1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

PC [Solved] Can't get past fortify alchemy cap with exploit

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by k4rkarin, Apr 20, 2021.

1. k4rkarin

k4rkarin New Member

I'm playing on Skyrim legendary version and I followed this guide to do min max with a stealth archer
    Code:
    skyrimforums.org/sf/threads/maxed-character-guide.67731/
    The guide claimed that the maximum fortify alchemy cap is +43% with falmer helmet and necromage exploit. However, the maximum I can get is only +42% fortify alchemy on each gear (5 pieces in total).
    I have all the required perks (vampire/necromage, 100 enchanting, etc..), Ahzidal's Genius, and black book The Sallow Regent.

P/S: I'm sorry, my new account can not post a complete hyperlink so I have to put it in a code tag

Update: I think the reason may be vampire/necromage doesn’t increase Ahzidal’s Genius buff (from 10 to 12.5). However, idk why it doesn’t increase. I’m still in early game.

#1 k4rkarin, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. k4rkarin

k4rkarin New Member

I finally figured out the problem. As I pointed out earlier in the #1 post, necromage didn't increase Ahzidal's Genius buff (by 2.5 points), although I had all the requirements. I tried to play with some save games and even the console commands, and then I found out about the quest Rising at Dawn which cures vampirism. After finishing the quest, I made my character contract vampirism again, Ahzidal's Genius buff increased to 12.5 as intended (it displays 12 due to round down number). And finally, I can make the cap to +43% fortify alchemy as the guide claimed.
    Case closed.

#2 k4rkarin, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021