TESO Subscription Fee Confirmed

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
a better idear is to get the beyond skyrim mod which adds all the provinces to skyrim remade with npcs and everything and it wont cost a thing and I heard there is a mod that lets you play skyrim online, that will surley drop the sales of Online until they decide to make it free
Personally Online has more oblivion like Controls and physics by the look of it and the graphics are actually not as good as skyrims by what I have seen of it on youtube, it looks to colourful and cartoony but I would have still played it but now.....GROWLL!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

jarif

Okay I'l give my opinion. When you talk about the Elder Scrolls Online, there is a two sides; the MMO players and the Elder scrolls players. Now the people who are the MMO players will probably ''okay'' with this regardless of their knowledge of the Elder Scrolls franchise but I guarantee that most of the people wanting to play this are a Elderscrolls fan and they such fans that they are willing to jump into a genre, and you might be thinking...

*derp voice*
''Well the Elderscrolls has a huge fan base it does not matter and plus they are able to implement updates ect ect including getting rid of the trolls.'''

That might true but the people coming here are TES fans and they want to play a TES game with their friends or just plain solo/single player not a MMO, its not like Xbox 360 were its okay to pay for online but its rather Xbox One all over again.

People just want to play a TES game and enjoy it, like I said the majority people coming here will be TES fans and not MMO players who have played WOW playing a subcription fee. There are new fans every year and now you would be disappointing them especially if they are new to the MMO genre.

Look how STWOR ended up (Star wars the old republic) it failed eventually because of the subcription fee. Do you know how many poor people or people who have decent jovs who can afford this? Especially if their a teenager (teenagers still payed for WOW but like I said those were MMO players, people coming into this will probably be TES fans again). You will disappoint the teenager age group especially if they were looking foward to PLAY with THEIR FRIENDS. (Which you could of have made money of)

They should treat it like a TES game not a MMO like Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind ect ect. People just want to enjoy this, like sitting on their couch and play a TES game which every month a subscription fee pops up, *sigh, lazy mode activate*. I don't care if they can make updates I just want to play a TES game and this is a VERY VERY risky move and you will likely to loose fans which you could potentially make MONEY of and potentially make NEW fans to make MONEY OF.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The game really didn't really look as good as I expected in the first gameplay videos and this fee honestly made me decide to not buy this game.
they say it has all of tamriel, what about solstheim or castle volkihar, they are in skyrim, you wont be able to enter every tomb because some things you would not be able to explain like say you decided to have a little trip to sarthaal where the eye of magnus is, you would not be able to scale the throat of the world or you would discover a dragon named paarthunax, where is Lord harkon during this time anyway? you would not be able to go to the forgotten vale or you would discover a live snow elf, odds are the map is only about 60% or so of the size you think it is, a game of skyrim with Dragonborn and mods like falksaar, wyrmstooth and several other enhancement mods would have a larger total map area than online, care to argue

NachyoChez

Honestly, I think the sub fee was a good call. As long as they can roll the content out like they're promising, it'll be well worth the price. As much as I hate paying more money for anything, I agree with Mr. Firror; it makes the most sense for the series.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Dibella

I work only a few days a week and can't find a second job right now, so paying a subscription fee would be out of the question for me. This really sucks because I was hoping to save up some money for the game itself.

NachyoChez

The sub fee will be cheaper if you can buy it in larger packs in one go, so saving up certainly benefits. Also, if there's a month or two you decide not to pay your progress is not lost; merely delayed until you return. I've played plenty of sub based MMOs, including those created by some of the staff on this one, and I've no doubts it'll be worth the money. I'm just sad that some people might not be able to join in.

Dibella

Unfortunately, I make a little less than $200 a month and my bills add up to about $150. Then you factor in food, living expenses (luckily I live with my family but I still have to pay for quite a few things), etc. It all adds up to "no TESO for me". Hopefully this holiday season will be kind to me in terms of hours at work and I can put some money aside. I'm not even sure if my PC will run it yet.

NachyoChez

Unfortunate indeed :sadface:
The platform (I don't say computer because consoles are such a great option for this title) might actually need to be the higher priority- the Alliance vs. Alliance combat will have SO much going on that it'll be difficult to enjoy the experience without a solid machine.

While you might not think that mode interests you, the best content will be located in those zones so you're likely to be involved with it at some point.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You know what really made me mad? The fact that large amounts of the map are actually being blocked off "for future DLC". They are not even trying to hide the fact that they want to take all of our money. What happened to DLCs being actual new content and not a missing part of the original game?
Nothing happened. What you define as the "original" game is meaningless. Zenimax made it clear from very early on that the game wouldn't open up all parts of Tamriel for players. It's a very intelligent and understandable plan to reserve areas for expansion packs because you need new areas to explore in any meaningful MMORPG expansion packs (that's why they're called expansion packs and not simply DLC) or it's simply not worth buying them. The Elder Scrolls Online takes place in Tamriel and it's not as if TESO can expand out to Akavir, Aldmeris or Thras because there's already a well established lore history of what went on in the Second Era and Bethesda isn't eager to seriously mess up one of the most important aspects of the game series for its core base by expanding the war out to other contents as that would be implausible and destructive to the lore of the games.

BlueTiger

The game really didn't really look as good as I expected in the first gameplay videos and this fee honestly made me decide to not buy this game.

The game looks amazing! What is it you don't like the look of?

As for the fee, I think it's reasonable. It's not that much dearer than other MMORPG's like WOW etc...It might be costly for some people, but I think it's worth it for a game like this.

Bosmeri-foxling

The fee...it's reasonable. And considering that the elder scrolls games all have an 18+ rating on them anyway, I don't quite think they're going to be aiming for teenagers to be the ones that pay for the sub...

It may well go down like SWTOR. I don't know how many of you have played SWTOR, but a lot of the game, I can play by myself, and often, the launcher doesn't seem to work. Every patch update seems to break the game. Other than the fact that the storylines are pretty good, that's really about it as far as SWTOR goes. A lot of the side quests (Or sometimes main quests) are retrieve six of these and hand them to another player. That's why I don't like playing MMO's sometimes, and why I've struggled with Perfect World, Rift...etc etc. From what I've heard about ESO it doesn't seem to be like that, but then, I haven't played beta yet. And I'm a bit hesitant to pay out a large amount for the actual game disk, let alone sub fees, on something that may not be so great.

I don't mean to be mean with the last bit of this, but nobody owes it to you to make a free game. Sadly, that's the way the world works, and the people at Zenimax/Betheseda require money to buy food, pay rent, and pay the electricity bill like us all. The question of whether the sub fee is worth it or not can't be answered until the game is released. If they release content as they're promising, and it's as good as everyone claims it to be, then perphaps it will be worrth it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts