Stealth Archer Build Goal

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The first problem is an overwhelming amount of calculated perks. You can try to get to 81; hopefully you don't become bored of your account. Most of the time, however, people make builds that have around 50, at most 60 perks calculated.

Thief builds with Sneak and illusion filled out are incredibly strong to the point of being overpowered (depending on the player's routine). You absolutely do not need 79 perks if you're going the way of sneak, but if you truly plan on getting to 81, save the least important perks for later (ie lockpicking and a lot of alchemy, some archery, enchanting). Once sneak is up quite high, combined with a dagger or distant arrow you will never have trouble with anything. However, it is very utility based in the sense that many of your skills do indirect damage to the opponent and/or are not combat oriented. Perks can be filled out very quickly this way.

I'm not sure what your roleplay build is in mind, but I will make comments about the utility of the build as best I can.

• Archery - I reworked your build and dissed the entire right side. I'll show you what I have redone.
  • Drop restoration; unless you plan on getting into up-close fights a lot, then it is pointless. That, and you have alchemy filled up to 11 perks, most of which will probably end up completely unnecessary since this build is so potentially OP. To a degree, it (restoration) also combines poorly with the RP build of a sneaky thief.
  • You should definitely attempt to add Illusion. An Illusion Thief is very fun, and on par with the best builds.Illusion is also very cheap and easy to train. Nothing goes better with sneak than illusion.
  • Lockpicking can absolutely be dropped, but if you want to try it out go ahead. It does cooperate well with your RP build, but even for a utility skill the only useful perk is the treasure hunter.
  • Pickpocketing is fun but poisoned and misdirection can be dropped. I have a jester account who has too many useless perks in pickpocketing. It gets easy pretty quickly, and it is useful for training other skills (stealing from the skill trainers).
  • Alchemy really only NEEDS (I use that term lightly) Alchemist 5/5.
  • Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! < I mostly eliminated but I also added illusion. I adjusted this for the sake of utility and the foresight that this account may not be played until 81, but if you intend to play until 81, my major suggestions are:
  • ditching restoration;
  • saving lockpicking and all the less important perks for the latter levels. You should focus primarily on archery, sneak, and light Armor. If you intend to add illusion, then absolutely that should be prioritized as well.
  • Smithing, enchanting, alchemy, pickpocketing can all be second priority since they are not involved directly in combat.

Mwhals

Thanks. It sounds like archery, light armor, sneak and illusion are highly important for stealth archer.

I still think Alchemy is important for fortify potions and poison.

Alchemy can be fun, but it doesn't carry much actual utility if you're going illusion+sneak. By that I mean you probably won't find many an opportunity to use it where you need it. You can go full-out on the Alchemy tree, by all means, but I'd save it for later perks, as they are more needed in the more useful skills to this build. I would use it more for potions than poisons, since Restoration is being dropped.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Unless you're utilizing the exploit, Alchemy should be put on secondary priority alongside any smithing for making better light armor, bows, then you can make other weapons and armor to sell for more arrows, healing and stamina potions, and better bows.

Mwhals

I never use the alchemy exploit. Are you saying pick smithing over alchemy? I have a warrior that has great armor due to making strong enchanting potions with strong alchemy clothes (31% I think per piece). I also have smithing fortification on the alchemy clothes. In the end, my armor was twice the in game max and I am not even sure it helped.

I have used the Ogma Infinium exploit though. I am tired of super overpowered so was thinking of lock picking and pick pocket to supplement archery, sneak, illusion and light armor.

Mwhals

I decided I am doing a Nightengale build using the Nightengale armor and weapons along with the blade of woe. I am doing it without alchemy or smithing as the sneak and archery along with dual blade and dagger fighting in stealth. I will put in to the speech, pickpocketing and lock picking last. I just want to do this for something totally different since it is my fourth character.

I have played a pure Mage, battle Mage and warrior. I love the Nightengale armor and weapons.

I will use illusion for most kills along with the bow most of the time. This should be a fun and different build.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Mwhals

Level 6 khajiit named Percy, one of our cats. Perks are two for armsman, 2 in sneak up to muffle, one in archery, 150 health, 100 stamina and 100 magika.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I never use the alchemy exploit. Are you saying pick smithing over alchemy? I have a warrior that has great armor due to making strong enchanting potions with strong alchemy clothes (31% I think per piece). I also have smithing fortification on the alchemy clothes. In the end, my armor was twice the in game max and I am not even sure it helped.

I have used the Ogma Infinium exploit though. I am tired of super overpowered so was thinking of lock picking and pick pocket to supplement archery, sneak, illusion and light armor.
The stronger the smithing the more durable it can become, with the Alchemy you can brew poisons and make Fortify Smithing potions which can increase your smithing capabilities but again, Smithing covers it very well, I think it's when your Smithing gets around 90+ for it to become Legendary status. If your smithing is already great and you use a fortify Smithing, you can temper your already Legendary armor.

Mwhals

I did the alchemy smithing enchanting thing with my ultra strong basher. I am going for something different this time. I might put two points into smithing to improve the Nightingale armor, but the rest of the smithing tree does not affect that armor.

Mwhals

Level 11 now with perks only in 1H, Archery, Sneak, and Light Armor. Health/stamina/magica ratio is 60/20/20.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts