• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KattSand

Premium Member
How did you get Serana in a house? Can she be married?
No, it because I used a multiple follower glitch, first you bring your follower of choice, in my case Teldryn, to where Serana is, I joined the dawnguard so she's at fort dawnguard for me, then I place my follower really close to Serana, dismiss him and quickly back out of the conversation, and then quickly talk to him again and re-hire him, quickly back out of the conversation again and talk to Serana and ask her to follow me, if this is done fast enough, you will have both a follower and Serana with you.

This can also be done with the dark brotherhood initiates and Cicero (all 3 of them can be made your follower at the same time), making it possible to have a total of 5 followers.

Saozig

Hippy
And here we have Teldryn and Serana showing us the latest fashion, Skaal coats for those cold days and nights in Skyrim. Too bad I can't get a better quality shot, but this will do :) Teldryn turned out to be a really good follower, very versatile when it comes to battle.
Where do you get Skaal coats? I haven't really looked for them, but just curious. Did you have to pickpocket them and them reverse pickpocket them on Serana and Taldryn?

I've never wanted Marcurio as my steward before, for the same reasons, but since I've replaced him with Teldryn, I kind of wanted to keep Marcurio close and not just send him back to that bench at the bee and barb :D But if he's gonna be like that and not appreciate my offer, then I have no choice but to send him back there.
Yeah, what's up with that bench? Does he have some issue with Talen-Jei going on there? "Stay out of my customers' way, you pompous Imperial--just stick to that bench over there and eat your bread." At least where the other mercs hang out, they get a table!

I can't imagine going to fetch Marcurio from teh Bee and barb woudl be as bad as going to fetch Teldryn from the Retching Netch. But mercenaries--what are you going to do? It's the life they're chosen for themselves. :p

Maybe they'll come out with a patch to let you marry Teldryn. The only marriage candidate in Solsthiem so far is Morwen, in the Skall village, which I think is pretty bogus.

KattSand

Premium Member
Where do you get Skaal coats? I haven't really looked for them, but just curious. Did you have to pickpocket them and them reverse pickpocket them on Serana and Taldryn?

Yeah, what's up with that bench? Does he have some issue with Talen-Jei going on there? "Stay out of my customers' way, you pompous Imperial--just stick to that bench over there and eat your bread." At least where the other mercs hang out, they get a table!

I can't imagine going to fetch Marcurio from teh Bee and barb woudl be as bad as going to fetch Teldryn from the Retching Netch. But mercenaries--what are you going to do? It's the life they're chosen for themselves. :p

Maybe they'll come out with a patch to let you marry Teldryn. The only marriage candidate in Solsthiem so far is Morwen, in the Skall village, which I think is pretty bogus.

I ran in to some hunters in solstheim who happend to...die..so I looted them for the coats :D I haven't really used reverse pickpocket on, but something along the lines of that, I made a long post somewhere above in this thread explaining how.

Speaking of marrige, I can't wait to get my gaming PC in a few weeks, I'm gonna force marry half of skyrim and solstheim ;)

Saozig

Hippy
I ran in to some hunters in solstheim who happend to...die..

Hey, what happens in Solstheim, stays in Solstheim ;)

so I looted them for the coats :D I haven't really used reverse pickpocket on, but something along the lines of that, I made a long post somewhere above in this thread explaining how.

OK, yeah, I saw that.

Speaking of marrige, I can't wait to get my gaming PC in a few weeks, I'm gonna force marry half of skyrim and solstheim ;)

Cool for you![/quote][/quote]

Saozig

Hippy
OK, so I hired this dude. I don't know if I love him as much as everyone else, but he's a nice break from Marcurio. Having some issues with him keeping up with me though.

I have got to get him out of that chitin armor. He'll wear better armor, except for the helmet--he loves that chitin helmet. KattSand said to use a paralysis spell or staff for the spamming pickpocket glitch--well, my char has neither. I went to Neloth to see if I could buy/enchant a staff of paralysis there, but that's not one of the options. Can i use a Potion of Paralysis?

He's proving good in a fight. He kept an Ash Spawn Immolator busy while I fought an Elder Dragon, but I had finish the Immolator off with my Ebony Bow of Thunderbolts because he was using fire spells on it. Marcurio would have known better. ;)

Teldryn kept passive-aggressively suggesting we head to Skyrim, and so I decided to go pester the court mages there to see if any if them have a staff of paralysis (since this char's not a member of the College of Winterhold, although I may have to just go there and get it over with).

Anyhow...so Teldryn was itching to get back to Skyrim and we go, and what does he do the second we're off the boat? He tells me how he lived in the Gray Quarter for years and how the Dunmer there are just so bitter and negative and how that bums his vibe and all that, so let's not linger in Windhelm any longer that need be. Jeesh. :p

KattSand

Premium Member
OK, so I hired this dude. I don't know if I love him as much as everyone else, but he's a nice break from Marcurio. Having some issues with him keeping up with me though.

I have got to get him out of that chitin armor. He'll wear better armor, except for the helmet--he loves that chitin helmet. KattSand said to use a paralysis spell or staff for the spamming pickpocket glitch--well, my char has neither. I went to Neloth to see if I could buy/enchant a staff of paralysis there, but that's not one of the options. Can i use a Potion of Paralysis?

You could use the ice form shout (first word is enough) since that works like a paralyze spell, except the shout does deal some damage so it's best to take your follower out into the wild and dismiss him and then using the shout, if you wanna avoid being hunted down by angry town guards :D Or if you have the right perks, you could reverse pickpocket some paralyze potion on him. And yes, it's not easy getting him to wear another helmet, he will equpit an upgraded morag tong hood however, so it's possible to remove his chitin headgear.

Adam Warlock

Highpoint Tower (near the end) . There`s a skeleton on a stone arch and I found Skaal clothing nearby

Saozig

Hippy
So those hunters didn't need to die? Pity. Well, I'll be sure to pt their cloaks to good use. Kind of cool that they count as light armor.

OK, I can't get the spamming pickpocket to work. I paralyze him and spam until his inventory opens, but not until the paralysis spell is wearing off and all it shows is his Elven dagger. :sadface: Am I doing it wrong?

Nevermind--I got it to work. Forget a step in there. :D

Also he DID equip an enchanted, improved Ebony helmet without me removing the chitin helmet, but it took going through a load screen for me to see him actually wearing it.

Anyhow, I've got that blasted chitin helmet off him so, heheheheheh....ooo, I like his facepaint. Is that unique? I don't recall that pattern being an option when you create your char's face.

Saozig

Hippy
OK, I wasn't having any issues with freezing until I made Teldryn my follower. Have had three freezes since--one last night and two this morning. Not happy.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
At first I didn't dig his creepy little bug eyes but now I kind of want all of my followers to wear that helmet.

Docta Corvina

That's one thing I've loved MOST about having my PC version. :D ;) Gots my eye on Mr. Sero for that, for sure.

But yeah, just recruited him today and he's hysterical! And feisty! I love it! ...Think I'm a tad smitten. :oops:

Saozig

Hippy
Not sure I'd describe him as feisty so much as sarcastic, if not snotty and passive-aggressive. He bugged me about going back to Skyrim, and now he just criticizes every place we go (and freezes up my game). Him standing in Breezehome, trash talking Whiterun was a bit much. And his presence seems to make my Dunmer's hubby glitchy.

I'm going to drag him to the other towns and see what he says out of curiosity, then I'm letting him go back to Solstheim. Right now I'm going to the cities a lot and he just says the same negative thing over and over, even when I'm trying to talk to other people. It's getting old.

Plus, he gets caught up on every thing in his path and I have to wait for him to unstick himself, and that I can't use destruction spells with him because he gets in my way and then throws a hissy fit when I hit him are other points against him.

We just never found our rhythm together. Oh well.

Docta Corvina

Aww, that's unfortunate to hear - I'm having a blast with him. I think my Breton chick digs him. :p

My problem now is that I just can't seem to get him to shed the damn helmet, no matter what. I tried following what's written here, but no dice. I'm pissed.

KattSand

Premium Member
That's one thing I've loved MOST about having my PC version. :D ;) Gots my eye on Mr. Sero for that, for sure.

But yeah, just recruited him today and he's hysterical! And feisty! I love it! ...Think I'm a tad smitten. :oops:
Oh I have some many marrige candidates in mind, that I won't even know where to start :D I'm feelin' Teldryn, and I'm a bit surprised by that. I've been hanging with Marcurio with every character for so long, I've never felt the need to replace him, but I think it's time to move on, for now, with my upcoming PC I'll never have to choose again, I can have them all ;)

What's the deal with the characters that seem to have some (and let's not sugercoat here) attitude problems, I always find those to be the most interesting (looking at you Mercer). I guess I'm just a sucker for those hate the world because I'm so much better than everyone else, type of guys :D and Teldryn kind of fits that profile. And then there's Molag bal of course, I mean come on, this is the king of rape we're talking about, I should hate him, but I can't, because dat voice! When I hear him talk, I always talk back by saying stuff like "oh baby, you're so evil, so evil" in a very seductive voice, it's so wrong that it's right.

Docta Corvina

Oh I have some many marrige candidates in mind, that I won't even know where to start :D I'm feelin' Teldryn, and I'm a bit surprised by that. I've been hanging with Marcurio with every character for so long, I've never felt the need to replace him, but I think it's time to move on, for now, with my upcoming PC I'll never have to choose again, I can have them all ;)

What the deal with the characters that seem to have some (and let's not sugercoat here) attitude problems, I always find those to be the most interesting (looking at you Mercer). I guess I'm just a sucker for those hate the world because I'm so much better than everyone else, type of guys :D and Teldryn kind of fits that profile. And then there's Molag bal of course, I mean come on, this is the king of rape we're talking about, I should hate him, but I can't, because dat voice! When I hear him talk, I always talk back by saying stuff like "oh baby, you're so evil, so evil" in a very seductive voice, it's so wrong that it's right.

Haha, it appears our minds run along similar lines...I too have a thing for the more sarcastic, bitter and irritable types in this game. A touch of arrogance is fine, as long as it's warranted. It's one reason why I forgive Marcurio for his attitude, he's got the skills to back up that talk. :p Same thing for Teldryn and Mercer. Love them all. <3

And also, Molag Bal...UNF! <3 Dat voice indeed. It induces the need for cold showers after encountering him. Not gonna lie. :oops:

Btw, got any tips for someone who still can't seem to get the chitin helmet removed? It just won't go away. Actually, it won't appear in his inventory once I've paralyzed and pickpocketed him. It's so annoying. :mad:

KattSand

Premium Member
Haha, it appears our minds run along similar lines...I too have a thing for the more sarcastic, bitter and irritable types in this game. A touch of arrogance is fine, as long as it's warranted. It's one reason why I forgive Marcurio for his attitude, he's got the skills to back up that talk. :p Same thing for Teldryn and Mercer. Love them all. <3

And also, Molag Bal...UNF! <3 Dat voice indeed. It induces the need for cold showers after encountering him. Not gonna lie. :oops:

Btw, got any tips for someone who still can't seem to get the chitin helmet removed? It just won't go away. Actually, it won't appear in his inventory once I've paralyzed and pickpocketed him. It's so annoying. :mad:

Well it's nice to know that I'm not a complete freak then :D Ah, Teldryn and his damn helmet, the only way I got him to wear something else, was to give him an upgraded morag tong hood, and then while he was wearing that, I dismissed him and quickly paralyzed him and the chitin helmet finally showed up in he's inventory so now he wears no headgear, I just like to be able to see my followers face, why hide all the hotness?

Docta Corvina

Well it's nice to know that I'm not a complete freak then :D Ah, Teldryn and his damn helmet, the only way I got him to wear something else, was to give him an upgraded morag tong hood, and then while he was wearing that, I dismissed him and quickly paralyzed him and the chitin helmet finally showed up in he's inventory so now he wears no headgear, I just like to be able to see my followers face, why hide all the hotness?

Thanks, I'll try that shortly. :) If it doesn't work, I may have to go on a revenge rampage in whatever town we're in at the time.

I just wanna see the pretty. That's all. Wanna see the pretty that goes with that gorgeous voice. :oops:

KattSand

Premium Member
Thanks, I'll try that shortly. :) If it doesn't work, I may have to go on a revenge rampage in whatever town we're in at the time.

I just wanna see the pretty. That's all. Wanna see the pretty that goes with that gorgeous voice. :oops:
Any luck with the helmet? Oh Teldryn, I'm getting my fangirl swoon on :rolleyes: Marcurio's got some competition for sure, might be good for him though, maybe now he'll reconsider my offer regarding the position as steward at Lakeview manor, and not just avoid the topic altogether :D

Docta Corvina

Any luck with the helmet? Oh Teldryn, I'm getting my fangirl swoon on :rolleyes: Marcurio's got some competition for sure, might be good for him though, maybe now he'll reconsider my offer regarding the position as steward at Lakeview manor, and not just avoid the topic altogether :D

I'm working on getting the Morag Tong hood you mentioned. It seems like he's UBER picky about what he'll put on and it's frustrating - but strangely adorable. :p I should have it tonight and be able to try it. I'd upgraded helmets for him and no dice - so I'm hoping he finally obliges with this one. I mean, I have the PC version of the game so I in theory could wait til DB is released on it to use the console to do it. But, I'm impatient as hell. And fangirling him to death right now. :oops:

Man, Marcurio in my game wouldn't leave me alone about being my steward. :eek: I finally said okay, but I'm not sure he likes it so much. He always seems so bored when I check in on him haha.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts