Starting All Over A Good Idea?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JechtFayth

I just wanted to get some other opinions before I do something rash... but was curious if anyone thought it would be worth starting completely over from ground zero in skyrim....

the reason i'm thinking of starting over is cause I am incredibly picky about what games get their trophies synced to my PS3 User Profile and MW3 got on it....

Just spoke with Playstation help and they said it would be possible to delete the trophy data with a PS Vita, but I would have to first buy a PS Vita that is about $200+ and then I would have to come up with a solid Playstation Network account name which I'm not ready to do so...

So would any of you do the buy and delete? or just create a new User and just start all over?

Had just gotten expert level destruction spells, had discovered well over 100 locations, Had gotten Throw Voice, Beat CoW and many other things had beem found or completed and was Level 37

If I were to start over, the main things that are most Important to me that I would want to get right away after I begin are Azura's Star and Halldir's Staff so I can get a jump on Enchanting quickly.

Would I be able to get those two items at Level 1 while only using the Flames spell?

If you don't mind a couple of spoilers. The mace of Molag Bal can be won at level one and allows soul trapping for your enchantment and I assume you the Dwemmer machine/Falmer soul combination for getting lots of filled gems.

JechtFayth

If you don't mind a couple of spoilers. The mace of Molag Bal can be won at level one and allows soul trapping for your enchantment and I assume you the Dwemmer machine/Falmer soul combination for getting lots of filled gems.

I am only using staves... so I must use Halldir's Staff...

any thoughts about the rest of my post?

Unit7

In theory sure. Well Ok I am not even sure it is possible in theory. Then again I am just being a smart ass.

Actually I don't think I have ever got that staff. So I wouldn't know what you'd be facing in the dungeon as a low level. But I'd probably recommend playing on novice and maybe going through bleakfalls barrow and such to gain some levels. Maybe go in with a bit more then just flames.

But like I said I don't really know what's involved in this quest.

As for buying or deleting. Even at my pickiest moment I'd never spend 200 bucks on something to just scratch an itch like this. Then again for me I also have very little problem with starting over. But it helps that the itch sorta goes away after awhile and learn to ignore whatever it was that was bothering me.

JechtFayth

In theory sure. Well Ok I am not even sure it is possible in theory. Then again I am just being a smart ass.

Actually I don't think I have ever got that staff. So I wouldn't know what you'd be facing in the dungeon as a low level. But I'd probably recommend playing on novice and maybe going through bleakfalls barrow and such to gain some levels. Maybe go in with a bit more then just flames.

But like I said I don't really know what's involved in this quest.

As for buying or deleting. Even at my pickiest moment I'd never spend 200 bucks on something to just scratch an itch like this. Then again for me I also have very little problem with starting over. But it helps that the itch sorta goes away after awhile and learn to ignore whatever it was that was bothering me.

i suppose... its just its the 6th or 7th time restarting since i had 2 characters on one account and i lost all the saves :/ and then on new account had started another 4 times... so a little beat by that, but it is fun starting. it was just my first time getting so far with a mage and i felt it was just getting fun since i was beginning to not struggle. thats why i was thinking of considering the buying to delete...

only reason i dont want to use any spell other than flames is cause i want to keep my buying spell tomes or learning spell tomes to the exact minimum
i want character to have flames, and then all the wall spells and incinerate and thunderbolt and then all master destruction spells... was gonna try to go through most dungeons with flames so i can keep character to only learning those spells.... might be too much of a challenge though..i most likely will need to use staffs against any hard opponents since i believe i probably will be facing many.

sort of sad to lose the mage... but i can always start fresh and reimage character since it was just slightly off this time around.

thanks for your opinion.

One way to glitch the game is to not level up. This keeps many of the opponents at level one, but you are getting all sorts of weapons and armor to use against them.

Halldir's gonna be pretty tough with just Flames, I'd do Saarthal first, pick up Jyrik's staff, and zot him with that. Then, you've got what you need to top it off. While you're in Winterhold, clean out the pools for some soul gems.

JStew

In regards to the original post and not the tangent this thread has gone into, starting over is one of the most worthwhile things you can do. I recently started a completely new file and have found a new love for this game. Doing things differently, for instance joining the Imperials instead of the Stormcloaks, allows you to see the game completely differently. Also the game is the most fun when you can go into any city and you get 15 side quests upon talking to anyone thats around. Honestly, on your first play through, if you're like me, you were so excited to do everything that you missed a lot. I sped through my first play through and after about 150 hours of gameplay I didnt have much left to do, and felt like I hadnt done enough. Also if youre looking for a challenge up your difficulty, theres nothing like being level 3 and being killed by mudcrabs.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I personally would keep my trophy progress. Be proud of it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts