• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

A fire-based Spellsword follower is much appreciated and I`m enjoying the new vocal clips , but is there some sort of trick in getting him to wear armor other than his own ?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I haven't tried giving him new armor. Let me check and let you know if he will take it.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Ah, sorry, I tried giving him armor too... he didn't equip it. Must be a bug, or maybe he won't equip gifted armor. Who knows, lol :D

zane

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's meant to be that way. His armor suits him very well. He also heals himself so I find no need to change his equipment other than his sword.

I gave him something cool, since he's fire based, I gave him a Stalhrim sword with double enchantment: Frost damage (for the extra bonus because it's stalhrim), and Chaos enchantment :D

He is also my favorite follower thus far =] - so hilarious xD - he'll even start sniffing random stuff (well not action wise, but talking wise)

Adam Warlock

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's meant to be that way. His armor suits him very well. He also heals himself so I find no need to change his equipment other than his sword.

I gave him something cool, since he's fire based, I gave him a Stalhrim sword with double enchantment: Frost damage (for the extra bonus because it's stalhrim), and Chaos enchantment :D

He is also my favorite follower thus far =] - so hilarious xD - he'll even start sniffing random stuff (well not action wise, but talking wise)
Yes , his voice was practically dripping with avarice when he saw Windstad Manor.
"didn`t know you were so wealthy" , he said.

KattSand

Premium Member
Actually you can get him, or any other follower, to wear whatever you want by following these simple steps:)

1: Get your hands on a full set of armor that you can upgrade (Must be upgraded so that the armor rating is higher than his default armor) also he seems to prefer light armor, I used the morag tong armor set to do this.

He should now equipt the new upgraded set but his default set still doesn't show up in his inventory, this is also the case with many other follower, but there is a way to remove it.

2: Get either the paralyze spell or a staff with that enchantment. Dismiss Teldryn (or whatever follower you have) and after that, hit him with the paralyze spell, while he is paralyzed, go into sneak mode and start spamming "pickpocket" until his inventory opens, now you should be able to pickpocket his default armor, you need no pickpocketing skills to do this, and even if it says that there is a 0% chance of pickpocketing the item, it doesn't matter since this is a glitch so you can take anything from his inventory without any repercussions (the items you take will be labled stolen though)

This way you'll have removed his default armor so he'll equipt ANYTHING you give him, even robes with no armor rating. This method also works with other followers, even essential ones.

Sometimes when you've done this, the follower might still go back to their default gear when you try to remove the armor you gave them, if that is the case there's a solution for that too. When you're doing step 2 and pickpocketing your follower, leave 1 piece of their default armor in the inventory, for exaple, I usually leave the boots or gauntlets, and take the rest.

After doing this, re-hire your follower and FIRST give them the armor or robes you want them to wear, THEN remove the first set of armor you gave them and they should now be wearing whatever you like them to wear.

KattSand

Premium Member
And speaking of Teldryn, I did take him to my house and his commentary is just priceless, I may have to replace Marcurio with this guy for a while now.

KattSand

Premium Member
Update on Teldryn's armor removal, I tried some stuff and realized that in order to remove his default hood, You have to give him an upgraded morag tong hood, that is the only thing he'll equipt when it comes to hoods, all his other pieces are easier since he'll wear any type of armor as long as it's better than his default one, but the hood needs to be a morag tong one for some reason, so if you wanna remove his equipment using the method posted above and can't get his hood, this is the reason why.

KattSand

Premium Member
I'm totally spamming this thread all by myself but whatever, I was just out doing some stuff with Teldryn and he says the best thing when in battle, we fought some dremoras outside dagon's shrine when Teldryn yelled "Sheogorath's madness take you!" It was just so appropriate :D

Adam Warlock

so is there a face under that hood ?

if not , i`m creeping out

but i guess you can see if he`s got a dunmer`s body at least

Saozig

Hippy
I should try him, although I will have to get him out of that chitin armor.

I dismissed Marcurio this evening, thinking he and I could use a break from one another, and got Talvas Fathryon, Neloth's apprentice, who seemed happy himself to take a break from Neloth.

Talvas does conjuration and destruction magic, and his main spells seem to be Conjure Flame Atronach and a pretty effective Ice Storm spell which you may need to be careful with because he has no qualms about casting that Ice Storm in your direction if you're between him and his target.

I like Talvas as a fighting companion--he's very effective although not as flashy as Marcurio. But he's very quiet. He has little to say about anything. Most of his audio files seem to be answers to the various questions you can as him about his apprenticeship with Neloth and not as a follower, which I find a little disappointing. Nonetheless he's pleasant enough (he's done by the same voice actor that does Onmund and Sigurd--I keep expecting him to quip "Come by Belethor's shop!") and I'm considering making him my Falkreath steward. He came with me to complete Morwen's favor and when we stopped at Lakeside Manor I was surprised he offered--I guess he really needs a break from Neloth!

But I was wondering if any of the other Solstheim followers like Teldryn Sero are available to be stewards? Anyone know?

KattSand

Premium Member
I should try him, although I will have to get him out of that chitin armor.

I dismissed Marcurio this evening, thinking he and I could use a break from one another, and got Talvas Fathryon, Neloth's apprentice, who seemed happy himself to take a break from Neloth.

Talvas does conjuration and destruction magic, and his main spells seem to be Conjure Flame Atronach and a pretty effective Ice Storm spell which you may need to be careful with because he has no qualms about casting that Ice Storm in your direction if you're between him and his target.

I like Talvas as a fighting companion--he's very effective although not as flashy as Marcurio. But he's very quiet. He has little to say about anything. Most of his audio files seem to be answers to the various questions you can as him about his apprenticeship with Neloth and not as a follower, which I find a little disappointing. Nonetheless he's pleasant enough (he's done by the same voice actor that does Onmund and Sigurd--I keep expecting him to quip "Come by Belethor's shop!") and I'm considering making him my Falkreath steward. He came with me to complete Morwen's favor and when we stopped at Lakeside Manor I was surprised he offered--I guess he really needs a break from Neloth!

But I was wondering if any of the other Solstheim followers like Teldryn Sero are available to be stewards? Anyone know?

I don't think Teldryn is available for that, we did go to my house but he never offered, he just made a comment about me being rich :D He does talk quite a lot so if you're like me who enjoys a follower like that, he's a good choice. He's not as talkative as Marcurio, but definitely not as silent as most followers.
He also says some funny s*** when in battle, like "Molag bal curse you!" and "Sheogorath's madness take you!" so that's refreshing.

Saozig

Hippy
Yes there's a face under the hood :D A very cool one if I may say so.

And someone spent time designing that face too. Pity you hav to trick the game to see it.

I don't think Teldryn is available for that, we did go to my house but he never offered, he just made a comment about me being rich :D He does talk quite a lot so if you're like me who enjoys a follower like that, he's a good choice. He's not as talkative as Marcurio, but definitely not as silent as most followers.
He also says some funny s*** when in battle, like "Molag bal curse you!" and "Sheogorath's madness take you!" so that's refreshing.

Pity. It would have been kind of funnny to have a steward that was decked out in Morrowind chitin armor. I was just wanting to consider any other options although I think I'll hire Talvas for Lakevew Manor. Poor guy--I don't think I can send him back to Neloth after how Neloth's been treating the new steward I found him. Plus Talvas will make my Dark Elf's new house very Dark Elf-y, as her husband's a Dark Elf too. Now if I could only adopt some Dark Elf kids...

The only other follower I know of in Solstheim is Frea but I doubt she's available for being a steward. She has to be coaxed into following you and then she's the Skaal's shaman after the main quest, so it only makes sense she wouldn't be available.

KattSand

Premium Member
And someone spent time designing that face too. Pity you hav to trick the game to see it.

Pity. It would have been kind of funnny to have a steward that was decked out in Morrowind chitin armor. I was just wanting to consider any other options although I think I'll hire Talvas for Lakevew Manor. Poor guy--I don't think I can send him back to Neloth after how Neloth's been treating the new steward I found him. Plus Talvas will make my Dark Elf's new house very Dark Elf-y, as her husband's a Dark Elf too. Now if I could only adopt some Dark Elf kids...

The only other follower I know of in Solstheim is Frea but I doubt she's available for being a steward. She has to be coaxed into following you and then she's the Skaal's shaman after the main quest, so it only makes sense she wouldn't be available.

What is the deal with that? They make an awsome looking follower, but you're not supposed to see him? Somewhere at bethesda's headquarters, some guy is taking pleasure from the fact that he's trollin' everyone. I feel kind of bad for Talvas too, didn't know you could have him as a steward so I'm gonna hire him, I wanted Marcurio as my steward but he seems to think he's to important for that kind of work so he glitched himself, and now I can't get the option to hire him for the lakeview manor house, or any of the other houses :sadface:

Saozig

Hippy
What is the deal with that? They make an awsome looking follower, but you're not supposed to see him? Somewhere at bethesda's headquarters, some guy is taking pleasure from the fact that he's trollin' everyone. I feel kind of bad for Talvas too, didn't know you could have him as a steward so I'm gonna hire him, I wanted Marcurio as my steward but he seems to think he's to important for that kind of work so he glitched himself, and now I can't get the option to hire him for the lakeview manor house, or any of the other houses :sadface:

Bethesda seems to have met their trolling quota with this DLC, didn't they?

Yeah, I've heard Marcurio gets glitchy with the steward option. He eagerly offered both my Bosmer (before they were married) and my Dunmer, but I've declined him both times because 1) I don't want him to get glitchy on me and 2) I want a steward who's stay on the estate, not one I want to drag along with me as follower.

KattSand

Premium Member
Bethesda seems to have met their trolling quota with this DLC, didn't they?

Yeah, I've heard Marcurio gets glitchy with the steward option. He eagerly offered both my Bosmer (before they were married) and my Dunmer, but I've declined him both times because 1) I don't want him to get glitchy on me and 2) I want a steward who's stay on the estate, not one I want to drag along with me as follower.

I've never wanted Marcurio as my steward before, for the same reasons, but since I've replaced him with Teldryn, I kind of wanted to keep Marcurio close and not just send him back to that bench at the bee and barb :D But if he's gonna be like that and not appreciate my offer, then I have no choice but to send him back there.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
I love this follower. He has yet to go down, except in booby trapped hallways, and he is super strong.

KattSand

Premium Member
And here we have Teldryn and Serana showing us the latest fashion, Skaal coats for those cold days and nights in Skyrim. Too bad I can't get a better quality shot, but this will do :) Teldryn turned out to be a really good follower, very versatile when it comes to battle.
1oY25.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts