of Leilani's relatives. Most likely a sister. She though. Circe had made here eyes hazel as she entered the Jarls house but she let them flash red for less than a second when she looked at the Nord.

"That depends on if they'll have me."

Skyrimosity

Rellian had stayed up longer than Danacia. Indeed, he had stayed drinking longer than most of even the Nords. When he finally had gone to bed, he only got 2 hours of sleep when he awoke at the break of dawn, as was his normal routine. After awaking, he spent a few minutes letting the wooziness wear of his mind. Then he remembered he was supposed to meet Danacia in the Jarl's Longhouse. He threw on his Fur Armor, which was of a Superior quality since Adrienne Avenicci had recently improved it a great bit and grabbed his sword then walked out the inn.

Rellian found his way to the Longhouse easily considering it was the only building worth noticing in Winterhold. He waltzed right in and saw Danacia and Edwin were already there. "Good morning Danacia." He said, purposefully ignoring Edwin. Rellian didn't recognize the other woman there. The Steward approached him "H... hello Rellian." Rellian replied "Ah, your still the Steward heh? Tell me, has your brother recovered from that vampire attack?" "Y... yes he has. Thank you." Rellian ended the conversation by turning to the woman he didn't recognize. "Hello to you. Are you with Danacia here as well? Then tell me, what is your name? I am Rellian."

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    "Circe." She said, reaching out and shaking the man's hands with a firm grip, perhaps too firm. "And no, I don't know Danicia, but I think I know someone who does. I saw your group last night. I just came to Winterhold to see about these new ruins that have been discovered. The pay is not something I am bothered about, I just needed something to do. What about yourself?"

Skyrimosity

Rellian gave a firm handshake to the woman, Circe. "Well, I came here because I received a note which told me to come here and see Danacia. It was vague so I was a bit worried, but I had also grown bored of my many repetitive tasks to run for native Nords. They're so BRAVE and HEROIC yet they hire a Redguard to do their work for them. But anyway, it is nice to meet you, Circe.'

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe took a step backwards as she moved out of the handshake.

"Likewise." She said with a little smile. "May I ask, is that crazy little Reguard woman with you? I spoke with her briefly last night, I've taken quite a liking to her."

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "And a good morning to you Danacia! Did you sleep well through the deadly cold of the night?" Edwin said, turning Danacia's thoughts away from her as she looked on to the familiar face from the night before. She smiled before returning a reply. "Good morning Danacia." Rellian then had soon followed after Edwin, purposefully ignoring Edwin which was completely deliberate to sight. She sighed, and rolled her eyes, but then grinned as she looked at her feet. She still had yet to say anything to the two that had addressed her, and was not even given a chance to respond to Rellian as he turned his eyes to the vampire. She began to wonder about why someone would have given a complete stranger like Rellian, at least to her, to seek her out. "And how she just looked like a Danacia." The wolf inside her growled, digging its claws into her mind, and Danacia felt it. Her eyes began to glow, locked on the vampire, and she bit her lip hard not to lash out. Danacia wasn't fond of vampires, and what she wasn't even more fond of was the fact that Circe knew her sister. She could smell her sister's energy lingering on her aura. It drove her wolf nuts. She would speak to this girl the moment they had alone time. But for now, she would remain silent.

Watching people pour in, the steward addressed them one by one, and even dismissed a few that upon looks "didn't seem to be fitting for the job." It sort of made Danacia laugh, but also feel good at the same time. She listened to the conversations between would be adventurers for the expedition, and the steward, while her mind was torn between the expedition, the vampire and Leilani, and then of course Reliian's note some more. She fisted her hands tight, the wolf inside her riled up from the presence of a vampire, and she closed her eyes letting out a deep exhale while inwardly cussing it out. The wold calmed down, and she opened her eyes once more with a smile.

Danacia turned, leaning her side against the wall as she gave her full attention to Edwin. She smiled her charming bright smile, and she looked into his eyes. "Did you have crazy dreams, perhaps? I can see it in your eyes." She winked, referring to the conversation they had the other evening in his mind. He was the one here so far who knew her best, and she enjoyed teasing him with all of her knowledge on he. The wolf spirit of hers stepped out of her body, and it began to circle the vampire in stealth mode. No harm was intended, nor would it be picked up or felt even if she had astral abilities. It was just studying her with it's head held low in a defensive stance. She ignored it, and kept her attention on Edwin. "Those dreams, though, they probably happened because I invaded the sanctity of your mind." She giggled, and then she turned her body away from him now having her back leaned up against the wall. She then remembered he asked how she was doing, but forgot because she had been lost in a bewilderment of thoughts. She turned back, seeing him smile for the odd response to his average formal greeting. She chuckled, continuing, "Oh yes! I'm sorry! Good morning to you as well, and I slept alright. Would have been better if I wasn't alone. But, I'm used to that by now." She looked down with a flirty smile on her face and a playful sigh. She then laughed it off as a joke turning her attention back to the vampire and Rellian.

Upon looking at Rellian, she lifted a brow crossing her arms and inwardly rolling her eyes. The vampire was beautiful nonetheless, and she wondered to herself if he was so easily able to buy into her tricks. She didn't dislike Circe, she didn't even know her, but she was for sure cautious. Danacia had a thoughtful smile on her face as those gorgeous lime green eyes of hers sparkled in the orange glow of the torch that was hung to her right. It also played up the highlights in her light red hair. She moved her eyes to focus on a strand of hair that kept to fall in her face, and she blew it up out of the way. But it came back down, and then she turned back to Rellian and the vampire and spoke out, "Oh, and good morning to you as well Rellian." She smirked and then turned her attention off of them moving back to Edwin.

Having turned once more, she kept an intimate gaze as always, and she said, "So do you think all of the interesting characters we met last night will be accepted by the Jarl for this expedition? The steward said she's going to put in a good word for me, as well, to be the lead of the group." She grinned at the last thought moving her lips slowly as she spoke to tantalize his imagination.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia woke normal enough, and sleep did decide to visit her, eagerly. She blinked a few times to clear her vision and lay still in her bed. The only movement her quickened breathing, due to awakening, under the warm fur blankets. She woke with her arms crossed in front of her protectively, it had become something of a habit in the past few months, but she didn't mind it. Actually, she didn't think it odd at all. Winter was coming and with it cooler temperatures. It only made sense for her body's natural reaction to be to curl close around itself.

She sat up swinging her legs out and plopping her feet on the floor, which she instantly regretted seeing as the floor was just as cold as the snow outside. Or so it seemed to her. Regardless she quickly put on her armor and left her room.

She kindly asked the bartender, his voice now calm and not at all in that stutter, for a rabbit leg to which he obliged. She ate fast, and uncorked a bottle of mead. She drank it sparingly as she left the inn and started towards the Jarl's place of residence. Outside there was birdsong and sunlight glimmering weakly through the thick cloud cover. How long until the next storm, she couldn't help but wonder as she stared up at the grey-blue sky. The color almost resembled that of a Rock Warbler's egg without the speckles. Smoke rose from the chimneys of the houses that were up and running by now, it was still fairly early morning, and it was the best time, to Azaelia, to try and get warmed up for the day ahead. From the crisp, cool smell on the air, Azaelia thought it was going to be a fairly good day.

The snow was deep, and many of the people she had resided at the inn with had already left. She could tell by the snow, disturbed as it was, because of the deep trudges those before her had made. At least they made it easy on me, she thought with a smirk as she walked through the path that had been trampled down by the others. I wonder how many of those I observed last night will actually show up for the expedition, but she shook the thought away as if annoyed with herself.

"The less that shows up the more I'll profit. The more that shows up, the easier it will be to blend in..." She muttered to herself as she made hand gestures as if weighing her thoughts. It was cold out in Winterhold, and she was thankful for her clothing however rough it may look to others. All she could say is that it had served her well in her past encounters, and it was well enough made to keep Azaelia happy, warm, and satisfied.

She re-corked her bottle of mead and stuffed it in her nap sack; the small pack she carried with her that fit snugly to her back was convenient. It didn't hold much so it didn't hinder her movement, but then again, she didn't need to carry all that much. She was one of those resourceful sorts. She pushed open the door in front of her, the one that the tracks had led her to, and entered into the warm environment. There was an adornment hanging off of the door-frame on the inside and the horns on her helm, yet again, collided and shifted obscuring her vision momentarily. She quickly adjusted the helmet so that she could see out of the two holes, her face flushed a furious red as the steward eyed her clumsiness.

"Are you here for the expedition miss?" He asked in a tone that was strained and a bit confused, maybe even a little disgusted.

"Y-yes sir." She managed with an awkward smile. He looked over his shoulders at something or someone and while he did she let her face fall in a defeated manner. He looked back over her, her mouth forcing the same awkward smile it had just worn back on her wan face, and then he shrugged and waved her towards the others she had observed the other night. She nodded her thanks to him and dropped her head submissively as she walked carefully over to the four that were standing together. Danacia was there, the two men that had kept most of her attention were also there, and then there was one person Azaelia had missed. She was slender and forthright like Danacia, but there was an undertone of something sinister, perhaps just downright scary, about the woman.

Azaelia paid no mind, there was no need in making introductions now. She didn't even know if the Jarl would allow her to tag along, so she kept to herself. This mannerism was, after all, what Azaelia credited herself most for.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia held her head as she ran in circles around her room. She had a terrible headache. "Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow! DAMN IT!", shouted the woman as she stubbed her toe on the dresser. In seconds, an elven sword was sticking through the piece of furniture. It calmly slid out, inspiring laughter in the woman. "Ha! I cannot believe I just did that!" "Neither can I." "OH MY GODS, SHUT UP!" One of the voices inside Selias head was acting up again. After a tiny battle, one which allowed the few remaining patrons the opportunity to hear a raving madwoman scream to herself, Selia triumphed. She fell onto her bed, exasperated by her mental conflict. She sighed and stabbed the bed repeatedly with her dagger, as she always did when tired and triumphant.

Then, Selia remembered that she was supposed to head to the longhouse. She gasped and jumped off of the bed, piling eveyrthing in the room into a small bag. Even a still-lit candle that had been there since she arrived. Luckily, all her belongings had flame resisting enchanments. She had run into this problem too many times in the past. After about five mintues of stealing everything in the room and piling it on top of her stuff, she left the room at a breakneck pace. A drunken Nord stood in her way. He ended up having to get the help of a healer for a broken rib. Selia laughed and continued dashing towards the door, knocking a female Khajiit into the arms of the bartender. He smiled, happy. That smile left his face as the Khajiit kneed him "below the belt". But, Selia was already out the door, unable to witness this comedic masterpiece. She always appreciated physical humor.

Outside, a light snow fell over the land. It had nearly filled multiple sets of footprints heading towards the Jarl's home. Selia made sure to step in everyone, so as to avoid anyone tracking her footprints. She had a healthy dose of paranoia mixed in with her other insanity. After a minute of carefully following the footprints, Selia's head bumped into a door. She stabbed her sword into the miniscule opening, mistaking it for a person. Luckily, no one was leaning against the door. Selia looked up, then began laughing again. She quickly regained her composure, remembering that she needed to speak in a formal manner. The assassin calmly pushed the door opened and drew a white cowl out of her pack, placing it over her head.

Selia bowed her head and slowly crossed the expanse towards the steward. From the corners of her eyes she could see other people, all of whom were staring at the newcomer (who, in the eyes of the staff, had very rudely left the door open). She was walking, very calmly and tension-building-y, when a voice interrupted her. "C'mon, let's throw a party! Sweetrolls for everyone! Especially our dear host!" Selia stood straight and rigid, then whispered, "Go away! And who is this host? The Jarl?" "No, silly! It's the Nord!" "What? The Jarl is a Nord! Now shut up!" Selia shouted that last reply, eliciting further glances by the staff, the expedition members and the passerby.

Selia coughed, trying to cover up that last remark, failing by a long-shot, and said, "Uhum, excuse me, Mister Jarl guy, or steward, or whatever, but I would like to join the expedition. I want a pet chaurus, and I heard they live in Dwemer ruins! Also, I don't want my new friend, Miss Shiny Teeth (Should I have avoided saying that? Is that too revealing of what Circe is?), to die in there! Or any of these other victims! They should die at my hands, if ever!" Selia stared at the steward, giving her best puppy-dog eyes. She puffed out her lip and widened her eyes, staring at him. Just. Staring. For about 20 seconds. "Um... Wh- Why not...", said the steward in a very timid, scared voice, interrupting the silence. Selia immediately began jumping with joy. Literally. She grabbed some random maid, decided her new name was Joy, and began bouncing up and down. Then, she stopped abruptly, causing the bewildered staff member to fall to the ground, dazed and confused. The Redguard suddenly put on a (fake) proffesional air, saying, "So, who else is coming with us?"

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin smiled back at Danacia, ingoring Rellian just as much as he was obviously ignoring him. He was perfectly fine with the arrogant Redguard pretending he didn't exist, in fact it was probable the best case scenario for anybody who came near the man. As the stood in the room waiting for the others to show a shadowy woman that Edwin remembered vaguely from the other night stepped in and started talking to the steward. She then went over to Rellian and began converseing with him. Edwin overheard that her name was Circe, but he blocked the rest out as Danacia began talking to him.

She smiled in that pacifying way that Edwin himself used, only to lesser effect, as she said something about crazy dreams. Edwin smiled broadly back at her, knowing full we she hadn't 'seen it in his eyes' ,"Why yes, they were rather strange. I belive you were in it, for at least part of the time." Danacia then explained that the cause of his bizzare dreams was likely due to her mind touching his and he nodded, "Yes, that is what I figured. Not a problem though, perhaps your 'touch' has enhanced my already vast intelect and imagination!" He gave her a sly smile.

The conversation then moved on to how well she had slept and Danacia replied with a flirty comment. Edwin grinned, "Indeed! One does tend to sleep much better with company, expecially in cold climates such as this. But then the caves of the underworld are quite cramped, I am sure you will not be forced to far appart from noble company there..." He trailed of with a layful smirk.

Edwin also had to smile a little as he saw the offhanded greeting given to Rellian before Danacia turned back to him. The Redugard would surely be annoyed. They then moved on from talking about personel matters to buisiness, and Danacia wondered if all of the others from last night would show. Edwin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, I hope the Orc/Dremora shows at least. I found him to be quite interesting, as well as extremely usefull." He cast a sideways glance at her cautiously before asking, "Do you think that Nord man, you ex-husband, is planning to join the expedition?"

As he spoke two more people entered. One was the insane redguard woman, who romped about crazily as usual. The other was a female warrior that Edwin had not noticed the night before whose face was hidden by a closed face helmet. She spoke in a quite, but polite voice and Edwin wondered why she wished to join such a band of unruly misfits.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "Indeed! One does tend to sleep much better with company, expecially in cold climates such as this. But then the caves of the underworld are quite cramped, I am sure you will not be forced to far appart from noble company there..." He trailed of with a playful smirk. Danacia bit her lip and looked back into his eyes with a smile. She nodded in agreement to the fact that she hoped that Adaro would show up. He was kind, and he also seemed like he would be a good fighter. She was interested in knowing him more. He cast a sideways glance at her cautiously before asking, "Do you think that Nord man, you ex-husband, is planning to join the expedition?" Danacia thought about this one before she answered, but of course her eyes were still locked in his and he could see every bit of side step that she would say. She closed them, looking down, and shaking her head. She then looked up, not hiding her brief emotional moment from Edwin. She knew everything about him, so it was only fair. "I hope not. But I'm sure if he did he would be useful nonetheless." She nodded, turning away and her face getting serious. She was in business mode now. She had her hand placed firmly against the wall as she watched more adventurers walk in and speak with the steward, and a lot walk out. It made her smirk once more. She began to tap her hands on the wall, restless, really wanting to get "the show on the road."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    (OOC: looks like I was lolly gagging again and got behind once more...-__-)

After hours of sitting and listening to the group's conversation, Adario grew tired and collapsed into the afforementioned bed he rented. He was out like a torch that got blown by a gust of wind.

Adario woke up the next day, expecting to see the group there. They were not, since he overslept. "Must've went to the Jarl like they said.. So he put his armor back on and walked to the door while nobody was paying attention. Before he opened the door, he remembered the punishment he would recieve for being a half daedra in the jarl's court. So he discreetly disguised himself with illusion magic. The mirage he shapeshifted into was a red-scaled Argonian mercenary, wearing the same armor as usual, that was what just happened to pop into his head at the time. With his new and temporary form, Adario opened the door then walked slowly into the cold breeze, fooling the lingering guards into believing he was actually an Argonian.

He opened the door into the Jarl's house, he saw the same group as before, Edwin, Danacia, and all of them. He approached them cautiously, them believing he was some argonian newcomer. He leaned over towards them and said quietly so only they could hear, "Guys...it's me. Adario, the Orc/Dremora guy you saw earlier, I'm in a disguise via illusion magic. However it wont last long...probably a day at the most will be the duration of this spell. But if the Jarl asks who I am, let me do the talking, okay?"

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia dropped her formal disposition as soon as the argonian entered the room. She didn't want a false first impression, you know? She was always honest. If any of her targets had asked her if she was an assassin over their poisoned meals, she would've told them yes with a great big smile. Then she would've laughed as they began to froth at the mouth, then puke blood all over the table. Selia grinned, remembering such happy times, then shook her head. The Argonian appeared to be approaching the group. He leaned in close to Danacia and Edwin, then said, just loud enough for the party members to hear, but not loud enough for the steward,"Guys...it's me. Adario, the Orc/Dremora guy you saw earlier, I'm in a disguise via illusion magic. However it wont last long...probably a day at the most will be the duration of this spell. But if the Jarl asks who I am, let me do the talking, okay?"

Selia was perplexed by this statement. She could not understand the concept of lying. Or not allowing someone to speak. Selia launched into a fit of questions, all of which were whispered; "Why? How come you don't just tell the Jarl? Why didn't you tell us your name last night? Why are you an Argonian instead of a Bosmer? Why won't the spell last forever? How come I can't talk to the Jarl? How is it you are half Dremora? How come you won't answer me? How come? Why? C'mon answer me!"

Selia spoke nonstop, not allowing Adario the chance to answer her. After that mini-speech, she leaned in close and constantly went, "Huh? Huh? HUH!?" Each "Huh?" drew her a little bit closer to Adario until her nose was pressed up against his nose. "Oh, I'm sorry, would you like a chance to speak? TOO BAD, BEAST!", shouted Selia to the cleverly disguised hybrid. The Redguard woman stomped away from him, her attitude changing drastically, and walked up to the steward. "ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, DAMN IT!", shouted the woman to the steward.

Thee steward looked quite perplexed at the fact that an odd woman was shouting at him to answer some questions he hadn't even heard. Selia shook her head and quickly changed her demeanor again, saying, "I am so very sorry! I have... Outbursts. Hey, your left foot is askew. Let me fix that." Selia bent down and turned the confused man's foot towards the other one, then stood straight again. "Oh, and there appears to be a loose strand of hair hanging in front of your eye. Allow me.", said the woman as she brushed her hand across the stewards face. She shook her head again, then skipped away from the bewildered man and back to the bewildered... I guess he should be referred to as just Adario, to avoid any confusion. "So, would you mind answering me now?", asked the Redguard, her usual demeanor restored. She appeared oblivious to the fact that anything had happened just hten.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts