Spoiler Solknight: the Tale of a Twisted Soldier

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Hello! This is my first attempt at writing fan fiction, so give me some constructive criticism on what I should improve on. I know I could have written A LOT more, but I was feeling lazy ;)

This is based on my character, Buffington Battle-Born. Yes, he is the Dovahkiin :Dragonborn: . Here you go. WARNING: Contains MAJOR spoilers for the Civil War and Dark Brotherhood questlines: He was born and raised in Whiterun, after his parents moved there from Anvil years before. They were both killed by Thalmor agents when Buffington, previously named Zaak Forge, was 2 years old. Why were they killed? For worshiping Talos. After that, he was raised by a Battle-Born family who found him at an orphanage. Since no one knew what his name used to be, they named him "Buffington". When he became a man, he started seeking adventure, and eventually tried to cross the border to Cyrodill to visit Anvil. He was caught and arrested by Imperials, because he was wearing Stormcloak gear and they thought he was one of them. Buffington was so nervous that he couldn't speak for himself. He was taken to a prison in Helgen, where they tried to decapitate him. Alduin attacked helgen, which caused an extreme distraction. Buffington ran away with Hadvar to Riverwood. After Buffington met Hadvar's uncle, Alvor, he went to Whiterun. If you completed the main questline, you know what happens next. Buffington, now going by the name Solknight, started to become extremely talented at one-handed weapon-fighting in heavy armor. He, one day, joined the Imperial Legion. He imediately started to regret it. He conquered many holds, and finally attacked Windhelm. They had gotten to Ulfric. Solknight always respected Ulfric, other than the fact that he thought only Nords should be in Skyrim. He just wanted Ulfric captured, and imprisoned. He heard Tullius say that Ulfric was going to be killed, whether he surrendered or not. Ulfric asked Solknight to kill him, because he said it would make a much better song. He cried and said "No! I can't do this. General, make it quick." With that, he turned around, and heard clashing swords, followed by Ulfric's last cry of pain. Tullius promoted Solknight to legate, and gave him his lucky sword. He grabbed the sword. and stormed off. "I NEVER WANTED HIM DEAD!" cried Solknight, as he slammed the door to the Palace of Kings behind him. He attended Ulfric's funeral days later. Solknight became very furious with the Empire after this. He had angry, evil thoughts. One day, he told himself "I'm going to join the Dark Brotherhood." Solknight murdered an old woman because a kid told him to. [Insert all DB stuff until the Emperor thing here] When he heard that he was chosen to kill Titus Mede II, he grinned, and he laughed, and laughed, and laughed. When they sent him to crash the wedding, he totally succeeded, mostly because he came to the reception dressed all fancy, but fled shortly after, and equipped his armor and his lucky mask, Nahkriin. Solknight killed Vittoria Vici... and no one knew it was him. After all the other stuff, including the decoy and betrayal, Solknigtht finally got his wish... to get revenge on the Empire... for Ulfric. Today, he is the Harbinger of the Companions, is still trying to return the Thieves' Guild to its former glory, worships the Daedra, eats people, and longs to become a vampire.

What do you think?

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
Started of awesome, but i feel as if the ending was rushed and he was tied to way to many factions. But all in all props dude.

Started of awesome, but i feel as if the ending was rushed and he was tied to way to many factions. But all in all props dude.
I know I kind rushed it. Writing that long about Skyrim without playing it would drive me crazy (I'm bad at playing games and writing at the same time). Thanks a lot for the feedback. I might even make a part 2 sometime!

Solknight Chapter II: Apocalypse

It'll take place around all of Tamriel, and it will be about the Daedric princes (lead in the war by Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon) and Alduin joining forces to take over Nirn... with an army of Daedra and Dragons.
Hmm... I'll work on it over the weekend.

anvil like from cyrodil???
-i liked it BTW
Yes, I was referring to the city of Anvil in Cyrodil.

If you want to read more about Solknight's adventures, go to my Solknight II thread. Stuff gets more and more exciting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts