• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
    Bruynzeel takes the offered blade. Feels its heft, looks closely at its edge. "It is a shame, If you wish sometime I can reforge your blade to close too mine, but I fear its not been folded enough." While saying so he makes a couple of masterful swings in the air to listen to its slice. "The weight is too much in the handle but a fair imitation. Those crafted like mine are all but lost to time."

As they exchange back swords, "My information on the strength inside varies depending on shipping schedules, right now there is a slow down. So maybe five roaming guards, and a few workers. I watched the changing of shift and dinner breaks. While waiting." Bruynzeel turns to take in the rest of the group.

Bruynzeel also takes time to notice that the Ka Po'Tun M'kassh didn't mention how old that would make him. Heavily populated by his own kind and the Tang Mo. One or two Taesci, and none of the unspeakable race. "Forgive me, but who leads, and who do I follow orders from?" Still scanning the group he hears a few notes of music from the box in his head as his eyes cross a monkish Ka Po'Tun. His demeanor spoke like Bruynzeels the calm of age. The Taesci female practically radiated pent rage and distain, A few young Tang Mo, one closely guarded by a shivering, bodyguard would be the only way to describe him. Why would the very young be sent on such a dangerous part of a invasion?

Most of the rest seemed fairly common in a advanced force. The old Tang Mo just catching up to the group using a magical staff thinly disguised as a walking crutch. He has a whimsy about him, and power.

This should be interesting at least.

Skyrimosity

M'Kassh looked around after Bruynzeel asked that question. Truly, there had been no designated power outside of the captain of the ship. They were all expected to follower their orders accurate and to the point without need of orders on the frontlines. Indeed, it would be radical supporters like M'Kassh who would keep up morale during the fighting and not some disposable worthless captain. "Bruynzeel, I do not believe we have a leader actually. I think that you should lead us into the warehouse seeing how you know more about it than any of us. We must begin to make haste, we mustn't let the rising sun reveal our locations to more guardsmen."

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
    "Agreed, But one exception. We are gonna need a watch outside. Someone fast and someone hopefully who can pass as a local." looks over the group again. His thoughts wandering to tactics of the group in front of him he could see a few who carried themselves as veterans, and those that carried confidence but also independence of solo fighters. And a few with outright fear. "But that can be posted as soon as we are secured inside. I would be willing to take a few inside but the greater force should stay hidden behind those hills" Point back behind the troops.

"Then we can signal them and they can occupy the warehouse and docks." Turns back to M'Kassh. "Leadership happens, its usually thrust upon those unwilling but able to lead. And making decisions seems easy for you."

Lets that sink in, then continues "There is rumor of a master map in the docks office. Could be useful in describing the ground we need to take and cover." breaths deeply "We are gonna have to make a great effort to subdue key areas of Skyrim. We will need a good plan and be able to adapt quickly." pauses and looks around slightly puzzled he thought that from this vantage up the coast to see at least one sail of their fleet. "How far back is the fleet? How long is this group to hold the docks until reinforced?"

His Ka Po'Tun fangs finally being able to be bared without fear of question. He grins at M'Kassh "I have to say though it is good to see a fellow from the homeland." His skill in hiding as a khajiit hadn't always been so strong. Most just had to get used to him enough not to notice the small differences. He had to learn to mix their walking and language traits to his own so as to look better travelled but still comfortable to strangers. But here in a large assemblage of his fellow country men he could relax and walk as he had.

He even felt himself relish in being able to bring honor back into his mannerisms, those samurai traits he so missed about this continent. It had it beauty, but the honor was too brutish. No one respected skill like the monks and samurai of his land.

Then he steps toward the group "Ok give me a few volunteers for the warehouse. I assume you wanna come?" over his shoulder at M'Kassh with a grin.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    The Ka Po'Tun that had dispatched the guards and a random Argonian had been talking to M'Kassh for a while now. The one known as Bruynzeel turned to the others and asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to go and take the warehouse. Scares-The-Stars looked about herself and then stepped forward raising her Shuqli armored hand into the air.

"I'll volunteer." She said it loudly, but she didn't shout. She didn't need to because her voice carried. She didn't smile, but still continued to offer any that looked upon her face the scowl that often befell her plump mouth.

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
    Bruynzeel looks closely at the armor and arms of the Tsaesci female. "Excuse me, is that Shuqli metals. Their sheen is unique. You must be stronger than you appear, they have to be fairly weighty. I am a bit curious as I have never seen it worked. Did you do your own smithing?"

Steps closer "I am Bruynzeel, I would be honored to learn from you." And bows, but keeps his eyes up as her demeanor since arriving has been one of readiness.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Scares-The-Stars nodded to the man in response to his question and almost grinned as he admired her armor. She watched her hand fall as she looked at the armor that covered it. The tint of green looking black in the night's absence of light.

"Yes it is, and yes I do. I do not use or wear anything that has been made by other hands." He bowed to her but kept his eyes up and she responded with holding out her hand to the man.

"Perhaps I can teach you in the future. It is harder to work than most metals I must warn you though." Her tone was lighter as she tried for a joking manner. At least this man knows how to appreciate good work when he sees it, she thought to herself.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Takes her hand and rises, gives it a polite and respectful kiss then releases it. "I have heard that... I am patient and have lots of time to perfect your lessons. Which I am looking forward to. I too wear nothing but my own work."

Admires the softening of her face. He grins in response. "So miss, enchanting as it is not knowing the name of a fair maiden. What are you called? Something heavenly I am sure."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    "My name is Scares-The-Stars," Her eyes glittered for a moment, "it is not heavenly in the least bit, and I have no need for your flattery Bruynzeel." She let her hand fall back against her side comfortably and examined the man as she paused in her speech, her tail curling and uncurling again as it had done numerous times that night.

"But thank you." She added a little awkwardly. She was not used to being even remotely kind to others, but Bruynzeel had done nothing to her and only given her the respect she thought she deserved.

"So shall you tell me the lay-out of this warehouse, or shall I find it out while my axe is slicing through bones?" She asked this in a normal tone, minus most of the malice that her voice was usually dripping with. Perhaps she could befriend this Ka Po'Tun, but then again, she had never been good at making friends...

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    "Scares the Stars" says it slow, obviously memorizing it. "Nothing wrong with a few healthy if accurate compliments." Bruynzeel chuckle purrs, admiring the curve of her tail. Then abruptly pulls his pack around front "Sure, I think I have a map around here somewhere..." Fumbles through his pack pulls out a ornately carved wooden tube with silver accents. Pulls the top off of it and pulls a heavy sheath of parchments from it.

Gets down on his knees and start to thumb through them. They are the layouts of just about every major town and stronghold of the thalmor, the empire, and the stormcloaks. "Ah here it is." lays a couple of stones in the corners and places it so it coincides with the opening for ships in their perspective.

"This is the main gate, the little side door for staff... it can house up to 12 ships at a time. their crews, and the bevy of guards and dock workers. the docks and warehousing is scattered around the edges. with two patrolling guards here." marks a line with his fingertip. in the south eastern edge near the opening.."One here" marks a path along the rear wall. "And two over here." marks the northern warehouse area. "There should be a shop steward in this office as well as a map of their trade routes."

As he is pointing this out, some of the group has stepped closer to get a better look as well.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Scares-The-Stars watched him as he watched her tail curl and uncurl. Uncomfortable she stopped the action and cleared her throat which made him pull his pack around to the front of him rather abruptly. His voice was silky, the kind of voice that is used to charm people, and she crouched as he kneeled onto the cold, snow covered ground. He thumbed through the many maps of Skyrim and found the one he was looking for and then smoothed it out before them.

He explained while pointing out the many guards and where they would be posted. He mentioned that there would be a variety of dockworkers in the area. Many of the soldiers around them came closer as he was explaining all this, but Stars didn't mind. She was actually excited to be so close to a battle. Her muscles ached to swing her heavy axe and to feel the recoil as it connected with the flesh and bones of those that were either away or unaware. Most of the time they were aware though. For a little while at least.

"Who else will be accompanying me?"

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ty-ran looked towards Scares the Stars and listened carefully to what was being said.
    " She doen't deserve to do anything, uugh she's so uptight and arrogent!" Ty-ran thought to herself getting tired of hanging around as she wanted to rest and fall asleep. Ty-ran was still deperate to proof that she wasn't just a silly orphan girl wanting to explore. So before anyone answered to Stars question of who will be accompaning her Ty-ran thought of something to say and finally said it.
    " I'll go with Stars I want to. Please?" Ty-ran said with great convidence to start off with but, beginning to trail off near the end into a small murmur.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Sizes up the small in stature and quavering heart of the young Tang-Mo "Hello, Little One. Bit unsure of yourself, but if your willing to face whats next, your welcome to follow along. Just either stay near me or one of the other strong warriors." He said as delicately and calmly as the zen that was his way. A little good with the bad. Yin and Yang. Sometimes he could be rough but he was always honest.

She would either step up and begin to be more confident. Or would learn that combat has no pity for the unsure. Bruynzeel just hoped she survived that lesson when it was taught.

His mind wanders back to some of the other lessons he had witnessed, mourning those lost too early. His thoughts of how fleeting the rest of Nirns life was made him sad and wish for release from his long walk among them. But his honor bade him that it must be taken not given. And he couldn't lay off and take a willing blow, no he was sure it would have to be a fight honestly lost.

Skyrimosity

M'Kassh had been silently lost in thought for a moment. Me? A leader? I'm not sure I ever could. I've never been one to really give directions or anything. Perhaps one day... He was knocked out of his daze by the Tsaesci, Scares-the-Stares, asking who else would come. He then saw Bruynzeel and a Tang Mo begin to bicker a bit. "Of course I'd like to go. But its all the same to you two, I rather at least get to the warehouse before we start killing people." M'Kassh positioned himself in such a way to intervene should the Tang Mo and Bruynzeel... or perhaps even Scares-The-Stars, start fighting.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Scares-The-Stars looked down at the small girl she had spoken with earlier. Determined little bugger, she thought to herself with a silent chuckle. Bruynzeel was kind to her, telling her exactly what Stars had told her earlier just in a simpler, more kind tone. M'Kassh interjected himself between the Tang Mo girl and Bruynzeel as he said that he would join Stars in taking the warehouse.

"I agree, let us not fester on lessons." She said and then added while glancing down at the girl, "Some lessons just must be learned the hard way for some people." The snow was still falling, and the air was quiet around them spare the harsh breathing of some of the soldiers. The crunch of snow could be heard under the boots of those that were stamping for warmth and quietly Stars permitted herself to wonder what had happened to the old Tang Mo that had scolded her earlier for how she interacted with Ty-ran. The wonder was quickly extinguished and replaced with the sounds of quiet battle that was yet to come.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Bruynzeel admires the thought of lessons to be learned. She echoed his own thoughts. He had lots of apprentices in the past and was not sure he wanted any others. As he was fairly certain most of his time would be in helping determine the most strategic targets and giving his opinions on tactics. Having resided in Tamriel for these many years assured his knowledge of its workings would be required a lot.

He brings his thoughts back to the task at hand and starts counting how many he would be willing to take the warehouse with. "No more than seven including myself should be enough to take the warehouse without us getting into each others way. Perhaps the remaining force being large enough should assault Solitude and hold the docks. As I fear that if we just take the warehouse that even though it is defensible, it also is a corner I don't wish to be backed into."

Looks over at the docks. Four ships at dock. "We should use those to cordon off the harbor til the fleet arrives." shuffles back through his maps and pulls a up to date map of Solitude out and spreads it next to the one for the docks and warehouse. "This lighthouse should be taken too so that it can't signal the approach of our fleet. Since it only has a family of non-combatants that would be easy to take."

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ty-ran stepped forward nervously bowing her head as she had lost her confidence once more and she was now the young orphan girl about to ask a silly question which would definatly cause Stars to make a horrible remark and probably force Ty-ran to stay.
    " Erm... how...many people will I have to... kill?" Ty-ran asked knowing how stupid she sounded and began to think of something to say so she didn't sound completely stupid.
    " Oh and when do we... er go?" Ty-ran said still trying to avoid any eye contact with anyone especially Stars.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Stars listened to Bruynzeel with glee, she certainly thought that he had the strategy of this assault down. She was enjoying listening to him until Ty-ran piped up with a stutter asking how many people she would have to kill. Stars glanced down at the girl as she added a question about when they would be off. It was easy to see that the girl was avoiding Stars with the way the girl held her head down. She wasn't confident, and Stars still believed that she would cause problems in the near future, but Stars ignored her. She was too excited with the buzz of oncoming battle. Not even this inexperienced girl would dampen her spirit right now.

She was itching for the assault to begin, but she knew she would have to wait for the others to announce themselves. After all, she did need some others to come with her. Stars would just never admit it out-loud.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Nnaga-Om cowered behind a random soldier, a Ka Po' Tun with a dart sticking out of his neck. The vampire was hiding behind this immobilized warrior, hoping to avoid being picked on for the attack. He watched carefully as the newcomer, a rather annoying Ka Po' Tun, tool charge, asking for anyone who wished to join him in the warehouse. Nnaga-Om gave a contented sigh, but still kept hidden, just in case "volunteers" actually meant "forced suicide victims".

Soon enough, a small group of volunteers had formed; the nagging snake-woman, the annoying newcomer, the horribly ugly boss-type Ka Po' Tun and the small, scared little girl. "Next thing you know that upstanding little bodyguard and his stupid liege'll sign up, too.", mumbled Nnaga-Om. He scanned the group and a thought came to him; Wait... if they succeed, then this "Empire" of Tamriel will surely crumble... then, the damned monarchs'll take over! It'll be as bad as Akavir! Why didn't this come to me sooner? "I must sabotage this mission!", he said rather loudly. "I mean, I must... cab... a... stash this mission! Yes, I shall cabastache it!", corrected Nnaga-Om. Luckily, only the paralyzed soldier heard any of what the Tang Mo said, and he'd be drowning in some river or another soon enough.

Nnaga-Om made his way to the front of the army, hoping to join up before two more do-gooders decided to volunteer. He pushed the taller Tsaesci and Ka Po' Tun to the ground and actually leaped over any of the smaller Tang Mo in his path. Luckily for him, none of the other soldiers appeared to eager to join the first attack against unknown enemies. Soon enough, he reached the front, panting. After taking a second to catch his breath, a second which he falsely believed drew all focus unto him, he spoke, saying, "I'd like to join you. I'm an experienced user of various weapons, including this baby." At this, he grabbed the dart gun hanging around his neck and twirled it about.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Admires the blow gun and the inventive and eagerness of the Tang Mo, but gets a bad vibe about his intentions. I will have to keep an eye on him as well. "Well then welcome to the group... I am Bruynzeel. You are?"

"Everyone that is interested get a good look at the maps and the plan?" hearing no argument against he picks up the two maps and rolls them up with the others and replaces all of them back into their case. And then returns the case to his pack.

Standing he looks around thinking such a uneager crowd he would have imagined a expeditionary force in charge of taking and securing a foothold would be full of gung-ho types and yet here he was looking for a few more people just to take the warehouse.

So he asks "Any more volunteers before I start picking a few of you to join any way?" He hopes a mage and another stealthy fighter and a strong walking wall type warrior will chime in.

Skyrimosity

M'Kassh had really been doing more thinking about everything going on, about all his comrades and fellow soldiers who he will be risking his life for. He became rather disappointed with the thrown together rabble he was supposed to risk his life and everything he had for. Very few of them seemed like professional soldiers. Then the Ka'Po'Tun, Bruynzeel his name was, asked for more volunteers.

"Ah, of course I will go my friend! My Katana thirsts for the blood of the infidels. Bruynzeel, please pick others to join us! They don't seem to be much for volunteering! Pick a few and let us be off. The sun is beginning to rise as we speak. Time is of the essence."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts