Strange Marriage Bug (help)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Johnnydeath

Okay so I just bought a house in Whiterun and was going to marry Ysolda who is also from Whiterun. So everything was going well. I asked her, quest told me to go to the temple and talk to the priest. I did and he told me to come back tomorrow. Stepped outside and waited for like 14 hours. Went back inside and everyone is running out and Ysolda said "how could you" and people telling me to get out and stuff. Im like wtf, then I look down and there was Lydia! The follower that is from whiterun, the strange thing is, I killed her on accident like 4 days ago on one of the starting missions in a cave... It said wedding failed at the top and I have now paused the game. I have it saved before I fast forward time but every time I reload it, it does the same thing and If I try and manually wait it will say Marriage failed even before I enter the room at noon. So can anyone tell me what to do? Can I re try the marriage with the same person or am I just out of luck and let it fail and try with someone else? I really want this one to work out since she gives 100 gold a day which stacks.

This is all pretty strange since Lydia just magically showed up at my wedding dead when she died 4 days ago in a cave near Rivenwood lol

So in case you want to see for yourself. I cant find my capture card atm so here is a rough screenshot I took of Lydia laying dead at the front door of the chapel. Btw Playing on a PS3

Note: I have tried running into another house before the wedding starts to see if she pop ups there and nope, only at the chapel. Its so strange im about to find my capture card and film this lol

Image2.jpg

ChicN Freak

Chicken of the Third Reich
"BUMP" Dude... PS3 is awesome ^^ Hmmm, the only reasonable thing i can think of is:
1. T-Bag Lydia's corpse. (May earn some fame)
2. Restart WHOLE game :sadface:
3. Marry some other chick... or man, if you into men >_< rofl.

Johnnydeath

yeah, Ive actually just let it fail and let it pass but I did keep the save file & plain on uploading it, cause it is kinda funny and weird. Ill prob find another hoe to marry. & yeash ps3!

Just a bad bug by the soumds of it, i would guess that a previous save shortly before you even entered whiterun may help sort It, but i guess most people dont have as many close saves as me, im a bit of a serial saver..
Sorry to hear you had to give up. Can i ask how you get to marry though, i uavent even got a girl to talk nice to me :sadface: lol,apart from lydia, and she got taken by the damn furmer... And do they all have a perk ( like you say she gives 100 a day), and how did you find that out?

So in case you want to see for yourself. I cant find my capture card atm so here is a rough screenshot I took of Lydia laying dead at the front door of the chapel. Btw Playing on a PS3

Note: I have tried running into another house before the wedding starts to see if she pop ups there and nope, only at the chapel. Its so strange im about to find my capture card and film this lol

Image2.jpg

Also, PLEASE tell me how you record and screenshot on the ps3 :)

Johnnydeath

Just a bad bug by the soumds of it, i would guess that a previous save shortly before you even entered whiterun may help sort It, but i guess most people dont have as many close saves as me, im a bit of a serial saver..
Sorry to hear you had to give up. Can i ask how you get to marry though, i uavent even got a girl to talk nice to me :sadface: lol,apart from lydia, and she got taken by the damn furmer... And do they all have a perk ( like you say she gives 100 a day), and how did you find that out?

Well what I did was let the marriage fail, went back and talked to her and then it worked the second time. I did keep the save, I plain on uploading it to youtube soon. Hmm well I just searched on google
"Skyrim marriage" and on the wiki it tells you how to get married and who you can marry, so thats the fastest option. Also I just took the screenshot with my camera :/

Parrk

I read somewhere some advice that in order to ensure that the second wedding does not go awry yo ushould drag lydia's corpse into another room and close the door.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts