Spoiler Soul Cairn implications

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Miryks

I am playing a second character, and the first time I went into the Soul Cairn, I had Serana take some of my soul and recovered it, and after the Dawnguard storyline was completed I had Serana cure herself of her vampirism. Being a lower level this time, I would prefer not to lose any skill, and want to also try the other option. If I have Serana turn me into a vampire to enter the Soul Cairn, and then cure myself, will I still be able to have Serana cure herself of vampirism after the storyline, or will this have an effect on it?

P.S. I am aware of the dialogue that is needed to have her be willing to cure herself after the storyline and I have stayed in line with that.

JClarke1953

You can't, at least in my experience return to the Soul Cairn, even after you have Selana turn you. I tried returning after killing Harkon (had my char cured), and wasn't able to.

There's kind of a "Catch-22" here. The Dawnguard won't let you go with them to kill Harkon until your char is cured. So for some reason, it's been scripted that even after getting turned again, you can't go back in to tell Valerica.

That I feel, is another of the many "screw-ups" from Bethesda.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts