18+ Soul's Deadlock (recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lifts-Her-Tail

~I had previously started this role play but many years ago, back when I was active, but I have now come back and I am interested in starting up this role play once again so please do not hesitate in posting cc's or asking questions~
    ~---------------------------------------------------------------------------~
    PLOT
    Dark Times have begun to linger over Skyrim, a new evil and daemonic force is taking action. People have had their very souls taken from them and their bodies have been replaced with a new dark soul, one of pure malice and true greed for power and a greed for death.
    These daemonic forces are beginning to swiftly spread across the rest of Tamriel; many innocent people have suffered cruel and heartless fates, from their own loved ones who no longer have control over their once kind and loving bodies.
    The Priests of Skyrim are trying their best to find a way to drive away these daemon souls, from those unlucky enough to have been possessed by a new dark type of pure insidious evil that has bestowed so many in such little time.
    Time is running out. Many others are beginning to become possessed by evil spirits of depraved darkness and satanistic actions. So the time has come for people to strike back against these soul snatchers and to discover to true malicious entity behind all of this and so the fight begins; the priests have rung their warning bells, the soldiers are ready for a merciless fight against evil, but is there more behind this than what first seems?
    Only time shall tell of what events are to come.
    Only time will tell if Skyrim and the rest of Tamriel will be rid of this unholy evil.
    Or will Tamriel fall to the might of this malevolent coming?
    As it's stated only time will tell.
    And so the fight begins for the mortals homeland and their saviour...
    ~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
    PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS!!!!!
    So that is the basic plot for this roleplay. Now I will be reasonably strict in letting people in as I have high expectations for this rp. I would like five people max to join this so I'll be judging character cards to see who I should let in this rp, but I am willing to let another person join in if their character submission is exceptional. So please if you do submit add a sample of your writing which I can review just so I know how your rping style is and how good of a writer you are.
    Now I'm NOT looking for perfect grammar and spelling for all I'm asking of you is that you put a little bit of effort into your card as if it's of poor quality then it's a waste of my time and your own so please try your best in making sure your character card is of fair standard and not something which I'm going to think poorly of thats all I ask of a fair decent effort.
    Your character can be anyone as for this rp I want a lot of character development as it's not all going to be fighting every few posts so yeah make sure your character has emotions which can be linked into the deeper story.
    ~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
    Rules:

• All normal and usual rp rules apply.
    • Swearing, cursing and other adult related things are allowed as this is an 18+ so if you can't take the heat of adult related things then do not join this rp!

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I'll post a CC soon! Just got crazy bs at work to deal with which could take up the next 2-3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifts-Her-Tail

That's fine daryl and @Restless Im so sorry I didn't add this information in the main post! I was planning to have a 1 or 2 priests, who endure huge character development, in terms of abandoning their morals and inner beliefs in order to survive.

Other characters should vary quite significantly in terms of why they are fighting back against the possessed. I was also finding it difficult to think of a place where all the characters were going to come together, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    -LHT<3

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Well, if I have free reign, I have a character I'd like to dust off again, if possible. If you'd prefer I make a priest, though, I can. And I'm okay with abandoning morals, but I prefer to make twisted characters, so it might be a bit harder for me to make a convincing "Good" character - but twisting them afterwards would be no problem.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Yeah which ever you thinks best!! If you'd like to do one of your past characters don't hesitate to do so. If no one takes up the role of a priest/priestess, I will do so myself which is why I have not yet posted my CC.
    -LHT<3

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    I actually find this premise to be pretty interesting, and I have a character that I never got to RP properly that I think would fit in with all of this. Gimme a day or two to find her old CC and polish it for this :D

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I could possibly be interested in writing a priest..... I'll get cracking at a CC. What exactly would you like the priests to be like and do? And does the deity they worship matter? Or just Aedra?

I was thinking a magicka based Akatosh priest

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Hah, I think I remember the original thread posted a while back. Can't recall if I applied to that one, but I do have an incredibly religious character I'd love to try out! Just gotta work on that CC

Lifts-Her-Tail

Hiya snoball, yeah whenever you're finished with the cc just post it in and I'll review it!! And specter in answer to your questions the priests can either be daedra or Aedra worshippers, and you can develop your character in anyway you wish as long as it works and your idea for the akatosh priest is completely fine.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

So.......... I have two questions, both related to backstory stuff:
    Is this post civil-war, last dragonborn, alduin, and all that? Seems like it is but I just want to check.

And: Where are we all meeting up?

Lifts-Her-Tail

Yes it is set post civil war and everything and the meeting part I'm not 100% sure on I'm not sure where the best place is to start with this rp, to be honest what I was considering is that everyone is just living their normal lives and that's when they start to realise everything is changing etc and then some how we all meet somewhere but I haven't decided where yet so if anyone has any suggestions let me know:p I'm so sorry if I'm not making much sense in these posts but I'm absolutely knackered haha

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

You're fine :D
    Just makes a little difference as to where and how my character's backstory ends is all.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Name in Text Color: Stirlyn The Glorious

Nicknames or Titles: The Gilded Knight

Race: Nord

Born: Chorrol, Cyrodiil 3E 413

Sexuality: Pansexual (On the condition the individual is as “beautiful” as he is.)

Relationship Status: Currently engaged in an Open relationship with Vasha (See Background)

Religion: A trinity of Molag Bal, Clavicus Vile, and Sanguine

Affiliations: Cyrodiil Vampyrum Order, Pleasurable Things, Beautiful Things, Knight of the Thorn

Profession: Ex-Fighter’s Guild, Ex-Arena Competitor, Vampire Hunter/ Enforcer for the Order, Nobleman, Businessman

Afflictions: Narcissism, Vampirism

Appearance: Pale skin with long blonde hair tied up in a braid. His body type is highly muscular and toned

Height: 6’4”

Weight: 256 lbs.

Personality: Vain and arrogant, believes himself better than most people, and those who can rival his level of skill aren’t beautiful so they are nothing to him anyway, due to his obsession with his appearance he maintains a workout regimen. He lives for things that bring him pleasure and enjoyment.

Views: The Beautiful should be free from decay, The Beautiful should rule, and to be ugly is to be impure. Sometimes you must set aside your personal displeasure for the greater causes of the world. Elegance is the path to truth. Fighting is the purest path to Elegance.

Equipment: Polished Steel Plate armor with and a Carved Nordic shield, modified for range of movement as well as gold trim and gold inlaid embellishments without a helmet. The Loincloth of the armor is also shorter and a dark purple color. Carries an elvish sword fitted with a basket hilt, a couple of steel daggers (One on his belt, another in his boot). Underneath wears basic but finely weaved white shirt and black pants.

Skills: Heavy Armor, One Handed, Block, Restoration, Alteration, Illusion, Speech

Background:

Born in Chorrol to a minor noble house, Stirlyn was noted among the other children to be quite feminine which led to him being mocked by the other boys. Growing up wearing the finest clothes gifted to him by his Imperial father, his Nordic mother did not like how foppish her son was being groomed to be. She began taking him to the local fighter’s guild to be trained, and so Stirlyn learned something about himself. He already knew he enjoyed being hit, but he also learned he loved inflicting pain as well. He began to strike a balance between keeping himself looking pretty and being able to take a punch. Though he constantly found himself running to a healer to fix any minor injury to his face. Over time he found himself at the healers more and more, as his combat training grew more intense. Fashioning himself as a knight in shining armor, Stirlyn found himself with a conundrum: wear a helmet and protect his face, or not wear a helmet and let the foes know how beautiful their opponent was. He talked to his healer, whom he manipulated to also start teaching him magic, as his fighter’s guild trainers did not appreciate his struggle who talked about a school of magic that allows one the ability create a shield of magic among other effects. Soon Stirlyn was an acceptable warrior, and a fledgling mage. Having reached the limits of his teacher’s skill, his training would have to be put on hold as the Oblivion Crisis began to start. First the news that the Emperor was assassinated, and then Kvatch was destroyed Stirlyn found himself called to action. A boy of just older than twenty years old was sent out to try and help the fight any way he could. As he was traveling with a small company of soldiers sent to try and protect the common folk in the area around Chorrol, they were attacked by feral vampires, the soldiers managed to beat the attack, with only a few of the members falling ill among them Stirlyn. Due to the nightmares and insomnia, a weakened Stirlyn wandered away from camp. His condition thought to be something more mundane like a cold from the Vampire’s frost spells.

Unbeknownst to Stirlyn, he was being followed by a member of his party, a young nurse named Erina who Stirlyn had come to develop a relationship with. She saw him wander off and grew worried as she knew he had been sick since the fight with the vampires. When she caught up to him, he was face down in the dirt, and she dragged him to a nearby cave for shelter. They stayed together in a small abandoned bandit camp they found within the cavern, Erina doing the best she could to take care of Stirlyn in his sickness. She stood by him even as he turned, she was the band’s healer and seemed to recognize the symptoms of vampirism beginning to set in. Stirlyn stopped her from trying to kill him in his sleep as he turned. Convincing her that he was still his own beautiful self, consummating their new relationship Stirlyn and Erina left the cave.

They fought through the crisis together, Erina giving her blood willingly so that Stirlyn wouldn’t turn ugly. Eventually, the pair made their way back to their group, Stirlyn fighting with a newfound vigor and health with Erina at his side leading the other to assume that the two were together, seeing as they started sharing a tent. Fighting to protect their city, soon the Hero of Kvatch helped solve the Oblivion Crisis, and Stirlyn found himself with no more glorious combat to be had. Taking to the Arena with Erina as a manager of sorts, he began to fight for the people’s elation and pleasure. His secret kept hidden for the longest time, until it was obvious he would have to move on.

Soon, he was living in Cheydinhal bored out of his wits and Erina growing older before his eyes. Joining the local knightly order, Knights of The Thorn, Stirlyn now had a group of people he could safely feast on. After one last night together in their home, Erina seemed to have disappeared, her youthful face now engraved onto Stirlyn’s right shoulder, a memory of how beautiful she once was. Stirlyn was soon approach by a group of hooded men, who said they represented the Order. A mysterious group of vampires that lived among mortals and manipulated things from the shadows. Stirlyn was in their territory, and he would have a choice. Join them or be hunted by them for the rest of his unnatural existence. Disliking facing such an ugly threat, Stirlyn opted to join them. His status and influence growing as he did their dirty work hunting down feral vampires. Gaining an estate in which he could always have a dutiful servant acting in the same manner of Erina for the rest of his days. As one of the top enforcers of The Order, he often travels at the whim of his superiors. Though he himself only looks for beautiful things to marvel and experience, while destroying the ugly with a zeal and malice like a daedra. Vasha is his current squire, a redguard who was working as a merchant’s bodyguard, he began to twist her mind with honeyed words and magic to the point now she follows him with utter devotion to his cause.

Writing Sample

Alexandre looked at Sabine, slowly panning to Froki, and now some guy named Vinx. He didn’t shake the man’s hand but wondered about the weird name. It was a marvelous turnout, he got more than enough men. Time to start this party, he thought with his smile dropping for just a second. As he looked for an easy podium to speak, he noticed a Khajiit skulking in the shadows. With a thunderous clap, Alexandre tried to get everyone’s attention. He used his opera house voice, allowing it to crash over the smaller conversations like an avalanche. Alexandre did hope he wouldn’t have to deal with any of those this adventure.

“Now then! We have more than enough men! My name is Sir Rochefort, and I am the employer!” Sweeping his arms out to his sides, Alexandre did a slight bow. “Work for me and you will face excitement, danger, and risk overflowing your pockets! This should be a very fun time for all involved.”

Removing his hat to run his fingers through his hair. “Now then! Try outs! As these jobs get harder, I will need to actually ensure you are quote unquote good men! We have many men, but the question of who is the best among you! Now that must be answered! That must be made apparent! So the try outs!”

With a flourish, Alexandre placed the hat upon his head. Taking the time to make sure it fell perfectly onto his brow. Making a small noise of distaste towards the frost troll looking nord, Alexandre chuckled to himself a little. He turned to the few that approached him directly.

“Miss Sabine, Mister Froki, Vinx, and…” With a dancer’s turn upon the ball of his foot, Alexandre pointed to the skulking khajiit. “You! Shall accompany me. You men! Form up into groups… Of about five, there should be enough.”

It always surprised Alexandre how long it took men to organize into small groups. Now to figure out the test, Alexandre smiled. He definitely felt like being petty and going into Imperial lands for a spell. He checked the small filled in map given to him for this journey. One name jumped out to him.

“Now then, we are going to…” Fake cough. “Liberate… Fort Sungrad! Forsworn and Imperial troops shall be guarding it, and there is always the chance of patrols or scouts! For practice!” Andre points towards the large fort farther to the west. “Any questions? Because you get a bonus if you aren’t annoying!”

One rough looking orc came forward obviously not enjoying the spectacle.

“Yes? You there my good man.”

“I am Wargul… And I what keeps me from crushing your skull and…” The man’s question was stopped short as Alexandre strode up to him and put his hand up. In the bright morning light the silent calm spell was nearly invisible. The man seemed to calm down, he even loosened the grip on he axe at his hip.

“Simply put… I am keeping you from betraying me… You play the game… You win… You don’t…” Alexandre took a potion out of his bandoleer and handed it to the orc smiling. In this calm state the Orc drank from the bottle happily. But then his mood turned sour, and he started choking. The orc fell to his knees and tried to grab at his throat as well as Alexandre’s pants leg. Ignoring the sputtering orc, Alexandre spoke up again as he walked towards the road. “I want you to understand! You don’t need to like me or my methods… But this is a business proposition, I want to see some professional curtesy. Let’s get rich!”

Lifts-Her-Tail

If you can handle two characters and make sure neither of your characters falls behind then yeah sure and if you decide you cant handle both characters after the rp has started you can just kill one of them off

Nanobot

Name: I'norra
    Nickname: Nor, Norra
    Race: Khajiit
    Sexuality: Straight
    Afflictions: Short
    Affiliations: Thieves Guild

'Professions': Thief and spelunker
    Appearance: Dark brown/black leopard patterned fur. Turns white along her face, the bottom/tip of her tail, and at her stomach. She has super light blue eyes. Her ears are pieced with rings all the way up, and She has rings at the ends of her braids that reach mid-back.

Height: 5' 2"

Personality: Curious and observant. Also a dork. She'd rather watch from the sidelines as opposed to actively participating in a group. If she does happen to join a group, she'll follow along and do her own thing. Regularly forgets that she doesn't set off traps, and ends up wondering where everyone is while they're trying to avoid said traps. Since she's really curious, she as gotten herself into multiple tight situations. Loves yams. Once she gets to know you, she's pretty sweet. She might even return the stuff she stole from you.

Beliefs: If they don't catch you, it never happened. Always grab the yams. Everything is better at night when no one can see you. You don't need a shield of you never get hit. There is no such thing as too many lockpicks. ALWAYS grab the skooma. Don't use it, but sell it!

Equipment: Nightingale armor or her Thieves Guild armor. (she got bored one day and designed thorns and the moon on her Thieves Guild set) Her Nightingale bow, a Glass bow of Binding from her mom, Dragonbane, and a Dwarven sword of Devouring that she enchanted herself. Almost ended horribly.

Skills: One handed, archery, sneak, lockpick, light armor, speech.

Background: I'norra was found next to her dying father by an old Redguard woman. She was only able to get a name, that she assumed to belong to the crying toddler, then no more. It would've been cruel to leave her in the middle of winter, so the old woman took Norra as her own. Norra's new mother lived in a run down cabin up in the mountains by Whiterun. Growing up, Norra's mother taught her how to remain unnoticed in a crowd. She got to do what other Khajiit couldn't; get into the cities. It worked until some older children knocked Norra over as they ran by, which revealed her face when her hood fell back. After that, I'norra would be left with the Khajiit caravans outside the city each time they had to come to town, while her mother ran inside to get supplies. It was from them that she learned of Elswyr, how to sneak, and even use her innocent charm to convince travellers to buy from the caravan.

Her mother was old when she took Norra in, and could no longer wield a bow. She could, however, guide how to make and properly use one. Norra practiced via hunting, which sharpened her senses and ability to sneak. When she was 16 (based off when her mother thought she was born) her mother gave her an old Glass bow of Binding. Her mother had it when she was young, and decided to pass it on.

I'norra returned to a home of ash after a failed hunting trip. There was nothing left. Everything that could be used or sold had been taken. Norra couldn't even find her mother's bones. She left only a simple grave, and made her way to a place that she heard in passing a couple times. Riften. For some reason the name stuck in her head.

Norra managed to sneak into the city during the night, but jumped the railing into the water below in an attempt to avoid being spotted. She ended up being chased through the Ratway. She can't recall the exact situation, but she joined the Thieves Guild that same day. She spent the next two years running jobs, learning how to wield a sword, and finally making money. It was a miracle that she and her mother scraped by each year, so having a full stomach and gold in her pocket each day was nice. After the Guild went through chaos and a situation that led to her favorite set of armor; she left. Not forever, she still drops by and runs a couple jobs, but she prefers exploring.

One of her jobs led her to Solstheim, where she discovered yams and decided to bootleg them back to Skyrim. Not that it's illegal, but she LOVES yams.

Other: Since she was raised by a Redguard, Norra doesn't talk like most Kahjiit. She slips back to the regular speech pattern that her race has when she gets frustrated, angry, or flustered. Generally, any overpowering emotion.
    She can hold a mostly fluent conversation any other time.

Example:
    Outside was complete chaos. People running about, confused or with a purpose in mind. There was a glow over some of the other buildings and smoke was rising from it in large plumes. Solis' gaze hardened and she snatched one of her daggers off and shoved the sheathed blade into Ranger's hands.
    "We can't be of much help without a weapon if they attack again!" She said sharply. From there, the duo went about helping put out any fires or getting injured to healers. A few more explosions occurred in the distance. Solis was separated from Ranger (which she didn't really pay attention to) and getting a pair of children away from the danger zone.
    "You guys need to stay away from here, it's not sa-" Before she could continue, an explosion blasted the building next to them. Her eyes widened and she grabbed the two kids and chucked them away before they could get crushed.

Solis, however, wasn't so lucky. In her attempt to follow after the children (who were running back towards the main group) a second explosion occurred and knocked her off her feet. As she was getting back up, she was knocked down again by a large piece of building falling on top of her and instantly pinning her in place.

Solis cried out in pain when she felt - and heard - the snap of her leg. She bit her tongue in pain and tried desperately to get the crushing piece of building off of herself. No matter how hard she struggled, the stone didn't budge. Frustrated and pain filled tears threatened to spill as she cursed everything in existence. She was currently blind in one eye (the blood from her head was doing a great job of covering her face and limiting her vision), in serious amounts of pain, hating the world, and wondering; WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE!

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts