• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    This is a semi-open RP. If you want to enter, you must send me a private message, including your character card, and i will judge it, to see if you may enter.

10:00 PM, close to Solitude. Six farmers are walking to Dragonsbridge. Solitude guards stop them, and before the farmers can ask why they are stopped, the guards slay them all. What little they have is taken by these so-called guards.

11:00 PM, in Solitude. Two warriors, by the names of Belwas and Torbjorn leave the inn, to pursue rumors of guards who have been ambushing travelers and take their belongings. This is where the story starts....

"Hey Torbjorn. You think we'll get those men? I hope so. They must have some good coin..." Belwas wanted to crack some skulls, and soon. But then, those ambushers must be found first.

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    "I hope so," Agreed Torbjorn, "It's enough to kill a man, let alone rob him." He joked.
    Torbjorn looked over to the Blue Palace and then to Castle Dour.
    "Do you think we should let them know we're investigating? We might get paid in advance, or at least get some assistance." Torbjorn suggested

"Seems good to me. Might be they have some valuable information as well." Belwas started walking to the castle. He greeted some guardsmen, though suspiciously.

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    "Legion might know something about it," he said. "Their intel is always good."
    It had been a long time since Torbjorn had been inside castle Dour, but he knew some old faces would recognise him - he was something of a legend to the nords of the legion. The man who rode with Ulfric and almost joined his rebellion as his right-hand man, but saw Ulfric for who he really was.

"You know someone there?" Torbjorn had piqued Belwas' interest by telling that. Nobody should know about the Legion's intel, except for the Legion itself...

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    Torbjorn turned to Belwas and looked suprised, remembering he did not tell his tale often;
    "Well, I used to be a legionnaire - that's no secret. A lot of people remember me as the General that imprisoned Madanach, the Forsworn king. Some say Ulfric took credit for my work, but I think he handled himself better than I did - after all, he still has both eyes."

"But Ulfric did nothing special there. If i heard the tales correct, you did all the nasty work. Doesn't that make you angry at Ulfric?" Belwas had never known Torbjorn used to be Legion...

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    Torbjorn had considered the question himself a number of times;
    "Well, it's just like any army - the man in charge gets the credit while the ones that do the work get squat. In reality, though, I made many mistakes during the campaign, but I think people regard me as a better leader than Ulfric. Ulfric, in a sense, is just the frontman for an idea."

Star Gazer

"Wait up!" Hollered Isnar the old, while coming out of The Winking Skeever. "I was going into the inn when I heard your plans. I've been looking for adventure and I think this might be just what I was looking for." Said the old man.

Star Gazer

"My name is Isnar the Old. I may not look like much, but I'm sure I can help you. My old friend was murdered last night by a group of solitude guard. He and his family were traveling to Solitude to start a farm and sell vegetables when they were attacked by the evil men that walk these streets, that people look to for protection. If I may come with you to bring justice to the murderers, I will pay you handsomely." Said Isnar, while pulling out a bag of an assortment of different colored gems. "I have collected these over the past few years, and if you let me come with you, they are yours."

Belwas remembered he was a mercenary at heart, so he said; "I guess you can come along. But don't interfere with me or Torbjorn."

Star Gazer

"Believe me, I will try not to be a burden. I just want to bestow vengeance upon those who took my friend and his family." Said Isnar while tossing Belwas the bag of jewels.

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    OOC: Is Isnar a Nord? I figured he would be because of the 'the old' part.

They walked through the huge door of castle dour. The men inside were talking strategy and tactics;
    Legate Rikke and General Tullius were engaging in conversation about some crown when the 3 men came walking in uninvited.
    "Are the guards so inept they allow anyone to just walk in here?" Tullius questions sarcastically.
    He turned to the men, with Torbjorn at the front, as he was on familiar ground.
    "Who are you?" He demanded.

Torbjorn opened his mouth to speak but the words were not his own.
    "Retired General, sir." Reported Rikke. "Torbjorn Ironfist." She glanced awkwardly toward Torbjorn who tried to turn his gaze.

"Well what's he doing here?" Tullius demanded once more, questioning the 3 men for an answer.

OOC: Anyone wanna jump in here? Don't want to hog the storytelling ;)

Star Gazer

OOC: Isnar is a breton, although he has shunned all magic except for rune spells. He has one arm and one eye, but once you get to know him, you will find he is quite clever and wise.
    IC: "They call me Isnar the Old" I have a question about an event, concerning the matter of some guards. Last night, my friend and his family were murdered in cold blood, and stripped of all their belongings. I wish to know the reason they were killed without trial." Isnar said viciously.

Star Gazer

"I know nothing of which you speak of, old man. Get out of here now, before I call my guards. Take the rest of your group with you, on your way out." Said Tullius

Star Gazer

"This is not Riften Tullius! I'm sure the guards here could do better! I demand you provide justice when needed!" Isnar said. "Guards! This group knows too much. Take care of them." Said Tullius, motioning to the group.

"I think not, Tullius. Either you give us information and let us walk away, or fight me in single combat!" Belwas was annoyed by the general.

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    OOC: Can we not do the whole conspiracy thing? Eg. This group knows too much
    I thought the idea Belwas said was they were guard imposters raiding and killing on the roads in Hjaalmarch, they're not real guards.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts