stuck on load save game screen

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brother

Skyrim has been working fine for about a week now (aside from some crashes because of my crappy computer) but now it's stuck on the save game loading screen! When I go to load my most recent save game, it just sits there. I've waited over five minutes before and then just pressed ctrl-alt-delete and logged off. (When I try to minimize it it crashes). My computer did overheat and shutdown as it was saving the last time, so it might have damaged the save file, but I tried the save game right before the most recent one and it did the same thing! However, I tried a save game from days ago and it worked fine. I also just recently installed the free version of Fraps, but I've tried to load the games while running Fraps and while not, so I don't think that's the problem. Please help! I love Skyrim and desperately want to play it!

Oh, and I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 and have 3 GB of RAM installed and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz. I'm pretty good with software but know next to nothing about hardware. Please help. :sadface:

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
It is recommended for PC users to have 4 GB/RAM and a quad core processor to run Skyrim, depending on your available slots you can upgrade both of these fairly easily. I would consult your manufacturer's website and verify your available upgrades via model/make of your motherboard.

Also, as a side note, you can play Skyrim with your posted specs as they meet the minimum requirements. But I would highly suggest toning down the graphics as much as possible (I don't have the PC version, but I'm sure it's available). If your cpu is over-heating and shutting down your damaging much much more than the save file; you could damage critical root files as well if this continues to happen. Which might explain why your game will not load as it should. One of the game files could be corrupt at which time I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts