Soar Through the Northern Ashlands in New Skywind Mod Trailer

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

I've been following the Skywind mod for a while now, and I don't think any of the videos released so far have shown its potential better than this nearly finished look at the revamped Northern Ashlands. It's just gorgeous, and it promises to get even better as the mod advances.

"Still a work in progress, and everything is subject to change. Keep in mind, many models are place holders and the ash will be darkened. I was also experimenting with the Dragonborn weather types, they too are not final," wrote SquallyDaBeanz, the Skywind mod team member who uploaded the video.

The mod is the latest project of the team behind Morroblivion, which recreated Morrowind in the Oblivion engine, and seeks to do the same on an even grander scale with the Skyrim engine. The project will recreate Morrowind's terrain, quests, and monters, adapt the game to use modified Skyrim systems, and add volunteer voice acting.

More information about the mods, including how you can help out, is available at the mod's official site http://tesrenewal.com/
View the Post on the Blog