Still no land available in Falkreath..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nicole

I am thane of Falkreath and there are no misc quest i need to do.
But it's still not giving me the option to buy the plot of land. I bought it every where else but here. I keep asking for word to do and I've been doing quite a few but the option still isn't appearing.

sticky runes

did you receive a letter from the jarl of Falkreath, and if so, did you read it to activate the quest? Have you spoken to the steward and asked about buying a house? (she'll say there's no house available, but you can take a bit of land instead) if you've become thane without buying property, there should be a housecarl (redguard woman) standing around the jarl's house waiting for you.

Nicole

I do not have the letter on me. So either i didn't get it at all, because i always read them. I talk to everyone in the Jarls place but no one even brings up the option nor does he. I even deleted Hearthfire and downloaded it again but nothing changed.

Panthera

Don Gato
What lvl are you?

Nicole

62. I was going to just load back to a previous saved game just to get the achievement atleast. The Jarl doesn't speak to me in the nicest way either. He called me a miserable something. I did complete the DB quest killing someone he worked with maybe that's why although some people say it doesn't mean anything and they can still get the land. I don't know what it is. It has been this way since i was level 50.

Panthera

Don Gato
62. I was going to just load back to a previous saved game just to get the achievement atleast. The Jarl doesn't speak to me in the nicest way either. He called me a miserable something. I did complete the DB quest killing someone he worked with maybe that's why although some people say it doesn't mean anything and they can still get the land. I don't know what it is. It has been this way since i was level 50.
The only way is getting this land is raising his disposition by console, that is if you are on PC.

Karen

boop.
I'm not sure if it is the issue with killing Helvard during the DB questline, because I had that problem and he wouldn't name me thane at all after that. Are you playing on PC? I fixed it with a console command, basically resetting your relationship with Siddgeir so he won't hate you: player.setrelationshiprank 00019822 2

After that, everything went smoothly, although I also never got any letters regarding the Hearthfire features. I was able to buy land and adopt, though.

Nicole

No. I am playing on Xbox 360. I had no problem getting land on the other two. Just this one and i can't figure out why.

Panthera

Don Gato
No. I am playing on Xbox 360. I had no problem getting land on the other two. Just this one and i can't figure out why.
Because of DB quest you did in Falkreath.

Nicole

I started to think that but i was reading other posts saying it had nothing to do with that. But i'm not sure.

Panthera

Don Gato
Look, I'm 100% sure. I had the same problem. There is one possibility... if you side with Stormcloaks, than Falkreath is ruled by another Jarl who is installed by Stormcloaks. After that you are able to buy the land again.

Panthera

Don Gato
What if you sided with the Imperials?
Than it stays as it is. Jarl of Flkreath is changed only if you side with Stormcloaks, probably because current Jarl is sympathiser of the Empire.

Panthera

Don Gato
I'm still seeing no dialog to purchase land or to become thane. Even after helping over 3 people in Falkreath.
You need to get the letter from a Jarl. I think that when you reach 10-15 lvl you get a letter (I'm not so sure about that). Now if you finished all the dark brotherhood quests than you won't get any letter. Because Jarl of Falkerath doesn't like you.

Imperial_Templar

You need to get the letter from a Jarl. I think that when you reach 10-15 lvl you get a letter (I'm not so sure about that). Now if you finished all the dark brotherhood quests than you won't get any letter. Because Jarl of Falkerath doesn't like you.

I destroyed the dark brotherhood. I have still not received a letter from him.

Napwnleon

I'm having similar frustrations. I haven't killed Helvard, or done anything that might have glitched my gamefiles, but I'm not given the dialogue option to even become thane, let alone buy land. This is despite having done all of the local quests.

If anyone from Bethesda is reading this, please get your act together and fix these glitches. You can't release DLC that we pay for only to find that a) the DLC doesn't fully work (i.e. I paid for three houses but can only build two), and, b) the DLC has actually removed an important option from the base game. First world problems and all that, but it's absolutely ridiculous.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts