• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
You cannot join the Thalmor but it would be an Altmer(high elf) mage/ battlemage

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Your best bet is an Altmer. Now, obtaining the clothes that the Altmer wear can be a bit tricky as they wander the roads of Skyrim randomly. Or, you can do the Main Quest and obtain a set there.

Varien

Throne of Crows
~Minor Spoiler/Hint~

To obtain Thalmor robes at the very beginning of the game, you can run down the path after you leave the cave from Helgen and head to your left as you get lower down. It is hard to explain but you will find it soon enough. It is just left of the Bandit camp there. You run up some stairs and there is a Talos Alter with some slaughtered worshippers, near the edge of that cliff is a dead Thalmor.

Harperlarp

Don't forget to be a complete arsehole, wouldn't be Thalmor without that trait. damn Thalmor giving high elves a bad name.

Adam Warlock

A Thalmor character will likely want to get some elven or glass armor if not a mage.
Written material found in the game indicates Thalmor agents are using the civil conflict to further their own ends so I don`t think they would join the Civil War unless on the side of the Empire.
Finding and killing Talos worshippers seems to be what they like best.
As an Altmer revolutionary in a covert war against the Dominion , I hope I run into you on some deserted path one day.

Adam Warlock

Being so racist , a fully Thalmor character has few marriage choices aside from the Altmer woman who works in the clothing shop in Solitude.

Adam Warlock

Being so racist , a fully Thalmor character has few marriage choices aside from the Altmer woman who works in the clothing shop in Solitude.
Solitude probably a good place for a Thalmor to hang around.
The Embassy and Thalmor-controlled Northwatch Keep are both nearby.
If you look between Castle Dour and the Temple of the Divines , you`ll find a secret Thalmor Headquarters you can use as a base of operations.
It will be most difficult to stay in character during the Diplomatic Immunity quest unless you are so damn Thalmorish you`re willing to kill your own compatriots to further the Dragonborn`s agenda.

Aringoth

For anyone that hasnt completed the Dark Brotherhood missions SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I too wanted to create a high elf so I thought a lot about how to have it make sense and this is what I came up with. You are an Aldmeri agent secretly sent to Skyrim to weaken the empire. Your mission is unknown to the other Aldmeri agents as it success is dependent upon complete secrecy. You must do whatever necessary to succeed in this task even if it means killing Aldmeri, nothing can get in your way! So long story short you obviously join the Stormcloak rebellion to defeat the Empire. In addition, upon infiltrating the Dark Brotherhood, you receive a contract to assassinate the Emperor which throws the Empire into chaos before the Stormcloaks make their final push on Solitude to drive the Empire out of Skyrim and thus significantly reducing its power. I came up with other points to this storyline, but these are the main points. Let me know what you think

Rimfaxe96

Solitude probably a good place for a Thalmor to hang around.

There's a hint in the game that pretty much tells you that Thalmor presence is strong in Solitude; adopted children, girls to be specific, will sometimes say "I saw a Thalmor the other day. He was really scary!". It's the first thing my adopted daughter said to me, lol.

Alternatively if you're getting bored with Solitude though you can check out Markarth and do Ondolemar's quest to get evidence for some guy there being a Talos worshipper. He'll even be friendly to you after you finish this quest.

AS88

Staff member
The Thalmor don't want the Civil War to end, as it weakens both the Empire and Stormcloaks, furthering the Thalmor's goals without actually doing a great deal. Also, it's likely that they'd prefer the current Emperor to remain, as he was the one who agreed to the White Gold Concordat. The Thalmor need longer to recover from the Great War, as the mostly-human Empire can regenerate itself much quicker, and a new Emperor may have a more aggressive view on how to approach the Thalmor threat.

It's pretty hard to RP a Thalmor, as there aren't a great deal of quests for you. However, if you align yourself with the Thalmor goals insofar as tracking down Talos worship, that's simple enough to do. You could also wipe out travelling soldiers or secure well placed camps, etc.

Rimfaxe96

Another possible questline for you would be the Thieves Guild in Rifton to a certain degree; until you get to the quest "Summerset Shadows". Altmer thieves who fled from Alinor? It's not that they'll be missed, but dead dissidents are still better than live ones.
Go nuts. (;

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
~Minor Spoiler/Hint~

To obtain Thalmor robes at the very beginning of the game, you can run down the path after you leave the cave from Helgen and head to your left as you get lower down. It is hard to explain but you will find it soon enough. It is just left of the Bandit camp there. You run up some stairs and there is a Talos Alter with some slaughtered worshippers, near the edge of that cliff is a dead Thalmor.
Another option is to go to Falkreath and pass through to the road on the other side. There is always a group of Thalmor there so I can get elven armor and/or the robes almost immediately (or course you have to kill them)... maybe the altar is a better idea. Just be sure, when you're running down to look for the path that heads off to the right up a steep hill - it will go slightly backwards.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
You cannot join the Thalmor but it would be an Altmer(high elf) mage/ battlemage
Actually I Have a mod that allows you to join the Thalmor but you need a PC to do it,
It puts you in the Thalmor faction, You get 2 Thalmor Followers, You get the Keys the Embassy and Thalmor soldiers are no longer are rude to you, When I wen't to delphine and she said she stole the horn too make Sre I was not a thalmor spy, she was wrong I am thalmor

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts