• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
It's not the Pre-order bonus, it's the Deluxe/Special Edition Bonus.

The Pre-Order bonus named the Explorer's Pack, allows you to play any Race, in any Alliance.

The Imperial Deluxe Edition will probably be able to be purchased digitally for a very long time, if it ever stops; I'm thinking along the lines of Rift's Collectors Edition being made into the Digital Deluxe.

And yes, I will be buying the Physical Deluxe Edition and so gonna have a nerdgasm for that statue.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Thanks for correcting politely. Still seems interesting to me. I do want that awesome statue. I think that Explorer pack is interesting. Cause it fits TES though it almost defeats the purpose of factions.

Still I wonder how this will effect sales.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Thanks for correcting politely. Still seems interesting to me. I do want that awesome statue. I think that Explorer pack is interesting. Cause it fits TES though it almost defeats the purpose of factions.

Still I wonder how this will effect sales.

I think those already interested in buying it, will probably be the only ones a year down the road, able to play an Altmer in the Ebonheart or in the like.

The sales of the Imperial Deluxe is what I'm more interested in, because to have them barred off in a game, frustrated me from the beginning, not all Imperials live in Cyrodiil, and not all of them support the Empire, so on that keynote I'd like to see them in game; but to shell out 80 to 100 bucks may divert people.

Eager eyes staring patiently :)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I wonder what bonus the rings of Mara give. Cause out of the entire pack, those seem like the ones that could have the biggest impact on gameplay. Mounts are cool, and so are cosmetic pets. But the rings seem odd.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
I wonder what bonus the rings of Mara give. Cause out of the entire pack, those seem like the ones that could have the biggest impact on gameplay. Mounts are cool, and so are cosmetic pets. But the rings seem odd.

The whole Ritual part with a Friend makes me curious, is it a permanent XP Bonus when you two are grouped, or just while the Ritual lasts? Curious indeed!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I don't know if you guys are familiar with ShoddyCast. Here is a video he made on the subject. It starts at 15:40.

Basically, you need to buy this special deluxe edition in order to play as an Imperial AND to join the faction you want to join. This is something you can only get by buying this edition. This can not be obtained or accomplished throughout the game itself.

Deloix

is semi-active
I'm right now looking it at this way - in that if the game succeeds and these become limited then a profit may be made of them, and if not I know I love a good art book!

Hasn't it been confirmed though that the race will be unlock-able at a later date within the game? I believe I saw it on the Shoddycast video comments this morning. If so, any advantages become balanced but not completely devalued, if I'm not mistaken. From a marketing stand-point, I do honestly belief they are milking people before the payment model fails!

Personally, if I wasn't struggling to even save for a PS4 right now I'd hop right in :') Though I think the information given to the fans needs polishing.

AS88

Staff member

The whole Ritual part with a Friend makes me curious, is it a permanent XP Bonus when you two are grouped, or just while the Ritual lasts? Curious indeed!

I think it's the former. Shoddycast described it like a player civil partnership, pretty much :p

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Giggity. So... AS88 I got this ring of Mara... and your profile pic is looking pretty fly...

Ahahaha, definitely implying to order these additions with a buddy in mind. which is pretty smart cause it could increase the audience initially as well as ensure people are gonna get it will bring friends.

And thank you Anouck for the video. Much love <3

AS88

Staff member
Giggity. So... AS88 I got this ring of Mara... and your profile pic is looking pretty fly...

Ahahaha, definitely implying to order these additions with a buddy in mind. which is pretty smart cause it could increase the audience initially as well as ensure people are gonna get it will bring friends.

And thank you Anouck for the video. Much love <3

;) ;) hahahaha

I agree, though. I also think it's partly to do with bringing single-player TES fans together and introduce them to playing with others, with a benefit to levelling to go with it as encouragement.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Probably. They want to get as many dedicated TES fans as possible and this is a good first step.

What would be relatively revolutionary and help cement this as 1. A top rate MMO and 2. A faithful TES game. Will be somehow implementing modding as well. Even if it is as superficial as "re-skining your character."

I say this cause LOTRO had this concept of "Visual items" and then gear you were actually wearing and getting stats from.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I prefer the digital edition over the physical one. Having a white war Horse and a Mudcrab pet is epic. Being an Imperial and any faction feature isn't all too impressive. Though I would still long for the statue of Molag Bal and the Emperor's guide to Tamriel :D. Ofc, I can't purchase both. Though I am not really planning to purchase either of them.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
The entire point of monthly subscription, is that the developer has a steady income to work and keep working on the game. If it is a free-to-play game, they make paywalls so you have to pay for the created content in order to compensate for not paying every month.
I think the point people are missing, is that this is not just a 'oh we just do this now and then never again' thing. It is a good indication of how Zenimax is planning to rule their business. If they are already coming up with things like this, it means they can do this in the future too. Apparently they think it's cool to make you pay for content on top of your monthly subscription. That means they are going to use that for more things than the ability to join all factions and a race.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts