• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    Welcome to Riften.

The tavern is open for new meetings.

This area should be treated as a neutral and free-form story area. Mainly for when you need more characters, or are trying to start a RP Story, need to drop some characters off for a side story...

For a example see here: [Skyrim Freeform RP] The Bannered Mare - Beginning

Add a character card here: [Skyrim Freeform RP] Post your character card

Read a convienient guide here: A Comprehensive Guide to Free Form Role Play, for Beginners.

A handy F.A.Q. here: Role Play F.A.Q.

And the public rules for neutral common areas of the rp section. here: Rules & rules discussion for: *Public RP Areas*

I recommend patience we are a 24 hour, 24 times zones kind of forum. The people watching and willing my have different schedules. And enjoy, your character.

SolitudeScribe

Mage in plate. Because magicka runs out.
    Amongst the outwardly serene and scenic tavern, filled to the brim with huddled customers at their tables conversing in whispers stood a tall, dark haired woman with two hands placed calmly on her hips. Her brows furrowed with frustrated determination even with a counter dividing the battlemage and her source. The pouring of Blackbriar mead spilling into one of many tankards snapped Ljúfa Runewalker out of the staring trance.

The Nord's lashes fluttered in confusion at the Argonian Innkeeper, baffled to hear the most unfortunate news a weary traveller does not wish to hear after a long day. "The seediest city in all of Skyrim doesn't even have a ROOM? This is insanity," she replied with tentative calmness. It was too late for the battlemage take note that the Argonian was about to say something else since she sulked her way toward an empty wooden chair by a wall, a mere short distance directly across the counter, iron armor clanking loudly along the way. Gladly, the woman sat down and closed her eyes.

Ljúfa played the the typical role of a heavily armored Nord but the pouches around her belt were inflated with herbs and small soul gems. The woman proudly carried a run of the mill casting staff with a white orb on top which she initially placed by the same wall before she approached the Argonian. Speaking of...

Ljúfa's lids sprung open, as if she just recalled something and glanced over her right shoulder. The woman's head darted at the wall where her staff once waited faithfully.

"Oh, by the Divines...thieves. Of course, thieves," Ljúfa muttered under her breath. Her azure eyes scanned the dimly lit Inn, but it was of little help. Seated and standing patrons alike were all complete strangers to her.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    rodmar stood outside the bee and barb searching his memory for another place to spend the night. His polished steel plate armour reflecting the faint red light of the moon. he cursed under his breath "if i was back in jorrvaskr i would be sleeping off my mead by now" insted he was in riften home of the thevies guild. the very idea of guild of thevies offended him.

As he turned to walk to the main gate of the city the stillness of the night air was broken as the door to the bee and the parb opened breifly letting the noise of the tavern spill out into the night. a shadowy figure in guild armour scurryed out into the darkness clutching a staff, what kind Rodmar couldnt tell. as the figure darted towards him he reached his right hand over his shoulder and on one fluid movement pulled out his skyforge steel great sword, the frost enchanment burning ice blue in the dark. too late the theif saw what was happening as the blunt side of the sword connected with his head nocking him to the ground. Rodmar took a step towards the dazed thief and held the point of his sword to theif's neck "be gone with you! AND leave that staff lest i open your thoat!"

as the theif melted into the night Rodmar slid his sword back over his shoulder and picked up the staff. he opened the door to the tavern and in his loud nord voice asked "who in here's lost their staff?"

SolitudeScribe

Mage in plate. Because magicka runs out.
    The brief scuffle vaguely reached Ljúfa's ears inside the Bee and Barb but it was enough for her head to be perked in an alert fashion. She knew of Riften's notorious reputation but she didn't think it'd be this bad. A Nord missing a weapon was like the sky with a removed moon and not to mention this was the last place Ljúfa wanted to lose anything. Thieves Guild aside, Riften was not her backyard. Being far from Solitude felt like venturing into another country.

Uneasiness settled in her gut but her unsmiling face remained while her eyes bounced from person to person. The loud voice yanked the obsidian haired Nord from her mini search. Before anyone knew it, the Battlemage rose to her feet and stomped across the tavern, accidently bumping into a passing Dunmer couple. Ljúfa hastily apologized, brushing past them without giving their annoyed expressions a chance to shine.

She finally made it toward the other Nord. Her right hand waved once at Rodmer, quickly observing the sword on his back with quick interest. The candlelight somewhat radiated the exposed dark tanned skin on her arms and for once, her smiling face.

"Oh, thank the Gods! I almost gave up hope. It belongs to me. Staff from Cyrodiil," she continued, "Its extremely handy against the undead. The holy energy blasts from the orb...provided you have enough soul gems for the charge."

Ljúfa awkwardly cleared her throat, straightened her posture and extended the same waving hand to reclaim her prized weapon. "...I don't have much but I can buy you a drink," she announced, grin simmering back to its serious pose.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    the owner of the staff wasn't what Rodmar had expected. the mages he was used to seeing shunned armour in favor of enchanted robes. the dark haired woman infront of him was different. As he handed over the staff the wound in his side sent a sharp pain up his chest. "A drinks more than enough but you havent got a healing potion have you? ive just been on a contract from the companions to clear a animal out of this dunmer's home up in Shor's stone, he failed to mention the animal was a frost troll" against the fost troll his greatsword had been next to useless, it was the beast blood that had saved him but the noise had aroused suspicions in the village. rodmar made a note to get the collage of winterhold to put a fire enchanment on his sword. magic of all kinds was beyond him.

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    Levi cracked open the door to his room, just slightly, and listened outward to the rest of the tavern. A Nord's voice had caught his attention, and the rest of the customers had fallen silent enough for him to overhear the ensuing conversation as another armor-clad patron crossed the floor. It would be a good enough distraction.

Levi opened the door a few inches farther, just enough to let a much smaller barmaid slip under his arm and through the opening, her shoes still in hand. He shut the door again, taking a deep breath, and then another swig of mead. He couldn't remember how many weeks it had been since the Forsworn had taken Aleksia, his only love, from him, but since then it had been a blur of hard drinks and strange women, spread in a swath across Skyrim and culminating in this most recent act of debauchery. "Some comfort this is..." he thought to himself, taking another pull from the bottle still in his hand. "If I had parents, I bet they'd be proud."

On the bedside table sat a map, old and tattered, having been carried for decades. In the upper-right corner of it was an "X" marking the city of Winterhold. On the bottom-right corner, mere inches away in his hand yet an impassable distance in his head, was Riften, where he stood. Next to this table was a bag containing his weapons, his potions, and the enchanted ebony armor he'd had no need to dawn for a week at least. It, like himself, had seen all or southern Skyrim, from the border of High Rock to this thieving little town where he'd been laying his head most recently.

Levi wiped the last of the mead from his chin, slipped his dagger into the breast of his robes, picked up his few belongings, and reached for his door. "I can't stay here anymore." Of course, it wasn't the first time he'd told himself that. He made his way past the patrons of The Bee and Barb toward the door.

"...but you havent got a healing potion have you? ive just been on a contract from the companions to..."

Levi turned back to look. A Nord had got himself in trouble biting off more than he could chew? No, it was a mere scratch, and lucky for him, he'd picked that moment to do a favor for what appeared to be a battlemage worth her salt. He saw the pouches at her belt and reasoned that must have the kinds of herbs she would need for a simple healing potion, but wondered if she was familiar enough with Riften to make her way to Elgrim's Elixirs, the only alchemy lab in town, save for the one the Thieves Guild had cobbled together.

Levi sighed, then cleared his parched throat, "Excuse me..."

Character Card

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    rodmar looked towards the berton, another mage he thought. by the look of him he was no stranger to battle. "yes how can i be of help" rodmar said resuming his normal profesional demeanour. his wound pained him again although on the surface it was only a small gash he thought the troll had managed to crack a rib at the same time. the main worry to him was infection trolls are hardly clean animals and he could do without a case of rock-joint

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    "It seems you, sir, are the one in need of help." Levi stepped closer and the scent of a wolf filled his nostrils. He narrowed his eyes as glints of candlelight from the tavern caught the wounded Nord's well-polished armor. A glance toward the lady opposite him revealed her defensive posture. She hadn't been startled by his presence, but was nonetheless cautious, her hand instinctively adjusting the staff she now wielded. Levi held his glance and looked her over. "An Imperial, here?" He thought upon noticing her tanned skin. "No, no, not with blue eyes like those. How curious to see a Nord practicing magic..." Perhaps it was the mead, but he felt no threat from her. She reminded him of someone.

"A wound like that should be attended to." he said to them both in a matter-of-fact fashion; it wasn't in his nature to mince words. The two warriors exchanged glances, and they both seemed all too aware that the gash was in need of attention. "We'll start with this..." Levi pulled a fresh bottle of mead from his bag and held it in his outstretched hand. He could tell by the wince this gentleman was trying to hide that the injury was causing a fair amount of pain, and Levi knew but one way to handle pain. "...it should help for now, but we'll need to go somewhere to craft a potion and mend it properly." It seemed to be granted that neither knew the area very well, and little could be done without the right equipment. "Elgrim owes me a favor anyway, and I'm sure between your new found friend and myself we'll have all the ingredients we need."

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    OOC: Sounds good. If Scribe comes back we should consider starting our own thread; it looks like all of our characters have cause to go to Winterhold.

sticfigur

The Khajiit Brawler
    (mind if i jump in?) J'marco didn't usually come to Riften but he needed to find a job he had been working as a sell sword and need to find a new contract. He casually strolled into the Bee and Barb vaguely familiar with the tavern having visited once before. Suddenly he noticed Three odd characters, two nords both well equipped and a Breton who was helping one of the nords with a wound. He sat down in a chair near them intrigued by the odd scene before him.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    (hello) khan staggered through the door of the Bee and Barb tavern yet again blood drunk from a little fight with a thief on his way to the tavern. Even though he was still angry he wore a smile on his face. but as he entered the tavern he could feel the pace shift.

And as seeing as it involved nords he couldn't care less, he Didn't hate nords just disliked them is all. As so he sat at a far end table to notice a cat gawking at the scene Khan grunted placing his orcish battle axe on the wall behind him. He then crossed his arms and laid his head back staring at the ceiling.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    rodmar noticed two new people walk into the bar, a khajiit and an orc. the orc proped his battle axe aginst the wall behind him. rodmar thought it was about time he saw another two handed warrior, he was starting to feel a bit out numberd by mages. he turned his attention back to levi "thank you, i have a saber cat eye i think that can be used but it would be unwise to take my word for it, last time i tryed my hand at alchemy the potion melted the bottle. it was supposed to be a stamina potion."

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    OCC: I'll just keep writing Scribe in, in case he/she returns. Also, I'm just going to skim us over the trip to Elgrim's, since this is "The Bee and Barb" thread. Hope you don't mind.

IC: Levi chuckled to himself at the thought of this rather large warrior wandering the woods picking flowers and catching butterflies for the practice of alchemy. In searching his bag he found a charred skeever hide and a few hawk feathers. "We shouldn't waste time then." In truth, Levi was not so concerned about the hour. He had seen the Orc enter the bar behind the Kajiit and was glad to have an excuse to walk away...

The two Nords follow Levi to Elgrim's Elixirs. After a few hours a potion is crafted, and the warrior's wound begins to heal. The three then decide to return to The Bee and Barb as the potion continues to take effect.

As the three walked back into the tavern Levi quickly saw that the Orc had not moved from his chair. Hate filled him, but he did his best not to reveal it. He sat down at a table in the opposite end of the bar, laying his bag on the floor in such a way that his enchanted mace was withing easy reach.

He returned his attention to the two Nords. Conversation was not his strength, but he figured that attempting it would, at the least, distract him from his own anger. "M-My name is Levi..." he said hesitantly.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan noticed the nords once again as they entered the tavern this time they had sat at a table. he then saw the nord put his bag on the ground but made no note of it.

Getting thirsty Khan mentioned over the server and bought a tankard. while in between taking sips of his ale and staring at the nords. after thoroughly finishing his drink. he slammed it down onto the table as to ask for another round.

sticfigur

The Khajiit Brawler
    J'marco noticed the party of nords exit and enter again a couple hours later, he made no note of the orc at the back of the room who was carefully watching over him and the party of people seated at the other table. So in an attempt to be casual he ordered a tankard and relaxed, wary that one of the (nords?) had set his mace down in such a way as to not be suspicious but still cautious of the kahjiit and the orc staring at him.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan looked over at the khajiit and raised his mug so the server could fill it again, once the server had done so khan got out of his seat picking up his orcish battle-axe and fitting it on his back. He then walked over to the khajiit's and sat down next to the cat. "Hello there 'Cat'" khan said setting his battle-axe down near his feet.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    "well met, levi. im afraid i carnt pay you gold for the potion but i gan give you this..."
    Rodmar pulled out a deadric dagger and handed it to the berton
    "The troll that gave me that wound had it on him... well i say on him, it was stuck in the back of its shoulder. im not one for these fancy wepons, give me skyforge any day. ive had this greatsword for 20 years now and its still as sharp as the day it was forged" he said gesturing to the hilt protruding over his shoulder

"anyway what brings you to riften?"

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    OOC: FYI Levi is a Breton

Levi, surprised, took a moment to inspect the blade he had been handed. "Thank you, I—" Levi's words were cut short by the loud thud of a tankard striking a table. He looked over to see the Orc eying the same barmaid that had been in Levi's room just a few short hours ago. "I guess that's how an Orc orders a drink" he thought. Once the tankard was full the Orc stood and marched toward the Khajiit, taking a seat next to him. "Can't they do anything quietly?"

He looked back at the Nord, trying to collect his thoughts and remember where he had left off. He took a breath to speak, but was interrupted again, this time by the sound of the tavern door being quickly opened, then slammed shut. The room fell quiet. Near the doorway stood a Redguard man, tall with silver hair and hands that had never been worked a day. His clothes were of the finest silk, his shoes impeccably clean. Levi recognized him; he had done few jobs for this Redguard before, back in Whiterun. He had been paid well, but the work never went as smoothly as Levi had hoped.

"Vilann Domas" Levi said.

"Barenjager, you're a hard man to find," the Redguard responded. He approached the table, and upon it he placed a small chest, no larger than a man's head. "I have a job for you. This chest must go to Faralda at the College of Winterhold. As I understand it you've made plans to go there anyway, so it shouldn't cause you much trouble." Levi leaned back in his chair and placed his hand on his beard. Working for Vilann almost always involved trouble, and he knew it. Still, Levi was in need of the coin. "Fine," he said, "I'll do it, you can pay me in the usual fashion."

"Not this time. You see, th—the payment will be much larger for this job than anything you've done before. You'd... uh... you'd be well-advised to, perhaps, bring some company with you. Dividing the payment will be up to you. You'll receive 10,000 now, and another 90,000 in Winterhold, once the chest arrives safely." Vilann tossed several large coin purses to the table, then turned abruptly toward the door, giving Levi little choice. As he was reaching for the handle he stopped, then looked back over his shoulder. "To be clear, you shouldn't have any need to open this chest, understood?" Before Levi could answer the Redguard was gone.

Levi looked over at the Kajiit and the Orc. Both appeared to know how to handle themselves, and Levi had no problem working with Kajiit, but his past made him more than leery of Orcs. Still, he knew Vilann had surely understated the dangers involved, and he knew what Orcs could do in a fight. Levi sighed, then took several scraps of paper and a quill from his pack, scribbling two quick notes. He called the barmaid over. "Give this to the Kajiit over there, and this one give to that Orc." As she walked away, Levi turned back to the two Nords at his table. "Would either of you fancy a hike to Winterhold?"

OOC: If we'd like to continue then you should all join me in the "To Winterhold" private thread. Stic has the first post already up, and it fits well with where this is going so far.

Fayne, you can assume the note that my character wrote to yours simply states: "Meet me at the Riften Stables."

Catweazle, the next post can be yours, since your character has yet to accept my character's invitation. We'll be starting in Riften Stables.

I don't know what happened to Scribe, but he/she is welcome to join too if she/he returns.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts