• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lewsean

I know it's probably just me, but I love all the new stuff I discover when I actually play an Argo and swim around under water in the lakes, rivers and dwemer ruins. I have found so many unknown things.

I also love the kill-cam when a Khajit character scratches his opponent to death (okay claws :))
I thought Skyrim had like nothing except boats underwater lol.. There's actual ruins?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I know it's probably just me, but I love all the new stuff I discover when I actually play an Argo and swim around under water in the lakes, rivers and dwemer ruins. I have found so many unknown things.

I also love the kill-cam when a Khajit character scratches his opponent to death (okay claws :))
I thought Skyrim had like nothing except boats underwater lol.. There's actual ruins?
Oh yeah! There's all kinds of stuff down there (especially in Dwemer ruins). Sure there are a lot of ships and stuff, but I find all kinds of things. I don't think there are any actual ruins down there, but, tip: check out the bottom of the lake(?) by the Solitude docks. :)

Rhew

The missing snow elf

Oh yeah! There's all kinds of stuff down there (especially in Dwemer ruins). Sure there are a lot of ships and stuff, but I find all kinds of things. I don't think there are any actual ruins down there, but, tip: check out the bottom of the lake(?) by the Solitude docks. :)

But I'm way out in the Rift right now! Do you know how long it takes to get to Solitude from the Rift?! :mad: Oh, very well! My curiosity is too much to ignore. :p

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

But I'm way out in the Rift right now! Do you know how long it takes to get to Solitude from the Rift?! :mad: Oh, very well! My curiosity is too much to ignore. :p
Since you're there anyhow, try exploring the bottom of the lake by Riften! You'll be surprised what you find close to the islands and docks. :)

Wippii

Bookworm

Oh yes. I always jump off the bridge/gate at the EEC warehouse and check out the bottom of the ocean around the docks. Usually get disappointed by what I find, but jumping off the bridge is so much fun that it doesn't matter.

Lewsean

I don't know what I'm looking for :sadface: I just see lots of weeds lol.

TheNatural

Wow, I played some skyrim this morning before work, and found a ton of stuff that I had never seen before that was all in the vanilla game.

In all of my ~800 hours I had not fully explored the entire mountainous region in the southeaster area of skyrim. I discovered the Tall tower with a follower I had never met The Ruins of Forelhost (sp?) and the awesome dungeon and quest in that area. Also, the shack with the man who sends you on a quest to slay spirit beasts? I am shocked that I had never taken the time to check this area out. So much cool stuff.

That kind of stuff, well, it truly never gets old.

Morgan

Wow, I played some skyrim this morning before work, and found a ton of stuff that I had never seen before that was all in the vanilla game.

In all of my ~800 hours I had not fully explored the entire mountainous region in the southeaster area of skyrim. I discovered the Tall tower with a follower I had never met The Ruins of Forelhost (sp?) and the awesome dungeon and quest in that area. Also, the shack with the man who sends you on a quest to slay spirit beasts? I am shocked that I had never taken the time to check this area out. So much cool stuff.

That kind of stuff, well, it truly never gets old.

Hint: Go check the tree stump out front of his place. You'll be even happier.

Rhew

The missing snow elf
I don't know what I'm looking for :sadface: I just see lots of weeds lol.
I found a chest near the gates of the East Empire Company. Not sure if that was it.

Forgot one other thing - having Shouting contests with Draugr. Did this on Skyrim tonight and boy did I forget how fun it is! :)

Also, I used the Waterbreathing spell once and jumped off that big bridge in the Solitude docks once. Found two treasure chests under water and a fish barrel I think as well. That was a nice surprise.

And on the Dawnguard DLC, in that Nightcaller Cave or whatever it's called, about partway through there's a large puddle of water you can dive into that leads into an underwater cave with a skeleton and some decent loot. That was fun when I found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wippii

Bookworm
Also, I used the Waterbreathing spell once and jumped off that big bridge in the Solitude docks once. Found two treasure chests under water and a fish barrel I think as well. That was a nice surprise.

TWO chests? Hmm... I'm going to have to explore the area more carefully next time I visit Solitude/the EEC warehouse... whenever that may be.
On a semi-related note, one of the "dock guards" can sometimes be seen swimming his/her way towards the ladder next to the warehouse... wonder if the guards know about the sunken treasure like they know everything else. :D

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Most of these posts reminded me of things I thought were real funny, and in-so-doing reminds me of how much I enjoyed them; thus, repeating the cycle and qualifying them, in my mind, as 'never getting old' events...

Relating to finishing moves:

Going through three consecutive finishing moves when playing on legendary with firebolt or similar spell or with low damage weapon.
Thinking to myself, "Yeah! You can do it!" or "Oh! Maybe! Maybe this time you'll kill 'em!"

Flames or Frostbite spells locking you into a finishing move while the animal/creature, usually a mudcrab, elk, wolf, or fox unashamedly continues to encroach, look at you in surprise, nip at you, or run away; apparently oblivious to your existence, respectively.

Finishing moves where the victim flies off having been delayed by the cut-scene animation.

Relating to scripted lines in general:

Being killed and then scrutinized for leaving "litter" lying about.

An aggressor blocks your attack, or other similar instance where the act of fighting is seen as somehow trivial, and says, "Weren't expecting that, were you?"

The moment when Nurelion is exposed to the fact his Phial has been restored. He will make any number of death gasps and flail out upon dying. Yes, I have a save file of this. I watch it daily. Similarly, the dying mage out front Mzulft does this too, however, it isn't anywhere near as funny.

The older woman in the Dawnstar Sactuary. "You can let me go now. It'll be our little secret."

Misc:

Completing Malacath's quest to acquire Volendrung. Also, I always get a kick out of when it is announced: The new leader, and afterwards everyone is perplexed as to Malacath's reasoning.

When a target dies paralyzed.

When a target dies paralyzed and then gimps out and flies around the room/area.

Casting Calm, Pacify or Harmony, especially in scenarios where it was not expected or "programmed", i.e. Calming Estormo will calm him, but he doesn't drop his hands.

When two Orc Hunters spawn next to eachother, they'll both simultaneously utter intimidations and threats to warn the other off. Since neither will back down (because both spawned there), this results in a battle Orc vs. Orc. This is another I have a save of because it is both funny and entertaining. So far the Orc on the left has a better K/D; watched daily.

Noticing hanging moss in places I hadn't before.

Musicians playing without their instrument.

Whenever Giants stomp and threaten rabbits or other "small" animals... Like, seriously... Chill out!

There are probably others that truly don't get old, but I can't think of them now.

Amradel

Fus Ro Dah-ing people and things of places!

Collecting grilled leeks and adding them to my grilled leek collecting...

Shooting skeletons or Draugr each in one hit with a bow and never missing as they separately rise out of they'er graves in a large Nordic crypt room... (I just feel epic when I do this.)

Clearing out whole rooms of enemies without them noticing you is also pretty satisfying.

Jumping of mountains and dying, then watching yourself roll and bounce down the mountain.

Being flung into the air by a giant. (Or seeing it happen to someone else...)

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
Being a Khajiit. Being a werewolf. Archery!!! Throw Voice. Easy yet hard puzzles to solve. Slaying!!! I have the vanilla version so it's a pretty short list. For now.:D

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Kill cam of an arrow speeding through the air and....missing its victim.

Kill cam of me on the dragon's head, from behind the dragon, so all I can see is his tail thumping.

Killing a dragon in the air so that he lands on the ground and slides 300 feet, leaving a 15-foot wide, 6 foot deep furrow in the ground.

Marcurio saying, "It's just a scratch!"

Wippii

Bookworm
Regarding killcams:
I was shooting arrows at Mirmulnir for the 10240206th time, and got a camera sequence. The arrow flew past the dragon... and through the air... and finally killed a random bird about a hundred meters away. o_O

I do agree that failed killcams or attack cams never get old. The ones where the arrow just hits an invisible wall/rock right in front of you are annoying... but when the arrow flies faaaaaar, missing its target... :D

Another thing that never gets old is triggering one of the bear traps on the main road leading past Fort Sungard and Sunderstone Gorge by dropping the other bear trap onto it. Both traps snap close, and the dropped one gets flung away. I do that every time I find the traps have reset. Hilarious!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
That old lady when you first enter Riverwood say: "Dragon! I saw a DRAAGON!!"

The Aurora Borealis.

FUS'ing goats off the Throat of the World

Dragon fight kill cam

Beheading kill cam

When an enemy says "Death is highly overrated!"

Putting a bucket on Birna's head and stealing her Soul Gems.

All that gold inside Gyldenhul Barrow

Bunnies

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim
-Diplomatic immunity
-bandits deciding getting shot in the head "was my imagination"
-staring at the menu for like 3 minutes listening to the theme
-soul trapping necromancers
-throwing dead Falmer off the ledges to the bottom of the dwemer ruins
-enemies getting cut off mid-taunt by a decapitation

sticky runes

Quests with randomly chosen locations. Doing a quest that takes you to the same dungeon to find the same item can be boring every time you start a new character, but when a quest gives a different location each time, that can make your RP feel a lot more fresh and exciting.

And I never seem to get bored of the mage college. I've played so many mages in skyrim, I've done it a lot more than any other guild. I love making freinds with the three students and learning from the professors and buying their stuff, I love the field trip into Saarthal and going after those nasty mages in Fellglow Keep. Could have done with more lessons than just the one warding session, but overall, love it.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts