Still no land available in Falkreath..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Panthera

Don Gato
Did you guys checked DLC before starting the game?

sticky runes

I recently did this with my thief/assassin character.

I had already killed Sidgier's housecarl for the Dark Brotherhood quest months ago.

When I recently loaded my thief/assassin character with Hearthfire installed, I did not receive a letter from Sidgier - instead, I received a letter from skald of Dawnstar, saying he had a bit of land available (because I had already completed Waking Nightmare)
So I bought the land in the Pale, then headed to Falkreath. The guards at the entrance immediately pulled their weapons on me and charged me for my crimes in the hold. I paid my fine of 1000 gold, and they let me go freely.

I entered the long house, and Sidgier called me a wretched dog. i asked him if there was any work available, and he said I had to pay him tribute first, and he gave me a quest to bring him some blackbriar mead, which I did (only needed 1 bottle) and he then said "finally somebody who knows how to get things done" or something like that, and I was then able to ask him if there was any other work I could do for him, and he gave me the quest to kill the bandits he used to deal with, and after completing this I was able to buy the plot of land from him.

sticky runes

OK, so after all that, I am now unable to become thane and receive Rayya as a housecarl.

With my other characters I did the three easy quests: delivering the ashes to Runil, retrieving Runil's journal from a random cave and sneaking into Lod's house to find the letter.

The old man who asks me to deliver the ashes is nowhere to be seen, so I must have assassinated him for one of the DB quests. The jarl's uncle isn't giving me any quests, he just waffles on about his family history.

So I've only 2 out of 3 by getting Runil's journal and investing in grey pine goods. The blacksmith and alchemist don't come up with any investment dialogue. The farmer was killed in a dragon attack, so I can't do any work for him and his useless c'unt of a wife does nothing. I've tried dropping all kinds of items in front of every villager including the soldiers, and the only person who would accept anything is the shopkeeper - who I've already helped, so that doesn't count. Rescuing Valdr doesn't count either, neither does the quest with the werewolf or doing any of those radiant bandit/giant/dragon quests.

So thanks a lot for giving us this ridiculously underpopulated town full of useless wankers who stand around doing FA.

Guess I'll just have to wait until the new update comes out.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I am thane of Falkreath and there are no misc quest i need to do.
But it's still not giving me the option to buy the plot of land. I bought it every where else but here. I keep asking for word to do and I've been doing quite a few but the option still isn't appearing.

I had this problem too and it took me and my son a while to figure it out and my son looked it up on UESP. Here is what he found for me *directly from UESP*

If Siddgeir is still the jarl, speak with his steward, Nenya; if the Stormcloaks have control of the hold, speak with Tekla, steward to the new jarl, Dengeir of Stuhn. You will have to complete the quest Kill the Bandit Leader before being allowed to purchase land (Note: if Siddgeir is jarl, this may sometimes require completing his version of Rare Gifts first, and the dialogue option to start this quest will not appear if another version of the quest is active).

Hope this helps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts